Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

Brandi

I too was a Christian or so I thought... lol.. I was from a Christian-Catholic family that were not practicing. And I was about 21 when "they"-a group of christians- told me Jesus (pbh) is God. I was is shock! lol. I had never thought that growing up. And realized I knew nothing about my faith. So I started going to catechism classes and going to church etc.. I really tried to believe..( btw, at the same time I was also learning about Islam and other religions too) but it didn't work-I couldn't pray to Jesus as God, or the Saints, or do confession.. I guess I was set in my ways lol... Well, I finished my catechism classes and made communion just to please my parents.. and now... well... I'm here! God has opened my eyes to a religion that I believed in all along- that I didn't even know existed 7 years ago.. Now I can feel it in my heart that I'm on the right path! My parents aren't too pleased about this, but all that I care about pleasing at the moment is God! =)

aisha16

Beautiful thead! I'm a born Muslim but... I stand by my opinion converts are the best and strongest Muslims in my opinion.

justoneofmillion

Beautiful thead! I'm a born Muslim but... I stand by my opinion converts are the best and strongest Muslims in my opinion.
:salam2:Most the reverts have the opportunity to good education and secure life conditions.Mashallah that's a blessing and a responsability.

For me the strongest Muslims today are the Palestinians and Afghans ,the Iraqees, the thousands of Political prisoners in the dungeons of Isreal,inThe US,Egypt,Syria Saudi Arabia..etc.

Those who endure torture and humiliation daily for no other reason than being Muslims or for speaking truth to power.In the end it is for Allah's swt perfect justice and acquaintance to judge who is and isn't a better Muslim.If Islam was a rose that grew in the hearts of believers it is up to him to know if they took care of it enough to be worthy of his garden of mercy.

Altough I consider this to be a very vague statement that neglects the singularity and individuality of each person standing in front of a world trying to live up to the ideals of his faith and consistent to the bond with Allah swt,through different circumstances and fates.

We share the same ephemeral world,every day we wake up, we come to life again we are all new Muslims,it is what we make of it,our deeds that matter and make us worthy of being called that way.

There are a whole bunch of Muslims out there, who are struggeling with inhumain and very precarious conditions,hunger,sickness,Orphanage...etc and still look up to Allah swt between hope and clueslessness . May Allah swt make it easy for them and reward them for their strenght.If the head is round ,it is for our thoughts an opportunity to change direction.Islam is in no need of another sectarian demarcation or classifying notion,semantics are very powerful nowadays.Allah swt bless you.

sachin4islam

:Every soul is born as Muslim:

Assalam Alaikum: My Islamic Br's & Sis's.

Every soul is born as Muslim. A child until and unless influenced by parental faith retains himself/herself as Muslim. Indeed a child is purest Muslim. Believe me those born to Muslim parents are most fortunate.

May Allah guide my parents to sirat al mustaqim. May every soul deviated intentionally or non-intentionally from sirat al mustaqim revert back.

Regards.
Abdullah.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
I was a Christian, but I never really felt like I belonged there, even when I practiced and attended church regularly. I also had issues with the Trinity and divinity of Jesus.

"If there is only one God, why is there Three? And how could God kill Himself?"

I always prayed to God even when I was a Christian. I never prayed to Jesus. So it was an easy transition in praying to Allah.