saudi women at Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
''The men should respect women and women should be free to weare what they want.'' Sounds good and i hear many times.

But the reality is different and as we see around us plain theory and empty words dont help.
The men should ...the women should...but they dont.

The natural drive of many men comes forward and bring trouble, so why not step in the real world and take measures for this to not happen ? The society of today is the best example that something is wrong in this so called freedom.
All the best.
And Allah knows best.

Townie

''The men should respect women and women should be free to weare what they want.'' Sounds good and i hear many times.

But the reality is different and as we see around us plain theory and empty words dont help.
The men should ...the women should...but they dont.

The natural drive of many men comes forward and bring trouble, so why not step in the real world and take measures for this to not happen ? The society of today is the best example that something is wrong in this so called freedom.
All the best.
And Allah knows best.

From post #15 "I'm studying aqidah from an ustaz, he is born M'sian but now residing in the Holy City of Makkah. According to him, his cousins are still staying there, during the class, we were dumbstruck when he told us that non of his cousin sisters are virgin anymore. They are raped by Saudis and that his cousins are not the only victims. They are warned not to report or else they would be killed. This happen just outside the Haram. Apparently women are generally not safe in KSA? The distressed sisters in the class did asked him, don't KSA observe strict Islamic law? He said KSA is not the KSA that used to be. Islamic law is not strictly observe outskirts and other areas in KSA."
I think I am right to assume that the women this refers to are properly dressed, but apparently that doesn't protect them.
I am surrounded by women who are not dressed according to Muslim rules, but I do not feel drawn to rape them. Meanwhile women who are dressed to conform to the strictest Muslim rules are raped...
The problem lies in the minds of a few men, probably the same percentage in Muslim countries as in non-Muslim countries.
Maybe the solution is to punish men who mistreat women (including those who use their physical superiority to beat them), rather than punish women by making them wear clothing which restricts their freedom.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
We should co operate each other in good and not co operate with each other in evil.
Like a family and an ummah.
False accusations and slandering are indeed condemnable.Nothing can justify it,absolutely nothing and Allah will give them their punishment and they will recieve it melting in hellfire in sha'Allah.
A muslim first relates his daily life to how Allah wants him/her to be,then he treads the paths of his life accordingly.
If people cheer our sisters ,who participate from Saudi Arabia exclusively because they think,they oppress women and see of it as a liberation,I am sorry what kind of liberation is it?A liberation from the priorities of life which includes the cumpulsory act of fasting in Ramadan?Missing salah?Hijab is also an issue which comes afterwards.
It is nothing but slavery,slavery to our desires and slavery to theirs.A mental servitude,an inferiority complex,a disease, to look upon the west as a centre for liberation.
All this in the month of Ramadan simply lahwaw, distraction from ibadah of Allah,from real purpose of life,a sport with pagan origins.Preferring sports over Ramadan?I see cricketers doing so,khayr they are answerable to Allah.We can only advice each other and co operate with each other in good and not in evil.
Khayr we do not agree with this position,it is not in accordance with Islam.

Hajjerr

From post #15 "I'm studying aqidah from an ustaz, he is born M'sian but now residing in the Holy City of Makkah. According to him, his cousins are still staying there, during the class, we were dumbstruck when he told us that non of his cousin sisters are virgin anymore. They are raped by Saudis and that his cousins are not the only victims. They are warned not to report or else they would be killed. This happen just outside the Haram. Apparently women are generally not safe in KSA? The distressed sisters in the class did asked him, don't KSA observe strict Islamic law? He said KSA is not the KSA that used to be. Islamic law is not strictly observe outskirts and other areas in KSA."
I think I am right to assume that the women this refers to are properly dressed, but apparently that doesn't protect them.
I am surrounded by women who are not dressed according to Muslim rules, but I do not feel drawn to rape them. Meanwhile women who are dressed to conform to the strictest Muslim rules are raped...
The problem lies in the minds of a few men, probably the same percentage in Muslim countries as in non-Muslim countries.
Maybe the solution is to punish men who mistreat women (including those who use their physical superiority to beat them), rather than punish women by making them wear clothing which restricts their freedom.
Freedom to do what exactly ? And who is making women to wear hijab ? Noone is forcing me as i know noone is forcing other sisters. It is called the intention to obey Allah. In islam should be no presure, everyone will answer for his own life. All the best.

Townie

Freedom to do what exactly ? And who is making women to wear hijab ? Noone is forcing me as i know noone is forcing other sisters. It is called the intention to obey Allah. In islam should be no presure, everyone will answer for his own life. All the best.

Their freedom to be equal with men. Imagine if men had to wear the hijab? No, of course you can't...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
rather than punish women by making them wear clothing which restricts their freedom.

Using hijab is not punishment to muslim women and it hasn´t nothing to do with restricting anyones freedom. That is pure western ideology: I use hijab so I have to be without freedom but forced to use it by men, pitiful being who doesn´t even know what kind of liberaty "right" to walk in street as half-naked could offer me, while some other woman use miniskirt in public street so she has be totally free.

I can only say: no thanks to that kind of freedom.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Their freedom to be equal with men. Imagine if men had to wear the hijab? No, of course you can't...

Yes, that must be to us too hard even to imagine...

8626365-arab-or-other-middle-eastern-ethnic-man-wearing-traditional-clothing-smiling-and-giving-thumbs-up-su.jpg

Or harder to you?

Hajjerr

Equal does not mean the same. We are equals but different. It is not a concept very hard to understand. Ofcourse i dont want to see a man imitating a woman and a woman imitating a man... But i do. Every day sadly.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Treating two different genders as the same gender is INJUSTICE to them and has nothing to do with equality and liberation and everything to do with slavery and oppression.

a_stranger

Islam is the true liberation for the whole humanity when we bow to Allah subhanahu wa taaala with body and heart then we are the master of our ownself , we can drive ourselves to all that is pure and good and reject all kinds of evil. Now people are under the worst kind of slavery ......to follow their desires without limits....

2 verse(s) matched.

*!*!*!*!*!Al-Furqan [25:43] *!*!*!*!*!*! *!*!
أَرَأَيْتَ مَنِ اتَّخَذَ إِلَهَهُ هَوَاهُ أَفَأَنتَ تَكُونُ عَلَيْهِ وَكِيلًا

Araayta mani ittakhatha ilahahu hawahu afaanta takoonu AAalayhi wakeelan
25:43 Seest thou such a one as taketh for his god his own passion (or impulse)? Couldst thou be a disposer of affairs for him?
*!*!*!*!*!Al-Jathiya [45:23] *!*!*!*!*!*! *!*!
أَفَرَأَيْتَ مَنِ اتَّخَذَ إِلَهَهُ هَوَاهُ وَأَضَلَّهُ اللَّهُ عَلَى عِلْمٍ وَخَتَمَ عَلَى سَمْعِهِ وَقَلْبِهِ وَجَعَلَ عَلَى بَصَرِهِ غِشَاوَةً فَمَن يَهْدِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ اللَّهِ أَفَلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

Afaraayta mani ittakhatha ilahahu hawahu waadallahu Allahu AAala AAilmin wakhatama AAala samAAihi waqalbihi wajaAAala AAala basarihi ghishawatan faman yahdeehi min baAAdi Allahi afala tathakkaroona
45:23 Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his own vain desire? Allah has, knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart (and understanding), and put a cover on his sight. Who, then, will guide him after Allah (has withdrawn Guidance)? Will ye not then receive admonition?

Townie

Treating two different genders as the same gender is INJUSTICE to them and has nothing to do with equality and liberation and everything to do with slavery and oppression.

Nope. Giving two different genders the right to do as they please is freedom. Would a man cover himself because he might be attacked if he wasn't? Of course not. Men are more powerful and they should be taught that it is wrong to use that power to dominate women.

Townie

Equal does not mean the same. We are equals but different. It is not a concept very hard to understand. Ofcourse i dont want to see a man imitating a woman and a woman imitating a man... But i do. Every day sadly.

So do as the men say. Live in a black sack because it is your fault that men can't control themselves. Sort of pathetic really...

Townie

I think it is enough they lower they gaze when meet women. Don´t you do same?

Always. I would never look at a woman in a way that would demean her. That is normal. In the West and in the East there are men who are not normal. As a result women have to suffer? That makes no sense.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
How women suffer? We only obey the will of Allah and are very pleased to do so.

Where you have got kind of ideas about suffering of women? Some kind of western prejudice?

Townie

How women suffer? We only obey the will of Allah and are very pleased to do so.

Where you have got kind of ideas about suffering of women? Some kind of western prejudice?
It comes of mixing with women who think they are are at least equal, if not superior to men. Who am I to disagree? I didn't choose to be male. Because someone is born female should they have less rights than men? Personally I don't think so. But please, if you choose to be subservient, who am I to complain?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
In western society some women might think they have less rights than men but not in Islamic one. We are respected because we are women. May Allah open your eyes to understand it and stop you looking for excuses why we wouldn´t.

You want to see me and my sisters as subservients as you don´t understand our view of life.

AbuIbrahiim

Asalaamu Alaykum dear brothers and sisters.

There was a hadith of the Prophet that comes to my mind every time I see Muslims doing everything they see non-Muslims doing without even questioning how what they're doing might effect their faith. That hadith was: It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will certainly follow the ways of those who came before you, handspan by handspan, cubit by cubit, until even if they entered the hole of a lizard, you will do so too.” We asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3269; Muslim, 2669).

So my point is, this is exactly the situation now. These Muslims don't even know or understand where or how these damn olympics originated. These games originated from pagan believes. It is important ask WHY AND FOR WHAT REASON! and people just forget to do that. Even Chrisitians banned these games in the 1800s because of it's pagan origins.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Classic. If wearing proper hijab women are still being raped, I can understand why country like US where women walk on the street naked or semi naked has most number of rape cases.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghanc...us-us-cities-women-anchorage-fairbanks-flint/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

The requirement to cover is only one part of the requirement. A Muslim woman also required to be with mahram (father, brother, grand father) or with her husband especially on long distant journey. IF you cover but you walk alone then you disobeyed Allah, don't blame hijab if someone rape you.

Status
Not open for further replies.