question for single women and marrired ones

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

:salam2:

I have so many mixed feelings about the whole "papers" issue. I never even thought about that until I got my first proposal. My friends who are very religious told me to watch out about guys who wants "papers" and then they added of course that a religious man is important. I was baffled because the second option should of came first lol.

I rejected the brother because 1. I just took my shahada and not even a week later I got a phone call lol. 2. He was working in a restaurant that sold alcohol (Big no no to me) and 3. He made excuses not to go to the masjid.

Overall I thought that there are sooo many jobs in America that do not involve alcohol. If he worked as the school janitor, maybe I wouldn't of said no. I also was a "revert" and just jumping into Islam and I thought marriage at that time would disrupt my learning process (sounds selfish I know.

:wasalam:
Sarah

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum
I don't understand why people go crazy for these papers, like the american citizenship *(dont even know how to spell it :) ) is the road to Paradise

waaleikum salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
assalamu aleikum
I don't understand why people go crazy for these papers, like the american citizenship *(dont even know how to spell it :) ) is the road to Paradise

waaleikum salam

i suppose it is a " workers paradise" . as in people are highly paid