Muslim hip hop soldiers of Allah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
:salam2:

Firstly, i dont think these raps should be promoted in any shape or form not in lyrics nor in videos. We have younger members of the forum and its not right to allow them to think its okay if they think other muslims are doing it, it creates doubt in the hearts for something that is clearly haraam.

Secondly..er what are they singing about...? :p 'BRING ISLAM BACK' yeh sure, whatever fat hope, if they loved Islaam so much they wouldnt dirty its clear waters by coupling haraam music with Islaamic orientated lyrics.

In my eyes, Music is a tool, a drug, and i classify it Class A! Like alcohol, music is used to satiate and control peoples emotions, why do you think it plays such a huge role in western societies - its everywhere you go, you cant so much go out to buy the morning paper without being bombarded with music, its a hypnotic sleep spell, it captivates the mind and soul and makes you all the more submissive to Shaytan, music creates its own 'atmosphere' is own 'aura' which i deem to be wholly satanic. I also want you to consider why exactly, so many so called 'Islaamic' rap groups/hip hop groups exist, 'Outlandish' 'Soldiers of Allah' (er..LOL) 'Sons of Hagar' and 'Blackstone' funnily enough, they all address some political themes in their lyrics, i cant help but feel that this is an attempt to target Muslim youth and convert any legitimate anger/indignation into foggy lyrics which just makes the adrenalin pump, and yet achieves nothing for the Ummah in reality...!

Lol yeh :rolleyes: i can think of too many comments in reply to these pathetic lyrics, but - thats just more work for the mods, so i'll resist - this time :D

Thast just my opinion :(

wasalam alaikum

you are completely right....that was very precise indeed

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Salamu alaykum akhi,

it would be best for you to stay away from them. They are imitiating the kuffar. But people gonna say, 'well, but they mention islam, Allah", so what. All these songs and nasheeds take muslims away from listening to quran. Their hearts get fillled with the love for nashees and slowly abandoning quran step by step. Trust me, those are tricks of shaytan. There some exceptions when it is permissible to use nasheeds, but should they be used all the time? or even make concerts like soldiers of Allah, native deen, sami yusuf (omg) :)? May Allah make our hearts love the quran. If we enjoy listening nasheeds more than quran, then something is wrong with the piece of meat in our chest, the heart. You can find further info. on these links.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=11563&ln=eng&txt=nasheed
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=67925&ln=eng&txt=nasheed

Allah knows best

ws

I think native deen have too many instruments...and sami yusuf's nasheeds contain a great deal of music and yes shaitan is clever, he tricks us, i agree! Many countries promote female nasheed singer, my country does that but I don't know how that can be justified. However that page islamqa doesn't work and there are also other islamic pages concerning this matter for sure. You should maybe enter other links?

muharram23

Staff member
salamu alaykum,

you brothers and sisters really need to read what the ulema say. It is not what we believe is good, but what shariah allows us. Otherwise, we can all be doctors, engineers, electricians, but we don't have to go to university nor study. The same with deen. We don't study our religion, but we are so quick in givin fatwas. By the way, if we think that we can do dawah in the way that it is not according to the sunnah of resulullah s.va, it is just a waste of time and imitation of the kufar. Allah knows best. Follow the salafu saleeh.

Assalamu alaykum

Muharram

muharram23

Staff member
I think native deen have too many instruments...and sami yusuf's nasheeds contain a great deal of music and yes shaitan is clever, he tricks us, i agree! Many countries promote female nasheed singer, my country does that but I don't know how that can be justified. However that page islamqa doesn't work and there are also other islamic pages concerning this matter for sure. You should maybe enter other links?

s.a

jazakillah khair sister, if you can, please give me the links.

A.a

IamMuslim

Me too

I'm trying to quit music, and so i've been looking for acappellas of certain songs as well,

i feel you bro

walaikum

undeeniable

i really

i really shouldn't get into it.

but i would rather see a brother listening to islamic hip hop,

than music of any kind that is filled with lyrics about sex, and drugs, and violence.

that being said i think the whole music/instrument issue is more or less a moot point. let me explain why

it clearly isn't something that we can derive a definitive yes or no on.

at this point in time its all just conflicting opinions.

but by no means do i think we should criticize brothers or sisters for listening to Islamic music or any music for that matter as long as it has a clearly positive message.

thank god, they are listening to music about Islam, or about peaceful and moral things.

it could be a lot worse.

but to just wave your finger and say haram haram haram,

people will not listen to you. even if you are right.

i can play many instruments

and over the years i have come across a lot of music.

does that make you guys distrust me as a Muslim?

does it honestly make you question my faith?

i do not question the good intentions behind those who firmly believe that music is altogether haram in any form. just like alcohol.

but when people just wave their finger and say haram, it doesn't convince me of anything.

i am not naive enough to think that i can fully comprehend our Quran or any sunnah. not even a fatwa from a respected scholar.

and may Allah forgive me if i am wrong.

but i am yet to find any clear statements in the Quran , or any strong hadith,
that can be cross referenced with the Quran, that state that music is altogether haram.

the fatwas i have read all cite very slight reference to music, or unclear relationships with music to other haram things. and from what i understand, there is absolutely nothing in the quran mentioning music as being forbidden.

that being said there are many rulings by very respected scholars that i must consider, because i cannot assume that i know more than any scholar.

but with that statement i must include that i certainly do not know more than those scholars who have different views about music than those mentioned.

Islam clearly forbids alcohol,we can quickly cross reference this in any number of hadith, as proof to anyone in question.

and i think you would be hard pressed to find any Islamic scholar that disagrees.

i am not trying to convince anyone that music is halal, or haram.

i am just questioning the hysteria that we seem to have about the permissibility of music in general.

we are certainly not talking about sex before marriage or alcohol.

just music.

i really think we should look at it that way.

just an insignificant disagreement.

i personally don't think that it matters nearly as much as a lot of other things that we are struggling to deal with.

and yet we get so huffy and worked up about it.

undeeniable

i guess

all i am trying to say i guess,

it all depends on ones level of understanding,

some of the people around here have no foundation in Islam even though they may be arab or muslim.

they do drugs and hang out with women and act like total gangsters.

at their level music like Islamic hip hop in my opinion can be good.

as an alternative to what they are currently listening to.

if you go to someone like that and say hey you cant listen to that, its haram.

they wont understand.

if they understood that they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

i would personally choose to say something like:

i personally don't listen to music, but islam certainly does not encourage music that promotes all these bad things that you do.

maybe a statement like that would encourage someone to look for an alternative.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

I remember hearing one of these raps, and the people can not even say Allahu Akbar or Alhamdulillah properly. I think it is ironic then they complain about the Muslim Ummah.

More time spent Learning Tawheed and Aqeedah, listening and learning Quran and Hadith.. less time listening Nasheeds please! Less time on Internet too!

wasalam

searching

Proof

Asalaamu alaykum,

I was wondering if anyone was able to supply evidence from the Quran or strongly authenticated hadiths that music is haram. I have heard a lot of people say that it is and yet have not come across the evidence.
Shukran for your help and please forgive my ignorance.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Wa aleikum salaam,

Please, use the search option, on the top, we do have loads of references on the islamic position on Music inshallah :) you will find it useful..

buraq

Muslim hip hop is raps about islam and i really like them if anyone has any thing please please please share

as salam-o-alikum,

i've Native Deen (rap nasheed artist) save me, on my comp but dont know how to get on here, if thats any good to you can load on mail,

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

I agree with brother Mabsoot!

Its amazing how much time the Youth spend listening to these so called 'Islamic Nasheeds' compared to Quran or lectures. I beleive this 'Nasheed culture' is a Fitnah to the youth and is taking the Youtyh away from Quran and Sunah.

A lot of people say it is okay for kids who are into music to listen to Nasheeds but from personal experience i say we should just stop it, thats it!

:astag:

Sakeena

Qur'aan

Asalam alaikum,
BOO! I hate rap! But that was better than the crap they show on TV (i.e. MTV, VH1, BET, etc) maybe it should go, who made rap? Kafirs. And we don't wanna be like them! We should stick with the beautiful recitation of the Qur'aanic audio and not this nonsense.

salam,

Sakeena :angryblue:

buraq

salam,,,

i,m a mother, i dont listen to rap, but i have heard Native Deen, i wathced an interview of then on islam channel, show called saturday night live, they talked about why and how they cam to be rap artist,
they also were ones youths that hang around on corners smoking ect,
but one day one of them realised that it was not for them and wanted to change there ways, but wanted to chnge the ways of other youths as well,
they thought kids already listen to rap so lets make one about allah, hopeing that the kids would like it as a rap, but then listen to the words, and click back to the path they came,
there are always 2 sides to every coin, there is good and bad halla and haram in most things, but inshallah, our youth will come back to the right path,

Hamduilallah,,,

liaa

:)

i know that music is haram, but for those we growed up in non-islamic countries, haram is something totally normal , actually os msth that they are used to listen every hour in night an day , so it's hard to give up to music .
But lets' think that for some of them islamic rap ismore inetersting for them and it has a bigger influence on them, for example if i listen to islamic rap that is in english and i can understand, i fell much more better and fell like i have to pray like i have to do smth for islam, if i listen to coran i would probabily get bored because i don't understand a single word and i finally give up to it.

liaa

pls don't kill for what i said before but this is what i think for the moment, and srry for some mistakes i made in writing.

if i listen to coran i would probabily get bored because i don't understand a single word and i finally give up to it.

Salaam sister,

It is hard to understand the Quran if you don't speak or understand Arabic, but they do have audio CDs that says it in Arabic then translates it to English (or whatever language you speak) - Alhamdulillah! I'm sure you can buy them from your local Islamic bazaar or the internet.

JIRMA

i think we should appreciate that when you are young(shabbab) you tend to be angry, and quick and want to express your self in one way or the other and it is only fair that we agree that he needs to be guided slowly without being dismissive or him feeling disrespected, he or she has put in time and done research on his sorroundings and islamic history to make sense of the lyrics, so can we get the possitive part that he is learning his history and environment. I think his epxression is right but his approach needs to be looked from diffrent perspective. This need perspective needs more understanding of deen and time .

samiha

---------
Staff member

thank you for all your opinions. IN the end, it's Allah who judges, so we should not say anything about these people specifically, except perhaps hope that they discontinue music, however, regardless... our site policy is that we do not allow music.

If you would like further detail on this, insha'allah make use of the search function.

Thank you.

- Thread closed -

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.