REVERTS NEED CONVERSION CERTIFICATE

revert2007

Love Fishing
My apologies, i did not mean you as in you per se... i was talking generally. But Alhamdulillah it is good that you fought to keep your dads name :)

Thanks to all for explaining in details how the names change and why it is done. Very enlightening Mashallah.
ok understood lol

ur welcome :SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259:

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
barakallahufiki sister for reminding every one , I forgot to submit my certificate when I applied for a visia for hajj and had to get it done as well, even though my photo was with my hijab they wanted a conversion cert. as well,
take care
w/salams

DanyalSAC

barakallahufiki sister for reminding every one , I forgot to submit my certificate when I applied for a visia for hajj and had to get it done as well, even though my photo was with my hijab they wanted a conversion cert. as well,
take care
w/salams

Yeah that's pretty much really the only time a convert would need one.

I would highly HIGHLY recommend a wasiah (a will & testiment) be a priority as well.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
is this Sunnah? did Khalid bin Walid get a certificate when he converted in front of the Prophet pbuh?

Do you think so?

Today this is administrative requirement only. There will be ugly courtroom battle the dead body of revert will have to go through (quite familiar in M'sia) whenever the certificate is missing from the revert. I'm sure similar battle do not occur during Prophet's time.

DanyalSAC

Do you think so?

Today this is administrative requirement only. There will be ugly courtroom battle the dead body of revert will have to go through (quite familiar in M'sia) whenever the certificate is missing from the revert. I'm sure similar battle do not occur during Prophet's time.

Here in the United States a certificate of conversion is not a legally binding document of any kind. If a convert dies, subhanuAllah, they must have a legal will stating they wish to be buried as a Muslim. I am a single (unmarried) convert. I have a certificate of conversion. If I die my family could bury me as a Catholic because I have nothing stating I wish otherwise, except for the fact my family knows I'm Muslim and know I am to be buried as one.

My certificate will be proof to allow me to enter Makkah, inshallah. But that's about the limit of what I would use it for.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Here in the United States a certificate of conversion is not a legally binding document of any kind. If a convert dies, subhanuAllah, they must have a legal will stating they wish to be buried as a Muslim. I am a single (unmarried) convert. I have a certificate of conversion. If I die my family could bury me as a Catholic because I have nothing stating I wish otherwise, except for the fact my family knows I'm Muslim and know I am to be buried as one.

My certificate will be proof to allow me to enter Makkah, inshallah. But that's about the limit of what I would use it for.

will different country has different rullings..so if in USA it is important to hv a will then all reverts from USA or any other europe countries should have it as well...Thanx for telling this :)