Non-Muslim to Muslim exchange of Knowledge

JenGiove

Asalaamu alaikum,

Here is the response from IslamQA.com that I just received this morning. I posed the question just before the start of the month of Hajj (to give you a reference).

I told you that I would pose it and then post their answer. I have fulfilled my promise. I no longer post here so you have no further need to be concerned regarding my participation here.

wa salaam

[FONT=&quot]Asalaamu alaikum good brothers, I participate on a Muslim forum and members frequently pose questions relating to matters of Deen. I am a non-muslim and have the time so if I see the question, I will do searches for the answers on Islamqa or on the General Presidency then post the fatwah that in my opinion directly relates to the question. There are some members who have the opinion that accepting any kind of knowledge relating to Deen from someone who has not said Shahada is wrong and there are others who are of the opinion that since I am not the one issuing the fatwah, just looking the information up and passing it along, that it is appropriate to accept the information. What do the scholars say regarding the matter of accepting knowledge obtained from an authentic Islamic site that is being passed from a supportive non-Muslim to a Muslim?[/FONT]

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for all the work you are doing but I am afraid that those who oppose what you are doing are right. Conveying Islamic knowledge should only be undertaken by Muslims.

I would also like to take this opportunity to call you to join Islam and be among the chosen ones. By now, you should have developed an honest view about Islam that would make you say comfortable that it is the perfect way of life and that the Quran is the last testament. Therefore, I urge you to consider accepting Islam. May Allah guide your heart to the right path.

--

---------------
تنبيه : هذا البريد لا يستقبل الأسئلة نرجوا إرسال الأسئلة من خلال صفحة أرسل سؤالك في الموقع

Noor El-Huda

Dear sister

I have not been here long, so unfortuatnely I am not much familiar with your posts. However, may Allah reward you for any positive effort that you have put in support of this forum. I applaud you for your honesty in posting the decision of Isalm QA. Their response and explanation do seem logical. Similarly it would seem logical if a muslim was prevented from conveying christian religious rulings to christians.

As human , whether we are Muslim/Christians/Jews, the intentions of a person are not revealed to us, so no matter how good they are, we would need to go by the rules, of what we believe to be correct. Only Allah swt knows good intentions, so it is him swt who rewards for them.

I truly hope that sometime soon, you will contribute and share your knowledge here with us as a muslim.

Best of dua, wishes and regards.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Hi Jen,

I have seen, read and observed your participation here in TTI. And I do remember about you humoring to write a letter the next second anyone asks you why you haven't convert. You have built a good relationship with some people here but there are also those opposing you. That's actually normal in real life itself.

And like the scholars said, it is a nice thing for you to try to help out but in the end of the day, seeing a non-muslim who knows about Islaam but just haven't yet say the shahada, there's nothing more we can wish for than you joining us in the faith of Islaam. Thinking about all this, it only reminds one of the story of Abu Talib and The Messenger of Allaah :saw2:

So, even if we're in different path, may you stay safe and continue to learn.

Good day.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am touched by your forthrightness.

Islam is delicate. And as it concerns all matters...both of the heart and mind and soul...it has to be such.

InshaAllah, you will write here. ( Please should you wish..I would love to have lunch with you one day...we are really close..just PM me.)

Perseveranze

Peace,

Aren't you being a bit dramatic? There's a difference between;

- Giving Islamic knowledge

and then

- Post casually on things that aren't necassarily related to Islam, such as politics and worldly views.
- Giving personal knowledge that isn't related to Islam, ie. Someone may ask something that only a girl may know best, and there would be nothing wrong with you helping out.

To not post at all is a bit over the top. Just my opinion.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

Jen I think it's okay if you still participate in general discussions, which don't relate to islamic rulings though. It's up to you.

sclavus

I thought you were a Muslima. May Allah guide you the straight path.

I invite you to get more knowledge of Islamic monotheism, theology if you will.

Peace.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

JenGiove, I hope you never took our stance as personal. We never discouraged you from participating in the site, just not to post answers to the questions Muslims had. - This is mainly due to the confusion that can come up, where people join the site and expect help from fellow Muslims. - Its also a bit inconceivable how a non-muslim who does not share in our beliefs can put forward answers to help others with something they personally do not accept.

Thank You

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
wa alaykum salam

JenGiove, I hope you never took our stance as personal. We never discouraged you from participating in the site, just not to post answers to the questions Muslims had. - This is mainly due to the confusion that can come up, where people join the site and expect help from fellow Muslims. - Its also a bit inconceivable how a non-muslim who does not share in our beliefs can put forward answers to help others with something they personally do not accept.

Thank You

That's how I felt about it. There has always been a feeling that she knows the truth about Islam and loves Islam but there's something, I don't know what it is, that keeps her from becoming a Muslim. I know she's a nice young woman and I hope that one day she will say the shahadah. One thing I am glad about though, is that she has learned that we Muslims aren't the evil people that some try to portray us as. She can at least say: I have many Muslim friends and that they truly are good people when you get to know them.

Perseveranze

That's how I felt about it. There has always been a feeling that she knows the truth about Islam and loves Islam but there's something, I don't know what it is, that keeps her from becoming a Muslim. I know she's a nice young woman and I hope that one day she will say the shahadah. One thing I am glad about though, is that she has learned that we Muslims aren't the evil people that some try to portray us as. She can at least say: I have many Muslim friends and that they truly are good people when you get to know them.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I think I know, but not sure if it's right to say. I could also be wrong, so it's best not to speak.

But I think she might've been guided to Islam if it wasn't for this certain factor.

Riham

Its also a bit inconceivable how a non-muslim who does not share in our beliefs can put forward answers to help others with something they personally do not accept.

:salam2:

If someone.... nevermind who it is.... posts a hadith or verse from the Qur'an which can be of help to a person who is seeking answers.... would that information that is given become invalid?

And why? Because the person who providing the information is not a Muslim?

Would the hadith or verse from the Qur'an become null and void because of the person giving out the information?

If we as Muslims are to take our knowledge only from Muslims.... then please clarify what you mean by "Muslims".

There are disagreements between Muslims on many topics and issues.

What sort of Muslims are we supposed to take our knowledge from then?

It would be easy if ALL Muslims had the same opinion on every matter. But the reality isn't so, is it?

Furthermore.... ALL Muslims aren't on the same level of understanding or knowledge.

All Muslims don't have the same degree of faith.

One person may be a Muslim today.... and an apostate tomorrow.

And all Muslims do not practice what they preach.

Many Muslims are ignorant.

Knowledge is knowledge. A true seeker of knowledge is he who takes his knowledge from anyone. He doesn't consider WHO is saying it. He considers WHAT is being said. If it's good, he accepts it. If not, he ignores it.

That's how we as Muslims are supposed to be.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The premise is simple. We take knowledge from those that profess the same as we. There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is His Messenger.

That is it.

I have my soul to nurture. I can not and will not, InshaAllah, take any knowledge about my faith from anyone who does not believe.

We are instructed to heed the Quran and the Sunna. We are told to take further instruction from the scholars.

It is not that any hadeeth or Sura would be null or void. They are greater than the individual. Those who quote do not understand the meaning of the Sura or hadeeth. If they did they would have submitted to the Creator. The words are so powerful, even those who do not Believe feel better listening to the Words of Allah and His Prophet.

Only Allah subhana talla knows the contents of our hearts. We, Muslims, have to be of the same heart. We know the consequences of our actions.

Would you really take knowledge from one who denies the One Who Is Knowledge. Do you see what you are proposing.

I Fear Allah..and I seek Allah. I seek His Light. I am sorry sister, but, I ain't letting anything that does not submit to Allah tell me anything about Loving Him.

Are we not told to

a_stranger

I think this message is like an alarm for us ( muslems ): words are not enough we must have a true sincere faith in what we teach , may Allah help us all including our sister Jen to be as we should be. Islam is not just words.

bari

Sister, take pride in worshiping Allah. Nothing is valuable in this earth except worship and rememberance of Allah. May Allah swt enlighten your heart with truth.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Off topic......What does he signature say?

"تنبيه : هذا البريد لا يستقبل الأسئلة نرجوا إرسال الأسئلة من خلال صفحة أرسل سؤالك في الموقع "

I do not understand.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Off topic......What does he signature say?

"تنبيه : هذا البريد لا يستقبل الأسئلة نرجوا إرسال الأسئلة من خلال صفحة أرسل سؤالك في الموقع "

I do not understand.

I understood parts, but not the rest, and that is what Google translate is for lol, which says it means:

CAUTION: This e-mail does not receive questions please send questions through the page sent your question on the site

All cleared up. Although why they would put it in Arabic? I have no idea.

wasalaam