Pronunciation confusion

Abdullah5576

I've been hearing people say dhal is pronounced zhal and people say azeem instead of adheem. Which is correct? Will it affect the meaning? I don't wanna pronounce Qur'aan wrong. I also here tha pronounced saa. Like in surah kauthar they say kausar. Which is correct?

Hatty

I've been hearing people say dhal is pronounced zhal and people say azeem instead of adheem. Which is correct? Will it affect the meaning? I don't wanna pronounce Qur'aan wrong. I also here tha pronounced saa. Like in surah kauthar they say kausar. Which is correct?

:salam2: brother. i think it is best for you to listen to it being read out by the reciter. Listen to it many times until you get it right. I think it is hard to explain this through written words. But you do not have to worry if you can not pronounce it correctly - you have a reason in this case as it is not your language and you are trying your best to learn the correct reading. May Allah reward you for your effort.

I think there is a Hadeeth related to the person who is finding it hard to read the Koran correctly. That he/she will get twice the reward. One for reading and the other for the effort made to read with difficulty. God is very just. If someone knows the Hadeeth please post it here. Thank you...

strive-may-i

:wasalam:
Yes some of these arabic letters are often pronounced incorrectly , am told.

Unless one has a speech disability one should try to get pronunciation correct. Its just a matter of unlearning and relearning something new... It should be easy , practice, practice, practice

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

It depends on who you are listening to. Those of SE Asia use the Indian Script of the Quran and thats why they say zhal, azeem, kuasar, etc. Those who use the arabic script Qurans say it the other way. The Quran itself was revealed in 7 different dialects.

Anyways, it would be good to use the arabic script Quran and listen to well known recitors to help you recite that way.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Those of SE Asia use the Indian Script of the Quran and thats why they say zhal, azeem, kuasar, etc..

Just to clarify- to recite the Qur'aan in the above manner is wrong. It changes the meaning of the Qur'aan.

It is very important that one learns basic tajweed at the least so as to not make mistakes. It is sad to see that people recite Soorah al-Faatihah (for all their lives) and make major mistakes. I remember when I was back home when I prayed behind some people- I had to repeat my salaah due to the mistakes they made in their Soorah al-Faatihah. Remember, without soorah al-Faatihah the Salaah is not even valid (obviously we give the ignorant people the excuse of ignorance).

The Makhaarij (as to where each letter orginates from, when recited) is the same in every single riwaayah of the Qur'aan, even though there are 7 different ways to recite it.

The Asian way (commonly recited back home) is far away from being correct and has some major mistakes in it- which even change the meaning of the ayaat. I am not talking about tilaawah here, rather just the makhaarij of the letters of the Qur'aan and not the tune they recite it in.

DanyalSAC

:salam2: brother. i think it is best for you to listen to it being read out by the reciter. Listen to it many times until you get it right. I think it is hard to explain this through written words. But you do not have to worry if you can not pronounce it correctly - you have a reason in this case as it is not your language and you are trying your best to learn the correct reading. May Allah reward you for your effort.

I think there is a Hadeeth related to the person who is finding it hard to read the Koran correctly. That he/she will get twice the reward. One for reading and the other for the effort made to read with difficulty. God is very just. If someone knows the Hadeeth please post it here. Thank you...

The hadith is in my signature.