please give me and us your openion...

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

MashaAllah, Sister Nouf a good reply.
I totally agree with you "CULTURE for a Muslim really means Islam"

I pray that Allah s.w.t find you a good, pious Muslim husband.
May Allah s.w.t strenghten our Iman and guide us to the straight path.
Ameen.

Wasalam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Culture for a muslim means Islam.

If you live in a non-Muslim country, the culture and climate of the country is far different than Islamic outlooks. It has a way of seeping into your life. If you marry a person raised in a non-Mulsim culture..there are many elements that are hard to get rid off.
We have to be careful. We are generalizing once again. I am not going to cite specific examples but read the sociology texts and they discuss assimilation and acculturation. It is a known fact that it takes at least 11 years before a person from one culture can become comfortable in another. Culture shock is part of the syllabus of ESL classes.
I have taught ESL classes to professionals, physicians, lawyers, dentists, etc. The content of the course was how to deal with culture shock.
Do not underestimate the price a person pays to live in/ become part of another culture.
Additionally, what about the variations in Islam due to the large geographical and cultural differences. Please reply as I welcome it.

justoneofmillion

assaqlam, here is a good american brother you have to know that muslims living in the west are generaly more commited and serious about thier religion and apply it by the letter alhamdulillah . take away that liberal immagination from your head muslims are muslims first whatever we may come from, you can not guide us by the nose or fool us ...we know exactly what we want as we reject any innovation or compremise with western society because we know it too well to concider it a free and heavenly crib i think a sufi would fit there..loljust kidding ....and Allah swt knows best

here is a good bro ther for you mashallah if you looking for this kind of muslim american than allhamdulillah i would send you the beef.......lol

[yt]lWbyj9SsIsw[/yt]

mashallah mirajmom i think you are the only one who is really seeing the bigger picture here and not just posting the first words that come to your mind thank you for your intelligence,accuracy and wisdom Islam is not just a religion that is too restrictiv it is a system, a legislation that encounters the needs of any circumstances and involvement in world affairs..i believe you would get any man to tell you one thing"take whatever you want without asking just be happy even my life if you want ......"thank you for inspiring and teaching this younger brother of yours am speechless!

saifullah30

Why not sure

Assalamailaykum

Sister you have a full right to marry a person of your choice provided he is a muslim.

Remember even at the time of Nikah a lady is always asked by the elders about her willingness to accept a man as her husband

you have full choice to marry some one.

however unfortunately the Saudi culture is extremelly tribal and medival hence you might face severe criticism from within your family, this is what you can tackle

but most of all try to find a reason of your intention to marry some one from USA /Europe. is it because of culture, democracy or something else, you can yourself only answer this

have faith in allah, and inshallah you will have peace, remember what ever happens, happens for the betterment, Allah will never hurt his followers and those who love him

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother, I am simply old enough to write out my thoughts. If my writings make sense Praise be to Allah. They come from the heart.

To the last resondent:
By what measure do you attack Saudi culture? Is our Beloved Prophet (swas) not from that culture? Is not the language of Allah, Arabic, from that culture? Is not the world's most beautiful poetry from the land of the Saudi's.
Are not the two holiest places in the world in the land of the Saudi's?
Please defend your statement. That is the land that our Prophet (swas) lived in and from his culture we have the path. Please defend your statement.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

What is all the Hoohaa about???

Everyone has their own choice, and can marry anyone they want. If someone wants marry English, American, Nigerian.. it is their choice.

As Muslims our first priority is marry someone for their Deen, family etc. However, this doesnt mean person can not have other preferences.

I think that people must calm down and try to think in less extreme ways.

It is true, that in some society the families object to girls or boys marrying from outside their country, city or even from outside their family circle..... However, there are always exceptions and some families are not as strict as others.

I think it is very unfair for people to be advising someone and telling them about their own culture with little to know knowledge! Just because you see something on TV or hear gossip about "repressive saudi culture" does not mean it is true.

InshaAllah, if her family is agreeing to it there wont be problems. And she can go to the local Qadhi or imam and inshaAllah they can help explain situation to the parents.

However, it is important that marriage is done with the permission of the Wali. The Prophet Muhammad :saw: said many times that without the Wali (guardian of the girl) there is no marriage. -- so as long as this point is taken into consideration and all other points to do with having halal and successful marriage, it is all good and halal.

One more point is, that we must remember that some people are bought up in totally different way, they might expect you to behave in some ways that is not how you are-- It really depends on the people involved, sometimes there is little to no conflict or the couple are fine together.. sometimes, there is a big difference and clash.

Nobody should ever rush into marriage.

We should make dua for the sister and for all Muslim that we have good and successful lives. Ameen.

Wasalam.

najbc

Assalamu alaykum,

I see your point sister, there really is nothing that is wrong with marrying someone from other or race than you, I find that really inspiring and amazing. Go with your heart my dear sister, when you follow your there is nothing stopping you. Find the right brother and going from there. Listen to your heart. I will pray for you to find the most suitable brother.

:tti_sister:

Oem Soufiane

other countries?!

other cultures?!

let's think about this, one world, one ummah, one islam, one Allah, one perfect way of life,
there is no difference in islam, there is only one islam, if you mix it with culture, you are adding to islam and that is bidaah. live like our prophet saws did, and marry someone else who does the same.

subhanallah!

Nouf

Salaam,

Sisters and Brothers,

The young sister is innocent. She has not had the life experiences that make a person cautious.
She makes a statement that American men treat their women better. I work with abused women and chidlren. I work with the aftermath of drug abuse. I work with the men who for generations have been so frustarted by life that they sleep with their daughters, beat their wives, beat their mothers, and go in out of jail.
Yes, American men treat their women better. Women have to go out and work and pay bills, clean house, raise children and be a wife. The number of extramaritial relationships is scary. Women have to deal with the children of the affairs.
Yes, American men threat their women better..look at the number of deadbeat dads..no child support..the man is treating the next girlfriend with all his money!!!
American men expect the woman to go out and earn the bacon, come home and fry the bacon, clean the kitchen, and let the man go out with his buddies because why should he take sand to the beach...let him enjoy the sights of the beauties at the beach when the wife is at home putting the chidren to bed.
At the worksite, women are still subjected to sexual harrassment. Subtle, so sublte, but it is there. That would make a great topic.

The sister asked for opinions. She had her mind made up. I pray she finds what she is seeking.

And sister, I am not unhappy. My Muslim brothers have upheld me and prayed for me in a way that makes me weep with joy. Their love has brought me closer to Allah. We, Muslim women, need to uphold our Muslim brothers and raise their self-esteem. They are the ones who are bearing the brunt of oppression. They are the ones who are walking on the razors edge...for the right to hold the banner of Islam. Our brothers are waking up the ummah. As permitted by the Prophet, I will clap my hands at the masjid and say Allah Akbur.

thank you so much for your concern and your advices .. giving me your openion in a real genuin way .. means the world to me ..

i said, that the americans treat their women better .. but i didn't really want to marry an american guy .. i want to marry a MUSLIM-AMERICAN GUY..
someone who fears the all mighty ALLAH with every he does and everything he'll do ..
someone who fears ALLAH so then he won't beat me up or my daughters or his own mother .. someone who won't do what the non-american does ..
cause when you are a muslim that means YOU have to do what islam is telling you to do ..

that's why i said a MUSLIM AMERICAN ..

thanx again for your openion ..
much love ..
Nouf ..

Fahad_Agus

I dont think marrying to a non-muslim is wrong at all. sister i understand your situation because im from kuwait in these days from what ive seen and experienced religion is becoming a culture and people status thing in the middle-east and i think thats wrong because it divides people up. so if you intention is to get married to fullfil the other half of your deen then it doesnt matter who is the person because Allah is great and islam is againts racisim.

im sooooo sorry about the "non-muslim" i meant is "non-arab"

Aapa

Mirajmom
Sister,

May Allah fill your life with a good pious Muslim husband and lots of little Muslims running around.

You are so young and full of life and vigor. Enjoy.

And sister InshaAllah , Allah will grant me a good pious Muslim husband to enjoy this segment of my life...

Nouf

:salam2:

thank you so much for your replies ..
you are a real brothers and sisters ..

and Oem Sufian .. you are abslutely RIGHT .. you said what should've been said from the begening ..

THANK YOU THE MOST FOR YOU PRAYINGS AND DUA FOR ME ..
i'm really proud to be considered one from this website ..

Mabsoot .. Thank you so much for your words and for your openion .

Thank YOU to each and every one of you ..

with best of luck ..
Nouf ..

justoneofmillion

thank you so much for your concern and your advices .. giving me your openion in a real genuin way .. means the world to me ..

i said, that the americans treat their women better .. but i didn't really want to marry an american guy .. i want to marry a MUSLIM-AMERICAN GUY..
someone who fears the all mighty ALLAH with every he does and everything he'll do ..
someone who fears ALLAH so then he won't beat me up or my daughters or his own mother .. someone who won't do what the non-american does ..
cause when you are a muslim that means YOU have to do what islam is telling you to do ..

that's why i said a MUSLIM AMERICAN ..

thanx again for your openion ..
much love ..
Nouf ..
assalam lol...are you serious !well it seems to me you are talking like kinda me RED man you White man well known dialogue ME from Saudi Arabia you from America!! sister there are other countries you are splitting the world in two ...lol because may be it is all you have been exposed to i guess there in the golf(the land of rassouloullah S.A.W) what abt the nigerian,the german,indian,zoulou,swedish,latin,chinese,libanese muslim you forgot a whole....etc arc en ciel there (rainbow)am sure there must be some of them that would fear Allah swt enough as they should not to beat their wives and,mothers ...etc first of all love is a big word ....especially nowdays in summer with all this global warming going abt the wars...the torture the jails..... etc second when you failed to emphasise muslim american brothers and american guys in your writing that was kind of boosting some testosterone over here.... because some have died and are dying to serve this ummah in your region and not we who are chilling here in the west ..and i think they deserve much more respect.....please learn to be more sensitive next time.....lol(no offence) alhamdulillah may allah swt releave your anxiety and grant you the most pious ,kind husband and everything you wish in this life and the hereafter.

ps. do not ask me why i know it is crazy but i think you are doing a great job in promoting polygamy i know it is nuts but that is how some may have felt:SMILY303:

Allahu akbar
wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

For all pious Muslims men there are millions of Muslim women and good women who will revert to Islam to take care of them.
You have raised many issues which need not be addressed here. What does concern me is the fact that most non-Americans see America as a white country and do not understand that when the sister stated she wanted to marry a pious American Muslim, this would include: Balcks, Latinos, Chinese, Koreans, Chianos, Hispanics, Pakistanis ( had to get that in ), Indians, Germans, people of Middle Eastern ancestory, Men of the Tribal Nations, etc, etc, etc. There is a taco salad.
People need to understand American man is an inclusive term.