Quotes From The Salaf

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Ka’b would say, “Tooba is for them, Tooba is for them!

It was asked of him, “Aboo Ishaaq, who are they?

He replied, “Tooba is for them; when they are seen, they are not invited; if they offer their hand in marriage, it is not accepted; when they die, they are not missed.“

Idris16

GOOD THREAD!

Imaam Maalik said: "i have met people in my city who seem the most righteous but they went out and started exposing people, so Allaah made their faults apparent. I know other people who have faults but because they are quiet, Allaah caused people to forget their faults."

Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee said: "Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at loss for response but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

‘Abdullaah Ibn Muhammad Ibn Manaazil said: “The Believer seeks excuses for his brothers, and the hypocrite seeks the mistakes for his brothers.” [Ash-Shu’ab, 7/11197]

"The idiot talks to me in the ugliest manner. And I do not like to give him an answer. His increase in stupidity increases my forbearance just like oud, when burnt more, gives more fragrance." [Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imaam Muqbil Ibn Haadi Al-Waadi’ee said: “So let my enemies say what they will for my sins are many, and perhaps because of their backbiting and slander my sins will be lightened and instead fall upon their shoulders “

Imaam Ash-Shaafi’ee said: ”Let not your tongue mention the shame of another, for you yourself are covered in shame, and all men have tongues. If your eye falls upon the sin of your brother, shield them and say ‘O my eye all men have eyes‘.”

‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab said: “Do not think badly of a word uttered by your brother, when you can find a good interpretation for it.”
[Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 26/365]

Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee said, "Do not love the ones who do not love Allaah. If they can leave Allaah they can leave you."

Ibn Al-Jawzee said: “A person who truly fears his Lord does not care about others and does not put himself in a position where his religion is at risk.” ["Sincere Counsel To Students Of Sacred Knowledge" by Ibn Al-Jawzee, p.72]

SubhanAllah, amazing quotes, it helps me to stay stronger, especially this: "The idiot talks to me in the ugliest manner. And I do not like to give him an answer. His increase in stupidity increases my forbearance just like oud, when burnt more, gives more fragrance." [Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee]

Sometimes it happens I dont come for time for some salat like Asr, maghrib or any other salat, yet there's some guy who asks me about this in a rude way, someone else might ask me out of all people how come i didnt come salat al-fajr yesterday or two days ago etc, its like they are looking out for my faults, or someone else has talked to me asking if i was too hungry and was it why i didnt break my fast in the masjid etc... So this quote helps me:

‘Abdullaah Ibn Muhammad Ibn Manaazil said: “The Believer seeks excuses for his brothers, and the hypocrite seeks the mistakes for his brothers.” [Ash-Shu’ab, 7/11197]