Please Help Me Answer My Christian's Wife's Questions.

BigAk

salam alaikum,

I don't think Deedat is saying that. I think his main point is there was no witness there to see him on the cross and there is no proof he died on the cross or was even there in the first place. all the accounts of the crucifixion differ and contradict each other in some ways, which should, to a logical person, cast doubts on how reliable the story is.

I come from a Christian background, and for me what convinced me the Bible wasn't the truth wasn't someone sitting down and disproving verses, but rather looking at the history of the Bible and early Christianity and how it came to be in its current form. I don't know how someone could know how the Bible was compiled and still believe that it's all true and reliable. Once I learned that it became impossible for me to take anything from the Bible seriously. Especially the crucifixion. Maybe you could go that route if all else fails?

Thank you kayleigh for your attention to my cause.

It seems like my wife relies on King James version of the bible. She said Peter was with him the whole time.

"And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants" Mark 14:54

I hope you guys will not get frustrated with me. It's my wife that I'm having to battle on this with.

tarannumsamir

WAS CHRIST CRUCIFIED ?

JESUS (PBUH) SAID, "THE DAY THAT I DIE", not "THE DAY THAT I DIED"
It is mentioned in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verse 33
"So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the Day that I shall be raised up to life (again)".
[Al-Qur'ân 19:33]

The Qur'ân mentions that Jesus (pbuh) said "Peace is on me the Day I was born, the day that I die". "It is not stated the day that I died". It is in the future tense and not in the past tense.

JESUS (PBUH) WAS RAISED UP ALIVE
The Qur'ân further says in Surah Nisa, Chapter 4 verse 157-158:
"That they said (in boast), ‘We killed Jesus Christ the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah’ But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is exalted in Power, Wise."
[Al-Qur'ân 4:157-158]
by dr.zakir.naik.

BigAk

salam alaikum,

I come from a Christian background, and for me what convinced me the Bible wasn't the truth wasn't someone sitting down and disproving verses, but rather looking at the history of the Bible and early Christianity and how it came to be in its current form. I don't know how someone could know how the Bible was compiled and still believe that it's all true and reliable. Once I learned that it became impossible for me to take anything from the Bible seriously. Especially the crucifixion. Maybe you could go that route if all else fails?

kayleigh... I do realize that the route you mentioned is probably far better to take. But, I have no experience or knowledge in showing her how the bible has come to be in its current form. All I know is that someone has distroyed the original scripture and the current bible is compilation of the work of various authors including Paul that took place 300 years after the departure of Jesus.

When I mentioned this to my wife, she hit me with the questions:

1) "Who wrote the Qur'an?"
My answer of course; it was revealed to the prophet Muhammad (PBU) through the angel Jibrael (sp?) Muhammad did not write it as he was illiterate man. He memorized it and made his followers memorize it.

2) "When was it finally written?"
I could not answer this one; as I really don't know.

3) "Where those who wrote it "men"?"
My answer was Yes they were.

4) "Do these me not forget or are they immuned to forgetting?"
I was stummped on this one..

She was trying to demonstrate to me that just like the bible was finally written by men; so was the Qur'an..

My only line of defense to her is that there are no two versions of the Qur'an. There's only one version. Therefore, it does not differ from another copy of the Qur'an such as the case in the bible. That apparently was not enough. I have already been stummped on question number 4.

As you guys see. I am not equipped enough to tackle her questions.

I need your help brothers and sisters.

m.r.sidiqui

Praise to Allah SWT

:salam2::bismillah1:Dear Brother i can feel your desperation in which situation you are in.Well i will sugest you that when ever you you want or start talking with you wife regarding Islam first make wudu and make dua to Allah SWT if you can.Because with HIS SWT help no body in this world can change his or her mind.I have read things you have written regarding you less knowledge on Islam, thats really not a problem.What ever knowledge you have share with it with good manner,Inshallah she can understand, but do make salah in front of her and read Quran with meaning so that word could hit her ears.Because many people espaicially christian they are taught or made them understand how to contradic with Islam. But dont worry about this as truth is always a noor.And one more thing be confident on what ever part of hadith Quran you say atleast you should have best knowledge of what knowledge you have. And one more thing i want to say before ending that when ever you face a problem on a topic which you dont know, just simply escuse your self dont ever try to proof iit and your way or any other mean, as just wouldnt be aware of what problem you would face next.
Jazzak Allah Khair.

BigAk

But here is my suggestion...

Before even indulging into the event of the Crucifixtion, why don't you ask your wife "Why does our Almighty, All Merciful & Just GOD require a sacrifice to forgive the sins of mankind? Why does GOD require shedding of blood to forgive our sins? Isn't it easier to say - YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN?"

Hope this brings a different perspective...

walaikumassalam

Excellent point nobbyv.. I will surely add this logical view into my bucket of knowledge. A question like this is extremely logical and very simple to see. I appreciate you brining it up to my view.

It would probably be one of the happiest moments of my life when my wife decides to become a muslim. :muslima: I pray and ask Allah to guide her heart and to make my task easy on me and help me with it.

BigAk

Salaam,

I have little or no knowledge...however The Quran is the revelation to our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah subhana talla be upon him, of the Word of Allah subhana talla. It is not written.
The Bible was complied almost four centuries after the death of Jesus. That initself is proof enough.

I am not sure I follow what you're saying... It is written.. We have our Qur'an.
Jazk Allah khiran.. :)

BigAk

:salam2:i would reply you but nowadays i am busy but i have something for you visit this web www.answeringchristianity.com as brother already told u about this andd an other Dr. Zakir Naik's website inshallah u will find his written book on the above subject and videos too he had also debate with Pastor Rukkinddin Henry an Arab Christian in india u can see his video on his web too..www.irf.net ok may ALLAH help u and ur Wife to find the TRruth.:wasalam:

Thank you brother danyal.ahmed.. I plan to view Dr. Zakir Maik meterial insha'Allah.. I appreciate your attention to my case despite your busy schedule; I would like to ask that visit my thread here and try to help me if you can.

BigAk

Assalamu alaikum sister!

Could someone please shed a light on wether Jesus (peace be upon him) taught it verbally to his people or instructed the scribes to write it or instruct them to memorise it as the companions of Muhammad (peace be upon him) were scribing and memorising Quran?

Yes.. I would like to gain knowledge on this also.. Thank you for pointing it out Bawar..

m.r.sidiqui

ANSWER

kayleigh... I do realize that the route you mentioned is probably far better to take. But, I have no experience or knowledge in showing her how the bible has come to be in its current form. All I know is that someone has distroyed the original scripture and the current bible is compilation of the work of various authors including Paul that took place 300 years after the departure of Jesus.

When I mentioned this to my wife, she hit me with the questions:

1) "Who wrote the Qur'an?"
My answer of course; it was revealed to the prophet Muhammad (PBU) through the angel Jibrael (sp?) Muhammad did not write it as he was illiterate man. He memorized it and made his followers memorize it.

2) "When was it finally written?"
I could not answer this one; as I really don't know.

3) "Where those who wrote it "men"?"
My answer was Yes they were.

4) "Do these me not forget or are they immuned to forgetting?"
I was stummped on this one..

She was trying to demonstrate to me that just like the bible was finally written by men; so was the Qur'an..

My only line of defense to her is that there are no two versions of the Qur'an. There's only one version. Therefore, it does not differ from another copy of the Qur'an such as the case in the bible. That apparently was not enough. I have already been stummped on question number 4.

As you guys see. I am not equipped enough to tackle her questions.

I need your help brothers and sisters.
.[/QUOT

ANSWER TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS THAT WHEN THE QURAN WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD PBUH JABRIAL PBUH USED TO MAKE MUHAMMAD PBUH MEMORIZED THE AYAH THAN MUHAMMAD PBUH WOULD MAKE HIS COMPANION TO MEMORIZED IT AND THAN THERE WERE NEAR ABOUT 24 (KHATIB IN WAHI) MEAN WRITER OF REVEALED SO MUHAMMAD PBUH DIRECT THEM TO WRITE THE QURAN ON TREE TRUNKS , LEATHERS, BOANS OF ANIMALS ETC, THAN HE PBUH WOULS ORDER THEM TO READ OF WHAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN AND IF THERE WOULD BE ANY MISTAKES THAN HE PBUH WOULD CORRECT IT AT THAT TIME.THAT MEANS THAT QURAN WAS WRITTEN AT THAT TIME ONLY IN FRONT OF NABI PBUH. YOU COULD FIND THESE REFERENCE IN SAHIH HADITH OF SAHIH AL BUKHARI, MUSLIM SHARIF NAD MANY OTHER.( SAHIH HADITH IS THE SECOND MOST TRUSTABLE BOOK AFTER QORAN)

ANSWER TO UR SECOND QUESTION WHICH I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN.

MANY WERE KHATIBIN WAHI WIHICH I MENTIONED ABOVE IN WHICH I CAN GIVE SOME OF THE NAMES LIKE AMIR MAUVIA RAZ, TALHA ETC.

WISH THAT COULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM REGARDING ANY OTHER THING IF YOU WANT FROM MY NOTE MAIL INSHALLAH I WILL TRY TO CLEAR IT.MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW QURAN WAS WRITTEN IN THAT TIME IN FRONT OF MUHAMMAD PBUH. FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE I WANT SHARE ONE MORE THING IS THAT QURAN WASS WRITTEN IN THAT TIME NOT COMPILED IN BOOK, IT WAS DONT IN TIME OF ABU BAKR RAZ, AND THE BOOK WENT TILL UMAR RAZ AND AT THE TIME USMAN RAZ 4 BOOKS WERE WRITTEN MEANS QURAN WAS WRITTEN IN THE GUARDIANSHIP OF NEAR ABOUT 100 SAHABAS, AND GLORIFY ALLAH SWT TILL DATE ONE OF THE BOOK YOU COULD FIND IN GERMANY, TURKEY.SUBHANALLAH.

THANKS

BigAk

Assalamualaikum brother,

The Bible was not the true revelation of ALLAH to Jesus (peace be upon him)... The INJEEL was the True Revelation. The Bible (as the name suggests) is just a collection of Books - from the word Biblios or Library.
My impression was that INJEEL is the arabic word used bible... They both refer to the same.. Do I have this wrong??

m.r.sidiqui

ANSWER

:salam2:ANSWER TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS THAT WHEN THE QURAN WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD PBUH JABRIAL PBUH USED TO MAKE MUHAMMAD PBUH MEMORIZED THE AYAH THAN MUHAMMAD PBUH WOULD MAKE HIS COMPANION TO MEMORIZED IT AND THAN THERE WERE NEAR ABOUT 24 (KHATIB IN WAHI) MEAN WRITER OF REVEALED SO MUHAMMAD PBUH DIRECT THEM TO WRITE THE QURAN ON TREE TRUNKS , LEATHERS, BOANS OF ANIMALS ETC, THAN HE PBUH WOULS ORDER THEM TO READ OF WHAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN AND IF THERE WOULD BE ANY MISTAKES THAN HE PBUH WOULD CORRECT IT AT THAT TIME.THAT MEANS THAT QURAN WAS WRITTEN AT THAT TIME ONLY IN FRONT OF NABI PBUH. YOU COULD FIND THESE REFERENCE IN SAHIH HADITH OF SAHIH AL BUKHARI, MUSLIM SHARIF NAD MANY OTHER.( SAHIH HADITH IS THE SECOND MOST TRUSTABLE BOOK AFTER QORAN)

MANY WERE KHATIBIN WAHI WIHICH I MENTIONED ABOVE IN WHICH I CAN GIVE SOME OF THE NAMES LIKE AMIR MAUVIA RAZ, TALHA ETC.

WISH THAT COULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM REGARDING ANY OTHER THING IF YOU WANT FROM MY NOTE MAIL INSHALLAH I WILL TRY TO CLEAR IT.MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW QURAN WAS WRITTEN IN THAT TIME IN FRONT OF MUHAMMAD PBUH. FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE I WANT SHARE ONE MORE THING IS THAT QURAN WASS WRITTEN IN THAT TIME NOT COMPILED IN BOOK, IT WAS DONT IN TIME OF ABU BAKR RAZ, AND THE BOOK WENT TILL UMAR RAZ AND AT THE TIME USMAN RAZ 4 BOOKS WERE WRITTEN MEANS QURAN WAS WRITTEN IN THE GUARDIANSHIP OF NEAR ABOUT 100 SAHABAS, AND GLORIFY ALLAH SWT TILL DATE ONE OF THE BOOK YOU COULD FIND IN GERMANY, TURKEY.SUBHANALLAH.

THANKS

BigAk

:bismillah:

:salam2:

In my humble opinion, using proofs from the Bible is only good to make the Christian aware that the Bible has serious flaws. But the proof of Islam is the Qur'an, and miracles with which Muhammad :saw:. So, you should better focus yourself on providing your wife proofs of Qur'an authenticity, and there are plenty of them. Because, even if you proof to her that Bible isn't from Allah, then you still don't have the proof for Islam, and that won't make her any more near to Islam. Also, if you have some questions, try contacting this brother: [email protected] He runs a site: http://call-to-monotheism.com/, which is one of the best sites on compartive religions I've ever been to.

PS: You have plenty of other proofs that Bible isn't word of God, at least not 100%. For example, Dr. Maurice Bucaille's "The Qur'an, the Bible and science", also www.irf.net, then you have a collection of works of Shaykh Ahmed Deedat "The choice between Islam and Christianity" (2 volumes, they can be downloaded), and also Shaykhu-l-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah's "Al-Jawabu-s-Saheeh ala man baddala deena-l-Maseeh" - "Answering Those Who Altered The Religion of Jesus Christ " This book is one of the most important Islamic books which gives right answers about Christianity. And what's one of the best things: everythiong's free for download. Also, you can order free books on Islam, with 0 shipping cost! Chesk it out here: http://www.islamunveiled.com/eng/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Brothe Haris... Yes.. I guess I do realize that I have a huge task at hand here.. It's hard to determine what route to take.. But, I do like the route of proving that the bible is not a credible source while at the same time start introducing the Qur'an slowly.. It's a hard job..

Subhan'Allah. This task; by the will of Allah, could be as easy as scratching my chin. But, it can also be as impossible as passing an egg through a needle hole.

Thank you for the links.. I will be visiting them all to see what I can gather for my task here..

BigAk

Salaam,

Dear brother, the Bible was a complilation of books, none of the writers of the Gospels were the actual writers..i.e. Mark is not written by Mark...the Acts and Letters are by Paul..what is known as the Bible were books that were thrown on a table and remained on the table. The books that fell were rejected. I do not make this up.
The brother is asking for us to provide proof to help his wife understand the Truth. She is refusing the Truth. The Truth is in the Quran. We must pray that she sees the Truth. He is a strong man.

Brother.. Could you please provide a proof for your claim in red?? I have never heard of this and it's news to me.. To be honest, even as a muslim, I find it hard to believe your claim above... It just really sounds rediculous. But, if you prove it to me, you'll basically solve my problem here..

Jazak Allah khair. :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am glad that the question you asked about the Quran was answered by several brothers and sisters.
I have a question: Does your wife wish to revert to Islam or is she debating with you for the sake of debate. If she wishes to revert we need to be very loving in our responses...if it is debate we need to leave it alone.

BigAk

The brother is asking for us to provide proof to help his wife understand the Truth. She is refusing the Truth. The Truth is in the Quran. We must pray that she sees the Truth. He is a strong man.

I did not say she's refusing the truth... Her last words is that she's open to hearing the truth and ready to accept. That's why I'm scrambling here trying to hit the iron when it's hot as they say.

To say; she refusing the truth; implies that she's not even open to discussing the topic.. which in turn makes my efforts futile... This is not the case. Alhamdu lil' Lah.

__Enslaved___

state this argument to your wife:

Allaaah (subhaanahu wa ta'ala) is the only One-God. He created all his creation to have an origin (a birth) and a death. Yet Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'ala) The "Uncreated-Creator" had no origin and has no death. Therefore how can the Christians say what they say about Jesus (by whom be peace) if they say he died?? Surely, Humans will die, even the ancient mountains, and the ancient stars (which are older then humans) will all be destroyed....yet Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'ala) has no death: He is the invinsible The Eternal.

BigAk

Salaam,

I am glad that the question you asked about the Quran was answered by several brothers and sisters.
I have a question: Does your wife wish to revert to Islam or is she debating with you for the sake of debate. If she wishes to revert we need to be very loving in our responses...if it is debate we need to leave it alone.

Brother... I am puzzled at your comment in red.. What do you mean?? I have actually tried to re-think it, but could not find a logical reason..."need to be very loving in our responses????" You have lost me here.. :) with all my respect.

I have been with my wife for six years.... I have not come out and asked her if she wishes to convert so I can't answer your question... But, I know this; my thread here is not for the sake of debate.. I am already a muslim (alhamdu lil' Lah) who dreams of the day when my wife takes al shahada. Now I am not going to force anything on her, and to ask her "do you wish to revert to Islam" will sound like a pressuring question. Plus, how can someone answer this question without the existance of the facts first?? She's naturally very curious.... She sees me pray and practice and she does not resist that our son does the same with me.... and lately she has stated that she's open to accepting ideas with convincing logic.. This is what prompted my thread here.

I am not sure how to feel about your comment above in red actually.... To be honest, I'm hurt a little..

BigAk

:salam2:ANSWER TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION IS THAT WHEN THE QURAN WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD PBUH JABRIAL PBUH USED TO MAKE MUHAMMAD PBUH MEMORIZED THE AYAH THAN MUHAMMAD PBUH WOULD MAKE HIS COMPANION TO MEMORIZED IT AND THAN THERE WERE NEAR ABOUT 24 (KHATIB IN WAHI) MEAN WRITER OF REVEALED SO MUHAMMAD PBUH DIRECT THEM TO WRITE THE QURAN ON TREE TRUNKS , LEATHERS, BOANS OF ANIMALS ETC, THAN HE PBUH WOULS ORDER THEM TO READ OF WHAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN AND IF THERE WOULD BE ANY MISTAKES THAN HE PBUH WOULD CORRECT IT AT THAT TIME.THAT MEANS THAT QURAN WAS WRITTEN AT THAT TIME ONLY IN FRONT OF NABI PBUH. YOU COULD FIND THESE REFERENCE IN SAHIH HADITH OF SAHIH AL BUKHARI, MUSLIM SHARIF NAD MANY OTHER.( SAHIH HADITH IS THE SECOND MOST TRUSTABLE BOOK AFTER QORAN)

THANKS

Wow... Ma sha'Allah... This is the kind of information I need .. Thank you m.r.sidiqui... I had no idea and i've been a muslim all my life.

Could you please recommend some books that talks about the above please? The history of our Quran and how it was gathered and written?? I would really appreciate it.

Wow... The fact that an original book resides in Germany and Turkey is very exciting to me.. Is there any more information on that please... This is one of the questions my wife has asked me... Where is an original....

Jazak Allah khairan... :)

BigAk

state this argument to your wife:

Allaaah (subhaanahu wa ta'ala) is the only One-God. He created all his creation to have an origin (a birth) and a death. Yet Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'ala) The "Uncreated-Creator" had no origin and has no death. Therefore how can the Christians say what they say about Jesus (by whom be peace) if they say he died?? Surely, Humans will die, even the ancient mountains, and the ancient stars (which are older then humans) will all be destroyed....yet Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'ala) has no death: He is the invinsible The Eternal.

True.. It would be a good idea for me to first prove to her that Jesus (PBU) is not son of God :astag: first before I can apply the logic above...

Like I have mentioned in one of my posts, I have started reading the book by Mishal Bin Abdallah (What Did Jesus Really Say).. I find it extremely helpful and full of valid information. My plan is to equip myself with as much information and knowledge as possible before I put myself in a dialog with her where she can ask questions that would stump me. Good point to mention though; is that she really values my thoughts and ideas very much and thinks that I'm very intelligent. But, being smart is not enough when you just simply do not have the knowledge.