New member from the Netherlands

Felip21

Asalmoe aleikoem everybody!

You might be even more excited to think that I am a Dutch man, but I'm not. I originally come from Somalia. But I just love the name Felipe :SMILY335:I'm 21 years old and I'm currently studying Economics and Languages (German, English and Spanish) I have been looking at this website from time to time for almost 2 years and I have decided to join the website.

I may post some threads that may look foolish or stupid. But it's because Islam is a way of life, that on has to have a lot of knowledge to become a good muslim. I just want to discover more about our beautiful and rational religion.

If I look at what is becoming of this country ( the Netherlands ) my imaan just becomes stronger and stronger. From the social problems, that muslims have solved ages ago, we're struggeling with them. I'm talking about alcohol abuse of young children and elder, about prostitution, about women that are exploited, about racism. This just makes me even more happy to be a muslim.
Allah said that he only forbids, what is wrong for the soul. The wisedom of Allah is so much, we cannot even comprehend it. It makes me feel humble.

I'm not from a very religious family to be honoust. I have 8 brothers and sisters and I'm the only child that does somethings about his religion. And my father has been praying since he was a small child. I think it has to do a lot with our culture. Many people do not see us ( Somalis ) as a very religious race/people. That's what concerns me. But I have seen the revival of our religion. Both in Somalia and in the Netherlands. Which I'm grateful for.

For now I want to become more active in discussing our issues, hopes and other topics.

I do have a very intereseting story why I have about becoming a practicing muslims again ( since 2,5 years ago ). If people are interested I will post it soon.

But I do not know in which forum it's best to put it in. Can someone tell me where I should post the thread about my path again to the Lord?

I hope Allah will guide me and all of you on His path to eternal bliss.

Asalamoe Aleikoem all of you!

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2: brother

welcome and share your thought and stories with us

As for your stories try TTI Lounge, there are more visitors here

Wassalam

Oem Soufiane

Share it here inshallah, i live in the Netherlands too. Crazy country isn't it. May allah swt guide you (and all of us) to be a practising knowledgeable servant.

bilalswife1983

I may post some threads that may look foolish or stupid. But it's because Islam is a way of life, that on has to have a lot of knowledge to become a good muslim. I just want to discover more about our beautiful and rational religion.

------------------------------
I do have a very intereseting story why I have about becoming a practicing muslims again ( since 2,5 years ago ). If people are interested I will post it soon.

First of all, welcome to TTI! I hope you gain a lot from us and us from you. Secondly, don't be ashamed to ask questions. How can you get an answer if you don't ask a question? You'd just walk around wondering and that's just no use to anyone! And if you just can't bring yourself to ask in front of everyone, pm one of the brothers and insha allah they will help you. Last but not least, of course we want to hear your story. a_brother gave you the link so insha allah we would like to see your story there soon (if it's not already there!).

Time for Isha! Everyone have a good night!

Your sister in Islam,

Dawn

Felip21

:salam2:

welcome to TTI :)
Share it here inshallah, i live in the Netherlands too. Crazy country isn't it. May allah swt guide you (and all of us) to be a practising knowledgeable servant.

Indeed, this country is crazy! From a country I felt I was a big part of it, it seems to become colder and colder. The main issues are being conceiled and foreigners get the blame for everything. Negative news is always one-sided.
I thought the Dutch were the most down to earth people on the planet.

I have already decided to leave this country after my degree. The love I had for this country went away after 9/11. I thought of all Europeans, the Dutch must understand Islam the most. I guess I was wrong. Churches are closing down, because people know it's a fabricated truth. But when mosques are bing built, it's a negative impact on their culture? Their not even patriotic for crying out loud! What makes Islam so dangerous for the Western society? And why only us nowadays?

Sorry it just frustrates me how hypocrit some people may look like.

:salam2:

Felip21

By the way thanks to all that have welcomed me to the site and thank to the ones that about to welcome me! Remember, United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Asalamoe aleikoem

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah nice to know about u brother, welcome to TTI insha Allah hope we will learn from ur knowledge as u will from our for the sake of Allah. Pls be rem me in ur duwas.

Jazak Allah

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

Welcome here, inshallah you can post your story in the lounge, i think that'd be a good place!