My son needs duas

ummsami89

Salam aliakum sisters and brothers,
My 19 year old son has been getting into alot of trouble lately in the last year. We are at our wits ends with him and have tried to help him but he doesn't want to help himself. He just seems to try to "dare" and want to live life foolishly. We raised him to be a better muslim than this but he just is not following Islam. I pray for him every prayer and so does his dad and our friends. He doesnt want to go to school or get a job. just party and socialize. He recently got his hand broken because of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Every day, I wait "for the other shoe to drop". Sometimes I can make myself physically sick because of worry, anger, frustration etc at him. I don't know what's wrong with him. his dad is sooooo mad at him and threatens to kick him out all the time. But what good does that do him? Just be in the streets and get in more trouble?! I need duas and advice please. I dont know if anyone else had troubles with their muslim kids in the West and all the temptations.
Jak
Sister Jamie:tti_sister:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I've two sons, but they are still small but I can feel your worry. As your brother I will definitely make du'a for your son inshAllah. Advise: I think you are much older than me perhaps I'm not the best person to offer you advise. During a talk I attended two weeks ago one ustazah suggested that parents read ayah from Surah Ibraheem, verse 40.

رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلاَةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاء (٤٠)

"O my Lord! Make me one who performs the prayer, and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation. (Surah Ibraheem, 14:40)

Don't give up making du'a, my sheikh said parents du'a for their children always being answered by Allah.

I'm sorry sister for not being able to offer better advise.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
May Allah guide your son and all of us.ameen:D
sorry dont know anything else to say:(

Allah hafiz now and always:D

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Salam.

Sister.. Always show compassion to your son. He will inshallah see the beauty of Islam in you and change. Do your best sister. As long as your doing your part in front of allah swt don't worry so much because u did ur part.

And sister rmmbr "innaka len tahdi men ahbabta walakina Allah yahdi men yasha" 'you do not guide whom you love buy Allah guides whom he wills' -quran.

So take care sister and may Allah ease your difficulty.

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

may Allah guide him to be a good Muslim who'l make his parents happy. patience and prayers. i got a suggestion, if it could work, maybe you can send him for umrah and maybe the experience can help.

island muslim

As Salaam Alaiykum sister,

Inshaallah I will keep you in my du'a. I made a note of it on my list of those who I keep in my du'a.
Very sad to see you suffering sister as a mother. May allah guide your son ameen.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sister

May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala give hidayah and hikmah to your son and to everybody else in your family. Surely if Allah guides, nobody else can misguide; if Allah does not guide, there is nobody who can guide.

Take it as a test and try to get in touch with the Imam of your local mosque. Don't try to force upon him something. A person is known by the companions he keep. Check what kind of friends does he have? You should not allow his kuffar friends to come and meet him. Instead allow him to meet with good muslim brothers, who can give him good company.

Go on a holiday with your family and friends, so that he can keep away from the bad circle of friends for some time.

Insha Allah, he will come back to the path of Righteousness.

Wa/salam.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
may Allah help ur son.

wht about giving him few pamphlets about Allah, paradise, hell, etc?

these are basics things....until we understand this properly..islam will always be tough for us.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
asalam alykum wr wb
don't worry just keep your hope alive with duwa .. according to a hadith our hearts in two fingers of Allah SWt ,,,,so He can move it at right side... Ya mukalibul qaloob qalib qalobuna alla ta'atik ...translation... o who move the hearts of People evolve our hearts towards your obedience.
wsalam o alykum wr wb