Please help Sister Aminah Assilmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ummi h

assalamu alekum by dearests sisters and brothers..
i pray that you are all in best health and imaan inshallah...

i hope you dont mind me posting this, but iv recieved an email regarding sister aminah assilmi and i wanted to share it with all my sisters and brothers in this community....iv never heard of this sister nor have i heard of her talks...but the sister is-need of help,inshallah i hope this community can help her...below are her details and information....
something similar happened before in east london, where a revert sister was homeless and living in a shoping centre car park and a couple found her and kept her in thier home untill they could find alternative accomodation.i did the same thing i got intouch with as many people that could offer her assistance...............subhannalah i was so impressed by all the sisters and brother's genorosity and kind help to the revert sister, allhamdulilah they have raised enough money to pay for rent for one year..
This is what 'ummah' stands for, to me, being there for one another....

jazakallah-qeran to everyone for reading this, i hope you can help the sister inshallah.............FIAMANILLAH,...........WASALAM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sister aminah assilmi
Please also read her Biography: http://www.famousmuslims.com/Aminah Assilmi.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bismillah,
I was recently reading an article in TriState Muslim that left me breathless. It was in regards to a famous muslim speaker, Sister Aminah Assilmi, who has been homeless for the past few months. Sister Aminah is a convert and one of the top da'iyah of our times. She is an extremely emotive speaker and very knowledgeable. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a college in Brooklyn, and knew that I wanted her to speak at Pace University. About six months later, I had the honor of having her speak to a room of about 75-100 people at Pace University's Interfaith Dinner. Intimidation is not a part of her persona; she is a nurturing presence and an excellent teacher. I am forwarding this email to let everyone know how they can help. If you would like to donate, or want more information, please visit http://iumw. org/AminahsCorne r.html
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

As some people are aware, Sister Aminah Assilmi has been homeless for
the last several months. This came about when the house she was living in
was sold and she could not find a place to rent that was within her budget. She
didn't have the deposit, the credit references, or a good support network that
could help her out.
In an effort to save money, Aminah became one more of the "serial campers"
that move from campground to campground trying to stretch the modest
amount of money they have to fit from one end of the month to the other. By
living in a tent, cutting down on travel and food expenses, and relying on the
kindness of strangers who often share her plight, she has managed to survive.
By now you are probably asking how this famous speaker, this advocate of
Islam and of women, the President of the International Union of Muslim
Women, can get into this position.
It is simple, many of our brothers and sisters are just one paycheck away from
disaster. If a flood takes out their apartment or a factory closes down, there is
no way for them to start over or move away. Look around your own community
and see if you can identify the student who is so poor that they wear broken
glasses or the working poor family who can't afford the work needed to get their
car fixed. It is the same with Aminah. Sister Aminah has spent the last 30+
years doing Da'wah and working FisbillAllah, for the sake of Allah. It doesn't
pay much in this world, but according to the Qu'ran, the benefits in the next
world are GREAT!
When you go online and google Aminah Assilmi, you will find many books,
cds, videos and recordings of her work, lectures and activities. She does not
get a cent from any of these items. Some were recorded and sold by their
producers, in a few cases, she has received some copies that she could sell,
but these have always been limited in number. But by and large, the only
person(s) who have made money, are the ones that sell these items.
Sister Aminah also does a lot of lectures and in many cases, she has only
gotten her travel and hotels paid for. Sometimes there is a collection taken and
that is how she has made her "living." But then there are other cases. A
community that regularly provides stipends or honorariums to its invited male
speakers, gave nothing but thanks to its invited sister speakers. It is hard to pay
the bills that way.
Another problem is that with the downturn in the economy, there are not as
many communities that have the resources to invite speakers and pay them
any money at all.
PLEASE HELP!
So here it is my Sisters (and occasional brother reading
this), since Sister Aminah Assilmi won't ask, I will. We need a
home for the International Union of Muslim Women, and we
heed a place for Aminah Assilmi to live and continue to do
the work that helps everyone. Please go to the contact us
page and send an email. Please mail a donation to the
address at the top of the website. Please try to invite Sister
Aminah to give a speech or lecture to your community or to
your local university. (She really is very good!) And within
the next few days, the website administrator (that is me) will
have an e-store in place to let you buy some of her books for
which she gets ALL of the money. Thank you and may Allah bless you for your efforts.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

May Allah the Most Merciful provide her with His great bounty, shelter her and gather all kind and merciful hearts around her...Ameeeeen

It is very sad to hear of a Muslim sister, specially a revert, who can not find a shelter while there are people of his Muslim Ummah do not know what to do with heir countless fortunes!!!

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamu alaykum,

whichever city this is, dont they have a mosq that collects sadaqa and zakah which can be used to help muslims in similar situations?

Inshaallah i will make due for her and her iman.

The_truth

BE VERY CAREFUL OF THIS!!!

Asalaamualaikum wr wb, I don't like to judge but i would be VERY vary of this because there are MANY Nigerians who e mail me and LOTS of other people with similar requests for money because of the desperate situation they and others in their family are in and i just have a bad gut feeling about this!
They prey on naive people and soften them with fake emotional stories! The picture of that women along with that story in the link just don't seem right!I would ask all others to be VERY weary! Jazakallah

GAZIJA

Staff member
Asalaamualaikum wr wb, I don't like to judge but i would be VERY vary of this because there are MANY Nigerians who e mail me and LOTS of other people with similar requests for money because of the desperate situation they and others in their family are in and i just have a bad gut feeling about this!
They prey on naive people and soften them with fake emotional stories! The picture of that women along with that story in the link just don't seem right!I would ask all others to be VERY weary! Jazakallah

This does not make any sense to me at all; Why was she living alone? Where are her children and her husband? How come her family is not helping her, are they all homeless too and do not have money???????? In her biography is written that the whole family are muslims so why is she only homeless??????????

Salafi_Sista

Salaam alaykum, I'm not sure we're supposed to hold on to fortunes but it's our goal to share with everyone - Islam to the unbeliever and all necessities of live with our ummah.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I dont think this a sound true story, because she have kids who are Muslims so this is a Hoax, Please Confirm the story before you post it on TTI, not every FWD emails is a true story, beside I dont think Islamic Orgnization will let this happen specially to well known speaker.

this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.