Praying on time????

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

I hope you are all in good health and Iman. SCHOOLS OVER! :shymuslima1: NOOO I love school. kk anywayzz, I have a question about "praying on time". When they say pray on time, does it mean to pray ON THE DOT. I've heard its good to pray on time and bad to not pray on time. Sometimes when a few minutes pass, I feel like im late for prayer. So when they say praying on time, is it okay to pray like an hour late? Actually.....WHAT DOES PRAYING ON TIME MEAN? Is praying a few minutes late considered as praying on time? For example, Asr starts at like 5:20, I pray it at 6. Do you think its still considered as praying on time? I mean, its not THAT late....right?:shymuslima1: And.....is it a sin to pray late, late as in, an hour or maybe even two hour later?

:wasalam: :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Actually I would love to know the answer to this myself because I am forced to pray most of the prayers (with the exception of Fajr and Isha) at work so the Asr prayer comes at 5:20pm and that is the busiest hour at the office where I work since that is the time all of our clients forward their phones because they are leaving for the day. The busy hour lasts until around 6:30pm sometimes before I am able to break away to say my prayer. I try to pray as soon as we slow down but usually thats still not until after 6pm.

Im really concerned about it because it seems like I am always praying Asr late.

hassana elkoussi

:salam2: dear sisters,

Here's a fatwa from Islam Q&A which, i hope, will be of help:

The extent to which delaying prayer may be forgiven in the case of women
Is a Muslim woman who prays at home considered to be sinning if she delays praying Zuhr until half an hour or a quarter of an hour before the adhaan of ‘Asr, or she prays ‘Asr half an hour or a quarter of an hour before the adhaan of Maghrib, or if she prays ‘Isha’ half an hour before the adhaan of Fajr? If the answer is that this is not permissible, what is the extent to which delaying the prayer may be allowed without incurring any sin?. Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to delay prayers beyond the time when they are due, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

“Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As‑Salaah (the prayers) [i.e. made their Salaah (prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times] and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell”

[Maryam 19:59]

Islam has told us the times of the prayers, as described in the hadeeth which was narrated by Muslim (217) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet who said: “The time of Zuhr is so long as the time for ‘Asr has not begun, and the time for ‘Asr is so long as the sun has not begun to turn yellow, and the time for Maghrib is so long as the afterglow has not faded, and the time for ‘Isha’ is until midnight, and the time for Fajr is so long as the sun has not yet risen.”

In the answer to question no. 9940 we have explained the times of the five daily prayers in detail.

It is sufficient here to mention the end of the time for each prayer.
The end of the time for Zuhr is when the time for ‘Asr begins.

The end of the time for ‘Asr is when the sun starts to turn yellow; the time is extended in cases of necessity, such as when a person is sick, etc., to when the sun sets.

The end of the time for Maghrib is when the red afterglow disappears from the sky, which is the beginning of the time for ‘Isha’.

The end of the time for ‘Isha’ is midnight (halfway through the night), and it does not last until the time when dawn begins.

The end of the time for Fajr is when the sun rises.

It is permissible to offer the prayer at any point within the time for that prayer, whether at the beginning, in the middle or at the end. It is not permissible to delay any of these prayers until after its time is over without a valid excuse such as sleeping or forgetting.

Based on that, praying Zuhr half an hour or a quarter of an hour before ‘Asr is valid, and there is no sin on you in that.
With regard to ‘Asr, you must pray it before the sun turns yellow, and the timing of that varies from one season to another. It seems that quarter of an hour before Maghrib the sun will have turned yellow, so the time for ‘Asr will be over.

It is not permissible for you to delay ‘Isha’ until half an hour before Fajr, because the time for ‘Isha’ is up to midnight, as it says in the hadeeth. If you want to work out when midnight is, then calculate the time from sunset until dawn, and half way between the two is the end of the time for ‘Isha’ (this is midnight). If the sun sets at five o’clock and the adhan for Fajr is given at five o’clock, then midnight (or half way through the night) is eleven o’clock at night.

It is better to hasten to perform the prayers when the time for them begins, because of the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (496) and Muslim (122) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Which deed is most beloved to Allaah?” He said: “Prayer offered on time.” He said, “Then what?” He said, “Honouring one’s parents.” He said: “Then what?” He said, “Jihad for the sake of Allaah.”

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaykum as-salaam.

Praying on time means to pray in the stated time of prayer. For example, if fajr starts at 2:45 and ends at 5:00 and you pray it within that time, then you have prayed on time.

But, you should pray all the prayers early in their stated times, with the exception of 'Ishaa' - it is Sunnah to delay 'Ishaa'.

Fajr, Thuhr, 'Asr and Maghrib should all be prayed early on, unless you have valid excuse. There is also no problem in delaying it a little so as to pray in Jamaa'ah (Congregation), as that is obligatory if you are able.

If I had a little more time I would post daleel, but I dont right now! Sorry!

Was-salaam.

DanyalSAC

:salam2: dear sisters,

It is permissible to offer the prayer at any point within the time for that prayer, whether at the beginning, in the middle or at the end. It is not permissible to delay any of these prayers until after its time is over without a valid excuse such as sleeping or forgetting.

This has always confused me. Some may interpret that as giving us permission to sleep past Fajr (which I won't do).

hassana elkoussi

This has always confused me. Some may interpret that as giving us permission to sleep past Fajr (which I won't do).

As-salamu alaikom dear brother,

No, this is not meant to give permission to sleep past Fajr, it simply means that if you have slept with the intention of waking up for fajr, slept early enough to be able to wake up, set your alarm clock and everything, and then for one reason or another you couldn't make it, then this sleep is a valid excuse. Otherwise, it's considered a sin.

By the way, welcome to the site, brother.

Salam

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa'alaykum as-salaam.

Praying on time means to pray in the stated time of prayer. For example, if fajr starts at 2:45 and ends at 5:00 and you pray it within that time, then you have prayed on time.

But, you should pray all the prayers early in their stated times, with the exception of 'Ishaa' - it is Sunnah to delay 'Ishaa'.

Fajr, Thuhr, 'Asr and Maghrib should all be prayed early on, unless you have valid excuse. There is also no problem in delaying it a little so as to pray in Jamaa'ah (Congregation), as that is obligatory if you are able.

If I had a little more time I would post daleel, but I dont right now! Sorry!

Was-salaam.

I thought it is only obligatory upon the men, to pray in the masjid. Does it include sisters as well :s

Also just to note, about delaying about Isha, because I got this confused the first time myself. Delaying it is sunnah, but you should delay it only untill midnight. Once its past the middle of the night, then that is your salah being delayed I suppose. I remember reading this some where, but in shaAllah I will find out for you :)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Closest muslims to Allah have be described as to always perform Salat on time and pay charity even in time of need.

A muslim must take every measure to be able to pray on time (right after Athan) by scheduling his daily life hours based on times of worship, for it is more important than anything else. Doing that sould grant you guidance and mercy of Allah, then you won't have to worry about your everyday activities, because you put Allah first, then Allah will help you and bless you in life.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

Kindly provide us proof for this my brother. I personally called our Islamic Affairs Minister (who is a very respected scholar here) about this issue when some of my friends told me like you have said brother. But he stated that we MUST do it as early as possible if we lost the Jamaa'ah.

Also just to note, about delaying about Isha, because I got this confused the first time myself. Delaying it is sunnah, but you should delay it only untill midnight. Once its past the middle of the night, then that is your salah being delayed I suppose. I remember reading this some where, but in shaAllah I will find out for you :)

Please find it for us brother. Also make sure the one you are referring to, is authentic.

Most of us here are learners of big and small things. So it is very important all the brothers and sisters to provide authentic proof to back what they say, in a direct matter of Islam.

No offense to any one. Hope you understood the point.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Kindly provide us proof for this my brother. I personally called our Islamic Affairs Minister (who is a very respected scholar here) about this issue when some of my friends told me like you have said brother. But he stated that we MUST do it as early as possible if we lost the Jamaa'ah.

Please find it for us brother. Also make sure the one you are referring to, is authentic.

Most of us here are learners of big and small things. So it is very important all the brothers and sisters to provide authentic proof to back what they say, in a direct matter of Islam.

No offense to any one. Hope you understood the point.

As salamu 'alaikkum my brother, found it alhamdulillah. Its fatwa from IslamQA :)... It is from the sunnah to delay it even in the masjid, but if it is a burden upon the people, then it can be done earlier :)

P.S No Offense taken :)

The imam in our mosque delays ‘Isha’ prayer for almost an hour in Ramadaan. Is this permissible?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The time for ‘Isha’ prayer lasts from when the red afterglow in the sky after sunset disappears until halfway through the night.

It is preferable to delay ‘Isha’ prayer so long as that does not cause any hardship to the people, because Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Were it not that it would be too hard for my ummah, I would have commanded them to delay ‘Isha’ until one-third of the night had passed, or one half.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 167.

This hadeeth indicates that it is mustahabb to delay ‘Isha’ so long as that does not cause hardship to the members of the congregation. If it will cause hardship to them, then the prayer should be brought forward.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stayed late one night until most of the night had gone and the people in the mosque had fallen asleep, then he went out and prayed. He said, “This would be its time, were it not that this would be difficult for my ummah.” Narrated by Muslim, 638.

And it was narrated that Jaabir said, when he mentioned the times when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed: “He sometimes delayed ‘Isha’, and sometimes brought it forward if he saw that they had gathered early. But if he saw that they were coming late, he would delay it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1/141; Muslim, 646. See Ma’rifat Awqaat al-‘Ibaadaat by Dr. Khaalid al-Mushayqih, 1/291.

In some countries the people are accustomed to delaying ‘Isha’ for half an hour or so after the time for it begins, so that people can break their fast at leisure and get ready to pray ‘Isha’ and Taraaweeh.

There is nothing wrong with doing this, on condition that the imam does not delay the prayer so much that he causes hardship to the members of the congregation, as mentioned above.

It is better to refer to the people who attend the mosque and reach an agreement with them on the time for the prayer, because they know best what suits them.

And Allaah knows best.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
As salamu 'alaikkum my brother, found it alhamdulillah. Its fatwa from IslamQA :)... It is from the sunnah to delay it even in the masjid, but if it is a burden upon the people, then it can be done earlier :)

P.S No Offense taken :)

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh my dear brother

JazakAllahu khairan wa jaza for the fatwa. Now i understand the topic well. Alhamdhulillah! Really you brothers and sisters are so helpful. :)

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
I thought it is only obligatory upon the men, to pray in the masjid. Does it include sisters as well :s

Na'am, jazaakAllaahu khayran akhee, I should have clarified that a little bit.

When I mentioned praying in Jamaa'ah in the masjid I was referring to men, and also the 'Ishaa' prayer is can be delayed but must be prayed before half of the night has passed.

Here is daleel:

When is the time for Salaatul-'Ishaa over?

http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/articles/Fiqh/Time for Isha prayer over.pdf