Please Help Me Answer My Christian's Wife's Questions.

BigAk

Assalamualikum brother,

INJEEL is the arabic word for GOSPEL; not Bible...

But please remember INJEEL in the Quran does not mean the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...rather it means the INJEEL which was given to Jesus (peace be upon him)...

Even Jesus (pbuh) says in Matthew 28:18 "Go and preach the Gospel"... here he definitely did not mean the 4 gospels...but rather his own gospel.

Hope this clarifies...

Yes indeed.. You have clarified and corrected my misconception and I am thankful to you... Jazak Allah khair. :D

BigAk

Salam Alaikum Brother

I will post a link to a thread I started with the video for Ahmed Deedats lecture about the Crucifiction or Crucifixion? I watched the entire video and it also has Christains asking questions towards the end. In he video he uses text in the bible to dispute the Crucifixion. In the video he does not discuss details of the Quran. I believe he does this this to prove to them in their book it did not happen verses using Quran since they do not believe that. In any event it is a good lecture but worth watching.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37710

Salam Amirah80

Thank you amirah.. I will watch this video soon insha'Allah.. I am also currently reading Deedat's book (Crucifixion Or Cruci-Fiction) and finding it extremely interesting... can't put it down..

BigAk

Asalaamu aleikum brother,

You may find this information interesting and helpful as well for addressing some of your wife's questions about this topic:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=217204#post217204

I will make dua for you and your wife! May Allah reward you both for your sincere search for knowledge and understanding.

Mairo... This is an exciting piece of information. I have known about many who memorized the entire Qur'an word for word, but this fact has slipped my mind.

I recall when I was a kid, I have tried to memorize the Quran... and had gone as far as the middle of Surat Al Bakara... I remember that... wow.. long time ago... hehehe..

I will add this fact into my bucket of data.. Jazak Allah khair..

Exciting.. :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother there is a lot of information on the Council of Nicea and the Council of Trent. They are worth investigating. The words of the creeds of Christianity were selected and there was debate about transubstantiation. This is important as the nature of commuion was debated. Hence when a Christian partakes of Holy Communion they are actually drinking blood and eating the body of Christ.

Usually most Christians are not educated on the nature of Holy Communion, yet on Sundays that is the focus of the service. This is where the forgiveness of sins comes from. To be forgiven for sins you drink the blood and eat of the body of Christ. This is not symbolic. I repeat this is not symbolic.
Muslims are constantly asked to defend Islam and we can. Most Christians will not be able to defend the nature of transubstantiation. They often think we are making it up. The Evangelicans and splinter Protestant groups will deny the nature of communion. Yet, in the Church annals these synods were held and to this day are the backbone of Christainity.

Please do not doubt me. I have spent many decades and have found the Truth. I will not give you internet sites. There are many scholary works on both the councils and transubstantiation. They can be found in libraries and seminaries.
I pray this was of use to you.