Report: over 5,000 Palestinians killed by the Israeli army since 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Date: 21 / 02 / 2007 Time: 16:00

Bethlehem - Ma'an - Since the outbreak of the second Palestinian Intifada in September 2000, until late January 2007, the Israeli army has killed 5,050 Palestinian men, women and children, wounded 49,760 others and detained 10,4000 others, a report by the Palestinian Authority-run 'Palestinian State Information Service' has revealed.

The report, which was prepared by the Palestinian National Information Center, part of the PSIS, showed that 351 Palestinian women have been killed, 150 patients have died at checkpoints and 66 others have been killed due to beating by Israeli settlers. 36 medical staff have been killed, 9 members of the press, and 220 sportsmen.

According to the report, the number of Palestinians detained by the Israeli army authorities has risen to 10,400 including 553 detained prior to the outbreak of the Intifada.

Among the prisoners there have been 1,150 suffering from chronic diseases, 1,175 students, 330 under the age of 18, 106 teachers and 118 female prisoners.

In terms of damage to Palestinian public buildings, the report states that 645 civil and security installations have been damaged, 72,437 houses have been partially and completely damaged until July 31, 2006.

12 Palestinian schools and universities had been sealed off by the Israeli authorities up to August, 8, 2006. 359 schools had been shelled and 43 schools had been turned into military outposts, according to PSIS's data.

848 students and educational staff were also shot dead by the Israeli army during the reporting period and 4,792 were wounded.

As for Palestinian farmland, until July 31, 2006, the report states that 13,572,896 trees were uprooted, 784 stores demolished, 15,549 bee hives and 1,360 water wells destroyed, and 207 farmers' houses demolished.

Concerning unemployment, the report stated that 30.3 % of the Palestinian workforce has been unemployed, totaling some 288,300 persons, until September 30, 2006. At the same time, ISIS says the poverty rate across the occupied Palestinian territories has reached 70%, according to data gathered until the third quarter of 2006.

As for Israeli violations against journalists, the report recorded 1,147 attacks.

The report also recorded that the Israeli army has erected 5,001 checkpoints since October 1, 2001.

The report concluded that a total of 247,291 dunums of Palestinian-owned lands has been confiscated for the construction of the separation wall in the West Bank and east Jerusalem.

Source: http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=19746

Globalpeace

Banned
Injured toes!

Fabs,

O! Did they forget to mention 2 Israeli soldiers who injured their toes while trying to kick Palestinians on the head!...Israeli Army should really do something about foot protection!; This is a serious Health & Safety Issue.

And I agree that this is unfair converage...I mean come on how did they miss out on injured toes...

About six months in Jenin they also failed to mention 3 Israeli who got dehydration while trying to bulldoze all those houses in hot Middle-East sun...

Man! Where is Fairness & Justice these days!

.... So no Israelis have died?

F

fabs

The answer is over 1000 Israelis have died. Many in cowardly suicide bombings on public buses killing women and children. Many in lone attacks on civilian houses. Yes and of course when the Israeli army responds, soldiers have died as well. The question is though, why don't these 'martyrs' attack military targets first and foremost?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
The answer is over 1000 Israelis have died. Many in cowardly suicide bombings on public buses killing women and children. Many in lone attacks on civilian houses. Yes and of course when the Israeli army responds, soldiers have died as well. The question is though, why don't these 'martyrs' attack military targets first and foremost?

The truth is than less than 500 hundred Isrealis have died on those martydom operations against zionists. Most of them have been soldiers or settlers whose are living in the illegal settlements in the occupied areas of Palestine occupied 1948 (Yes, every settlements in the West Bank are illegal by the International Laws).

You call martydom operations as cowardly operations? I would call real coward those whose are sitting in the tanks and kill Palestinian children by them. Shame on you...

Globalpeace

Banned
Fabs,

I am with you man; I agree. I have already said that Palestinian civilians should just lay low and die! I mean whats the point of all this?

Maybe they need more "19 year olds" from Brussels as advisors?

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
fabs,
whatever they want to call it, it is war over there. Atrocities are always committed. I mentioned my position about Israel on a post a few days ago. I understand the Jews claim Palestine/Israel as their homeland. But what of the Arabs there? If the diaspora happened what, 1800 years ago, don't those arabs that have lived there for nearly two millenia have an equal or greater claim to that land?

As for the suicide bombings, I don't agree. Those who use those tactics say that these are all that are left to them to fight the Israelis. As a former soldier I will say that these are very effective, albeit loathsome, strategies. They are exactly like our fire bombings of Dresden in WWII, except in miniature.

Some of my sisters or brothers who know Qu'aran better than me, help me out here. Isn't there something in the Qu'aran about never killing a woman, a child, an old person, or cutting down a green tree?

F

fabs

fabs,
whatever they want to call it, it is war over there. Atrocities are always committed. I mentioned my position about Israel on a post a few days ago. I understand the Jews claim Palestine/Israel as their homeland. But what of the Arabs there? If the diaspora happened what, 1800 years ago, don't those arabs that have lived there for nearly two millenia have an equal or greater claim to that land?

As for the suicide bombings, I don't agree. Those who use those tactics say that these are all that are left to them to fight the Israelis. As a former soldier I will say that these are very effective, albeit loathsome, strategies. They are exactly like our fire bombings of Dresden in WWII, except in miniature.

Some of my sisters or brothers who know Qu'aran better than me, help me out here. Isn't there something in the Qu'aran about never killing a woman, a child, an old person, or cutting down a green tree?

Why can't European Muslims take an example from their American counterparts on moderation? Fair enough, suicide bombing is effective insofar as it causes terror among the general population. People that praise this however are blind to human values. Yes the Israeli army does kill civilians from time to time in operations, but they don't expressly target civilians the way these groups do.

F

fabs

The truth is than less than 500 hundred Isrealis have died on those martydom operations against zionists. Most of them have been soldiers or settlers whose are living in the illegal settlements in the occupied areas of Palestine occupied 1948 (Yes, every settlements in the West Bank are illegal by the International Laws).

You call martydom operations as cowardly operations? I would call real coward those whose are sitting in the tanks and kill Palestinian children by them. Shame on you...

'Martyrdom operations'? You make me sick. Perhaps you'd like someone to climb into the bus you take on a regular basis and kill you along with other innocent people.
No, the victims have been young people lining up to enter a disco in Tel Aviv, not Zionists, commuting passengers, not Zionists, children heading to school, not Zionists, shoppers in a mall, not Zionists. The list can go on and on...

Here are some examples if you dare look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hamas_suicide_attacks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_Islamic_Jihad_suicide_attacks

How 'Islamic' are such attacks would you tell me please?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
By the international law (by so-called western democracy); occupation and its crimes are illegal and military resistance against this occupation is legal. Those 5000 were civilians BY INTERNATIONAL LAW! Whose murdered them were heavy armed soldiers supported by the USA.

Shame on you if you support those butchers.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
And about Wikipedia... it is fully zionist owned media organization, telling you full dis-information. Don´t trust it too much...

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: Who are you ? were are you from ?are you too blind to see?I cannot believe that there is people blind enough to talk like that.Who are you to judge what is happening in this land,?:angryblue:
Why can't European Muslims take an example from their American counterparts on moderation? Fair enough, suicide bombing is effective insofar as it causes terror among the general population. People that praise this however are blind to human values. Yes the Israeli army does kill civilians from time to time in operations, but they don't expressly target civilians the way these groups do.

F

fabs

By the international law (by so-called western democracy); occupation and its crimes are illegal and military resistance against this occupation is legal. Those 5000 were civilians BY INTERNATIONAL LAW! Whose murdered them were heavy armed soldiers supported by the USA.

Shame on you if you support those butchers.

I expect you didn't check the links I gave. I didn't expect any better...
So they kill some of our civilians so lets kill some of theirs? How is an end in sight with logic such as this. Still my argument is, ISraelis don't target the innocent civilians, the terrorist groups do.
By International Law, violent attacks against a sovereign state, especially by a non-state entity, are illegal. Attacks against innocent civilians are certainly illegal in anyone's book.
Quite frankly when I see what Israel is up against, I'm glad the US ships it weapons. How else to fight against those that hide among civilians? Against those that hold up in churches(example: Church of the Nativity)?

F

fabs

And about Wikipedia... it is fully zionist owned media organization, telling you full dis-information. Don´t trust it too much...

Yes everything is owned by the Zionists! This site too is owned by the Zionists I'm sure. I'm sure there were no suicide bombings, and it was all made up.
I'm sure there really are no empty chairs at families' dinner tables....

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

fabs

:salam2: Who are you ? were are you from ?are you too blind to see?I cannot believe that there is people blind enough to talk like that.Who are you to judge what is happening in this land,?:angryblue:

Excuse me if I decide not to give you my address, but I live much closer to you than you think.

do you know brother what is the character of a pig?

a pig want to live in a dirty place.

if you will give a pig good food , he will dislike it.

if you bring a pig in a garten , he will not go to flowers, he will go to the most dirtiest place of that garden.

sooo my dear brother and sister why dont you leave alone my brother fabs to tell his opinion and let him also accept whatever he wants.

for him 5000 people dont have any value but those 1000 jews are valuble for him as like his family member or more then a diamond.

F

fabs

do you know brother what is the character of a pig?

a pig want to live in a dirty place.

if you will give a pig good food , he will dislike it.

if you bring a pig in a garten , he will not go to flowers, he will go to the most dirtiest place of that garden.

sooo my dear brother and sister why dont you leave alone my brother fabs to tell his opinion and let him also accept whatever he wants.

for him 5000 people dont have any value but those 1000 jews are valuble for him as like his family member or more then a diamond.

Don't put words in my mouth, the other 5000 are human beings that died in the conflict and they had every bit a right to live as well.
But the 1000 Israelis weren't even mentioned by the person that started the thread, so I mentioned them, thats all.

Don't put words in my mouth, the other 5000 are human beings that died in the conflict and they had every bit a right to live as well.
But the 1000 Israelis weren't even mentioned by the person that started the thread, so I mentioned them, thats all.

there are enough people like you to mention about those 1000 people or isnt it?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Salaam alaykum

I agree with you but people like him never be quiet and will tell their opinions to the rest of the world who might to listen them and believe they words are true.

so...
Yes everything is owned by the Zionists! This site too is owned by the Zionists I'm sure....

So, why an earth you will send here kind of crab from the butchers of children? Killers and rapers of women? Persons whose torture men in prisons?

Do you think those 5000 were not human too? :SMILY286: They all were fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers...

:SMILY286:

Status
Not open for further replies.