Niqaabi Sister Attacked!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In all the self-defense classes I have had to endure females were always encouraged to protect themselves with mace.

FYI:

Mace is :From Wikipedia

Mace is a tear gas in the form of an aerosol spray which propels a lachrymatory agent mixed with a volatile solvent. It is sometimes used as a self-defense device. This form of Mace is legal in very few countries, thus its use is becoming uncommon.

The original formulation consisted of 1% CN gas in a solvent of 2-butanol, propylene glycol, cyclohexene, and dipropylene glycol methyl ether. Some formulations now also include Oleoresin Capsicum (active ingredient in pepper spray).

Mace was originally manufactured under the name "Chemical Mace" by Lake Erie Chemical (a former division of Smith & Wesson) in 1962, but is now a registered trademark of Mace Security International. Most Mace sold today by Mace Security International is pepper spray rather than tear gas, though it is still possible to buy Mace. Many other companies now manufacture similar products.

Mace vs. pepper spray
Due to the current brand-name use of the term "Mace" to refer to pepper sprays and the fact that mace is illegal in most Western countries, it is very difficult to find information on traditional mace. "Mace" and "pepper spray" are frequently used interchangeably, although they are different substances.

Kakorot

:salam2:

Another alternative is carrying hot pepper sauce, because you can dash it in their eyes or up their nose. Hijab pins because you can poke them. Or you can just carry a huge rucksack and tell them to backoff because they don't want to know what's in there. Or sisters who wear calorie belts can pretend it's a... never mind lol. :)

ansari

STRANGER...

I keep horse riding whip in my car ..
like this one >
wa6500c.jpg

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

I received this following text from a bro:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:astag:
This is a very serious issue :(
This kaffir act is senseless!Attacking innocent public is a shameful!
Such thing won't be hapenning when the world is too advance on idea.

:tti_sister:May Allah swt protect and shower blesses upon on all muslim~Amin!

Thank you for the posting,
May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam

Self defense for women is really important and quite undervalued in lots of places. The sad thing is, many people don't even show an interest towards it! Like I remember a story of a sister who herself was a black belt in certain martial arts and she wanted to teach some other sisters basic self defense, but because of utter lack of interest she had to drop the idea.

Another alternative is carrying hot pepper sauce, because you can dash it in their eyes or up their nose. Hijab pins because you can poke them. Or you can just carry a huge rucksack and tell them to backoff because they don't want to know what's in there. Or sisters who wear calorie belts can pretend it's a... never mind lol. :)

This article is such a serious matter, that I'm ashamed to say I started laughing upon coming across this lol ... Oh no... just imagining your scenario sis Channa ... !!

PHP:
"So... why're you carrying that big rucksack around?"  

"To intimidate potential attackers" 

"What's in it?"

"Hot pepper sauce and Hijaab pins"

"What are you going to do with Hijaab pins?"

"Poke them"

>.> "And the pepper sauce?"

"Blind them. Or stick it up their nose"

"You really think that's going to work?"

"If not I always have the calorie belt!" ^_^

Ok *seriously* Astagfirullah it's pathetic the extent people will go to oppose hijaab and niqaab. In our small towns it seems so far from anything remotely 'bad' happening but I would really worry going into a more populous area.

I hope the sister is doing alright inshaAllaah =( Do keep us updated.

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Well real men do not attack women. It is that simple. One tidbid..whatever you do make sure you keep your feet on the ground. Scream in the persons ear. And I mean scream.

I am sure someone will post a few self-defense pointers, Insha'Allah.

Valerie

I was actually talking to my husband about self defense the other day. I told him I wanted to take a class or something. His advice? "Kick them, bite them, scratch them...." Although I'm not sure I'd want to bite an attacker. I'd be brushing my teeth for a week.. nonstop. Aapa is so right though, real men don't attack women.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sisters high heels work wonders. You take that heel and dig it. A long and narrow key...see those idiots were wrong in attacking a woman because now they have sisters thinking and that should make them scared.

aisha16

Seriously like Sis Aapa said what kind of man hits a woman? I'm really not digging this hijabi hate. I hope the sisters in that area, which I'm guessing in somewhere in England protect themselves. I don't think something like that would ever happen in my area...the worst we hijabis get is weird looks/ and laughs...but I guess every sister is thinking that. We should protect ourselves, self defense is allowed. I'm gonna sincerly make duaa for these sisters. The war on hijab/niqab needs to end...

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Ok this is going a bit far. We are looking at legal means of protection, not illegal means. Bottles, whips, mace, sauces etc. are no good for the situation in UK. I've thought about them before myself lol. The bag trick may work but is likely to get you into greater trouble with authorities and cause unnecessary house raids. Let's be real...

thariq2005 said:
Lol you don't need to worry, you can always get `uthmaan to knock out people for you. (provided the enemy has a bike on him)

Yeah but hardly do they have bikes!

Was-salaam

abu'muhammad

I was actually talking to my husband about self defense the other day. I told him I wanted to take a class or something. His advice? "Kick them, bite them, scratch them...." Although I'm not sure I'd want to bite an attacker. I'd be brushing my teeth for a week.. nonstop. Aapa is so right though, real men don't attack women.

Assalaamu alaykum,

what about walking quick, firm and un-worried ? hardly women do use such natural defences. I think Doing something mentioned has insecured results.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We do need to limit ourselves as to what is appropriate and inappropriate. That is the reason I keep repeating to contact the police department and have a female police officer do the training.

Please forgive me for getting excited.

Walking quick and firm does not help. Walk firmly. Walk with your head lowered and keep walking.

People do smell fear.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

Sisters high heels work wonders. You take that heel and dig it. A long and narrow key...see those idiots were wrong in attacking a woman because now they have sisters thinking and that should make them scared.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

i've been following this thread for a while.interesting ideas you ppl got:p!!

sis Aapa what about girls who cannot stand straight in pencil heels??

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet sister...I learned to walk in heels. If I can..believe me anyone can.
The issue here is sisters who live in the west need to protect themselves more.
For those who live in the US...we have to be constant guard. When we travel use major highways...stop at the busiest fast food place...travel early in the day..on the subways hop on a compartment that has people..make eye contact with a resonable person or two...on a bus..sit close to the driver.
Use common sense...and never never think it could not happen to me.
Women get attacked by women, too. When in public not too much showy jewerly..carry as little as you can in your pocketbooks. And if possible wear your purse across your shoulders.
Me.. I am going to act on my second amendment rights.( Just kidding, FBI, just kidding).

fada_all

salam alikum wa harmatu allah taa a wa barakatuh

i find not thing to say for hear such news ,but only la hawla wala qowata illah biallah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!