Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
I was born an atheist so to say, then when my parents found Christianity I was raised in this way and was a very active Christian until I found the truth a couple of months ago.

tough

Salam..
Ikhwan Fillah....how lucky you are, seams u just born in this world without any sins. since u said Syahadah. i was born in islam family...i always hope, " Ya Allah let me see them in your paradise" amien..

sharazad

Sister
salam aleikum :) am a new member, and dont really know how to use this page yet.
Actually I havent made my shahada yet, am doing my best to study islam, both in University and private.
I just found my way back to faith, hamdulillah, but the road here has been hard and bumpy. I grew up in a family with really no religion, and i was quite a hard atheist for many years. Okay, am 21 so not THAT many years :)
Since I started studying at my Uni, i came in touch with many different religions, and i met some nice muslim people, hamdulillah, and now I have been to the local mosque a couple of times. Also my studies in arabic and travelling to arabic countries has really opened my eyes, and the more I write this story the more am convinced am really on the right way. Inshallah i can do my shahada soon :)

btw, turntoislam is a great page, it has been to great help for me! shukran!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Alhamdulillah....

nice to hear a lot becoming muslim.....
not because..they r going to be like us/or our team is growing strong..
but for that,they r coming towards the truth.......the true religion,true belief

jazakallah

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Just amazing hearing these stories, I was born as a Muslim and i love Islam as it is the right way, the logical way, the path to victory, paradise, knowledge and Logic, I also have some wierd dreams but i like it as its logical, Islam communicats with me..

"From the Cradle to the grave islam is what we breathe" - Sultan :muslim_child:

safaa27

I grew up going to a protestant church and a catholic church, I really did not know so much about my religion. It did not really make me embrace it too much because there was no faith to move on too, not until I was surrounded my mulims and them talking to me about Islam. I never though Islam would make me feel so full or complete. It is challenging at times because living in America but it is a wonderfull and beautiful deen. I love being muslim. Inshaallah I am now engaged to a egpytian muslim and getting married in a few months. Allhamdulih.

Salaam

mdmuslim

Where I came from

Salaam,

I came from a fundemental Methodist Christian background. I was raised to believe the Bible as the infallible word of God. And that was the way I stayed until I was deployed, and had a valid reason to seriously look at another religion. And the more that I looked into Islam, the more that it made sense. I had never even seen contradictions in the Bible before I started to read books by muslim authors. But there they were, for years I had been steered away from them. I had even been a methodist lay speaker, preaching since I was 16!
The more I read, the more I learned, the more my heart was opened to the truth of Islam. In the end, I had no choice but to convert to the true religion, the pure monotheistic faith of Islam. Alhumdillah for the mercy of Allah(SWT)!

Wa Salaam,
Richard

Sakeena

I was born pure in the eyes of Lord Allah but I was baptized into the Christian religion as a baby. My family is not Catholic, my grandfather is a part of the Holiness sect and my Grandmother was Methodist. My mother belongs to the non-denominational movement. It's so cultish to me. Muslims are united; we are one nation with many voices.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
A continues fight

I was born in Italy from Italian parents.I was baptised in the church with the name of Lucia;they also took part to a Hindu comunity and the "GURU" of that place gave me the name of a COW that was passing in front of him(Sùndari).I worshipped the statues,even I didn't believe to them.I grew up like a soldier,because of my father,who educated me to be a Sting in my life,because of him I had no friends,I was shy and tricky.I studied foreign languages and I stopped to study when I was 18,I took the lycence and I passed that summer by meeting a few friends with whom I liked to go to the pub.My father let me some liberties when I was 17;I migth thank him for this,but I'll never forgive him for all the bad childhood I passed.I didn't like to go to the disco very much,because I was too shy even to look at the face of a boy.They laughed to me by looking my dacing way.I didn't know which direction to take in my life,so I thought that it was better to go there only because it was a way to escape the problems there were in my family.I had a conflict with my father:he grew me up like a soldier,I was vegetarian;I was attracted from the indian philosophy,but I still wasn't complete,till the day I knew the boy who became my lovely husband.His name's Brahim(like The prophet).I have no word to say to how big is the world but only this boy understood and helped me.I'm muslim thank to Allah at first,but he also contributed to let me to know it.My life was a continues fight,but now I endly finished it.:tti_sister:

louise_soso

Salam alaykum

i was christian , i used to pray to god not jesus.. i thought jesus died and was son of god i always wanted to cover my body and head and always wanted to know my creater and now i do! alhmdulilah ! :muslim_child:

louise_soso

salam aleikum :) am a new member, and dont really know how to use this page yet.
Actually I havent made my shahada yet, am doing my best to study islam, both in University and private.
I just found my way back to faith, hamdulillah, but the road here has been hard and bumpy. I grew up in a family with really no religion, and i was quite a hard atheist for many years. Okay, am 21 so not THAT many years :)
Since I started studying at my Uni, i came in touch with many different religions, and i met some nice muslim people, hamdulillah, and now I have been to the local mosque a couple of times. Also my studies in arabic and travelling to arabic countries has really opened my eyes, and the more I write this story the more am convinced am really on the right way. Inshallah i can do my shahada soon :)

btw, turntoislam is a great page, it has been to great help for me! shukran!
mashallah good luck!

Really beautiful thread :) alhumdulilah its so beautiful to see islam from a new convert just makes me extremely happy ... i was born a muslim and I try my best to be a gud muslim but it lights my face up when i hear the stories of new converts .... When you have something precious you dont realize how precious it is sometimes, but someone who didn't have that and just acquired it knows the true preciousness of the item which i see here
Alhumdulilah
aslam o alikum

Same here!!it feels so good people turning to islam or more like converting..:ma:

Wadz

MAKE MONEY ONLINE!!!

:salam2:
:SMILY206::SMILY209:
Please Make an account with the following weblink>>>[PLEASE COPY & PASTE IN YOUR WEB URL]:inshallah:

>>AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=skillz786<< :wavyarms::jumpclap:
tc......ur.......self.....:wasalam::SMILY259::SMILY259:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I replied here last December! :hijabi:

Islam is the fastest growing religion, and many are coming from Christianity like me...Wow, Subhan'Allah!