need sum serious help i dunno what to do

Leon12

assalamu alaykum brothers and sisters,

i just wanted sum advice on what to do, I am revert to islam alhamulillah.But I am going through some real test and trials. Ever since I embraced my life has changed. I mean complete change. I am every so thankful to Allah for guiding me. The issue is that I have never felt so alone. I have lost a lot of things in my life. I have no friends , they all got wierd after they found out that I was muslim, and also my girlfriend , left me , my ex girlfriend of 5 years thinks I have completely lost my mind and wants nothing to do with me.Her and my daughter have since been out of my life. To make matters worse my Family is really christian and they the ridicule me at every chance they get.I have tried my best to ask and beg allah to help me and its been a year already since my reversion to islam. I try going regularly to the masjid , and to do the best i can in reguards to this deen but i never knew i would lose everything, I need sum help. I am so alone

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalmaulikum.I am a revert and I know what you are going through.

Allah will take away the bad things and replace it with something better.
Be patience and keep full trust in Allah.All reverts go through difficult time and even born Muslims go through the same.

Life is not a bed of roses but Jannah is.Strive hard for Jannah.inshAllah Allah will compensate you.

uddim004

you seem to be in a very difficult situation. however i propose that you make your deen stronger. allah will surely guide you as he has guided you to the true path. maybe your family ridicule you because they are ignorant. this may sound harsh but many people do not really understand islam. it may be that they do not really know islam. maybe they are insecure and this is there way of dealing with it. with the point you made about your wife leaving you. you should try your best to make contact with them you should also try to teach them about islam. by this i don't mean fully preach- but to an extent that they are able to understand that you are still the same person personality wise, however have turned to another religion. and alhamdulla you will be guided. you will be rewarded twice. make sure you do not say bad things back to your family. the prophet may peace and blessings be upon him would ,even under the circumstances (his family not believing him and wishing to harm him) would always treat them with respect as if they had not done anything wrong. you should especially make sure that you are respectful towards your mother as it states in a hadith 'paradise lies beneath the feet of your mother'. this may also be a test from allah. this test maybe allowing you to get the best rewards allah wants you to have. hope this helps- may allah guide and reserve you a place in jannatul firdous my brother.:salam2::shake:

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
assalamualaikum

may Allah help you.

Keep on being patient and keep your steadfastness being a slave of Allah.
inshaallah this is a precious time for u to increase your trust in Him.

Allah will surely help you. Always keep in mind that if you do everything that Allah likes and stay away from what He dislikes, He will love you and you will be ok. No matter how difficult the problem is.

It's difficult as you have already known, but we have to always remind ourselves; this life is a test. That thing we have to admit. We cant go on without a lot of patience.

Read Quran and ponder its meaning. Prayer and Salah are always our 'weapon'.

Assalamualaikum.

hana*

Dear Leon,

I undersatnd completely what you are going through, although i am not a revert myself, i think that anyone who becomes a true follower of this faith will become alienated by those around them. The Prophet peace be upon him said that Islam began a strange and alien religion and will return as a strange religion, so 'touba' for the strangers- touba is a place in paradise reserved for those muslims who practiced this faith at difficult times like now.

Please brother do not give up, do not lose hope. the reason why you are being tested is that Allah loves you and wants to test you. also the shaytan is constantly at youre back in an attempt to make you leave this faith! Please remember that you are not alone, you have Allah :) remember all the early Muslims - who were reverts like yourself, they went through far greater that we can ever imagine. they were tortured, beaten, stoned, crucified, boycotted etc etc all because they left their original faith for Islam. like yourself, their family deserted them, even tortured them. they stood firm, and for that, they have such high places in Paradise.

we are all here for you brother, maybe there is someone in the same location as you here on TTI?

I wish you all the best, and remember nothing is too difficult for Allah, nothing is impossible, it may so be that Allah guides your entire family to Islam.. ameen :)

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

1) What you are in need of is some motivation. This life is filled with this type of hardship. You are a new revert, it is expected that your family and friends will behave this way. However, for the majority of the reverts, their families usually soften toward them later on.

2) Some steps you can take include the following: behave well with the mother of your child, by sending her some small gifts and gifts to your child in order to soften their hearts toward you. The same can be done for your family. You may also try calling and visiting your parents and siblings. And do not immediately speak to them about religion. You may replace old friends by attending a local masjid (mosque) and make new ones with Muslims. Most of them are friendly people, so do not be shy to introduce yourself to them.

3) Your situation has been faced by many others, including the prophets Ibrahim and Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them). Remind yourself of Paradise and make Dua (supplication) to Allah (The Exalted) to soften the hearts of your family members toward you, remember this may take some time.

You may refer to the following links:

1) Description of Paradise: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41173

2) The Deen Show: http://thedeenshow.com/

3) http://www.islamreligion.com/

4) http://www.youtube.com/user/khalifahklothing?blend=1&ob=4

sarahlou

Asalamu Alaikum, I am a recent revert as well and I know that it can be trying sometimes. Whenever I despair I think of the reason why I became a muslim. I try to look at all of the good things that I am blessed with alhamdulillah. Just remember after hardship always comes ease. Allah is testing you and if you cans stick this out Insha Allah great things will come to you. Please don't be sad.

What part of California are you from? Maybe there are some brothers on tti that you could hang with. I am from California, but I am a sister. Also what about making friends with brothers at the masjid.

May Allah make it easier on you ameen.

:hijabi:

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah

Asssalamo alikom hermano Leon,

No es nada facil por lo que debes estar pasando. Lo unico que puedo aconsejarte es que sigas firme y aprendiendo y avanzando en el conocimiento del Islam, para que asi lleves luz donde hay oscuridad. Ahoras eres un embajador de la Verdad, y no es tarea facil. Mira cuanta ignorancia hay alrededor...solo tu puedes mostrarles cuan equivocados estan. Tu testimonio, buen comportamiento y mucha oracion son la unica manera de contestar sabiamente ante esta situacion.

Ten en cuenta ademas que los "amigos" que se alejaron, nunca lo fueron realmente.

Muchas veces, sobretodo despues de convertirnos Allah permite como un "detox" en nuestra vida, no para hacernosla mas dificil, sino por el contrario, para librarnos y limpiarnos de todo aquello( o aquellos) que no es para nuestro beneficio.

Te en cuenta que Allah sabe lo que no sabemos y todo pasa con un proposito que muchas veces no captamos.

Allah tambien quiere ver que tan pacientes y creyentes reales somos.

Allah nos lleva muchas veces al fondo del mar no para ahogarnos sino para limpiarnos.

Que Allah te llene de sabiduria, fortaleza y paciencia

Assalamo alikom

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
assalamu alaykum brothers and sisters,

i just wanted sum advice on what to do, I am revert to islam alhamulillah.But I am going through some real test and trials. Ever since I embraced my life has changed. I mean complete change. I am every so thankful to Allah for guiding me. The issue is that I have never felt so alone. I have lost a lot of things in my life. I have no friends , they all got wierd after they found out that I was muslim, and also my girlfriend , left me , my ex girlfriend of 5 years thinks I have completely lost my mind and wants nothing to do with me.Her and my daughter have since been out of my life. To make matters worse my Family is really christian and they the ridicule me at every chance they get.I have tried my best to ask and beg allah to help me and its been a year already since my reversion to islam. I try going regularly to the masjid , and to do the best i can in reguards to this deen but i never knew i would lose everything, I need sum help. I am so alone

:salam2:

i wish i knew what to tell you to help you with your situation. i guess i'll tell you what people have been telling me.... that is BE PATIENT AND HAVE FAITH. that's probably the only thing that will help people that are going through difficulties. insha'ALLAH things will become better. i will keep you in my du'a.
:wasalam:

rightpath_357

Aw bro! Beleive it or not, but EVERY SINGLE REVERT goes through something similar. regular Muslims also go through discrimination. It's one of the many tests of life. Be strong!!!!

You still have a family- usss on tti!!!!!!:D
Remember Jannah- read Qur'an- when people ridicule you, maybe say " Wow, if this is how my old religon took care of things, I'm glad I converted!"

Also brother- maybe try to teach some of our family Islam, they could learn to love it!!!!!
Best of Luck!
Salam!:D

abulzan07

Brother everyone one of us go through hardship trial tribulation cos paradise is very expensive its not that cheap that we have can fun easy life widout problems here in this world and also get paradise......See how companion of prophet saw gave everything for Islam how much they have suffer and go through for this deen our problem are not 1% of it but Allah promise them paradise ..........Try to find good brother in your area you need good company of brother more than anything

arzafar

well im sorry for what you're facing in your life but remember that your family has rights over you, even if they ridicule you. i.e. you have to respect and take care of them.
1. try to find some good muslim friends in the mosque.
2. participate in dawah activities and community services if you have time
3. get married if you can.

DanyalSAC

Take it one day at a time my brother, and if you can't take it one day at a time take it one minute at a time. You will eventually pull free. Allah has lead you to Islam, and Allah will not abandon you now that you are here. But as mentioned above it won't be easy at first. Try to become a regular at your local masjid, meet brothers you can hang out with. You will find a friendship that goes far deeper than your previous aquaintances. Trust me in this - for everything you've given up for Allah, He will replace it with something better.

Though it appears you've not been back to this site since you posted that, I do hope you return. I am also in California, if you like you can hit me up though I'm unsure what part you're in.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Rest assured, brother, that you are not alone, as God is with you and He loves you and cares about you. You also have many friends you are yet to meet, here and in the mosque.

Best counsel I can give you is to remember the story of the Egyptian wizards whom Pharaoh summoned to challenge Moses, peace be upon him. When they embraced the truth Pharaoh threatened them with severe retribution. They persevered and would not waiver. They asked Pharaoh the simple question,

"And you do not resent us except because we believed in the signs of our Lord when they came to us. Our Lord, pour upon us patience and let us die as Muslims." (7:126)

Those who are leaving you are leaving a blessing and a light. Pray for them that they come back guided.

could not agree with you more brother Ayman!

and Leon, I ask Allah ta'ala to make matters easy for you for He [swt] is the best help you have got right now.ameeeen
STAY STRONG......Allah is with the patient!!