questions

konrad16660

Hey all, I have a few questions today in my quest for knowledge.
First, is there no re-incarnation whatsoever in Islam? If so, if someone dies and is not muslim do they go to hell? Do they get no other chances?

Second, What if someone doesn't believe in a physical hell, or for that matter any hell at all?

Third, I understand a lot of the Qur'an, but some must be left up to the imagination, because no one knows for sure if there is a heaven or a hell.

Fourth, If someone never had access to a qur'an or never met or heard of islam, would they still go to hell for not being muslim?

Anyways please answer honestly to these questions, thanks so much!

island muslim

Salaam Konrad,

VERY GOOD and SINCERE questions which I will leave to more knowledgable (like bro ayman) brothers and sisters to answer.

Take care.

Raihan

First, is there no re-incarnation whatsoever in Islam?!

There is no re-incarnation in Islam.

<<If so, if someone dies and is not muslim do they go to hell? Do they get no other chances? Fourth, If someone never had access to a qur'an or never met or heard of islam, would they still go to hell for not being muslim?>>

No, they will not go to hell directly. See this verse:

"We never punish without first sending a Messenger." [Quran 17:15]

There are some other verses as well.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

First, is there no re-incarnation whatsoever in Islam? If so, if someone dies and is not muslim do they go to hell? Do they get no other chances?

Second, What if someone doesn't believe in a physical hell, or for that matter any hell at all?

Third, I understand a lot of the Qur'an, but some must be left up to the imagination, because no one knows for sure if there is a heaven or a hell.

Fourth, If someone never had access to a qur'an or never met or heard of islam, would they still go to hell for not being muslim?

Peace be up on you, Konrad :)
May Allah help me answer your question according to my very humble knowledge and I ask my brothers and sisters to correct me and provide youwith more information.

First, there is no re-incarnation whatsoever in Islam. Allah SWT. gives us this life and provides us with guidance of His Holy Qur'an and His last prophet because in the Hereafter we won't get other chance.

If there had been other chance, then why anyone has to make any effort to reach the Truth and follow it!!!!! It would be better to wait for the other chance!!!!!! I wanna ask you something; is it logic for anyone who knows Islam very well not to accept it ??

Second, If you read the Holy Qur'an, you'll get to be sure that there is a hell and a severe punishment for those who knew the Truth and rejected it to follow their whims. Imagine if there had not been any kind of hell or punishment, would it be urgent or necessary for anyone to attain piety?? Would it be fair to make devoted believers as equal as the disbelieving, rebellious ones??

Third, Any Muslim should believe and knows for sure that there is Heaven and Hell. Believing in hell and heaven is one of the basics of the creed of Islam.

Forth, the answer of this question is found very clearly in Qur'an. Allah won't punish those who have never heard about Islam nor received any message from any messenger.

You should know and be sure of the Names and attributes of Allah, the God. He is the All- Merciful, the Just, He would never be unjustice to his servants. He provides as with the Truth and makes it as clear as the sun. Our duty is to know Him and be grateful.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother, I can only say...in faith there can be no imagination. Faith is reality. Scholars and philosphers have spent centuries debating this. If faith were imagination than many of the Greeks would not have been put to death. This is a thread across all faiths. Having faith means you believe. If you believe it is a reality.

Forth, the answer of this question is found very clearly in Qur'an. Allah won't punish those who have never heard about Islam nor received any message from any messenger.

ähmm there is a hadith in bukhari sharif about this topics which is allready in this forum.

can anybody help me to find it out?

dianne

ähmm there is a hadith in bukhari sharif about this topics which is allready in this forum.

can anybody help me to find it out?

Assalamualaikum,
As far as i concern,what ive been learnd of scholars- people in this world is the last generations of Muhammad saw.so If were deaf to hear about Islam its considered to be sorry but we have an eye to look whatsoever around,Islam is everywhere.
Whoever not believing in Islam,Allah swt & Muhammad saw,theyre kafir.
No matter how good you are.If were muslim but doing something bad - yes when we die will go to Jahannam,but soon or later the punishment will end,so they will enter Jannah.
Wallahu Alam.

SalmanFarsi

Just an fyi, a shaikh once told me that "sooner or later" could be anywhere from 500 to 1000 years of punishment....so its very serious.

but to the original questions my humble thoughts are:

1. No re-incarnation

Allah has a plan on earth by which he makes other Muslims as messengers of his message...so the very fact that you are reading Quran means, Allah got his message to you. Now its up to you to make a choice and live with that. You know the consequences as well.
He has absolute Justice. He gives you plenty of chances in this world.

2. As a Muslim, you must believe in hell/heaven and all things Allah mentions of in the Quran that we can not see.

3. Quran starts by saying this is a book of guidance for those who believe in the unseen.

4. If the message of Allah has not reached you, then there is no mention of punishment for such person.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Hello konrad,

Here is a reply I had given to a person with similar quesiton about Hell:

Muslims believe nonbelievers will go to hell, it abhors you, right. In fact Muslims do NOT believe that all Muslims will go to paradise while nonbelievers to hell. We Muslims fear Allah that we are destined to the hell if our deeds are not good. Even a muslim can also go to hell. And this is a very big difference with Christianity and Judaism where they claim that all christians will go to paradise.

A Christian goes to the priest in church, confesses and priest forgives him on the behalf of the God the Almighty? Who the hell is that priest to forgive the people if God himself did not decide about the person? Being a Muslim I can belive if I ask for fogiveness and true repentance from sins I will be forgiven, but who knows that Allah has forgiven me yet or still wants me to do more or cry for forgiveness or pay some penalty ? I will only come to know about my destiny at Judgement day.

Its the relation of fear of going to hell but at the same time the feeling of hope that our Lord Almighty is merciful. Yet I dont know my destiny and cant claim that I will go to paradise. There might be some of my good deed that my Lord will like and will wipe out my all sins or there might be some sin which I did not even realize to be sin but I commited and I am destined to hell. Who knows? After all I am human and my God knows better than me and he is better judge. I give an example. What if you threw a skin of banana on the road and went away. Someone came, slipped on the banana and got killed of head injury. Your only fault was that you threw some trash at road? yet who is responsible for the murder? So I cant guarantee that I just did those sins what I know. There are many sins which I dont even know but I commited.

Now about your strange abhor feelings for nonbelivers going to hell:

You love your mother and father, right? what if I say somebody other than your father, slept with your mother? Will you feel it outrageous abuse?
In this sense, I am associating a man as your mother's partner, and its an abuse.
Then how about that tiny negligible creature who is associating the things to LORD that He has begotten someone? Associating this thing to the LORD OF UNIVERSE, The Creator, The KING OF KINGS, The ONE GOD ?????
It is much bigger abuse than the abuse someone would commit about your mother.

Who the hell is negligible sperm-made creation to abuse the KING of the kings?

And one more perspective which you might have not given a thought about:

If you create some working Robot, but then you break it or melt it. The robot was yours, But can anybody object or blame you why did you break 'your' robot? You will simply be angry and feel offended and will ask the objecting person why is he interfering and objecting on your own property.

If God is the giver of life, the giver of breathing, body, pain, leisure. If he is the owner of creation, then how is it illogical and unjust to put the creation to the hell without any reason??? Can anybody object? Can anybody do any harm to the Creator for doing this?

Yet our God does not put anyone to the hell without any reason even he can rightly do that so.

We are in no means deserving the paradise but by the Generosity and Blessings of Allah SWT. Praise and Glory be to Him.

Thanks once again for your time and your patience.
Bye.

tom_

Hi konrad16660,

thanks for the outright questions.

I will try to answer your last question with the quran verses which stand immediatly in context with them but before that we have to change the sequencing of the questions in order to find the base / core of all of them.

The first questions which have to be answered in every humans life are

"Who has created me ? And what does HE / the Creator want from me ? Or Why does He created me ?"

because nobody of us is able to create himself or other humans life without the influence of a higher might .... so in this point we have to notice that we have a direct dependance to this higher authority who calls or describes himself in the religion books for instance as God / in the quran as ALLAH. Only HE gave us our lifes.Only the might who caused our existence has the absolute right to determine the sense of our life. Therefore the answer to the question " Why does He created me ?" can only be found in the sign which lead to HIM.The most significant sign we have is the book sent to us from HIM ,called quran.

Example:

only the car producer who has produced the car for the first time can determine what functions the car should have later, to learn about its functions we need a instruction from the car producer .....

--> Only the creator of creation can determine what functions /duties / obligations the creation should have, the instructions for th creation is the quran in islamic meaning..

In this context the quran tells us about our responsibility and the sense of our life which we should have aim to recognize in this life because:

21/16:
Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between!

21/17:
If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime We should surely have taken it from the things nearest to Us if We would do (such a thing)!

67/ 2:
He Who created Death and Life that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might Oft-Forgiving

51 / 56.
I have only created jinns and men that they may serve Me

Like you see its our responsibility towards the Creator to find out why we are created because the Creator had created us for very important reason ..

Your last question was:

"Fourth, If someone never had access to a qur'an or never met or heard of islam, would they still go to hell for not being muslim?"

Answer is yes, I will try to explain why:

The quran argues against this complaints with :

67/8:
Almost bursting with fury: everytime a Group is cast therein its Keepers will ask "Did no Warner come to you?"

67/9:
They will say: "Yes indeed: a Warner did come to us but we rejected him and said 'Allah never sent down any (Message): ye are in nothing but an egregious delusion!' "

67/10:
They will further say: "Had we but listened or used our intelligence we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!"

Its surely a righteous question, lets say a person has understand that he has some responsibility towards his Creator, but how can he should be sure now which sign is the right leading to to his Creator and where he has to start investigating and how...?

As we can read from these verses there are two ways for the human being considering from the islamic perspective to fill his responsibility towards ALLAH and find out that quran is the truth.

First way is to listen to the warner, but thats not possible today because ALLAH s messenger the prophet (s.a.w) peace be upon him doesn't live anymore but he has left us the message from ALLAH.

And that helps us to go the second way, which is the most significant nowadays and which includes all of us without exception.

Well,its surely possible to find out the right way by using the intelligence given from the Creator independently of our cultural or religious belongings and other circumstances in which we leave . Here we can see the fairness of ALLAH who handles all humans equally.

Maybe thats one reason for Allah to require account from those people who had forgotten their responsibility towards Allah although it was possible to recognize the truth by only using their intelligence

What does it mean "the right way"?

It should be the way which exactly (without a single mistake) describes and defines the real norms of the good and the bad for everyone without exception, justness and injustness, the sense of life according to our logical objective understanding . So everybody who considers the matters objectively should be able to recognize this right way...

And maybe thats another reason for Allah to require account from people who could not or did not want see in their life the real definitions of good, bad, justness,injustness according the way the quran had described them.

Because Allah says that only the quran gives the right directions in all matters which will lead you always into the light:

57/9.
He is the One Who Sends to His Servants manifest Signs that He may lead you from the depths of Darkness into the Light. And verily Allah is to you Most Kind and Merciful.

Acting in a different way would particularly mean "no my Lord, despite you are my Creator, I now a better way how to act and see things".
That means in other words reducing and ignoring the authority of the being who has created you... thanklessness of the person towards his Creator would be reflected in such behaviour.

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

MAN IS SELF-CENTERED
BUT ALLAH IS JUST

And whoso doeth good an atom's weight will see it then,
And whoso doeth ill an atom's weight will see it then.
Glorious Qur'an 99: 7 and 8

MISCONCEPTIONS OF "EXCLUSIVITY"...

Many Jews, Christians and Muslims have misconceptions about the "exclusivity" of Salvation. Being God's chosen people, Jews often behave and act as if the Salvation happens to be their secured and pre-ordained "birth right". From the Christian perspective, accepting Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour makes them "born-again" with a Divine Umbrella of Grace and the Salvation is guaranteed for them. Often a Muslim would also pronounce that anyone who recites the Islamic confession of Faith (There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger), before the flame of his life is extinguished, the Paradise is vouched for him. Some of these staunch believers of the "exclusivity" even go a step further. They declare it with a kind of self pride as well as contempt for those who are outside of the perimeter of their narrow exclusivity circle, they all will burn in the eternal hell fire. These misconceptions not only defy logic but also project the image of the Almighty Allah to be partial and prejudice, which He is not. "...and Allah means no injustice to any of His creatures." (Qur'an 3 : 108).

Within the last 2000 years, since the passing away of Jesus Christ and similarly within the last 1400 years, since the passing away of the prophet Muhammad millions upon millions have come and left this world without hearing the name of Moses, Jesus or Muhammad (peace be upon them). On the Day of Judgment would the Almighty Allah, who commands us to be JUST in our dealings with our fellow beings, judge these individuals who have died not knowing the names of these prophets, as the sinners worthy of being condemned to the Hell Fire??

And they say: "None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful." Nay whoever submits his whole self to Allah and is a doer of good he will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.

Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Qur'an 2: 111 and 112

Important Comment:

1. The opening word "Nay" of the second verse refutes these misconceptions with a tone of challenge and presents the true concept.

2. Safeguard is provided as well as reward is assured, for "whoever" that "submits his whole self " to Allah and is the doer of good deeds.

3. The above phrase "submits his whole self " is translated as "surrenders his whole being" by Asad; "submits himself entirely" by Malik and Shakir; "surrendereth his purpose" by Pickthall.

4. Submitting one's whole self to Allah (literally; "The God") and the righteousness of deeds are the basic fundamental requirements to shield and protect oneself from the fear and the grief of Hell Fire. There is no mention of prophet Jesus or Muhammad (p.b.u.t.) in the text. (NB: that does not mean that you can deny prophets if you heard of their message)

5. The reward of Paradise is not mentioned but the absence of its assurance does not indicate that the Hell Fire is the only alternative.

6. Allah's promise to mankind; "on such shall be no fear nor shall they grieve" is repeated several times in the Qur'an. Below is one such verse. I have presented TWO translations for this important verse:

Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
Translation by M. H. Shakir Qur'an 2: 62

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who
follow the Jewish (Scriptures), and the Christians and
the Sabians, any who believe in Allah and the last day,
and work righteousness, shall have their reward with
their Lord; on them shall be no fear nor shall they
grieve.
Translation by Yusuf Ali Qur'an 2: 62

(NB: Again, as long as no prophet's message was rejected nor any associate given to Allah)

Commentary to the above verse by Abdullah Yusuf Ali:

CF. ii. 38, where the same phrase occurs. And it recurs again and again afterwards. The point of the verse is that Islam does not teach an exclusive doctrine, and is not meant exclusively for one people. The Jews claimed this for themselves, and the Christians in their own origin were a sect of the Jews. Even the modern organized Christian churches, though they have been, consciously or unconsciously, influenced by the Time-spirit, including the historical fact of Islam, yet cling to the idea of Vicarious Atonement, which means that all who do not believe in it or who lived previously to the death of Christ are at a disadvantage spiritually before the Throne of God. The attitude of Islam is entirely different. Islam existed before the preaching of Muhammad on this earth; the Qur'an expressly calls Abraham a Muslim (iii. 67). Its teaching (submission to God's will) has been and will be the teaching of Religion for all time and for all peoples.

The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His will)...
If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah) never will it be accepted of him...
Qur'an 3: 19 and 85 Translations by A. Yusuf Ali

Lo! religion with Allah (is) The Surrender (to His will and
guidance)...
And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him...

Qur'an 3: 19 and 85 Translations by M. M. Pickthall

The following verse from the Qur'an proves that Islam existed before the preaching of prophet Muhammad.

Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian but he was true in faith and bowed his will to Allah's (which is Islam) and he joined not gods with Allah.
Qur'an 3: 67 Translation by A. Yusuf Ali

RECITING SHAHADAH BEFORE DEATH DOES NOT WARRANT AUTOMATIC ENTRY TO PARADISE...

Do you think that you will enter paradise without
going through the trial? Allah has not yet tested you
to see who among you strive hard for His cause and
who show patience in adversity.
Qur'an 3: 142

Those who faithfully observe their trust and their covenants; And who (strictly) guard their prayers. Those will be the inheritors that will inherit Paradise. They will dwell therein (forever). Qur'an 23: 8-11

And whoso doeth good works, whether of male or female, and he (or she) is a believer, such will enter paradise and they will not be wronged the dint in a date stone.
Qur'an 4: 124

WHOSE ENTRY FOR SURE IS FORBIDDEN?

Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden Paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evildoers there will be no helpers. Qur'an 5: 72

The above verse does not exclude those who claim to be Muslims, recite the verses of Surah Fatihah and yet ascribe partners unto Allah and do seek HELP from the living and/or dead saints and/or individuals.

A noteworthy Verse for the PARADISE:

I am reproducing this verse without any comments and leave it to your own faith imaan and understanding hidayyah to do the interpretation:

The Day that He assembles you (all) for a day of Assembly that will be a day of mutual loss and gain (among you). And those who believe in Allah and work righteousness He will remove from them their ills and He will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow to dwell therein forever: that will be the Supreme Achievement.
Holy Qur'an 64:9 Translation by Yusuf Ali

:salah:

author :
Akbarally Meherally

tom_

Hi again,

Hi konrad16660,

The first questions which have to be answered in every humans life are

"Who has created me ? And what does HE / the Creator want from me ? Or Why does He created me ?"

I want to make an addition at this point:

Everyone should be able to ask at least this basical question to himself by using intelligence wherever he or she lives and in that connection he or she can get important conclusions about life and creation.
Abraham (a.s) and Muhammad (s.a.w.) peace be upon both of them also came before they had become prophets by only analyzing the creation logically to the result that only one might could be their god.

Maybe a person who had never access to quran because of certain circumstances is only responsible to ask himself this basical w-questions about his existence and find the answers here for .That would be sufficient for him maybe. (Allahu alem).
Fact is that:

2/286. On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

Anyways please answer honestly to these questions, thanks so much![/

QUOTE]

there isn't any form of reincarnation in the religion of islam. we have one life and one life only. this life requires that we follow and obey the laws of Allah SWT and follow the sunnah of his messenger Muhammad :saw2:. also how can life be special or be of value if people come back to life in another body, sometimes believed to be the bodies of animals too? sins like murder or abortion would be irrelevant and be permissible. due to the fact that someone will have life again. also reincarnation leads to shirk, something that Allah SWT definitely doesn't approve of. there aren't any other chances after this life. if there were, what would be the point in living a righteous life if the non righteous get another chance to be where the righteous go? it's like the rightheous pay to get into the theater while the unrighteous sneak in get caught and are still allowed to see the movie without paying for it.

whether one doesn't believe hell doesn't get rid of the reality that hell does indeed exist. imagine someone pointed a gun at someone, and the person holding the gun says " i'm going to shoot you " should the other person laugh and say that he doesn't believe in guns? no of course not, why? because his lack of belief in guns doesn't get rid of the reality that guns do exist. it's the same with the belief in hell.

the quran is loaded with references to hell, furthermore the hadiths of our prophet:saw2: also mention hell and the suffering that will take place there. the quran and the sunnah are the guidbooks to keep us from entering hell.

Allah SWT has sent messengers throughout mankind. because he is a god of justice. before the quran people had their prophets and messengers. and their prophets had their particular sunnah. however, the people strayed from the sunnah of their messengers. today in the year 2007 there aren't many people that haven't heard of islam. the world has so much access to the knowledge of islam. more and more people are not going to be able to use the excuse that they never heard about islam. we should be most concerned about our own personal standing with Allah SWT. especially since we cannot guarantee that we can help anybody enter jannah. :wasalam:

konrad16660

I want to thank everyone for their feedback. It has helped me a great deal. I am still reading the Qur'an and I am not finished, but I do having burning questions at times. I am much clearer on my questions. I wonder sometimes what my point is on the earth, and not to be too pompous wonder why it is that god put us on this earth. Our purpose, aside from worship.
Anyways I want to thank everyone again for taking the time to help me along my way!
:SMILY288: :SMILY82: :SMILY82: :SMILY82:

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

The reincarnation belief is based upon repeated earlier lives in different moulds including human moulds of a human being. It says that a human being can and does go back to other forms of lives in this world according to his deeds in the present life, while the evolution theory does not talk of re-birth of a human being in this world in any form. Reincarnation is not a valid concept in any religion including hinduism. It has just creeped into hindu society like trinity in christians. Hindu scriptures does not support this ideas as well.

Quran has at many places argued with the disbelievers of life after death that it is possible for God to bring back to life, those who are dead, as He revives the dead earth and creates life out of dead through rains. Some people may take this as a sign of reincarnation in Islam but Quran is clear about it.

Quran in no uncertain words mentions that no one will ever be given a chance to mend his deeds in this world after he is dead. See the following verses: “Every living being shall taste death, then unto Us you will be returned” (29:57)

Until when death comes to a wrongdoer, he will say: ‘Lord let me go back, that I may do good works in the world I have left behind’. Never! It is only a word which he will speak. Behind them, there shall stand a barrier till the Day of Resurrection”. (23:99-100)

“And spend of that with which we have provided you before death befalls any of you and he says: ‘Reprieve me my Lord a while that I may give in charity and be among righteous’. But Allah reprieves no soul when its term expires and Allah has knowledge of all your actions”. (63:10-11)

The writer has also mentioned the following verse: “How can you deny Allah! (Do you not reflect that) He gave you life when you were dead. Then he will cause you to die and then restore you to life and then unto Him you will be returned.” (2:28)

Also some one can argue that “The word ‘you were dead’ can only mean that we had lived before becoming dead. However, ‘Dead’ is very commonly used for Non-living things. It does not necessarily mean that you were alive before being a Non-living thing or dead. Qur’an often elucidates a part of a verse at other places so that no room for ambiguity is left. If you go through the following verse, you can see how Islam is clear of reincarnation. “They (the unbelievers) will say: ‘Our Lord! Twice you have caused us death and twice you have given us life. We now confess our sins. Is there any way out (now)”? (40:11)

See that the disbelievers will not say that they have been through many human lives. The state of being twice dead and twice alive can now be understood from the above two verses. The first state of death was before coming to live as human in this world for the first (and last) time. The second state of death is the death after the only one human life in this world and the second living is eternal life in the Hereafter of course.

For more details about two deaths please watch this video:

[yt]PMrBzriHd9g[/yt]

[yt]9urogxuQvgc[/yt]

The Theory of transmigration of Souls popularly known as Avagaman or Punarjanam is non-existent even in the Hindu Scriptures as well. For details see this thread.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13710

Regarding going to hell, it all depends upon what kind of deed you did in your life. Even being Msulim if ones deeds are evil he may end up in hell. Heaven and Hell belong to God, and He decides who goes where and for how long. When we speak about this issue, we must not make any firm statement, because we do not know who earns God's forgiveness, and who incurs His punishment. Even if we see someone committing many types of sin, we do not know how he will be and what he will do towards the end of his life. He may do some good actions, with a pure heart and total dedication. That may earn him God's forgiveness, and perhaps a rich reward. In the Quran, God tells us that everyone, no matter who he is, will be certain to come close to Hell, but then people will be either saved or left there.

"By your Lord, We shall most certainly bring them forth together with the evil ones, and then We shall most certainly gather them, on their knees, around Hell: and thereupon We shall drag out from every group those who had been most obstinate in their rebellion against the Most Gracious. For, indeed, We know best who most deserves to be burned in the fire of Hell. There is not one among you who shall not pass over it: this is, for your Lord, a decree that must be fulfilled. But We shall save those who are God-fearing, and leave the wrongdoers there, on their knees." There is a clear reference here to people going out of Hell after having gone into it. Moreover, the Prophet (Pbuh) says: "A person with even an atom-weight of faith shall not remain in Hell." This Hadith tells us that no matter how great one's sins are and how weak one's faith is, a person will not stay in Hell for ever, if he or she believes in God's oneness.

About physical hell being present i dont see that is something difficult or illogical. When God can create this much big universe why can he assign a portion of its creation to hell or paradise. If someone was to ask a question how God can make so many paradise, or where all those paradise will fit since each beleiver will get a paradise as large as earth or more. So in order to understand this first we have to consider the size of universe atleast. Human has not yet reached to the end of universe but whatever he has known is attached in the link below:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13082

I wonder sometimes what my point is on the earth, and not to be too pompous wonder why it is that god put us on this earth. Our purpose, aside from worship.

Purpose of creation: God of the universe is the greatest. But greatness is a relative word. Unless there are others who are lesser, there can not be a ‘greatest.’ Moreover, greatness would merely be a word if it is not recognized, or better still, realized in its possessor. For the realization of greatness of the Greatest, it was essential that there were others capable of realizing Him. So He created and the main target of His creation were beings of such intellect and wisdom that would be capable of realizing Him. Again, the recognition and realization would have no meaning unless those beings were granted the liberty of choice between the submission to and rejection of the truth. This leads us to the logical conclusion that the creation of human beings was the ultimate purpose of all creation. After the human beings were granted the liberty of choice, it would also be essential that those fulfilling their purpose of creation should be distinguished from those who fail.
God wants pure/pious souls to enter the paradise. God could have direclty sent souls into paradise or hell but God is just. He sent us to earth for test and our actions will become proof /justification for ourselves to enter into paradise or hell.

The earthly life is the testing ground before placing the worthy and unworthy in their respective abodes in the real and eternal life. The other beings in this world are to make possible the existence of the human. God created other living and non-living things so that each human being could survive for an appointed time till his transfer to the other world. So brother, our God is the same God who created living creatures and others for our benefit. He established and maintained a balance between all his creation. The balance is based on His divine laws, which are not to be transgressed. Man may tame and use these creatures such as animals for his benefit as he may tame other forces of nature. Man’s diet has been destined as only the living beings but distinction has been made by the creator Himself between different living-beings according to their grades and class. The animals are superior to plants which can be sacrificed for them while plants and animals both can be sacrificed for man. Not all but only the prescribed and permitted animals can be sacrificed for man in a prescribed manner which includes thanking God for His permission.

God who created man did not leave him alone to come out of darkness through mere intellectual conjectures and discussions. He sent exact guidance to mankind in all ages and places in their respective languages through His chosen ones, the prophets. Although the previous scriptures even in their present form, verify what I have described earlier, His last and unadulterated Word informed us: “It was not in sport that We created the heavens and the earth and all that lies between them. Had it been Our will to find a pastime We could have found one near at hand if We were to do it”. (21:16-17)

Do you not see how Allah has subjected to you all that the heavens and the earth contain and lavished on you both His visible and unseen favours? Yet some would argue about Allah without knowledge or guidance or illuminating scriptures”. (31:20)

Worshiping Allah does not mean just doing prayers as a physical ritual but each action devoted to Allah is regarded as worship. What God desires of man, first and foremost, is that he displays humility in His presence. It is this attitude, which is called worship. But man has not been created in a vacuum; he has rather been placed in a world full of diverse circumstances. It is necessary that this spirit of worship should be evinced no matter what circumstances he faces in this world.

1) The first aspect of this relates to his own person. In the course of normal living, whenever he is faced with two options, one path leading to God and the other leading to self and false gods. His spirit of worship compels him at that point to renounce the latter path and take the one which is pointed out to him by God. This happens when he has surrendered his being in all respects, in the physical as well as the spiritual, before the God to whom he has already bowed psychologically. This manifestation of worship is relative to one’s own self, another name for which is submission. Occasions for such submission will occur at home, in the office, in the market, in parliament and in all other such places where the faithful may be faced with making a choice between godly and ungodly ways.
The second aspect of worship relates to the external world, that is, to non-Muslims. The precarious conditions of all those inhabitants of this world who have not yet established contact with their Lord, and, as a result, are drifting to a dangerous end in the hereafter, forces the believer to bring them to that path of worship which he has chosen for himself. It is this aspect of worship which manifests itself in relation to the common man. Another name for this duty of the believer is bearing witness to the truth or conveying the message of the Lord. The faithful are expected to obey the commandments of God so far as their own selves are concerned. And in relation to non-Muslims they are responsible for conveying the God’s message to them.

Now let us take the first manifestation of worship, i.e. submission. It can be divided into two major categories: the individual and collective (or social). Individual obedience means obeying God in those matters, which are related to the personal life of the faithful. It covers all those commandments which pertain to morals and dealings with men, like speaking the truth, keeping one’s promise, being honest and trustworthy, upholding justice and equality, being hospitable, giving full measure, paying everyone their due, being a well-wisher of all and even removing a harmful stone from the road, in short, all those virtues which are related to man’s personal life and all those situations in which man must make his own ethical decisions. In all such cases, compliance with divine injunctions means submitting individually, surrendering to the will of God in his own personal affairs. A Muslim is not allowed to disobey God once he knows God’s commandments in relation to his personal life, and once he is in position to obey them.

“It is not for true believes — men or women — to take their choice in their affairs if Allah and this apostle decree otherwise. He that disobeys Allah and His Apostle strays for indeed” (33:36).

This individual obedience to God is an obligation on every believer. No man can ever be regarded as a worshipper in the eyes of God unless in his practical life he obeys the commandments of God, which have been imposed upon him in relation to all earthly matters. If “worship” in its spiritual connotation means submission of the inner self then in external respects man is required to make a complete surrender to God of his outward self (as opposed to his soul). In other words, man should mould his external life entirely on the pattern indicated by God. It is the duty of all believing men and all believing women to reject other inducements and to submit totally to God in all matters that they face in this life:

“O believers, submit all of you wholeheartedly, and do not walk in Satan’s footsteps; he is your sworn enemy“ (2:208).

The second category of commandments, for which we have chosen the title ‘Ita‘ah’ (submission), may be termed social commandments. These are commandments the obeying of which does not depend upon the will of an individual believers. These can be carried out only when the whole of society is willing to obey them. That is why God has always sent such commandments only when the believers had already established a political organization among themselves, and when they were in a position to enforce such social laws. Thus the social laws of the Shari’ah are addressed to any Muslim society, which is invested with authority, rather than to individuals who have no political power.

We find in the history of the Israelites that so long as they were under the rule of the Copts of Egypt, they were not given the legal commandments, which appear in the Old Testament.
Only when they had left Egypt for the Sinai desert and acquired the status of an independent, authority-invested group, did God sent His laws to them (Exodus 15:25). Exactly the same course was adopted in Arabia. During the Meccan period, when the faithful a minority with no authority, only the basic part of the Shari’ah was revealed, for the establishment of which no political power was required. Every Muslim could adopt those laws in his life by his own personal decision. The rest of the Shari’ah continued to be revealed according to the circumstances. That is to say, detailed commandments regarding social life were given in Medina once the faithful had acquired temporal authority there.

Thus we see that when we say Allah created us for his worship, its actual meaning is much broader than one may think and you can see how it fits into "purpose of Creation" by Allah.

Regards