salafism

Status
Not open for further replies.

joldas

Banned
:salam2:

It is not permissible for one to keep sticking to one madhab. You can follow one madhab for matters of fiqh etc. But if you find anything that is not from Qur'an and Sunnah, then you take which is better. In fact, none of this four imams asked people to follow them alone. They were upon the sunnah. Infact, Abu Hanifa Rahimahullah said that when a Hadith is found to be authentic, that is my Madhab. Same applies to any scholar. Take from them if they are upon the Qur'an and Sunnah and if they provide you the proof. It is not fitna. It is what we are supposed to do. And knowledge is never "enough". We are obligated to strive to know more and act upon it.

this is the source of fitna and why western america love to boost wahabbi and salafi ideaology.

by that they can be able to let muslim people argue on ayat of quran and on hadiths which forbidden by Allah and break continued muslim unite, while they doing so, the will hit their political or sth. else target.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

"Salafi" is not a group, party, sect or organization with that name. Neither something called "salafism" exists. It is no "ism". If a person runs around saying "i am salafi" "i am salafi", his behaviour infact is contradicting his own statement. Salafis don't do that. Salafi is a term to define that we are upon Qur'an and sunnah and we follow the way of salafiyahh and that is what we exactly are supposed to do. If someone asks me "are you a salafi?", I ask them "what do you mean by salafi?, If you mean to ask that I follow the salafiyyah, yes I am a salafi then. But, if your definition of salafi is a "bigoted muslim", no i am not that. I am just a muslim and I follow the salaf.

I hope that makes sense.

This is a good answer.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
@ MohammedMaksudul: I have seen both videos by Br. Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari in the past and I found them very beneficial alhamdulilah.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

I think this thread deserves to be re-opened as it is often a topic full of misconceptions, from two groups of people. Here are some important points that we all need to note:

1) The 'Salafi' scholars- NONE OF THEM say that Taqleed is impermissible for the layman... whether these scholars include Shaykh ibn Baaz, Ibn al-`Uthaymeen, Sh. Saalih al-Fawzaan or even the Lajnah al-Daa'imah (the highest fatwa committee consisting of the major scholars). The laymen is one who does taqleed of whatever scholar (he trusts and finds). Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan categorized people into four categories and the last category is that of the general Muslim (laymen, i.e. all of us)... and he said:

"The fourth category is the one who is unable to do any of the above; neither ijtihaad in an absolute sense nor weighing what is more correct nor following a specific madhhab, such as the ordinary Muslim, for example.

Such a person has to ask the people of knowledge, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “So ask of those who know the Scripture, if you know not” [al-Nahl 16:43]. So he should ask the one who be believes is most trustworthy and the scholar in whom he has the greatest confidence, of those whose knowledge and actions he trusts, and follow his fatwa. "

The above in essence is 'Taqleed'. In a fatwa of the Lajnah al-Daa'imah (Signed by Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Sh. `Abdul Razzaaq al-`Afeefee, Sh. Ibn Ghudayaan etc.), one of the points mentioned was:

Fourthly: Whoever does not have the ability to derive rulings himself is permitted to follow (يجوز له أن يقلد) [do Taqleed off] one whom he feels comfortable following. If he is not comfortable following him then he should ask until he finds someone with whom he is comfortable.

Here is the link to the original fatwa: http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaDetails.aspx?View=Page&PageID=1377&PageNo=1&BookID=3

2) Following one of the four madh-habs is permissible and in fact if a person wants to tread a path in seeking knowledge- then it is advised for him to study books from one particular madh-hab and build up on it untill he becomes a strong student of knowledge or scholar. This was the path that was taken by nearly all the scholars of the past and present. For example, if one was to even see the books that Ibn al-`Uthaymeen studied, teaches and the teachers he studied under- they will know that he was a Hanabli who reached the level of ijtihaad after mastering the madh-hab.

3) There is the other extreme where people obligate laymen to do taqleed of one of the 4 madh-habs. This is not correct, as the according to the majority of scholars... the layman has NO Madh-hab and he just follows whatever scholar he finds trustworthy to follow and he follows them.

4) No one here can claim that they are following the most correct opinion in an issue and no one should ever think that they are able to determine what is the strongest opinion by reading a few fataawa in english. Rather, a person is blind following a scholar, and it is according to THAT specific scholar that such and such is the strongest opinion and not according to YOU. Which essentially means you are blind following him.

So in conclusion, the layman just does taqleed of a scholar he finds to be trustworthy and follows him. If he finds the fatwa of another scholar whom he trusts more in a specific field (for example: Fiqh), then he can choose to do taqleed off him, if he wishes.

5) Lastly, labelling oneself as 'Salafi' sometimes might be too much in the sense that it is like giving a stamp of approval to yourself. If calling onself salafi was such a major issues, the scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah would have called themselves al-Salafi. This labelling should not be a major issue- rather sticking to the understanding of the Salaf is what is required from everyone.

These are some of the points I can remember at the top of my head. It will be great if sister Samiha can add any points I may have missed out on or add some extra stuff to it.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

abdul-aziz

we don't need to get technical about this nor fall into labeling which in itself a self destructing model.

However we can look into what Allah has to say about the believers of la illaha il Allah.

ثُمَّ أَوْرَثْنَا الْكِتَابَ الَّذِينَ اصْطَفَيْنَا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا ۖ فَمِنْهُمْ ظَالِمٌ لِّنَفْسِهِ وَمِنْهُم مُّقْتَصِدٌ وَمِنْهُمْ سَابِقٌ بِالْخَيْرَاتِ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَضْلُ الْكَبِيرُ [٣٥:٣٢]

[Saheeh_International] Then we caused to inherit the Book those We have chosen of Our servants; and among them is he who wrongs himself, and among them is he who is moderate, and among them is he who is foremost in good deeds by permission of Allah. That [inheritance] is what is the great bounty.

[Hilali-Khan] Then We gave the Book the Qur'an) for inheritance to such of Our slaves whom We chose (the followers of Muhammad Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe Wa Sallam). Then of them are some who wrong their ownselves, and of them are some who follow a middle course, and of them are some who are, by Allah's Leave, foremost in good deeds. That (inheritance of the Qur'an), that is indeed a great grace.

[pickthall] Then We gave the Scripture as inheritance unto those whom We elected of Our bondmen. But of them are some who wrong themselves and of them are some who are lukewarm, and of them are some who outstrip (others) through good deeds, by Allah's leave. That is the great favour!

[35:32] Surat Faatir ayah 35. Contextual sequence/relevance of ayat, I beleive include: ayah 27 through ayah 37 of surah Faatir.

[yt]bML8lm-utr8[/yt]

and Allah knows best

:wasalam:

Tomtom

Banned
Surely we don't need madhabs and sectarianism in Islam, how about just the Holy Qur'an and the Hadiths? Simple?

And why do we have to follow any scholar? We should all attain knowledge ourselves from the Holy Qur'an and the hadiths, Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has told us that He will grant us knowledge and wisdom if we seek it. The scholars inadvertantly add their 'opinion' to their philosophy. So ignore the scholars, they are human beings just like you and me.

Ershad

Assalaamu `alaykum

I think this thread deserves to be re-opened as it is often a topic full of misconceptions, from two groups of people. Here are some important points that we all need to note:

1) The 'Salafi' scholars- NONE OF THEM say that Taqleed is impermissible for the layman... whether these scholars include Shaykh ibn Baaz, Ibn al-`Uthaymeen, Sh. Saalih al-Fawzaan or even the Lajnah al-Daa'imah (the highest fatwa committee consisting of the major scholars). The laymen is one who does taqleed of whatever scholar (he trusts and finds). Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan categorized people into four categories and the last category is that of the general Muslim (laymen, i.e. all of us)... and he said:

The above in essence is 'Taqleed'. In a fatwa of the Lajnah al-Daa'imah (Signed by Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Sh. `Abdul Razzaaq al-`Afeefee, Sh. Ibn Ghudayaan etc.), one of the points mentioned was:

Here is the link to the original fatwa: http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaDetails.aspx?View=Page&PageID=1377&PageNo=1&BookID=3

2) Following one of the four madh-habs is permissible and in fact if a person wants to tread a path in seeking knowledge- then it is advised for him to study books from one particular madh-hab and build up on it untill he becomes a strong student of knowledge or scholar. This was the path that was taken by nearly all the scholars of the past and present. For example, if one was to even see the books that Ibn al-`Uthaymeen studied, teaches and the teachers he studied under- they will know that he was a Hanabli who reached the level of ijtihaad after mastering the madh-hab.

3) There is the other extreme where people obligate laymen to do taqleed of one of the 4 madh-habs. This is not correct, as the according to the majority of scholars... the layman has NO Madh-hab and he just follows whatever scholar he finds trustworthy to follow and he follows them.

4) No one here can claim that they are following the most correct opinion in an issue and no one should ever think that they are able to determine what is the strongest opinion by reading a few fataawa in english. Rather, a person is blind following a scholar, and it is according to THAT specific scholar that such and such is the strongest opinion and not according to YOU. Which essentially means you are blind following him.

So in conclusion, the layman just does taqleed of a scholar he finds to be trustworthy and follows him. If he finds the fatwa of another scholar whom he trusts more in a specific field (for example: Fiqh), then he can choose to do taqleed off him, if he wishes.

5) Lastly, labelling oneself as 'Salafi' sometimes might be too much in the sense that it is like giving a stamp of approval to yourself. If calling onself salafi was such a major issues, the scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah would have called themselves al-Salafi. This labelling should not be a major issue- rather sticking to the understanding of the Salaf is what is required from everyone.

These are some of the points I can remember at the top of my head. It will be great if sister Samiha can add any points I may have missed out on or add some extra stuff to it.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Br. Thariq, I agree to whatever you have said. I think you misunderstood what I written before. I meant it is not obligatory for anyone to follow any one of the four madhab.

A seeker of knowledge should not fanatically follow one madhab. That is what I meant. People sometimes adhere to one madhab of their choice and reject all other madhabs.

Link to the fatwa - http://www.alifta.org/Fatawa/Fatawa...kIndex=1&0#BefanaticalaboutaparticularMadhhab .

In anything I have said before, I didn't consider laymen. Infact for people who have no access to sources where they can learn, they can even follow their Imam in mosque and even if they go wrong, there is no blame upon them.
Correct me if I am wrong.

And regarding labelling, that is what I have said before also. If someone gives to much precedence to labelling himself salafi, then he contradicts his claim because a salafi doesn't do that.

Anyway, Jazakallahu Khair for your information.

Ershad

Surely we don't need madhabs and sectarianism in Islam, how about just the Holy Qur'an and the Hadiths? Simple?

And why do we have to follow any scholar? We should all attain knowledge ourselves from the Holy Qur'an and the hadiths, Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has told us that He will grant us knowledge and wisdom if we seek it. The scholars inadvertantly add their 'opinion' to their philosophy. So ignore the scholars, they are human beings just like you and me.

Nobody is asking anyone to obligatorily follow one madhab or scholar. However, it is permissible to follow one. But, the important thing to avoid is fanaticism. That is what causes sects and groups.

And why we need madhabs and scholars? Because not everyone is qualified to do their own Ijtihaad. Atleast not me. If you are qualified to do your own Ijtihaad, you can deduce your legal rulings from Qur'an and Sunnah and you need not adhere to any scholar or madhab.

lovefordeen

wa'alikum assalaam

i had requested this thread to be deleted as i got some of my doubts cleared and i was afraid of fights in this thread...the purpose of my thread had been achieved alhamdulilah...

why i asked about salafism is that in my place in malabar...we used to follow the shafi madhab..there was not much grave worshipping(atleast in my family except in the poor and uneducated classes,..but there was bida and Allah knows best)

..and some years back,salafism came..but it came in the name called 'mujahid'..and now,people are divided...if a son becomes a salafi(or mujahid),the father gets angry with him...now they have seperate mosques ..ashtagfirulah...salafis(called mujahids there) refused to go to sunnni masjids..(sunni is what people who haven't changes are called there)....and salafis say that the sermon has to be delivered in malayalam while sunnis say the qutba in arabic...salafis encourage women to go to mosques for tharaweeh and juma'a while sunnis dont let women enter masjids..these are the major differences between them as far as i know..i don't know the madhab of mujahids in malabar...Allah knows best...

tradtionally,women used to have the wedding inside the house and men outside..masha'Allah...but now,many weddings encourage free mixing with loud music,dancers and singers are brought from outside too...we didn't have all this before..we used to have our traditional dance ofcource,..but things have changed a lot..i don't blame anybody except ourselves for this...but there a few good things that has happened to us,that is,some women have started wearing abaaya and niqab too masha'Allah..
and these have changed for the worse not only here,but throughout the world i believe..

with the coming of salafism,people are more aware of not doing grave worshipping and the harm in the dowry system..and maulid is discouraged...and so is celebrating death anniversaries of relatives...

and now the whole scenario has become a joke...salfafis have a different eid gaah,sunnis have seperate ones and now there are jama'at islami eid gaah's too..what a shame...and each n people got their respective eid gaah's..this was not how islam was in malabar before...it saddens me a lot to see this state...and our scholars fight with each other and say that the other party doesn't know islam.this happens in public speeches...what a shame athafgfirulah...i beleive there's been a lot of disunity among scholars...but it's common to find a wife who's sunni and husband who's salafi ...i was pointing out the problems in my place due to different groups..and mujahids have spit into different grous too based on difference of opinions...

but alhamdulilah,mapilla muslims(muslims in malabar) are strict about salah,ramadh'an,zakat,hajj and many do umrah too when possible...and they are mostly educated and many take good care of their daughters even after her marriage masha'Allah

i don't even know if many people in malabar know what salafism really means or they just become mujahid when they feel women have to go to mosques or the qutba has to be in malayalam..Allah knows best...atleast i thought it was so till i started learning more about it..

but in malabar,people call themselves mujahids(salafi) and not just follow salafism..

alhamdulilah,i have many of my doubts cleared now....jazakAllah khairan everyone for helping me.brother tariq,ershad ahmed,ditta,sister alf,abdul aziz,joldas,muhammed and everyone....thanks for your time and efforts..

from this,i believe that its fine to be a follower of salaf in your heart,but not to claim to be salafi and from a different group..at the same time,it's also fine to follow any madhab as long as anything in it doesn't contradict Qur'an and sunna right..please correct me if i'm wrong...

jazakAllah khairan

assalaamu alaikum

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu Alaikum: Br Ditta and Thariq.

I personally feel,may be despite being a layman,that Taqleed has lead to disintegration of our Ummah into numerous divisions.

To complement my quote I would add a very small video on '' Taqleed Fanatism"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sDd7t78po&sns=fb

Regards.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

When someone (i.e. a layman) is a fanatic- this is when their whims and desires come into play. They may be following a very weak opinion in their madh-hab, because it suits their desires or something similar to that and he is not 'sincere' in his Taqleed.

A person only does taqleed off a scholar (whom he trusts) when he does not have the tools in deriving rulings from the Qur'aan and Sunnah- and we all fall into this category of people.

At the same time, when a person 'claims' to follow the opinion of a scholar, who gives evidence from the Qur'aan and sunnah, could be following his whims and desires too.

We need to take a middle ground and understand and acknowledge the fact that we at one point- definately do taqleed and we need to make sure that we are sincere and ask Allaah that we follow opinions that are in line with the Qur'aan and Sunnah. The fact that a layman does taqleed cannot be denied- and denying it only shows that a person is being very shallow minded and not open minded at all. (Br. Sachin, I am only mentioning this generally- nothing directed at you.)

A seeker of knowledge should not fanatically follow one madhab. That is what I meant. People sometimes adhere to one madhab of their choice and reject all other madhabs.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah.

There is nothing wrong if a person wants to follow one of the madh-habs (if he is able to do so) and adhere to it (and he could reject the other madh-habs- in the sense that he sees his own madh-hab to be the strongest because he trusts his scholar and considers the Imaam of that madh-hab to be most knowledgable from amongst the other 4).

What is blameworthy upon him is: When a person is following a view (in which ijtihaad is permissible) of his madh-hab and another opinion comes to him that is clearly backed up with the Qur'aan and Sunnah and this person recognizes thisto be the truth in his heart- but yet sticks to the opinion of his madh-hab.

In anything I have said before, I didn't consider laymen. Infact for people who have no access to sources where they can learn, they can even follow their Imam in mosque and even if they go wrong, there is no blame upon them.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Even if a person has access to the sources- still means nothing. He is still doing taqleed of some scholar or the other... Which means: You, me and everyone else on this forum is doing Taqleed (unless we have a scholar in this forum).

And regarding labelling, that is what I have said before also. If someone gives to much precedence to labelling himself salafi, then he contradicts his claim because a salafi doesn't do that.

Anyway, Jazakallahu Khair for your information.

Some people think that the manhaj of the Salaf means to follow them in just `Aqeedah, rather it means that we follow them in everything... follow them in their righteousness, their `aqeedah, their fiqh, their `ibaadah, their akhlaaq, their zuhd etc.

BaarakAllaahu feek

lovefordeen

Assalaamu `alaykum

Wassalaamu `alaykum

assalaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khairan

Ershad

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

When someone (i.e. a layman) is a fanatic- this is when their whims and desires come into play. They may be following a very weak opinion in their madh-hab, because it suits their desires or something similar to that and he is not 'sincere' in his Taqleed.

A person only does taqleed off a scholar (whom he trusts) when he does not have the tools in deriving rulings from the Qur'aan and Sunnah- and we all fall into this category of people.

At the same time, when a person 'claims' to follow the opinion of a scholar, who gives evidence from the Qur'aan and sunnah, could be following his whims and desires too.

We need to take a middle ground and understand and acknowledge the fact that we at one point- definately do taqleed and we need to make sure that we are sincere and ask Allaah that we follow opinions that are in line with the Qur'aan and Sunnah. The fact that a layman does taqleed cannot be denied- and denying it only shows that a person is being very shallow minded and not open minded at all. (Br. Sachin, I am only mentioning this generally- nothing directed at you.)

It is not as simple as what you said. Scholars at times derive two different rulings from just one hadeeth... it could be the case that the Arabic word has more than one meaning, or the scholars understood that narration in general terms whilst others understood it in specific terms and there can be more reasons as to why they differ.

A person can't just read the Qur'aan and hadeeth in 'english' and then deduce rulings from it. There are prerequisites before a person can derive rulings, like: Deep knowledge of the Arabic Language (this includes all of its sciences), in depth knowledge of: Usool al-Fiqh, Mustalah al-Hadeeth, Usool al-Tafseer, `Uloom al-Qur'aan etc. and these are just a few things they need along with a lot of other important prerequisites.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah.

There is nothing wrong if a person wants to follow one of the madh-habs (if he is able to do so) and adhere to it (and he could reject the other madh-habs- in the sense that he sees his own madh-hab to be the strongest because he trusts his scholar and considers the Imaam of that madh-hab to be most knowledgable from amongst the other 4).

What is blameworthy upon him is: When a person is following a view (in which ijtihaad is permissible) of his madh-hab and another opinion comes to him that is clearly backed up with the Qur'aan and Sunnah and this person recognizes thisto be the truth in his heart- but yet sticks to the opinion of his madh-hab.

Even if a person has access to the sources- still means nothing. He is still doing taqleed of some scholar or the other... Which means: You, me and everyone else on this forum is doing Taqleed (unless we have a scholar in this forum).

Some people think that the manhaj of the Salaf means to follow them in just `Aqeedah, rather it means that we follow them in everything... follow them in their righteousness, their `aqeedah, their fiqh, their `ibaadah, their akhlaaq, their zuhd etc.

BaarakAllaahu feek

Jazakallahu khairan for the explanation, akhi.

wassalamu alaikkum

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

thariq2005 you wrote :

"A person can't just read the Qur'aan and hadeeth in 'english' and then deduce rulings from it. There are prerequisites before a person can derive rulings, like: Deep knowledge of the Arabic Language (this includes all of its sciences), in depth knowledge of: Usool al-Fiqh, Mustalah al-Hadeeth, Usool al-Tafseer, `Uloom al-Qur'aan etc. and these are just a few things they need along with a lot of other important prerequisites".

I disagree with every letter that you have typed above. The Holy Qur'an is for everyone who wants to follow it or whomever wants to seek guidance from it.

Muhsin Khan

This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. 2:2

Tafsir

* تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn
{ ذَلِكَ ٱلْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ }

That, meaning, this, Book, which Muhammad (s) recites, in it there is no doubt, no uncertainty, that it is from God (the negation [lĀ rayba fĪhi] is the predicate of dhĀlika; the use of the demonstrative here is intended to glorify [the Book]). A guidance (hudĀ is a second predicate, meaning that it [the Book] ‘guides’), for the God-fearing, namely, those that tend towards piety by adhering to commands and avoiding things prohibited, thereby guarding themselves from the Fire;

Now the vast majority of Muslims do not understand Arabic in the sense that they can neither read, write nor pray in Arabic. So the next best thing we have are translations by which many of these Muslims follow their religion. Granted, this translation is not the Holy Qur'an of the Arabic language in which it was revealed, but the translators have done their level best to make it as close to the Arabic as humanly possible. The Holy Qur'an and the interpretation of it is very personal. Nobody ever said that the masses are to follow a scholar, what if the scholar is wrong? People tend to revere and give great respect to these scholars, who made them the Ulema? Bring proof where Muhammed (pbuh) said such things.

The reason there is such division and groups within Islam is precisely for these reasons. Some believe that the scholar they are following is correct while others will argue that their scholar is correct in the interpretation.

Why follow blindly when you can deduce the meaning of what Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala wants to say to you? All you have to do is read the Holy Qur'an with a sincere heart and read about what the Prophet (pbuh) said about these things.

Ershad

As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I disagree with every letter that you have typed above. The Holy Qur'an is for everyone who wants to follow it or whomever wants to seek guidance from it.

Assalamu Alaikkum warahamatullahi wabarakatuhu,

People differ in preparedness, knowledge, reasoning, and background; some are intelligent and others are simple, some are well educated and others are illiterate. Then, whoever is qualified with preparedness, sound reasoning, and the sufficient knowledge to infer legal judgments from textual proofs concerning all or some juristic issues - is obliged to employ Ijtihad (juristic effort to infer expert legal rulings).

Such a person should not follow other scholars regarding the evidence he perceives and believes in. If he fails to resolve an issue, he can ask the people of knowledge about the proof or the problematic matters concerning this evidence.

Allah (Exalted be He) says: "So ask the people of the Reminder, if you do not know." [Surah Al-Nahl, 16: 43]

Thus, Allah advises all to seek the evidence when problems arise. Allah also commands Muslims to cooperate in righteousness and piety, as He states: "Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwâ (virtue, righteousness and piety)" [Surah Al-Ma'idah, 5: 2]

Undoubtedly, helping each other to reach legal decisions of proofs and understand their implications is implied in the verse. This was the conduct of the Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet -may Allah be pleased with them). They would ask each other about what they had heard from the Prophet (peace be upon him) and occasionally about the meanings of the evidence they could not understand.

As for unlettered and educated people who are not qualified to arrive at legal decisions through the evidence, they must ask the religious scholars who are knowledgeable in Shariah.

Allah (Exalted be He) states: "So ask the people of the Reminder, if you do not know." [Surah Al-Nahl, 16: 43]

This is a well-established tradition followed by people throughout generations.

On the other hand, if some regard themselves as Mujtahids (a scholar qualified to exercise juristic effort to infer expert legal rulings), they should follow the path of Ijtihad, become versed in the sciences required for Ijtihad and train themselves on juristic examination and research. They should imitate the late scholars and make use of the wealth of information they left until Allah favors them with being able to infer the rulings from the proofs. Thus, they can employ Ijtihad in some issues.

For more information on Ijtihad and Taqlid (strictly following a specific School of Jurisprudence), refer to the books written by the great scholar Ibn Al-Qayyim including his book entitled A`lam Al-Muwaqieen and other relevant books.

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Member Deputy Chairman Chairman
`Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan `Abdul-Razzaq `Afify `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

Ershad

There you go again quoting more 'scholars'.

Brother, they are verses from Qur'an.

Allah (Exalted be He) says: "So ask the people of the Reminder, if you do not know." [Surah Al-Nahl, 16: 43]

"Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwâ (virtue, righteousness and piety)" [Surah Al-Ma'idah, 5: 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.