New department

mahmoud2010

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Dear all

I have one question for all why there isn't (Not exist)
section under this site (forum) to whom speak or read Arabic?
Or this site for English speakers only, I Convinced this site very useful for all Muslims
For me when I want read the (for Example) Threads I spend many time to understand it
I search for many sites to find the Arabic forum as this forum but I didn't find good forum

Thank you very much for all
Mahmoud

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Dear all

I have one question for all why there isn't (Not exist)
section under this site (forum) to whom speak or read Arabic?
Or this site for English speakers only, I Convinced this site very useful for all Muslims
For me when I want read the (for Example) Threads I spend many time to understand it
I search for many sites to find the Arabic forum as this forum but I didn't find good forum

Thank you very much for all
Mahmoud

:salam2:

There are sections for English, French, German and Dutch. As far as I can see, most of the activity is based in the English section, despite there being a number of speakers of the other listed languages.

Arabic is a beautiful language, but unfortunately, so many of us are unable to speak it :(. I can speak a fair amount, but my reading is terrible, and my writing skills are non-existent :(

English is the one language that most of the users here are likely to comprehend, even if it's not our native language. I think it increases the sense of "community" here. There are some posters here who's English isn't great, but they still make very good contributions to the site.

Besides, I suppose it's always useful to have a few native Arabic speakers hanging around in the English section, for translation and clarification purposes.

By the way, your English seems fine :) :mashallah:

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

I need the English, as this is my native language. What would be wonderful is if we started to insert Arabic words to help people like me, build our Arabic vocabulary. Actually, I do not speak English, I speak American, which is a very different language from English.
Please continue to write in English and throw in some Arabic words..you will be educating me. Thank you.

visionusman

being content
Salaam Brother,

I need the English, as this is my native language. What would be wonderful is if we started to insert Arabic words to help people like me, build our Arabic vocabulary. Actually, I do not speak English, I speak American, which is a very different language from English.
Please continue to write in English and throw in some Arabic words..you will be educating me. Thank you.
so the americans don't speak english? i always thought so myself. Finally some one who agrees that there is no such thing as american english. it's either american or english. U can't speak both.

mahmoud2010

learn Arabic

السلام عليكم

Could we create section here to learn Arabic language for speakers English and another section to learn English for speakers Arabic? And I can share to teach Arabic
Or the only way here to upload the materials by poster
If there are methods to upload the lessons let me know

Mahmoud

halah

I think it'de be better to utilize this opportunity to improve your English language.:salah:

farhopes

No God but Allah
I think it'de be better to utilize this opportunity to improve your English language.:salah:
Welcome brother, I think that you shouldn't be upset about English. The more you read, the more you'll improve your English. Let me tell you a secret; I'm a teacher of English from Egypt and for many times I need to use the dictionary to look up some words I don't know. Don't tell anyone.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
so the americans don't speak english? i always thought so myself. Finally some one who agrees that there is no such thing as american english. it's either american or english. U can't speak both.

No, they are not the same. When I was in the army, about a million years ago, we did some training with english soldiers. One of them came up to me after a meal and asked me if I wanted to smoke a fag. Started a fight that caused some bruised ribs and alot of laughter afterward. Neither of us knew that that would mean something very different to americans and englishmen.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
No, they are not the same. When I was in the army, about a million years ago, we did some training with english soldiers. One of them came up to me after a meal and asked me if I wanted to smoke a fag. Started a fight that caused some bruised ribs and alot of laughter afterward. Neither of us knew that that would mean something very different to americans and englishmen.

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah
Lol..Good one akhi

American
-Driver seat on the left
-Favorite

UK

-Driver seat on the right
- favourite

And many more differences??

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah
And many more differences??

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah.

lol.. American Muslim, that was funny. :)

A lot of things are different, but Americans say it right ;) jk:

Honor, Honour, Color, Colour, Rationalize, Rationalise, etc.

and What becomes all strange and not to mention almost every other word is so uptight and constraint. :)

But that's off topic. I think, since the Forum is mostly comprised of English speakers, and English is the international language... it would make sense that most of it would be in that language.

Perhaps in future, if we get a good batch of Arabic Speakers, maybe an extra part could be added? But as of yet, I think most people would not be able to understand it.

You could post under the Learn Arabic Forum, or the General Forum, whoever can understand it will, and perhaps others can provide translations?

:wasalam:

justmuslim

Asalamu allaykum my bros and sisters

mansha alla you make me laugh but this is really true and i agree with u they're way different. it happen to couple people that i know. lollll

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

Yeah, English and American is different!

U see American English is different from English, English is derived from Britian. U can know the difference because of the accent.

When u want to know someone is from Britian u ask him Are U english Right? But if u want to know if the person is from America u ask him R u American?

P.S i have no clue what im talking about, however, English is different from American!!LOL

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I know it's geeky, but I enjoy the history of language and slang. Why do the english say coulour, and aeroplane, etc.? Why is it cow on the hoof and beef on the table? Two words, Norman Invasion. All you guys over there are really Frenchies in disguise! lol. Sorry, off topic, couldn't help it.