Osama bin Laden is dead, says US

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I read just a bit ago that Pakistan Intelligence was there right with the US. So if that is the case, Pakistan was in on it too. From CNN: "Members of Pakistan's intelligence service, the ISI, were on site in Abbottabad during the operation, a senior Pakistani intelligence official said."

Yeah, they were in on it. But one thing to note is that the people of Pakistan are completely against foreign military operation in their country. So this is going to bring up a myriad of emotion over there, in addition to the fact that this man WAS in Pakistan, the fact that they already distrust their own government and that they feel like they're puppets for the west. There are pro and anti factions for Osama bin Laden and combine that with an unstable government...you've got full fledged anarchy.

Allah help them.

Apparently Bin Laden was in Pakistan, in a city of plain sight.

SubhanAllah the reward of finding him is $5,000,000 and nobody snitched on him till now?

First of all...it was $25,000,000.

Secondly, you have to understand that America's enemy is not the enemy of every single individual on earth. What our media says is not necessarily what other media outlets say. Along with enemies, this man had ALOT of sympathizers and supporters all over the world. Why? Because some actually believed him to be the "lone hero" against the tyrannical west. He claimed to be an avenger for fallen Muslims who were victims of the attacks carried out by western forces. And so, those who may not have enough knowledge and are in predicaments where they're oppressed, do in fact see him as a savior who was fighting for "true freedom". And when it comes to freedom, you can't put a price on that and so $25 mil was nothing for them to pass up.

As a result, it came as no surprise to me that no one turned him in over there. And that's precisely why he was there. Combined with the hazardous and impossible-to-traverse terrain, that part of Pakistan is mainly tribal and does not pledge its allegiance to any government, including that of Pakistan's. They weren't looking to answer to anyone and did indeed have grievances against the west. So they definitely would not have an issue protecting him.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a hoax? I mean Obama numbers are down then his re election campaign is under way and boom
Bin Laden is dead?

I also noted that the timing was interesting. Obama's ratings were at an all-time low, he was about to be eaten for breakfast by the Republicans who were getting ready to rise up against him in the next elections, his popularity was shot to hell.

All of a sudden, I now see him winning almost unanimously.

Wallahu alim I have no idea but I just think the timing is a bit off...

10:46am
After bin Laden was killed, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said.

This makes no sense. How is it Islamic to bury someone at sea? Ok, it is Islamic for a quick and speedy burial. However, the fact that the US considered Islamic practice and tradition for their Most Wanted Man in the world is seriously doubtful. I don't see this happening and figured they would have kept his body around as a pinata....

Additionally, why would they want to give a religious burial to someone who supposedly went against any God-given law/command? Yes, he identified as Muslim but why give the man's personal preferences any consideration when he supposedly violated you so badly?

Saddam's body and execution were shown time and time again. I don't understand why they didn't even bother to show Osama's body when he was more wanted then Saddam was...

Did I just read someone say that they were going after Bin Laden before 9/11?

This is because they discovered that he was behind the 1993 attack on the WTC and so, he was on their lists from then on.

Honestly, I think the man died a long time ago and now suddenly, the US government thinks now would be a good time for a revival of patriotism as well as to show that they are the kings of the world and so, Osama's death is NOW on the front page. Oh and Obama's got his second term as well.

His body might have been proof for otherwise but oh wait, they dumped that in the sea "according to Islamic tradition."

Again, I literally have no feelings when it comes to this situation. I have no idea who this individual was, who told the truth, who lied. I just hope the hostilities amongst Muslims die down because this "War on Terror" needs to end.

You got your guy. Now end your war.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Again, I literally have no feelings when it comes to this situation. I have no idea who this individual was, who told the truth, who lied. I just hope the hostilities amongst Muslims die down because this "War on Terror" needs to end.

I second that.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

ShahnazZ said:
As a result, it came as no surprise to me that no one turned him in over there. And that's precisely why he was there. Combined with the hazardous and impossible-to-traverse terrain, that part of Pakistan is mainly tribal and does not pledge its allegiance to any government, including that of Pakistan's. They weren't looking to answer to anyone and did indeed have grievances against the west. So they definitely would not have an issue protecting him.

Abbottabad isn't (entirely) impossible to traverse terrain, (its even got some Tourist attractions believe it or not!), its the NWFP but its not north enough to be like you've described. The whole NWFP has a rep for being a bit wild. Abbottabad has a heavy military presence and they have the ground covered, naturally. Apparently he was less then a km away from a massive military compound? These areas are easily accessible to the Pakistani Military at least, for obvious reasons.

This raises an uncomfortable question for Pakistan, without a doubt.

ShahnazZ said:
I just hope the hostilities amongst Muslims die down because this "War on Terror" needs to end.

Not going to happen, in fact this probably means the start of something else esp. for Pakistan.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
When the news "jumped" in Italy,the worries of Roberto Maroni and berlusconi were those of the increasing of terrorism in Italy,due to the fact that since Libya is on war,many immigrants have been coming on italian territory and now it has been generated the general panic.yes,Bin Laden is dead,but his companions will revenge his death

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I heard he was dead in 2002 - and the fact that we have no pictures no proof, and his socalled "body" was quickly disposed off into the sea confirms the belief that all of this is just a made up story. The question is - why now? Just to boost up Obama's ratings and get him reelected? To step up security even more, to continue the war and boost morale of the troops?

I find it sickening how Obama said "Our war is not against muslims or Islam." It's something like this:

Soldier 1: *Fires bullets at innocent muslims*
Soldier 2: *Drops bombs on innocent muslim civilians*
and so on.... And still they turn around and have the nerve to say:

"Our war is not against muslims and Islam."

Just be careful because they'll plan something horrendous now. Maybe another false flag like 9/11?

auroran

Someone told us today that 'Usaama died from kidney failure during 9/11 (he was seventy at the time) and they made it up so that the US dollar would go up because the Americans would spend more money, feeling safer, for example, flying. This is according to that person. I don't even know if he's good or bad, please clarify for me. Also I find it weird how Bush killed him five times, and Obama once, three more lives to go.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

I heard he was dead in 2002 - and the fact that we have no pictures no proof, and his socalled "body" was quickly disposed off into the sea confirms the belief that all of this is just a made up story. The question is - why now? Just to boost up Obama's ratings and get him reelected? To step up security even more, to continue the war and boost morale of the troops?

I find it sickening how Obama said "Our war is not against muslims or Islam." It's something like this:

Soldier 1: *Fires bullets at innocent muslims*
Soldier 2: *Drops bombs on innocent muslim civilians*
and so on.... And still they turn around and have the nerve to say:

"Our war is not against muslims and Islam."

Just be careful because they'll plan something horrendous now. Maybe another false flag like 9/11?

Assalamu`alaykum

Obamas rating were going down and they already said the US markets would open on high on this news so a boost to economy. It also makes sure that all the tax payers money weren't wasted.

Well wait for a blast somewhere and it would be termed retaliating attack then they would say the war on terror goes on it doesn't end with Osama.
The operation in Pakistan also proves what US has been trying to say over the years that Pakistan was harboring terrorists and it was a terrorist state.
It also proves Pakistan's military is incapable of combating terror and US made is clear it can enter any country and kill anyone so heck with the sovereignty. I wonder this is also to justify all the drone attacks and killing like they say in War its hard to avoid casualties.

I am sure they are finding a look alike body and also a Adobe expert to do the impeccable job. BBC reported the Navy Seals in the operation said Osama refused to surrender and a woman shielded him he was like a coward hiding behind a woman...lol

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

I was just checking Google Maps - NWFP out of curiosity (Edit: I wasnt looking for the compound) and 'Osama Bin Ladens Hideout Compound' has already been clearly marked on there! Just in case anyone had any doubts about the truth of it all you know? Google Maps is here to save the day. Hard core proof. (sarcasm)

Do they think the more number of places they verify this, it makes the story all the more believable? Probably does actually, but it comes off a tad desperate to me.

How many people will bother looking up Abbotabad on Google Maps? (I thought I was weird?).

samiha

---------
Staff member

wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

No sis, you know what's really sickening? Is when our 'Muslim' organizations in the country repeat this statement. From CAIR to ISNA, ICNA you name it. Political drivel no doubt and it protects their right to exist but I mean seriously now? To praise America, to praise the soldiers, to thank them for getting rid of the 'terrorist', to leave out 'alleged', and finally again use the 9/11 guilt trip to justify a death and simply proffer sympathy to hundreds of thousands of murders and incarcerations of Muslims and call it 'justice'?

Now that is sickening. It's all fine and good to be American, but certain lines have to be drawn. Analysts, lawyers, many people born and bred here, not aligned to Islaam or Muslims can see through the lie that is this 'war on terror' and yet to have these organizations cheer and celebrate with the rest of an ignorant majority? It's disheartening beyond anything.

America gets bombed and it's terrorism and they start a war on terror.

America bombs others and it's giving freedom and spreading peace.

A person who had little influence on Americans except past allegations dies, and many Americans cheer, and this is justice.

If any American dies in a similar manner for similar real and documented crimes, and other countrymen cheer it's what? Hatred?

Hypocritical much?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
They also showed the images of the compound from 2004 (prior to construction) to current

osama-compound-2004-vs-2011-640px.jpg

Its been said they were monitoring the compound for a long time and also the whole operation was also mocked by the Navy Seals. The planning was happening since a year so I wonder why didn't wikileaks know this about the plan?

That techie who tweeted while the operation was going on is now on a high the whole world is calling him

Obama killed Osama and throwed him into the sea to make it fishy. Obama: The world is much safer without Bin Laden. Really I thought it would be safer without Shaytaan

Al Arabiya: US Official Source: New Bin Laden tape recorded just before his death is expected to be broadcast soon

CNN: President Obama watched the operation in Attotabad live from Washington with his security advisors. Live black ops awesome

Aroosak

They also showed the images of the compound from 2004 (prior to construction) to current

osama-compound-2004-vs-2011-640px.jpg

Obama killed Osama and throwed him into the sea to make it fishy. Obama: The world is much safer without Bin Laden. Really I thought it would be safer without Shaytaan

LOL.... apparently the military is getting their tactics from the jersey Mafia... but the truth will always surface
Allah t'ala is the All Knowing All Hearing and this all will be shown and the liars will be the ones being mocked at ... inshAllah

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Abbottabad isn't (entirely) impossible to traverse terrain, (its even got some Tourist attractions believe it or not!), its the NWFP but its not north enough to be like you've described. The whole NWFP has a rep for being a bit wild.

Oh I didn't mean Abbottabad. That was the latest "Bin Laden hideout" added to the list but I meant the NWFP, which was where he was always presumed to be. It's definitely hazardous terrain. Abbottabad's more of a city.

I'm glad he's gone. but I hope they won't go after Pakistan now...

Oh they'll definitely go after Pakistan now. America's number one enemy was supposedly hiding out there in plain sight and wasn't apprehended. The prevailing sentiments now are that Pakistan is chock-full of terrorists and Al-Qaida and so the only way to "save the world" is to naturally invade and attack. Coincidentally this will most likely lead to the disarmament of the only Muslim nuclear power in the world, believed to be "unstable" by western powers and susceptible to being overrun by terrorists.

And the war on terror continues.

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala save them. Without a doubt, they're next.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Reuters: Pakistan President Zardari says in opinion column that Pakistan was not involved in operation to kill bin Laden. Zardari says bin Laden was "not anywhere we had anticipated"

I wonder if they stop the military aid to Pakistan now. Now they would say Pakistan isnt doing enough so its time we should takeover. The video that has been doing the rounds showing inside the house doesn't have any guns or bullets only blood on floor so where did the firefight take place there a couple of shirts also in the closet probably Osama used to wear them[

You killed your terrorist when will you kill our terrorist George Butcher Bush.

A-believer-25

I do not like the fact that they threw his body in the ocean. I think his body should have been handed over to his family and been given a proper Islamic funeral. As Muslims, we are supposed to give a proper funeral to the dead Muslim, no matter how sinful he or she may have been. I mean yeah what Bin Laden did was horrible, he not only killed non Muslims but he killed lots of Muslims. but still. no matter how sinful one has been, as long as they died a Muslim we are supposed to give the dead Muslim a more proper funeral...

Speaking of which, I am confused. Was bin Laden killed last week or was he killed on Sunday? Obama's statement confused me when he said "last week".

May Allah forgive the sins of all Muslims, ameen.

May Allah guide us all, ameen!

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Look at this: The world's so called most advanced military had to go on a Muslim killing rampage for over 10 years to find one man and kill him. And not to mention those BRAVE soldiers who fight from behind thick vests and tank armors and not to forget the close air support vs some old toyota trucks fitted with machine guns, some thin bearded guys with rpgs and $15 guns. Amazing bravery, supermans. (If they had really killed him, which I have seriously doubt on)

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

No sis, you know what's really sickening? Is when our 'Muslim' organizations in the country repeat this statement. From CAIR to ISNA, ICNA you name it. Political drivel no doubt and it protects their right to exist but I mean seriously now? To praise America, to praise the soldiers, to thank them for getting rid of the 'terrorist', to leave out 'alleged', and finally again use the 9/11 guilt trip to justify a death and simply proffer sympathy to hundreds of thousands of murders and incarcerations of Muslims and call it 'justice'?

Now that is sickening. It's all fine and good to be American, but certain lines have to be drawn. Analysts, lawyers, many people born and bred here, not aligned to Islaam or Muslims can see through the lie that is this 'war on terror' and yet to have these organizations cheer and celebrate with the rest of an ignorant majority? It's disheartening beyond anything.

America gets bombed and it's terrorism and they start a war on terror.

America bombs others and it's giving freedom and spreading peace.

A person who had little influence on Americans except past allegations dies, and many Americans cheer, and this is justice.

If any American dies in a similar manner for similar real and documented crimes, and other countrymen cheer it's what? Hatred?

Hypocritical much?

Amazing sister, this reminds me of the time of Salah-ad-din Al Ayoubi, when he waged war against the crusaders and when the crusaders were coming with great numbers and armory, many scholars fled from the battle field and issuing fatwas against Salah-ad-din, saying silly things like "He is not even an arab and he did not consult us before going into this. He is a mad man". And look how Salah-ad-din Ayouby was made victorious over them by Allah سبحانه وتعالى. SubhanAllah! These are not new sister, this is the sunnah of being on Haqq. Anybody who is on Haqq, is opposed, betrayed and what not.

And plus I have this to say for these organisations which is a summary of a hadith "The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said a good muslim should either speak good or remain silent". They should seriously shut their mouth if they can not speak haqq.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
1.2 million people have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 10 years (different estimates have it at more than that). 6000 dying on that day does not justify everything that has been done by the right-wing war-crazy nuts in the USA.

If Bin Laden is a terrorist for killing 6000 people, and he is, then the USA government is 2000 times the terrorist for the 1.2 million people they killed, and 2000 times the hypocrite for claiming moral superiority.

"An eye for an makes the whole world blind"? It'd be nice if you had used that quote in October 2001 when the USA was gearing up to go to war in Afghanistan. They weren't so forgiving then. At that moment, it didn't matter, bombing and killing someone was important.

I did, but you weren't around to hear me say it, were you? Nice to assume that I'm so one-dimensional isn't it?

Oh ok, that's good. I guess neither of us were on TTI then. So, you're not really celebrating OBL's death then, because as you quoted, "an eye for an an eye makes the whole world blind"?

On a side note, I need to make a correction to my last post. I wrote that 6000 people died in 9/11, when the actual number is about 3000 people. And so, that makes the USA goverment 4000 times a-worse-terrorist for the 1.2 million civilians it killed, and 4000 times the hypocrite.

Anyways, now that the mission's been completed, I hope there is more peace and stability around the world. The US will be exiting Afghanistan and Iraq any time now, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.