My name means "Trinity"--Time to change?

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum, :SMILY259:

I recently learned that my name "Tiffany" means "Trinity" in Greek or Latin... anyway, ths means I have to change my name legally, correct? I chose Sakeena :SMILY252: hehe (duh...lol) mashaAllah!! :hijabi:

So, I'll have to change it because Trinity is a form of shirk in Islam! Astagfirullah!!

Does anyone have accurate info about names??? :(

:tti_sister:

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Salaamu Alaikhum sister Sakeena, try www.names4muslims.com insha ALLAH, i'm not sure on the way or if it is mandatory, but i thought it is better 2 have someone else choose the name 4 u? i believe it has something 2 do with the attributes that others c n u, don't take this as fatwah, ask ur Imam or if any1 else has any nfo on this plz nform the sister. May ALLAH make it easy 4 u. As Salaamu Alaikhum

DanyalSAC

Well from what I know the name Tiffany is from a Greek word meaning "revelation from God" or something like that. I did a google and it said its from the old Greek "theophaneia", meaning "appearance or manifestation of God":

"Theo" = God
"phaneia" = appearance, the "phan" part is also where we get "phantom" and "fantasy" in English

In other words - I think it reflects the Christian view of God being manifested in Jesus, pbuh.

Allahu alim.