My reversion to Islam

Mugaz

Assalmu walaikum everyone. Before I start my story I would like to make it perfectly clear that my intentions are not to insult any persons’ religious beliefs, this was just my personal experience and the questions and answers I asked myself before reverting to Islam made sense to me, and to you be your way to me be mine.....

I’m from Trinidad, a Caribbean Island where there is a mix of different races and religions, Christianity, Hinduism and Islam being the major ones. My family members are Hindus, who are relatively strict in their beliefs, esp my father but from a young age I always liked to ask a lot of questions....Why this and why that and what reasoning is behind doing so and so? And I had a very difficult time understanding why we had to prostrate before something which can be physically touched or broken! So, I just didn’t really take on the teachings of Hinduism but I believed there was a God.

Oh, at 10 I remember hearing that in Islam you can have 12 wives and if you skipped a fast during Ramadhan to make one day up, you have to fast for 72 days (lol) Anyhow, even though I heard lots of silly things I still thought to myself...”WAW! Muslims have alot of dedication, even the young ones show such strong dedication and to boot, it’s a God they have no face for.” So, every time Ramadan came around I tried fasting a few days, to show some respect for Muslims and to see what they had to experience. So, I did fast but I always thought that Islam was too strict for me to become a Muslim.....

So, I wasn’t muslim, didn’t consider myself a Hindu but I was very accustomed to Christianity so I just prayed like a Christian. I believed Jesus (as) walked the earth and spread the word of God but I couldn’t understand the trinity, the fact that God and son is the same? Yet God is human? And has a mother? And Jesus (as) prayed and fasted to God?? These were the questions I asked myself and I knew that things didn’t add up....

So, remember earlier when I told you that during Ramadan I would fast to show respect for Muslims, well a year Ramadan came and once again my normal routine started and I tried to fast a bit and then I realised that I never read about Islam or why Muslims fast! Alhamudillah, I still remember that day till now.......I sat in front of my PC and typed Islam into google and during the first five or ten minutes of reading about this deen, I just sat and cried, my tears ran hot and it felt as if something had shaken my body and soul, everything seemed to make perfect sense. One of the questions I always asked was, “What is our purpose in life?” Quran51:56-“ I have not created you (man or jinn) for any other purpose to worship me Your Lord”......

In the beginning I said to myself that I would have waited till I could wear hijab then to convert but then I realised I did everything according to Islam and I had already taken my shahadah without stating the words.....Well my parents have not accepted my Islam,they know but choose to act as it doesn’t exist and that I may grow out of the phase but Alhamuillah, I accepted Islam when I was 15 and till this day, four years later that phase hasn’t left my side, and Insha Allah never will. My mother knows and accepts it a bit, but not my father, I still live with them and live like a typical Hindu life, going temple and so on....but I do say my Salat and I do believe that There is NO GOD BUT ALLAH and Muhammad Mustafa (saw) was His final Messenger....

Well folks that’s all for now, I know it’s a bit long, so srry...btw I’m a girl! Insha Allah this message will reach all in the best of health...Assalmu walaikum

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
My family members are Hindus, who are relatively strict in their beliefs, esp my father but from a young age I always liked to ask a lot of questions....Why this and why that and what reasoning is behind doing so and so? And I had a very difficult time understanding why we had to prostrate before something which can be physically touched or broken! So, I just didn’t really take on the teachings of Hinduism but I believed there was a God.

Dear sister, firstly alhamdulillah and congratulations for choosing Islam. I'm ex-Hindu also and agree with you 100%. I did the same thing by asking lot of things about hinduism to my parents. Most of the time they will not answer me instead will order me "just follow". Just to share my thought, hindus usually avoid or not able to answer certain question posed to them because they are not aware what is in their holy scriptures. This is because only the brahmin are allowed to read the holy scriptures so other group including my parents are not allowed to read so they can't answer to my questions about hinduism. If all hindus start to read their vedas, insyAllah more will embrace Islam as the vedas did also mentioned about tauhid and that God is formless, so why are they worshipping idol?

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
:salam2:
Masha'Allah sis :ma::ma:
is very nice story
Jazakillahu khair for sharing
May Allah reward you :hijabi::hijabi:

wa salam

Mugaz

Jazak Allah Khair for everyone's support and to the brother who also reverted, Alhamduillah. The reasoning given to me was also, just accept and follow and I had a huge problem with the fact that the Bagwat Geeta was not easliy attainable to everyone, hence it could not be examined for clarity for those who wanted it.....and! each pundit (Hindu priest) had there own interpretation of many of the stories in the book, which personally sounds a bit too similar to fairy tales!

salek

congratulations,sister. you are one of the chosen person whom Allah (swt) kindly showed the true path. May Allah shower his rahma contineously on you and grant peace in your mind. pls. do doa for us too, sister.

BigAk

Mugaz

:salam2:

I admire your courage you've demonstrated in your journey to the truth .. to Islam. We are very excited that you've decided to join our muslim ummah. May Allah bless you and keep your heart on the right path.

I have been listening to a lecture of Shaikh Ahmed Deedat titled "From Hinduism to Islam" I thought it maybe interesting and beneficial for your father to watch.. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXZpFhIxjw&feature=PlayList&p=B9BA5ECEA6833AD6&playnext=1&index=12

justme1983

So, I wasn’t muslim, didn’t consider myself a Hindu but I was very accustomed to Christianity so I just prayed like a Christian. I believed Jesus (as) walked the earth and spread the word of God but I couldn’t understand the trinity, the fact that God and son is the same? Yet God is human? And has a mother? And Jesus (as) prayed and fasted to God?? These were the questions I asked myself and I knew that things didn’t add up....

Wa alaykum salam,

Subhan'Allah I know the feeling. I still, to this day, don't get the trinity idea or any of it actually! I believe that if people (Christians) would just stop and think about it instead of following it blindly, lots more would convert because subhan'Allah, it just doesn't make ANY sense!!!

Alhamdulillah we have been guided to Islam, which makes perfect sense. It didn't take me long to realize it either. I started reading about it and within minutes I thought "Now this makes sense! This is something I can believe!" All it takes is a second of actually thinking.

Welcome sis!

yameenahmed

welcome to islam sister may allah grant you jannah and

please start preaching islam to your sisters,brothers and cousins sister may allah

bless all of us

yasin67

Assalamalaikoum
Beautiful story mashallah.Well I couldn't really call it a reversion story.coz you were never out of Islam in your thought.Let's say you just learned about your religion more and made your living according to it :D
Welcome to Islam sis

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum
Allahu Akbar! ALlahu Akbar! Allahu AKbar!

masha ALlah! you have a good parents you know. some people get have problems with family when they convert. may ALlah subahan wata'ala guide your family amiin and may ALlah increase your iman amiin.:hearts:

wasalam

salahdin

MASHALLAH and welcome to tti.

25) And We verily sent Noah and Abraham and placed the prophethood and the scripture among their seed, and among them there is he who goeth right, but many of them are evil-livers. (26) Then We caused Our messengers to follow in their footsteps; and We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow, and gave him the Gospel, and placed compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him. But monasticism they invented - We ordained it not for them - only seeking Allah's pleasure, and they observed it not with right observance. So We give those of them who believe their reward, but many of them are evil-livers. (27) O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah and put faith in His messenger. He will give you twofold of His mercy and will appoint for you a light wherein ye shall walk, and will forgive you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful; (28) That the People of the Scripture may know that they control naught of the bounty of Allah, but that the bounty is in Allah's hand to give to whom He will. And Allah is of Infinite Bounty. (29) 57:25-29

Mugaz

Jazak Allah Khair for everyone's kind words.....May Allah Subhan Wa Tallah bless us all and make our Imaan stronger, Insha Allah :)

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
I think initially when resistance may be high it will be good to hide and do prayers silently without others in family knowing