saudi women at Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Not all, just you.

No need to make this personal, ok? If you really want, then better send pm, not continue kind of behaviour in public. What is your meaning write in this forum in common? You want us all think your opinions about islam is more right than our opinion?

Townie

No need to make this personal, ok? If you really want, then better send pm, not continue kind of behaviour in public. What is your meaning write in this forum in common? You want us all think your opinions about islam is more right than our opinion?

You are the one who started making this personal. You have been rude and boorish and I would rather you stopped replying to my posts if all you can do is be insulting.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Ok, I ask admin check this thread and delete my posts if he thinks I have been insulting and rude against so nice boy like you who calls us muslim ladies persons whose weare black sacks.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I'm trying to understand what Townie's real intention in visiting this forum is. Does he want to learn about Islam? Doesn't look like it - he appears to know everything already. He already has a biased view. All of his posts are just attacking Islamic beliefs and calling clothing prescribed by the One Who Created him "black sacks" and "towels." At least fear Your Lord, Your Creator before saying these things about His injunctions.

If the amount of money they wasted on the Olympic ceremonies was channelled to feed and clothe the world's hungry and needy, it would've been a much better human effort.

Townie

I'm trying to understand what Townie's real intention in visiting this forum is. Does he want to learn about Islam? Doesn't look like it - he appears to know everything already. He already has a biased view. All of his posts are just attacking Islamic beliefs and calling clothing prescribed by the One Who Created him "black sacks" and "towels." At least fear Your Lord, Your Creator before saying these things about His injunctions.

If the amount of money they wasted on the Olympic ceremonies was channelled to feed and clothe the world's hungry and needy, it would've been a much better human effort.

The One who created me was my Dad, along with my Mum. I certainly honour them. I am dismayed that you read only what you want and disregard the rest.
I would like to find out more about what you believe and why you believe it, but my impression of Muslims on this site is that they are blinkered, reactionary and rude. I think you only want to engage in discussions which reinforce your views and when you are challenged you behave like unruly children. Not a great advertisement for your beliefs...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
The One who created me was my Dad, along with my Mum.

Who created your dad and mom? They themselves? Oh grandparents? Who created them then?

Where we behave as unruly children but you don´t? Possible there where you haven´t any manners? Bad we! Where is a great advertisement for your beliefs?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
The One who created me was my Dad, along with my Mum. I certainly honour them. I am dismayed that you read only what you want and disregard the rest.
I would like to find out more about what you believe and why you believe it, but my impression of Muslims on this site is that they are blinkered, reactionary and rude. I think you only want to engage in discussions which reinforce your views and when you are challenged you behave like unruly children. Not a great advertisement for your beliefs...

Members like you are trolls.

trollometre.jpg

Most members saw it from your first posts.

strive-may-i

I'm trying to understand what Townie's real intention in visiting this forum is. Does he want to learn about Islam? Doesn't look like it - he appears to know everything already. He already has a biased view. All of his posts are just attacking Islamic beliefs

What we have seen so far matches...
Townie

Commonly used to describe a person. It is often seen as derogatory (low opinion) by those who use it. Townies have opinions. They are somewhat predictable in stance. A townie never looks completely put together, rather, they are somewhat disheveled. Townies are easy to spot, with their pretentious manner. They will stand at a safe range and hurl insults. Townie is often opposed to the university students or workers who were passing through.

Though unfortunate, Lets accept there is no deviation, at all by this member from above description. We here being the most civilized, we give Townie another chance.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Are you sure? Not that I'm surprised after your other rantings!! Are you saying they created you from nothing? This is where the fundamental difference begins. Thats the basis of Islam - 'Belief in a Creator. The universe is a creation.'
“Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed.” [Quran 6:151]

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Infact, compassion humans have for each other, is also from Creators bounty. Coming back to parents, here read the relevant part
“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: 'My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.” [Quran 17:23, 24]

Ahsen

Townie, you are only here to win arguments and you already have a judgement about islam which you are trying to cry out to everyone.

You cannot grasp the root idea of islam which means submission to Allah and his Prophet (PBUH). That's why you keep asking why this and why that?

Precious Star

As the person who started this thread, I'd like to make some comments following which, hopefully, this thread will be closed.

This is a public forum, to my knowledge. Anyone can join. Including non-Muslims (as far as I know). And, a non Muslim member will not necessarily espouse the views of the Muslim members. I think you have to accept that. When I have discussions with Christians about Christianity, I often challenge them, too. I never make it personal. And to be honest, I don't think Townie has taken a personal shot against anyone here, although he has taken shots at Islam which is then taken personally.

I think one of two things must happen. Either make this a Muslim-only forum (and frankly I don't know how you can possibly police that), or, accept that nonmuslim members are going to challenge the Islamic viewpoint and be prepared to engage in a discussion. But it doesn't do anyone any good to put our backs up.
And, sometimes if you are really offended its better to just walk away from the situation. Not every comment warrants a response.

I am rarely offended when someone challenges my beliefs. You know why? Because I have conviction. I know God did not command women to wear black sacs, so I don't need to get all offended about it. But at the same time, I have to recognize tat that is how Muslim women are often portrayed by the media, so it does not surprise me that some nonmuslims have that perception.

Hope this helps. I know some of you will understand what I'm saying, and some won't.
Either way, I hope this thread is closed before the mudslinging worsens.

Eid Mubarak.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I had to intervene. What are we discussing. Nothing at all.

First welcome Townie. I am just dropping in.

Now...lets get some facts into this mess.

We know that the Prophet, swas, raced with his wife. So a woman is able to have fun with her husband, even with sports.

As for the Olympics. They are not amateurs. Look at the US basketball team.

The side that has not been discussed is the behind the scenes money. The betting. Sports is major money because people bet. I was laughing at the amounts of money that must have been translated and transferred. You name it and people bet on it. That in itself is haraam.

As Believers, we must take into account the big picture and the big picture is ugly. Why would you allow your daughter or even son to be part of a bet? We have to think through what it is that is important on the Path.

And Townie forgive my brothers and sisters..we are hotheaded. Yes, if someone is looking for guidance we must answer your toughest questions without becoming emotional. However, the status of Saudi women in the Olympics is small stuff and totally insignificant. They do not represent Believing women.

a_stranger

Peace for all:

Teachings of Islam are meant to purify hearts, souls, bodies, individuals, families , societies.............the whole humanity. We people can't come closer to our creator with black impure hearts and bodies. Islam teaches humans how to purify hearts by pure sincere faith in the one and only creator , then the purification continue by having a living sensitive conscience in this life.............Islam is the most beautiful journey of minds , hearts, souls bodies which take the creature closer to his creator by:

Pure sincere faith
On going prayers
Different good deeds
Rejecting evils within souls and outside.
Following the steps of the prophets of Allah subhanahu wa taaala.
Understanding Quran which is the final revealation .

This is a brief note for how Islam changes humans for better.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Townie, your parents didn't create you. They reproduced you. I watched you hatch out of that little kosher egg. *sniffle*

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Islam is perfect while muslims are not. No human is perfect, if someone wants to understand islam, there are many materials on this site to start with.

If we try speek with Townie or others like him is for his own good, he will bring nothing less and nothing more to islam.
But, must be a sad life to think you are just one meaningless accident of the nature with only goal in life to fill the belly. Muslims see beyond this and we are much better then beliving Dad created us. Dad did not assembled my bones or connected my neurons, has no power to do that, he is just creation like all of us.
We dont defend ourselfs, is no need, we just explain, but if we are hurted is only normal to react, as persons that trully love islam, not just follow blindly traditions and desire.

For many humans is just more easy to close the eyes at the ideea that there is a Creator who watches them all the time and will judge their life, this would mean to live a responsable life and to take the hard and correct way. No God, no worry, the personal desire rules....But to dig the head in the sand will change nothing from the truth.

Quran:

He is the All-hearing, the All-seeing. To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth. He grants His provision to whom He wills, in abundance or in scant measure. Surely He has knowledge of everything (al-Shura 42: 11-12).

Surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth, in the succession of night and day, in the ships that sail through the sea with what benefits man, in the water God sends down from the sky, thereby giving life to the earth after it is dead and making all manner of living creatures to multiply thereon, in the change of the winds, and in the clouds between sky and earth which are harnessed – (in all this) surely there are messages for people who use their reason.

Saudi woman at Olympic, is her life, but as Aapa said, that represents not islam.
Only Allah can judge and we all have our shortcomings.
All the best.

Townie

Assalaam alaikum,
As for the Olympics. They are not amateurs. Look at the US basketball team.
The side that has not been discussed is the behind the scenes money. The betting. Sports is major money because people bet. I was laughing at the amounts of money that must have been translated and transferred. You name it and people bet on it. That in itself is haraam.
As Believers, we must take into account the big picture and the big picture is ugly. Why would you allow your daughter or even son to be part of a bet? We have to think through what it is that is important on the Path.
Thank you for your reply, and I agree that this thread has probably run far enough.
Of course I must also agree that some Olympic sports are professional, but not all of them are. I wish there was a way to get back to the old amateur days, but I suspect this will not be possible.
I choose to ignore those events which are not amateur and, as I am not a betting man, the Olympics that I experienced was not tainted by money, apart from the price of the tickets for the events I attended.. In the UK the general consensus is that professional sports, such as football, would benefit greatly from the 'Olympic Spirit' which stands for fair play and sportsmanship.
I believe that competing in sport is a valuable part of our children's education, whether as part of a team or as an individual, and I am hopeful that the recent games will inspire a new generation of sportsmen and women. I am sorry that some people choose not to take part for what in my book are not good reasons.

Townie

Townie, your parents didn't create you. They reproduced you. I watched you hatch out of that little kosher egg. *sniffle*

Are eggs kosher? Is there such a thing as an egg that is halal? I suspect you are trying to insult me, but you have failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.