3} after your death {by helping your family}.”

Naima Ali

Ali ibn Abi Talib said:

“A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested on three occasions:

1} In a time of need,
2} When you are not in his presence {behind your back}, and
3} after your death {by helping your family}.”

:salam2:

:jazaak: thank you for sharing it ,its awsome brother.:)

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Aboo Al-Jawzaa (d. 83H) said,

"That I should sit with pigs is more beloved to me than that I should sit with anyone from the innovated sects."
[Al-Hilyah, 3/78]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Aboo Haatim Ar-Raazee said:

"The sign of Ahlul Bid'ah (the people of innovation) is that they attack those who cling to the narrations."​

[Usool Al-'Itiqaad, 2/179]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Aboo Nasr Ibn Salaam Al-Faqeeh said:

"There is nothing more severe (burdensome) upon the Ahlul-Ilhaad (the people of deviation) and nothing is more detestable to them than listening to the hadeeth and its being mentioned with its chain of narration."
[Sharf Ashaabil Hadeeth, p.73]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Ahmad Ibn Sinaan Al-Qattaan said:

"There is no innovator in this world except that he detests the Ahlul-Hadeeth (the people of hadeth). So when a man innovates (into the religion) the sweetness of the hadeeth is removed from his heart."
[Sharf Ashaabil Hadeeth, p.73]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Sa'eed Ibn Jubayr said,

"For my son to accompany a wicked sinner is more beloved to me than for him to accompany an innovator who performs great worship."
[Ash-Sharh Wal-Ibaanah, p.149]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Ayoob As-Sakhtiyaanee said,

"Indeed the death of a man rom the people of the sunnah reaches me and I feel as if I have lost one of my limbs."
[Al-Hilyah, 3/9]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Once, one of the Salaf gave his friends some advice saying:

“When you leave me then split up; so perhaps one of you will read some Quraan in the road, because whenever you meet up with each other you talk.”
[Saydul Khaatir, p.480]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
“If you want to benefit from the Qur’aan, gather your heart when it is recited, focus your hearing, and act like you are being directly addressed by Allaah.”

Ibn al-Qayyim Rahimahullah

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Aboo Bakr Ibn ‘Ayyaash said:

“If a dirham fell and got lost from one of them, he would spend his entire day saying, ‘Verily to Allaah we belong, my dirham is lost!‘ But he wouldn’t say, ‘My day has gone by and I haven’t accomplished anything!‘ “
[Al-Hilyah, 8/303]

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee said:

"Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at loss for response but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."​

:salam2: Brother,
This is an AWESOME thread :)
I love this one above...

Some dont have any references... Where do you get these, are they authenticated?

Barakallah feek... I will tag it and read all of them in time Inshallah.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
:salam2: Brother,
This is an AWESOME thread :)
I love this one above...

Some dont have any references... Where do you get these, are they authenticated?

Barakallah feek... I will tag it and read all of them in time Inshallah.

Sorry I cannot even remember where I got that one from. Sometimes I read something which interests me so I write it down, but sometimes I forget to write the quote down as well, so trying to find the source of that quote again becomes very difficult coz of the millions of places it could have come from....

and yes all are authentic...

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab said:

“The happiest of people is the one under whose care people are happy because of him, and the most miserable of people is the one under whose care people are miserable because of him.”
[Manaaqib 'Umar, by Ibn Al-Jawzee, p.130]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

“We used to say that this Ummah will be doomed by knowledgeable hypocrites.”
[Al-Wilaayah 'Alaa Al-Buldaan, 1/142]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab would write to his governors during his caliphate and say:

“The most important of your affairs in my view is prayer; whoever prays regularly has protected his faith, but whoever neglects it, is bound to be more negligent in other issues of faith.”
[At-Taareeqah Al-Hakamiyah, p.240]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

“Do not put off today’s work until tomorrow, lest work accumulate and you achieve nothing.”​

[Munaaqib Ameer Al-Mu'mineen, by Ibn Al-Jawzee, p.129]

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

“Ask Allaah for help against your evil whims and desires just as you ask Him for help against your enemies.”​

[Al-Faarooq 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, by Muhammad Rasheed Rida, p. 119]