Scientific facts proved by the Qur'an

farhopes

No God but Allah
The verse is the correct answer! However, the explanation you have between parentheses is only one interpretation of what "earth reduction" means. I find it a far fetched interpretation. A more
likely interpretation in my humble opinion is the increasing scientific observation that earth mass is slowly shrinking

That's exactly what I also think.
The explanation between the parentheses is added to the verse as I found it in " searchtruth". I didn't like to delete it.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Not quite. This establishes the two orbits but does not lead to the conclusion that they do not intersect. I'm sure you'll figure the verse I'm thinking of ;)

Hope this is the right answer. If it's not, you tell me becauseI don't know.

(5) لَا الشَّمْسُ يَنبَغِي لَهَا أَن تُدْرِكَ الْقَمَرَ وَلَا اللَّيْلُ سَابِقُ النَّهَارِ وَكُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ يَسْبَحُونَ

(2) It is not permitted to the sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law).
( سورة يس , Ya Seen, Chapter #36, Verse #40)

farhopes

No God but Allah
Which verses of the Quran state or hint at the following scientific facts?

13- That our skin is responsible for sensation.

14- That the earth is round or globular.

15- That the land of the earth consists of seven layers.

16- That there are some stars that are responsible for cleaning and sweeping the sky

farhopes

No God but Allah
Quote:
14- That the earth is round or globular.

I remeber Sheikh Shaarawi, God bless his soul, quoting the verse, "And the earth after that He ground it" (79:30) to be implying that the earth is both flat surfaced and round shaped. The stone that people use for grinding wheet is round so that it can be constantly rotated to do the grinding yet flat surfaced so that the grinding can take place. Is that the verse you had in mind?

I'm afraid this isn't the verse I mean. However, the one I mean was also explained by Sheikh Shaarawi, my favourite scholar regarding that.

The verse he quoted was: 7 وَالْأَرْضَ مَدَدْنَاهَا وَأَلْقَيْنَا فِيهَا رَوَاسِيَ وَأَنبَتْنَا فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ زَوْجٍ بَهِيجٍ
(2) And the earth! We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and have produced therein every kind of lovely growth (plants).
( سورة ق , Qaf, Chapter #50, Verse #7) "

He said that wherever you go, you find the land stretched along before you, there is no end of that. It's land extended forever. That has one meaning that the Earth is round simply because it has no exact end.

farhopes

No God but Allah
16- That there are some stars that are responsible for cleaning and sweeping the sky

This one is tough! I have to think about it.

I'll give you a hint. Do you know Dr. Zaghloul Al-Nagar?

He talked about that. It's a verse in which Allah swears of some of His signs swimming in the sky.

Try to think of it. I wanna give you the prize :wink:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

I think the verse that brother Ayman gave in support of earth being round and globular is nearer to the idea. I found some info regarding that word used in that verse i.e. 79:30
The word here used in this verse to describe earth is 'DAHAHA'
Now here is what i found and i once heard the same from Zakir Naik too.
In the following ample Arabic and English vocabularies below, it is clear that the Arabic word "Dah" refers to:
1- An egg or spherical shape.
2- A squatted, dumpy, pushed down or pressed spherical object.
3- A circular motion.
For the details you can check this link,
http://www.answering-christianity.com/egg-shaped_earth.htm

Anyways I still want my brother to get the prize so I'm not gonna answer the last one .....:biggrin:

P.S. Note for brother Ayman ---- After you get the prize I would claim my share :SMILY126:

farhopes

No God but Allah

I think the verse that brother Ayman gave in support of earth being round and globular is nearer to the idea. I found some info regarding that word used in that verse i.e. 79:30
The word here used in this verse to describe earth is 'DAHAHA'
Now here is what i found and i once heard the same from Zakir Naik too.

Anyways I still want my brother to get the prize so I'm not gonna answer the last one .....:biggrin:

P.S. Note for brother Ayman ---- After you get the prize I would claim my share :SMILY126:

You are right, brother. According to your search, brother Ayman's answer is right.

As for the prize, of course you and everyone can share it :) as my prize will be from the Paradise.:wink:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

Ooooooh so, we arent going to get anything here in this world ???

Sister Allah SWT said in the Quran,

But you prefer the life of the world.
Al-A'la

and

Verily, man was created very impatient.
Al-Ma'arij

But in the same surah Allah describes those who can overcome these shortcomings so I will try to be patient and will expect the reward in Jannah, insha-Allah.
As for the prize, of course you and everyone can share it :) as my prize will be from the Paradise.:wink:

farhopes

No God but Allah

Ooooooh so, we arent going to get anything here in this world ???

Sister Allah SWT said in the Quran,

But you prefer the life of the world.
Al-A'la

and

Verily, man was created very impatient.
Al-Ma'arij

But in the same surah Allah describes those who can overcome these shortcomings so I will try to be patient and will expect the reward in Jannah, insha-Allah.

That's good, brother. May Allah reward you.:ma:

farhopes

No God but Allah
Only verse I can think of is 79:3 "By those that glide along." Another possibility is 81:16 "The runners which hide." But neither one talks about cleaning or sweeping the sky as far as I know.

I didn't know about Dr. Zaghloul but I found his web page. I didn't however find the specific mention of sky sweeping. Now there's a mention of sky scraping in 81:11 but I don't think that's what you meant.

In the process I found this site which is quite informative,
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

One of your guessing is right, brother. :) That is فَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِالْخُنَّسِ الْجَوَارِ الْكُنَّسِ
81:16 "The runners which hide."

Dr. Zaghloul said that this verse refers to a great discovery of some kind of stars that, as a last phase of their life, their huge mass condenses and concentrates in the centre of those stars causing them to have enormous power of gravitation.

They swim in the space dragging anything they encounter and swallow them.

Dr. Mustafa Mahmood once talked about them calling them " the black holes", they sweep the space from dying stars, huge rocks etc. That's all.

Thanks a lot for the site, I was searching for something like that.

Now we can say that you deserve the prize.
And as I said it is from the paradise. All you have to do is to say" Sobhan Allah, Alhamdulillah, La ilah ela Allah" and each time you say them, you'll have some wonderful bushes saved for you in Janah inshaa Allah.

That's our prophet Ibraham's gift that he had given to our prophet Mohammed when they met high in the 7th sky.

Hope you like my prize:)

farhopes

No God but Allah
17. That mountains are wider beneath the earth than they are above it.

(42) And the mountains as pegs?
( سورة النبأ , An-Naba, Chapter #78, Verse #7)

The clue is in the word "pegs"; Dr. Zaghlol Al-Nagar said that the nature of the peg is that two thirds of its height should be extended down under the earth and only one third is shown above the earth. That is exactly the same with the mountains. Only one third of the height of any mountain is shown above the earth and two thirds are extended beneath it.

Scientists could discover that fact about the mountains recently. Look at the miraculous Qur'an and its accuracy in choosing the word " peg". That is a clear evidence that the One who revealed the Qur'an is the One Who created the moutains.
Alhamdu lillah that He shows us His Signs.

farhopes

No God but Allah
18. That the best tasting and most nutrious honey comes from mountain bees.

68 And your Lord inspired the bee, saying: "Take you habitations in the mountains and in the trees and in what they erect.
69 "Then, eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you)." There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think.

farhopes

No God but Allah
20. That there are creatures smaller than a spec of dust.

61 Whatever you (O Muhammad SAW) may be doing, and whatever portion you may be reciting from the Quran, - and whatever deed you (mankind) may be doing (good or evil), We are Witness thereof, when you are doing it. And nothing is hidden from your Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom (or small ant) on the earth or in the heaven. Not what is less than that or what is greater than that but is (written) in a Clear Record. 10\61

farhopes

No God but Allah
You got them all right, sister, as usual :ma:

About quiz 18, I just read a book by Muhammad Qutb called "They won't come up with anything similar" (La ya'toona bimithlih), in which he highlights the significance of the order the Quran mentions of bee habitat. Mountain then tree then ground. It turns out to be the order of taste and nutrition as well! How could Muhammad, peace be upon him know that then and why didn't anybody before him make the same observation?

Qutb also reminds us of highschool chemistry and how chemical reactions occur only when one element completes the number of surface electrons of another element! That's mating of atoms!! (quiz 19) Not even Isaac Newton knew that.

Yes, I'm a fan of Sayed and Muhammad Qutb. they are genius, specially Sayed. It's enough to read Fi Zelal Al-Qura'n to know that.