Question on Sharia Law ?

tariq353

Abdullah4islam said:
Unnecessary mercy will always hinder establishment of justice. You want justice,it will prevail only with strictness.

Wa alaikum as salam Bhai,

Jazak'allah for bringing this point ....... Indeed sometimes mercy towards one person results in injustice towards the victim....And Indeed Allah is most gracious most merciful together with this it is also mentioned that

"Allah does not do injustice" [Quran 4:140, 22:10, 26:209].

N aameen for ur dua'a.

wa salam

B.H.

Here is a question.

If one commits a sin worthy of a beating or even death, and then repents and is pardoned by Allah who has said he pardons those sincerely repentant, why then must that person still face a hadd punishment?

If one argues it is to detract others from sin, why then are there not hadd punishments in this life for every sin then, and not just adultery, stealing and a few others?

B.H.

unnecessary mercy will always hinder establishment of justice. You want justice,it will prevail only with strictness.

Yes, but isn't the showing of mercy justice as well when given at the right place and time?

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

thought this may be of some interest to this subject. The problem is not sharia law, it is societies and culture especially when facing poverty. The prophet, pbuh, used to make prayers that his ummah will not face the extremes of poverty or wealth. Not to mention that there is areas where illiteracy is very high.

Very sad video, but we need to know as muslims that our brothers and sisters are suffering to a point of .........

http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/101east/2011/03/201132912236540220.html

lets make much duaa for these people.

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 8, Book 75, Number 387:
Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet used to seek refuge with Allah (by saying), "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from the affliction of the Fire and from the punishment in the Fire, and seek refuge with You from the affliction of the grave, and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of wealth, and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of poverty, and seek refuge with You from the affliction of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal."

Volume 8, Book 75, Number 379:
Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet used to say, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from laziness and geriatric old age, from all kinds of sins and from being in debt; from the affliction of the Fire and from the punishment of the Fire and from the evil of the affliction of wealth; and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of poverty, and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of Al-Mesiah Ad-Dajjal. O Allah! Wash away my sins with the water of snow and hail, and cleanse my heart from all the sins as a white garment is cleansed from the filth, and let there be a long distance between me and my sins, as You made East and West far from each other."

:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
To the thread starter and all members in general :- Check out this one...

Mission Sharee'ah

It is a two days lecture series, available online for free for those who stay outside Chennai, India. Hope you will benefit, insha Allah. and Clarify your doubt.

Check the link for more details.

wasalaam

ayesha.ansari

In islam, if some one is comited crime like, sex for un married person, her/his punishment in islam is 70 lashes,, and that is what Quran and islam says...its not that one will die or not,,, only 70 lashes...

Perseveranze

You need 4 witnesses for crying out loud, not only that, they have to be upright people. The law was there to scare people, not to go on and randomly kill people.

Most cases in history you'll find are from self confessions aswell.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

although, i think that sharia, is the ideal way, i don't think the muslim community as a whole is truly ready to implement it. sharia, like the quran, like the bible is subject to interpretation and there are still so many things that we muslims have still not resolved regarding those interpretations. we still are debating if music is haram, smoking being haram, wearing or not wearing the hijab, grounds for jihad among other things. also the very few nations that are practicing sharia are also very different in the way they practice sharia. i think that the first form of sharia that we should apply, is towards ourselves. i really don't see it happening until we have a leader that has the peoples consensus.

Arvoreen73

:

Generally christians criticize muslims .. but look what is the law of bible...

{5:28}Bible Matthew
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. {5:29} And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. {5:30} And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

that verse doesnt literally mean to do those things. it means that when you sin it is more tempting to sin more, so it is better to cut off the sinful nature. It also means that a sinful being, that surrounds itself and commit these things , it will be harder to get to heaven since when you sin the easier it is to fall away from God

tariq353

that verse doesnt literally mean to do those things.

Brother what i mentioned is from "RED LETTER BIBLE" hope u knw the importance of this.... This is the clear cut command of Jesus(pbuh) and not open for any one to interpret as per his own desire.

it means that when you sin it is more tempting to sin more, so it is better to cut off the sinful nature. It also means that a sinful being, that surrounds itself and commit these things , it will be harder to get to heaven since when you sin the easier it is to fall away from God

for the sake of argument i agree........... true its better to cut sinful nature....but the question arises how and what abt those who r not ready to n r willing to commit sin with proud.????

In those verses Jesus(pbuh) is not only commanding the punishment but even gives the logic behind this....... that if ur right hand offends its better to cut it off rather than whole body being burn into hell fire.

Peace

Mairo

Maryama

although, i think that sharia, is the ideal way, i don't think the muslim community as a whole is truly ready to implement it. sharia, like the quran, like the bible is subject to interpretation and there are still so many things that we muslims have still not resolved regarding those interpretations. we still are debating if music is haram, smoking being haram, wearing or not wearing the hijab, grounds for jihad among other things. also the very few nations that are practicing sharia are also very different in the way they practice sharia. i think that the first form of sharia that we should apply, is towards ourselves. i really don't see it happening until we have a leader that has the peoples consensus.

MashaAllah brother, your words are so very true, I completely agree with you. Another problem we are having is that those who are not necessarily competent (due to lack of education or improper understanding) or do not have the integrity to judge properly are acting in that capacity, and as a result we then end up with tragic cases/outcomes such as this one.

Arvoreen73

Brother what i mentioned is from "RED LETTER BIBLE" hope u knw the importance of this.... This is the clear cut command of Jesus(pbuh) and not open for any one to interpret as per his own desire.

Jesus was expanding on the commandments of the old testament. He is saying that even looking at a person lustfully is a sin. but he isn't commanding them to do it. Jesus also taught about love and forgiveness. If you believe in the trinity and repent your sins you will be forgiven

and what abt those who r not ready to n r willing to commit sin with proud.????

then God would be disappointed in that person. and most likely will turn away from God, but if you are asking if they go to hell or not, im not quite sure since I'm not the judge. but I would assume they would go to hell if they don't Believe in Jesus as their savior and repent

In those verses Jesus(pbuh) is not only commanding the punishment but even gives the logic behind this....... that if ur right hand offends its better to cut it off rather than whole body being burn into hell fire.
Peace

He preaches that if your right hand has sinned then it is better to cut it off rather then the whole being burn into hell, but he didn't commanded it

btw I'm Christian and this is what I believe so I hope you dont think I am preaching :p

tariq353

Ohhhhh i never turned back to this thread...Sorry for the delay but better late than never!!

Jesus was expanding on the commandments of the old testament. He is saying that even looking at a person lustfully is a sin. but he isn't commanding them to do it.

Agreed he was explaining the commandments of OT....
Strange he is saying but he didnt mean???????
One word for this is Hypocrisy :astag:

Matthew
{5:17} Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
{5:18}For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
{5:19}Who so ever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them,] the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
{5:20}For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees (talking about Jews), ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
(Unless and untill you are better than Jews you will not enter Heaven..Now question arises how can you become better than Jews by not following the commandments of OT.)

Jesus also taught about love and forgiveness.

Constitution of all countries talks about peace..but-but-but......each and every country has got its own police, military, court.... why ???
In order to punish any one who wants to disturb peace and ultimately to maintain peace.
we have to read the constitution as a whole not just take one part about peace and ignoring other sections and saying that didn't mean so.

its so simple.
Jesus(pbuh) also taught about love and forgiveness at the same time verses of punishment are also mentioned by him (in Red Letter Bible). Read all in context you will get the meaning. Judge the situation n act accordingly.

What about Justice?????? Are good and bad equal??

Quran 38:28.
Or should We treat those who believe and do righteous deeds
like corrupters in the land? Or should We treat those who fear
Allah like the wicked?

If you believe in the trinity and repent your sins you will be forgiven
No where in complete bible the word trinity is mentioned Jesus (pbuh) never heard of this in his whole life.

Repent your sins to true God...If any one starts repenting in front of any idol will that idol forgive his sins????

then God would be disappointed in that person. and most likely will turn away from God, but if you are asking if they go to hell or not, im not quite sure since I'm not the judge. but I would assume they would go to hell if they don't Believe in Jesus as their savior and repent

Obviously we aren't judge but suppose there is a question in exam 1+1+1=??
Answer is 3, any one who writes 1.For sure he will fail in exam!!

Once again what belief means??? chanting lord lord and disobeying each and every commandment??..........Jesus(pbuh) said You have to follow the commandments not that believe that i died for your Sin(this is Paulinity)

Matthew
{7:21} Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. {7:22} Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? {7:23} and then will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Interesting people are chanting lord lord, casting out devil in his name, doing charity and so many things in his name but on that day Jesus (pbuh) will even refuse to identify them.

Same thing is mentioned In Quran
Quran 5
116. And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did
you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah?'
" He will say, "Exalted are You! It said it, You would have known it. You know
what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it
is You who is Knower of the unseen.
117. I said not to them except what You commanded me – to worship Allah,
my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness
over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You
were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.
118. If You should punish them – indeed they are Your servants; but if You
forgive them – indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

Follow the commandments of the God who is the only saviour

Isaiah {43:11} I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.
Hosea {13:4} Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me.
1timothy {4:10} For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe

He preaches that if your right hand has sinned then it is better to cut it off rather then the whole being burn into hell, but he didn't commanded it.

WHAT.................He Preached but didn't commanded????
I don't know how to answer when any one is calling Jesus (pbuh) as Hypocrite.:astag:

All what i want to say... we Muslim strongly objects to this and Just want to share this video which perfectly suits the situation.

[nyt]jWHK-kymS18[/nyt]​

i know brother you are a christian..... :)
Quran 5:82
And you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians."

Peace