PLEASE HELP

HyphyWifey510

My family is christian based.When it comes to religios places,they go to church.But it feels wierd that they are all hoppin around and stuff an its like i have my own relidgon and i want to go to the mosque.My family disapproves of me becoming a muslim but i feel that this is what my heart tells me that islam is my way of life.I really wanna become a true muslim its just i dont want to go to a mosque by myself.Wont they look at me as an outcast,as if they have never noticed me before?what should i do to overcome my fear of being alone in a new place and how should i tell my parents im going to the mosque?someone please help me please!!

mohsofi_abdullah

MasyaAllah
You really are doing the right thing, but take note that most muslims do not try to approach others first...
If you start talking to them, and you notice that they might not have the proficiency to speak your language, it could appear as if they don't want to talk to you...
But, trust me on this, most muslims would love to talk, but they are just shy... the good gals and boys, are always shy... Not all tho, you will find someone to help, if you start using the word HELP as your intro...
Salams

happy 2 b muslim

go, no one will look at you if they do it not what they should do, i would say tell you family to respect your view and follow your heart if you dont can you say later on in life you tried this could be you guidance follow it...

inshallah this helped

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Masha ALLAH sister... hang in there. DO go to the mosque, approach one of the sisters who can speak english and i am SURE she will help you. I am 100% sure any true muslim sister will help a new sister in a mosque.

fee amanullah sister.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

Do you have any Muslim friends?If you do, ask them to accompany you so you don't feel awkward there by yourself. But if you don't, make it a start to visit the mosque regularly; pray at the mosque. I know it'll feel weird all that. But once you are familiar and people are familiar with you, they'll start having conversation with you. And about your family not approving that you became Muslim, have patience, inshaAllah. I don't think there's a need to tell them that you are going to the mosque. Just inform them that you are going out.

May Allah s.w.t make it easy for you. Ameen.
Take care.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Dear sister, I'm sooooooo happy for you. :blackhijab: Please don't be afraid going to the House of God, the mosque. When you enter it, sure you'll be welcomed from Allah, The most Generious. I'm sure that the whole universe will hold a celebration for you once you enter the House of Allah. It'll be a glorious moment in your life inshaa Allah. Just do it and think of it like that; you are going to enter the House of the Most Merciful.

booya

I was also very scared when I first thought of going to a mosque. But it's actually not so bad, the Imam greeted me with a smile and answered my questions, just what I needed. It does take time until you can go there without feeling nervous.

So just give them a call, ask them their hours, ask if there's a women's section, and once you get there, just smile and say "Assalamualaikum":)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister....listen to the brothers and sisters and go to the House of Allah. We will be in sprit with you. Welcome to your family. Let us know what we can do to help...take the first baby step and we are there to catch you, InshaAllah.

zOaib

Sainte_786
My family is christian based.When it comes to religios places,they go to church.But it feels wierd that they are all hoppin around and stuff an its like i have my own relidgon and i want to go to the mosque.My family disapproves of me becoming a muslim but i feel that this is what my heart tells me that islam is my way of life.I really wanna become a true muslim its just i dont want to go to a mosque by myself.Wont they look at me as an outcast,as if they have never noticed me before?what should i do to overcome my fear of being alone in a new place and how should i tell my parents im going to the mosque?someone please help me please!!

:salam2:

when you're heart has compelled you to see the TRUTH in ALLAH (swt) , then you r not alone at all because he is with you and he is closer to you than your own heart inside your chest ............. i can guarantee you the people in the mosque will greet you and welcome you and you r not an outcast and do not let the Satan tell you otherwise ( the doubts are form him ) so overcome them with the Love you have of Allah ! inshallah .

booya

If you want to meet people probably the best time is during Friday prayers since the mosque will have quite a crowd. And also you can listen to the sermon and pray together.

Remember that you are going there to seek knowledge, to please Allah. Don't worry too much on what others think or see.

abou haytam

salam sister;

welcome to islam. my brothers and sisters gives you good advises. i just want to add that mosque is a house of allah...so remeber, it belong to allah not to someone else. allah call you to islam so you have to answer. People in mosque are there to worship not to look to others, so don t worry about this. call the most and ask all your questions and get all information you need, ask also if there is a sister that can receive you and show you how things goes..etc.

incha allah you will love it and you will be excited to go next time.

salam o alikom

Teodora

hi

i am in the same situation as you..i mean i am muslim with my soul but is so hard when my parents say to me to go at church and i want to be at mosq....i want ware vale ....i feel that my ment is to be muslim ...if you want to talk with someone between friends ...i will be able to talk with you ..
my messinger id is : flowerstarteo

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

And welcome to this family. There are many sweet reverts who will be able to walk you through this period. Please keep in touch with your large and wonderful family. Should you need anything let me know...I am the big sister on this site. My younger brothers and sisters are good Mulsims and have big hearts.

arabian4islam

when you're heart has compelled you to see the TRUTH in ALLAH (swt) , then you r not alone at all because he is with you and he is closer to you than your own heart inside your chest ............. i can guarantee you the people in the mosque will greet you and welcome you and you r not an outcast and do not let the Satan tell you otherwise ( the doubts are form him ) so overcome them with the Love you have of Allah ! inshallah .
Mashallah
Slamu 3liakom my sister, i can help in do3aa inshallah...

dreisawi

Dear Sister

Going to the mosque and meeting muslims who will difinately support you is the most important second step. Try to maintain your relationship with your parents but not at the expense of your faith. Pray often and read the quran; this will alleviate your hardship.

"And trust thou in the Living One Who dieth not, and hymn His praise. He sufficeth as the Knower of His bondmen's sins"

almira

oh my sister in Islam how we muslim love each other i became a muslim my family kick me out but Allaah help me in so much i never stop doing my salaat al7amdulillah im 20 now and married and happy im living in canada today with my husband and now my mom wants me to sand for her to come here but she still hate Islam but i still talk to her and keep it open.
so be strong in your deen inshaAllaah

Safia155

:ma: Almira...your story is emotional....may Allah swt protect you and all people around you oukthy! Amin

To come back on the topic..welcome back to Islam oukthy : ) I am veryyyyyyy please to see another human soul accepting Islam as truth.

I understand your fear...I felt the same when I wanted to go pray in the prayer room in my university...I was very scared that sisters would look at me funny because it was the first for me there...and MashaAllah...no they were very simple , they said salam AlHamdoullilah !

I would advice like the sister said above..call the mosque first to see if they have another entry for women because some mosque do have one.... and yeah go for it...you'll see the environment is really nice and people are truly faithful : )

For your family I would say to talk to them...and be respectful as much you can...listen to them if they say good..in accordance to Islam...but do not if that harms your religion ...

May Allah swt protects you oukthy and all people around you...and also guide you in your new way of life . Amin

:wasalam:

Safia