Please don't judge me - my long story

megatron5228

more advice

I dont think you should be concerned about your past. I have met converts who have dealt or did drugs, killed people, been in jail, took part *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!, etc...

Nonetheless, these people took Islam so seriously after their past time and it completely changed their life. They incorporated it into anything and everything of their daily lives and have come so far. I feel like this can be you and it will be you insha'Allah.

What I am trying to say is that you can go a long way and win the respect of the Muslim community, no matter where you are. Some of these converts that I have met have done that.

I feel like since you inspired everyone in this thread, I think you should tell this story in front a big crowd, in person. It may not be easy, but I really think you can make Muslims, relgiious and not so religious, to be inspired. You can make a name of yourself as a Muslim.

I also agree with you that you should reveal your past/sins. If you feel like you should not hide it, then you should not. It is like you said, this is who you were for a majority of your life, let alone it is what you lead you to converting to Islam. However, this your decision by the end of the day, you do what is best.

Alhumdilliah! You are awesome.

Sisterhood

Just a sister
This is not "revealing sins", excuse me!! He was not even muslim at that time and Allah is not even going TO lOOK at those "sins" because it all happened before Islam.The sahabah had sins before they accepted Islam, Umar radiya Allahu anahu buried his daughter, she was wiping the sand off his face while he was digging to bury her. How did we know he did that? He himself "exposed his sin", So did the sahabah shout astagfruallah when he exposed his sin????

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this stupid comment.

Brother Daniel,have you considered moving out maybe to a muslim land?

arzafar

I would like to thank everyone for their kind and loving replies. It has really bolstered me when I needed it. Granted, there were one or two not quite so supportive results of this post (I received one PM that was so nasty I had to block the person).

My concern was the type of reply I got about the 3rd or so page, when I got the predictable "You don't discuss your past sins...!" reply that I was dreading. For me, I don't consider this discussing "past sins". This is me discussing my story.

If a man committed a crime and spent 20 years in prison for it, is he suppose to ignore those 20 years and pretend they didn't happen just for the sake of "not discussing" past sins? He's in his mid 40s and meets a woman he wishes to marry, shouldn't he disclose the fact? What if she asks him why he's never been married before (and yes, I've been asked that)? What if they get married and they're sitting to dinner at his parents' house and someone mentions "During your second year in prison..." If his wife didn't know, then that wouldn't be a nice way of finding out!

I was in a prison of my own making - with some assitance from the media and society - but its my story, and part of the path that brought me here. I won't deny it, but I won't wear it on my sleeve. It IS part of my past. Like being raised Catholic.

At any rate.. thank you all for your kind words and support. May Allah reward you all greatly.

JazakAllah Khairn
D.

brother one thing i would like to say is that you should not marry a woman unless you can fulfill her needs, i mean emotional and physical needs. if you cant satisfy her, then i think it would be better that you dont marry at all. however, if you can love her just for the sake of Allah than you could consider marriage.

May Allah help you. Ameen!

DanyalSAC

I feel like since you inspired everyone in this thread, I think you should tell this story in front a big crowd, in person. It may not be easy, but I really think you can make Muslims, relgiious and not so religious, to be inspired. You can make a name of yourself as a Muslim.

Thank you for your kind words. I was actually asked to address the masjid as a revert during the 10 minute pause during Taraweh prayer this past Ramadan and describe my path to Islam. Our masjid and Ummah is fairly large for this area, it would've been heard by about 400 people. I had actually considered revealing ALL of this to them, but I felt that it would've alienated me from much of the community. The speech never took place though.

I have, but its not as easy as it seems. Besides, I think I can reach more here in the US as a revert. Moving to a Muslim land would seem to me to be like "preaching to the choir" as it were, or reaching out to the converted. I would love to bring more to Islam! :)

brother one thing i would like to say is that you should not marry a woman unless you can fulfill her needs, i mean emotional and physical needs. if you cant satisfy her, then i think it would be better that you dont marry at all. however, if you can love her just for the sake of Allah than you could consider marriage.

May Allah help you. Ameen!

Thank you, and I agree with you 100%. The Muslim councilor I discussed this issue with also suggested that. However I have placed myself and my trust in Allah and will go where He leads me:)

nblueblaze

A Brother
Salaam,

Your story is facinating, you are a lucky person...not every person is lucky enough to be Guided by Allah towards the correct path...!

Best wishes!

Jazak-Allahu Khairun.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I just read this, may Allah make things easier for you brother Danyal.

Thanks for sharing,

I am glad that you have now found Islam and are happy, and inshaAllah things will get even better for you, im sure.

Dont give up hope. inshaAllah you will be Ok, as long as you take your time and do things according to the Quran and Sunnah.

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

rightpath_357

This is not "revealing sins", excuse me!! He was not even muslim at that time and Allah is not even going TO lOOK at those "sins" because it all happened before Islam.The sahabah had sins before they accepted Islam, Umar radiya Allahu anahu buried his daughter, she was wiping the sand off his face while he was digging to bury her. How did we know he did that? He himself "exposed his sin", So did the sahabah shout astagfruallah when he exposed his sin????

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this stupid comment.

WOW! Sis u are AMAZING!!!!!!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Have you ever considered being a lawyer???!!!!
I hope I can be more like you!!!:muslim_child::shymuslima1:
:ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma:

Aw- and about Umar and his daughter-:( that is very sad! but :ma: Umar was guided onto the right path and was one of the firmest beleivers of Islam.:shake:

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
WOW! Sis u are AMAZING!!!!!!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Have you ever considered being a lawyer???!!!!
I hope I can be more like you!!!:muslim_child::shymuslima1:
:ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma:

Aw- and about Umar and his daughter-:( that is very sad! but :ma: Umar was guided onto the right path and was one of the firmest beleivers of Islam.:shake:

And one of the finest and most upright rulers of time.

a_stranger

:salam2:brother

I think that Allah subhanahu wa Taaalla gives us lessons through our life that make Islam(and Quran) so bright and shinny in our hearts. Your story is a very clear lesson for all that rejecting this pure message can bring humanity to ruin . The Sahaba felt the beauty of Islam most Why? because they tested kufer and darkness of hearts then by the mercy of Allah subhanahu wa Taalla the prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam was sent to take them out of darkness to light.Be sure that Allah subhanahu wa taalla wants all the good for you. I think that your faith in Allah subhanahu wa Taaala can give you more strength and firmness to pass all kinds of trials.

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

nawaaz1

Wasalaam my dear brother my heart feels for you I will make dua for you.... but remember we will be tested everyday of our life the devil wants to take as much. People with him so you fight the devil and let him know you are for Allah

muhammad sabri

Mat the peace of Allah be upon you brother,

i'll keep it short: 1)I AM PROUD OF HAVING YOU, A REAL MAN AND A REAL HUMAN, AS MY BROTHER :) and 2) i've made du'a..and i know that inch'Allah it will be answered and you'll be very satisfied and content with this du'a ;) let's call it a surprise du'a eheh! ICNH'ALLAH

and Peace again!