saudi women at Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
And if everything that is created must have a creator, so must Allah, or he can't exist. So who or what created Allah?

Allah is the First and the Last,

“Say (O Muhammad), He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Quran 112)

You can not compare Him with you or me, creations with limited knowledge. Your question is not the way to gain wisdom, the way to find out your purpose in life is to study Quran, who invites you to all that is good, have you read it ? :
Maybe we will know more about Allah after we die, but until then why not have a good quality life ?
Worship and serve God alone and make no gods beside Him; and do good to your parents, the relatives, the orphans, the needy, the neighbour who is a relative, the neighbour who is a stranger, and the companion by your side, and the wayfarer, and to those you rightfully posses; for God loves not the proud and boastful, those who are niggardly and urge others to be niggardly (al-Nisa’ 4: 36-7).

The freeing of someone’s neck from bondage, or the feeding, upon a day of hunger, of an orphan near of kin, or of a needy man rolling in dust: he [who does this] becomes one of those who have faith, and enjoin upon one another patience, and enjoin upon one another compassion to others (al-Balad 90: 13-17).

Do you know the one who denies the (Day of) Judgment? It is he who pushes the orphan away, and urges not to feed the needy. Woe, then unto those praying ones, who are heedless of their prayers, who want to be seen and praised, and refuse (to give) even little things in charity (al-Ma’un 107: 1-7).

O you who believe, establish justice, being witnesses to the truth, for the sake of God, even though it be against your own selves, or your parents and relatives; whether the person be rich or poor, God’s claim takes precedence over either; and, follow not your own desire, lest you swerve from justice (al-Nisa 4:135).

And speak to all people in a kindly way (al-Baqarah 2:83).

And be true to every promise – for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made (al-Isra 17:34).

Do you disagree with anything from above ? This is islam.

Have a good day.

Hajjerr

Maybe sister Hajjerr is better teacher than me.

:muslim_child:

If you aren´t interesting to learn even basics of Islam, you better do as brother Idris wrote: leave.

Salam aleikum

I said what i had to say but i think is useless, he didnt answered to my question and does not look at islam, only at muslims.
Maybe life will teach him, Allah knows.

Townie

Maybe sister Hajjerr is better teacher than me.

:muslim_child:

If you aren´t interesting to learn even basics of Islam, you better do as brother Idris wrote: leave.
I am interested to learn, but some people on this site think that it is okay to be abusive to anyone who doesn't share their views. I think I am closer in belief to a lot of people here than you seem to think.
If you read back you will notice that I have been nothing but polite until someone chooses to be rude or impolite to me.
I think it is true to say that it is possible to judge a religion by the attitude and actions of it's adherents. You are not a great advert for Islam.

Townie

Allah is the First and the Last,

“Say (O Muhammad), He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Quran 112)

You can not compare Him with you or me, creations with limited knowledge. Your question is not the way to gain wisdom, the way to find out your purpose in life is to study Quran, who invites you to all that is good, have you read it ? :
Maybe we will know more about Allah after we die, but until then why not have a good quality life ?

Do you disagree with anything from above ? This is islam.

Have a good day.
I do not agree with everything from the passage you quoted, but this is hardly surprising given that I am not a Muslim.

I think this passage "Do you know the one who denies the (Day of) Judgment? It is he who pushes the orphan away, and urges not to feed the needy. Woe, then unto those praying ones, who are heedless of their prayers, who want to be seen and praised, and refuse (to give) even little things in charity (al-Ma’un 107: 1-7)." is not true. I know many people who do not believe in the day of judgement who are charitable and who give of their time to help others.

I try to be respectful to people, but I acknowledge that when people are rude to me I can be rude back. This is a fault which I will work on.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I am interested to learn, but some people on this site think that it is okay to be abusive to anyone who doesn't share their views. I think I am closer in belief to a lot of people here than you seem to think.
If you read back you will notice that I have been nothing but polite until someone chooses to be rude or impolite to me.
I think it is true to say that it is possible to judge a religion by the attitude and actions of it's adherents. You are not a great advert for Islam.

So learn, little boy, learn. Your first lesson is how to speak polite to muslim sisters and understand what God is.

Good luck.

Sorry if I have been rude to you. Maybe you are better person - and more civilized than I; poor lady in black sack.

:hijabi:

Townie

So learn, little boy, learn. Your first lesson is how to speak polite to muslim sisters and understand what God is.

Good luck.

Sorry if I have been rude to you. Maybe you are better person - and more civilized than I; poor lady in black sack.

:hijabi:
You are so condescending. "learn, little boy, learn"? Is being smug and condescending part of being a good Muslim?
You are not sorry and this is the last time I respond to you.

Hajjerr

I do not agree with everything from the passage you quoted, but this is hardly surprising given that I am not a Muslim.

I think this passage "Do you know the one who denies the (Day of) Judgment? It is he who pushes the orphan away, and urges not to feed the needy. Woe, then unto those praying ones, who are heedless of their prayers, who want to be seen and praised, and refuse (to give) even little things in charity (al-Ma’un 107: 1-7)." is not true. I know many people who do not believe in the day of judgement who are charitable and who give of their time to help others.

I try to be respectful to people, but I acknowledge that when people are rude to me I can be rude back. This is a fault which I will work on.

""This chapter encourages the feeding of the indigent and the orphan, it encourages the encouragement of this, it stresses the importance of being careful in our prayers, the importance of preserving them, the importance of being sincere in them, and in all other deeds. The chapter also encourages doing good and spending small amounts of wealth in charity because Allah reprimands those who do not do this. Allah, Transcendent is He, knows best.''''

If there are humans as you said, Allah is present and will repay them for what they do, i also know people like this and they live a good wealthy life, maybe they get the reward in this life, but not in the next one that is eternal, nothing will save them then but Allah, Who knows better.
Maybe someone with better experience can give a better explanation, inshallah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Townie,

In Islam women can not give dawah to men. Thus for the sake of learning I strongly suggest that you open a thread and ask that only brothers answer. Thus the emotionalism is gone.
It does no good for a thread of this nature to continue. It does not answer questions about faith.
We have no indication where you have been on your journey or where you are currently.

Your spiritual journey can not be dismissed easily. And trust must be the fundamental element for any conversation to occur. I wish you the best on your journey.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
You are so condescending. "learn, little boy, learn"? Is being smug and condescending part of being a good Muslim?
You are not sorry and this is the last time I respond to you.

By islamic view you born when you say shahada by bottom of your heart. By this, as I think, you are still unborn baby.

Good luck to your spiritual path.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I'm sorry for being mean to you, Townie. I'm actually beginning to like you. regardless of your point views, I feel (and hope I'm right) that you're a genuine person. Also, if your intention is to learn about Islam, I really think you can one day turn out to be a better Muslim than all of us here.

Will you kindly give me the chance to start again?

Townie

I'm sorry for being mean to you, Townie. I'm actually beginning to like you. regardless of your point views, I feel (and hope I'm right) that you're a genuine person. Also, if your intention is to learn about Islam, I really think you can one day turn out to be a better Muslim than all of us here.

Will you kindly give me the chance to start again?
Of course I will!
Thank you so much for your reply. I will try to count to ten before responding in the future, and I look forward to learning from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.