Senior scholar Abdullah Al Ghudayyan just passed away

Ibn Uthaymin

انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Verily Allah does not take knowledge from the hearts of the people, but by the death of the Ulema.

May Allah have mercy on him

Kakorot

I got this msg:

In the name of Allaah, the most merciful, the bestower of mercy.
As-salaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullaah.

It has just reached me that the Shaikh, the `Allaamah `Abdullaah al-Ghudayaan has passed away.

May Allaah shower him with mercy and forgiveness.

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilaihi raaji`oon.

Wassalaam alaikum.

Abu-Khadeejah `Abdul-Waahid Alam

(1st June 2010/18th Jamaada al-Akhirah 1431AH)

I didn't know of this person, may Allaah have mercy on him.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon.

la ilaha illallaah, one of 'ulema from the kibaar has passed away, a scholar of a great level of knowledge who was from the Lajnah ad Daa'imah. May Allaah have mercy on him and elevate his status in the aakhirah.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'uun! May Allah swt have mercy on his soul!Aameen

^^subhanallah- i don't think i've heard of him before too!

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

May Allaah have mercy upon the noble shaykh, aameen.
ا

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilaihi raajioon.

May Allah subhaanaho waa ta'ala have mercy on the shaykh and grant him Jannatul Firdaws. Ameen ya rabb.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
sympathy & condolences

Verily Allah does not take knowledge from the hearts of the people, but by the death of the Ulema.

May Allah have mercy on him

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

sympathy & condolences
To the family of
Shaykh Abdullaah Al-Ghudyaan

To Allah belongs what Allah swt takes and to Allah swt belongs what Allah swt gives.
And there is a set time by Allah swt for everything.
Do exercise patience.
Allah grants sabr and patience in all misfortunes .
And the peace of Allah be upon you and
Allah swt mercy and blessings."

~~~:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:~~~

Shaykh Abdullaah Al-Ghudyaan

Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Aal Ghudayyaan

Member of Council of Senior Scholars
Member of Lajnah ad-Daa`imah lil Iftaa
Muslim World League

He was born in 1345 A.H./1934 M in the city of az-Zulfee~Saudi Al Arabia.

His Studies/Teachers

He studied the basics of reading and writing, when young, with 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez as-Suhaymee, and 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan al-Ghayth, and Faalih ar-Roomee. He also studied the basics of fiqh, tawheed, Arabic grammar and faraa.id with Hamdaan Ibn Ahmad al-Baatil. He then travelled to Riyadh in 1363 A.H./1952 M, and in 1366 A.H./1955 M he enrolled into al-Madrasah as-Sa'oodiyyah al-Ibtidaa.iyyah (previously known as Madrasatul-Aytaam) and graduated from there in 1368 A.H./1957 M

He was then appointed a teacher in al-Madrasah al-'Azeeziyyah, and in 1371 A.H./1960 M he enrolled into the Educational Institute. During this period he studied with Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem Aal ash-Shaykh. He also studied fiqh with Shaykh Sa'ood Ibn Rashood who was the (grand) judge of Riyadh, and tawheed with Shaykh Ibraaheem Ibn Sulaymaan, and Arabic grammar and faraa.id with Shaykh 'Abdul-Lateef Ibn Ibraaheem. He then continued his studies until he graduated from the Faculty of Sharee'ah in 1372 A.H./1961 M

His Appointed Positions

He was then appointed head of one of the courts, and then later transferred to teaching at the Educational Institute in 1378 A.H./1967 M In 1380 A.H./1969 M he was then appointed a teacher at the Faculty of Sharee'ah, and in 1386 A.H./1975 M he was transferred to passing fatwa at the Daar al-Iftaa.

In 1391 A.H./1980 M he was appointed a member of The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa in addition to member of the Council of Senior Scholars.

Some of His most distinguished teachers:

He studied with a number of scholars in differing fields, and from amongst the well-known (in addition to those who have preceded) are:

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah) with whom he studied fiqh;

Shaykh 'Abdullaah al-Khulayfee with whom he also studied fiqh;

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Rasheed with whom he studied fiqh, tawheed and faraa'id;

Shaykh Muhammad al-Ameen ash-Shanqeetee with whom he studied usool al-fiqh, sciences of the Qur.aan, and tafseer;

Shaykh 'Abdur-Rahmaan al-Afreeqee with whom he studied mustalah and hadeeth;

Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq 'Afeefee;

'Abdul-Fattaah Qaaree al-Bukhaaree with whom he studied the Qur.aan in the recitation of Hafs 'an 'Aasim, to which the chain of transmission reaches the Messenger (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam);

Shaykh Muhammed Ibn Ibraheem Aali Shaykh.

Some of his most distinguished students:

Grand Mufti, Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Aali Shaykh

Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan Aali Fawzaan.

In addition to what has preceded of his work

from 1389 A.H./1978 M. to date he has been a teacher of fiqh, usool al-fiqh, al-qawaa.id al-fiqhiyyah, mustalah and hadeeth, tafseer and it's sciences and 'aqeedah.

He has also been teaching fiqh in organised gatherings/lessons most days of the week, according to his schedule of many duties, after maghrib and after 'Ishaa. Sometimes he will teach after fajr and also after 'asr.

From 1395 A.H./1984 M, in addition to his work with The Permanent Committee, he gave lessons to students of knowledge in higher studies at the University of Imaam Muhammad and the Faculty of Sharee'ah in fiqh, usool al-fiqh, al-qawaa.id al-fiqhiyyah. He was also involved in supervising a number of theses at the Masters degree and Doctorate level, whilst also taking part in the (university) committee discussing theses. During this period, many students studied with him.

When Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Humayd died in 1402 A.H./1991M, he was undertook to giving fatwa on the radio programme "Noorun 'alad-Darb".

The Shaykh passed away o Tuesday 18 1431H/1 June 2010Masihi

I am deeply sorry for the loss~

:tti_sister:May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon

it makes me sad whenever i hear an 'aalim who walks in the path of sunnah passed away even though i never heard about him.

Shishani

Staff member

May Allaah the Most High forgive his sins, have mercy on his soul and make him enter al-Jannah, al-Firdaws al-A'laa, innahoo 'alaa kulli shay-in qadeer.

He is the 5th scholar who passes away in about 2 years.

Bakr Aboo Zayd
Ahmad an-Najmee
'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen
Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab Marzooq al-Bannaa
and now 'Abdullaah al-Ghudayyaan

May Allaah the Most Great have mercy on their souls.

Ibn Uthaymin

May Allaah the Most High forgive his sins, have mercy on his soul and make him enter al-Jannah, al-Firdaws al-A'laa, innahoo 'alaa kulli shay-in qadeer.

He is the 5th scholar who passes away in about 2 years.

Bakr Aboo Zayd
Ahmad an-Najmee
'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen
Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab Marzooq al-Bannaa
and now 'Abdullaah al-Ghudayyaan

May Allaah the Most Great have mercy on their souls.

Shaykh Ahmad an-Najmee passed away? May Allah have mercy on them all