Questions for all?

Azizati

salam alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

Alright, so first of all, what is your favorite part in/of Islam?
every thing in Islam is great

How long have you been a muslim (if you are)?
Have you always been a muslim or how did you get into believe Allah is the true God?
If you haven't always been, did you have a religion before?
born muslim

If you are a female, do you wear a hijab?
yes

How often do you go to the Mosque?
from time to time

Hounestly, do you pray 5 times a day? (If you dont mind me asking)
of course, what does muslim means if we don't pray 5times/days at less ?

Is there anything at all that you don't like about Islam? Probably not?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What can you tell me about Islam? Perhaps something that you really love about it, or something that you find really interesting that I would love to know (really im interested in knowing ... well... everything!!!)
what I realy love is this feeling to be a muslim, and beleiving in QADA'A and QADAR; that the life you're living is the best life you can have so you live is peace.
hope you will soonly have this feeling, may Allah(subhanahu wa ta'ala) guides you to the right way.
Amee.

salam

english is not my native language .

revert2007

Love Fishing
Alright, so first of all, what is your favorite part in/of Islam? believin in one God,and He is not anything like human,He doesn't have partnet,being born and everything about Him mentioned in Quran

How long have you been a muslim (if you are)? since 12th april 2007

Have you always been a muslim or how did you get into believe Allah is the true God? my muslim friends had played a great role in exposing me to islam.i know islam since 8 years old and decide to convert when i was 10.but Alhamdulilah Allah puts a good ending to my 12 years of waiting

If you haven't always been, did you have a religion before?i was a not so practising hindu

If you are a female, do you wear a hijab?yes after 1 week of converting i start wearing khimar as mentioned in quran

How often do you go to the Mosque?when i was in the university and before marriage ,i go almost everyday.but now since am in cairo i hvnt been to a mosque since last year eid prayer.

Hounestly, do you pray 5 times a day? (If you dont mind me asking)yes alhamdulilah i always pray all my 5 prayers

Is there anything at all that you don't like about Islam? Probably not?well there is not to be complaint about PERFECTION

What can you tell me about Islam? Perhaps something that you really love about it, or something that you find really interesting that I would love to know (really im interested in knowing ... well... everything!!!)

well islam is basically a name given to a religion which obey Allah and admit that prophet Muhamad is the messenger.when someone belive in these 2things,then he is a muslim by heart and must pronounce the shahadah.

islam is just a way of life.the Creator has mentioned everything clearly in quran about how His servants should live their life.

nothing in this world is ours.everything are borrowed and will be returned one day.Iman is the only thing we have

islam is all about surrendering to Allah
surrender=islam

hidaya

well lemme say..
my favorite part in islam is la ilaha illallah ..

alhamdulillah! i have always been a muslim..

no, i never had a religion before..

alhamdulillah! i am proud of wearing hijab, and yes i do..

umm.. not so much ..

yes alhamdulillah, i pray 6 times a day, including tahajjud..

i have a small advice for u sister there are deeds which should be kept secret and not told in public tahajuud is like dat, since its not obligatory and u do it only for ALLAH's pleasure

salahdin

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible. He is the Beneficent, Merciful. (22) He is Allah, than Whom there is no other God, the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb. Glorified be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him). (23) He is Allah, the Creator, the Shaper out of naught, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifieth Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise. (24)
59:22_24

yakubpasha

Assalam Alaykum!

So I have some questions I would like to know. But before I ask I thought maybe I should let you know of the position I am in at the moment. So I currently do not have a religion ALTHOUGH I do believe that Allah is the one and only God. I am definitely looking towards Islam!
I have a few questions that I am interested in knowing right now along this journey of mine to find the truth and to get to know Islam a bit more. So here I go, hopefully I can get some replies!! Thanks in advance to all!

P.s. If there is anything that you are uncomfortable answering its alright if you skip :)

Have you always been a muslim or how did you get into believe Allah is the true God?

If you haven't always been, did you have a religion before?

If you are a female, do you wear a hijab?

I'm sure that I will have some more questions as this thread goes on, but for now I think this is good. Look for some of my questions later on! Thank you!!!

brother are you reading these posts? any further questions that you have?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hopefully you are reading our posts. Here is my answers:

My answer: all are my favourite part

My answer: officially since 2003

My answer: I always think I'm Muslim since birth only my parents attempted to change my religion to something else. The concept of God in Islam very consistent all the way. The attributes of God and description given by Islam about God very consistent with below statement:

1. Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, (the) One.
2. "The Self-Sufficient Master.
3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;
4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."

God does not turn Himself in man to know men's problem and sacrifice Himself on the cross to forgive sins of the children Adam, does not need to appear like snake, lion, cow etc as believe by some religion. Islam says:

82. Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" and it is!

I did learned and practice some other religions but found only Islam is consistent in it's teaching about God. There is one religion even silence about God.

My answer: Everyday.

My answer: Yes.

My answer: I like Islam 100% but not some bad people who call themselves Muslim.

My answer: During my pre-Islamic lives, I had many bad habits, disobedience to my parents but Islam changed me.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Thank you for writing the questions. Insha'Allah my responses will shed some light to your inquiries.

1. What is my favorite part of Islam? I am blessed enough to be a soul that belongs to the path of piety. Islam is before time and after time. It is. It is the only is. Everything is Islam. Everything in life validates Islam. There is nothing that is not Islam. Even Iblis recognized this.
I am so long winded, forgive me. I read once Adam when he asked for Allah's forgiveness acknowledged that written on the Arsch of Allah is the shahada.

2. How long have I been a Muslim. I was born into a Muslim family. We will leave the age out.

3. I went into the duyna. I played in the duyna. I was seduced by the duyna. And one day I left the duyna. For the duyna is empty and it only offers Wal-Mart. Allah subhana talla has promised us junnath. There is no choice.

4. As I live in a small Muslim community I take my sons to jumma. When I have to work I make arrangments for kind brothers and sisters to take my sons to jumma. I attend the masjid on every occasion that is possible. One of my treasures is a key to our masjid. I clean the masjid with other sisters when we are able. I am a teacher in our school on Sundays.

5. I pray. If I do not pray I get sick. There are times I am not able to pray. I make up prayers. It takes effort. It is not easy...but the rewards of prayer are too numerous to list. It is my strength. Without prayer I am lonely. It is that simple.
6. Is there anything I do not like about Islam. It is written and understood that our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, told us Islam is the perfection of Allah's religion for us. Alhumdulila.

7. Yes, I wear hijab. As a matter of fact I am now in the process of discarding my all my non-Islamic clothing. I wear long skirts and cover. When I answer my door I will put on a scarf. In front of my sisters I am still modest. We have the wives of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, as our role models.

8. What can I tell you about Islam. As you walk with other Muslims Allah will reveal His Beauty in His Creation. Think...He gave us the responsibility of knowing Him.

I pray brother that my responses did not lull you into a deep slumber.

brand-new22

Assalam Alaykum! Of course I am reading these! I wouldn't be posting questions if I weren't going to read them :)
I have just been reading along, and when it slowed down some I was going to reply, as I am doing now. I have also been quite busy and haven't had much time to post reply's.

I really appreciate all of the answers from you guys, spending time to reply to me. I have been at the hospital a bit with my aunt, who I found out has between a couple hours, and 2 weeks to live.... so it has been a tough time the past while. She has cancer which has been taking over. So if I could ask for my aunt Linda to be in your prayers. Thank you.

Anyways, I believe that its question period now so here we go!!

1. If you converted to Islam, what made you do so? How did you find out about Islam?

2. Have you read the Qu'ran?

3. Do you plan to visit the 5 pillars someday (if you haven't already done so)?

4. Are you from a Muslim family?

5. Does anyone know where a good place (maybe a website, video or something) to learn Arabic (to read and speak)? So I can read the Arabic version of the Qu'ran and to know it!!

I am still thinking of some more i'll post when I can!

Thanks again!!

revert2007

Love Fishing
first of all if ur aunt is not a muslim..plz ask her to be a muslim.

1. If you converted to Islam, what made you do so? How did you find out about Islam?
i know islam since i was 8.i guess u have read my thread on My way Towards Islam.

Yes am memorising and learning how to read.and i also read the translation

yes of course.I prefer to do hajj before Umrah

No am not.am from a strict Hindu family

5. Does anyone know where a good place (maybe a website, video or something) to learn Arabic (to read and speak)? So I can read the Arabic version of the Qu'ran and to know it!!
plz check this
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57874
(download the pdf file)

http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=kullu+tamam&filetype=0

(this is with pdf and mp3 for u to listen)

Thanks again!![/quote]

Response....

A'salaamulaykoum...welcome! Happy to answer your questions....

Alright, so first of all, what is your favorite part in/of Islam? [I can't say one thing is my "favorite" as there are so many...One God, the wisdom of the Qur'an, how the entire faith is a guidebook for life-there is an answer for everything, the preservation of the Holy Qur'an, the preservation and science of Hadith....]

How long have you been a muslim (if you are)? [hmmm I think it is going on 3 years now alhamdulilah]

Have you always been a muslim or how did you get into believe Allah is the true God? [I was raised a Christian but always struggled with the 3 in 1 concept....it never made sense how Jesus could be so divine...when I learned about Islam I immediately became intrigued...from watching the prayer, observing the Muslims restraint and discipline...it was beautiful and so contrary to the Western society's perceptions of the faith]

If you haven't always been, did you have a religion before? [yes, I was Christian...I attended Church every Sunday, taught Sunday school, and said my prayers..]

If you are a female, do you wear a hijab? [yes alhamdulilah I wear hijab...it has been a struggle for me but I always remind myself of why I am doing it and that Allah's wisdom goes beyond what my mind can comprehend...I quite enjoy wearing it now actually!]

How often do you go to the Mosque? [as much as possible, alhamdulilah...we have halaqas every Friday and I also try and go for prayers when I can]

Hounestly, do you pray 5 times a day? (If you dont mind me asking) [yes alhamdulilah...it keeps me in check]

Is there anything at all that you don't like about Islam? Probably not? [I wouldn't say that there are things I disklike, as I said Allah's wisdom often goes beyond what our feeble minds can comprehend. There are things I have struggled with at times but Allah makes them easy for me. When there is something we feel we disagree with Allah tells us to put it aside for the time being and then come back to it....He even has advice for situations like this, subhan'Allah it is amazing! :) ]

[Where do I begin? There are SO many wonderful things about Islam, wallah (I swear by Allah)....one of the coolest things was how receptive other Muslims were to me...I felt I had instant friends and an instant family, I never felt that in Christianity...and in Islam the ummah or the community is so important and Rasoolulah (SAW) and Allah in the Qur'an tell us how powerful our ummah is, I have witnessed it and feel it in my heart. Islam moves me everyday, and when I say moves I mean it touches me, deeply. I am thankful everyday that I am enlightened by Allah and have learned of this great faith....I feel proud to say that our Holy Qur'an is the word of God and that it has been fully preserved for us...no other faith can say that their holy books are THE word of God....how beautiful is it that we have the words of our Lord at our fingertips? Subhan'Allah it is amazing to me! The beauty of the recitations to are another wonderful thing...the more I learn Arabic and learn the root words and the meanings of the words, the more I feel connected to Allah...the book is without doubt full of guidance. There is an old Zen story about a girl who was looking for inspiration, literally she was on a journey...and one day she came across a master of sorts who she would question and ask for guidance. The master would never answer her quesitons directly and she began to get very frustrated. One day the master told her to pour a cup of tea and she would tell her when to stop. So the dutiful girl poured the tea until the tea was running over the cup and on the table. The girl exclaimed "master why are you making me continue to pour? Can't you see it is spilling every where?" And the master replied, my dear, how ever can you learn and be enlightened when your cup is full...you need to first empty it before you can fill it.

My advice to you is to empty your cup....remove an preconceived notions or perceptions that you have and ask Allah for guidance and help....with Ramadan around the corner insha'Allah, it is the perfect time for you to empty you cup.

May Allah guide us all to become one of the righteous in this life and the next insha'Allah, ameen...

Your sister...
J

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I have been at the hospital a bit with my aunt, who I found out has between a couple hours, and 2 weeks to live.... so it has been a tough time the past while. She has cancer which has been taking over. So if I could ask for my aunt Linda to be in your prayers. - tell her about belief in Allah and islam. its the most important thing for ur aunt presently. if she passes away with faith in Allah and His messenger :saw:, Allah will forgive all her past sins.

we are not telling u this to get another muslim in our community. but becoz we have sympathy for ur aunt and wish that all humankind enter's God's mercy and paradise.

1. If you converted to Islam, what made you do so? How did you find out about Islam? => muslim by birth

2. Have you read the Qu'ran? => yes

=> visited already alhumdulillah

4. Are you from a Muslim family? => yes

5. Does anyone know where a good place (maybe a website, video or something) to learn Arabic (to read and speak)? So I can read the Arabic version of the Qu'ran and to know it!!=> www.understandquran.com/

I am still thinking of some more i'll post when I can!=> most welcome:)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

My answer: I grew up among Muslims and spent most of my youth days mixing around with ppl from various religions (you know my country is multi-race and multi-faith society). Islam is truly the way of life, even to enter toilet there is supplication. Some religions claimed to be "the way of life" but many things are missing from their teachings. However, it took me 29 years finally I decided to revert. I've shared my story what made me finally to embrace Islam, see below link.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

My answer: Yes I do, daily but sometime do skip.

My answer: You mean the 5th pillars in Islam? Yes definitely, since Hajj is compulsory for those can afford I will perform Hajj first. I'm planning to perform it with the whole family therefore I will proceed whichever comes first (Hajj or Umrah).

My answer: No, my parents and grand parents are hindu. We also have christians in our family and among relatives. I did practised hinduism, buddism, sikhism and some other sects of hinduism but only Islam satisfy me.

My answer: Pls do not hesitate. We will try our best to help you.

brand-new22

Thanks again guys for all of the replys.

Look for my new post under this topic, I will be posting it in a couple of mintues. I have some pretty good news!!!!

:hearts: