Shaving of eyebrows

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatulahi wa barakatuh my dera brothers and sisters.:SMILY139: i was jus wondering if it is halal to shave between the eyebrows.Is it??? I kno the women who shaves their eyebrows are cursed so i dont do it,but someone once told me that between the eyebrows are not considered part of the eyebrows and could be shaved.is that true????
:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamu aleikum .Sorry I don't know exactly,but somebody told me that it's permitted if for example your husband asks u to do so_Once again i just heard it from somebody.
The best to check it with Sunna,but I don't know the hadith about it
sorry
wa salam

dna1987

Muslim Guy

kayleigh

http://kalamullah.com/Bilal Assad/Bilal Assad - Those who desire Paradise - Part 04.mp3

Download that lecture, in the question answer part, Bilal Assad answers that question very well.

Basically, you can take off what is above the nose, as that is not part of the eyebrows.

Actually, I recommend you listen to all for parts of the above lecture using the following links:

Those Who Desire Paradise by Bilal Assad
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

Salam alaikum.

That's where I got my answer from months ago :hijabi: It's a wonderful lecture. It always makes me cry.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
That's where I got my answer from months ago :hijabi: It's a wonderful lecture. It always makes me cry.

I agree. Out of all the lecturers and speakers I've heard, Bilal Assad's ones are the most motivating for me.

muslimways.com (his lectures are all there too). I hope he makes more :)

Salam alailkum.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Basically, you can take off what is above the nose, as that is not part of the eyebrows.

are you sure? because it ain't called a uni-brow for nuthin!

I'm doubtful about that, I mean really. How is that NOT a part of your eyebrows? I mean brows above the eyes not nose, i get that, but it's all together isn't it?? I don't think I'm going to listen to the lecture, not because of anything besides the fact that, i don't have time AND i've already decided long ago, that I'm not gonna mess with my features, even the bits i don't like. So I won't worry if whatevers up there is part of my eyebrows or not, because i'm not gonna touch it.

lol... BUT i must say that bumps don't count. They are sooo not a part of my face, though i try not to touch them either ;)

kayleigh

:salam2:

are you sure? because it ain't called a uni-brow for nuthin!

I'm doubtful about that, I mean really. How is that NOT a part of your eyebrows? I mean brows above the eyes not nose, i get that, but it's all together isn't it?? I don't think I'm going to listen to the lecture, not because of anything besides the fact that, i don't have time AND i've already decided long ago, that I'm not gonna mess with my features, even the bits i don't like. So I won't worry if whatevers up there is part of my eyebrows or not, because i'm not gonna touch it.

lol... BUT i must say that bumps don't count. They are sooo not a part of my face, though i try not to touch them either ;)

I know you said you already decided, but just so you know (since you can't listen to the lectures)...

In one of the lectures posted above it's explained that in Arabic, the word used when referring to not plucking your eyebrows just means the hair above your eyes and not in between. The hair in between is fair game because it doesn't fall under the category of hair above your eye.

I agree. Out of all the lecturers and speakers I've heard, Bilal Assad's ones are the most motivating for me.

muslimways.com (his lectures are all there too). I hope he makes more :)

Salam alailkum.

Thanks so much.

He does such beautiful Qur'an recitations.

samiha

---------
Staff member
I know you said you already decided, but just so you know (since you can't listen to the lectures)...

In one of the lectures posted above it's explained that in Arabic, the word used when referring to not plucking your eyebrows just means the hair above your eyes and not in between. The hair in between is fair game because it doesn't fall under the category of hair above your eye.

Assalamu alaykum.

thanks bunches. I didn't mean to sound like I doubted him or anything, I was just confused. I apologize if it sounded bad or anything. But since I don't have time to listen as of now, insha'Allah maybe some other time :) But I looked it up, and it seems I must swallow my words. All except that to me it doesn't make a difference, my eyebrows don't bother me, and it seems like if you do it once, you'd have to KEEP doing it to keep it looking right and I don't have that kind of patience and determination :D That's not a game I play :p but you know...

This is for a guy, but girls same thing applies:

As for hair other than that, such as the hair that grows on the forehead and between the eyebrows, there is nothing wrong with removing it according to some scholars.

Others are of the view that it is not allowed, especially if it is removed by plucking, with a thread or otherwise.

The reason for the difference of opinion is the difference of opinion about the meaning of the word namas (plucking) which is mentioned in the hadeeth which curses the one who does that. Some of them interpreted it as specific to the eyebrows and some interpreted it as including all facial hair. Namas is haraam for both men and women, because it is changing the creation of Allaah, and there is no difference between men and women in this case.

The first view – which is that namas applies only to the eyebrows – was held by a number of scholars, and the scholars of the Standing Committee issued fatwas on that basis. They stated that it is permissible to remove facial hair apart from the beard and eyebrows, and we have quoted their fatwa in the answer to question no. 1173 and 21400.

The second view – which is that namas refers to removal all of facial hair – was held by many scholars and was favoured by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him), who said it is not allowed for men to pluck hair from their faces.

He (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked): What is the ruling on plucking grey hairs from the hair and beard?

He replied:

With regard to the beard or facial hair it is haraam, because this is namas. Namas means plucking the facial hair, of which the beard is a part, and it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks facial hair and the woman who has that done. We say to this man: if you were to look for every hair that has turned white and pluck it out, you would have no beard left. So leave what Allaah has created as He created it and do not pluck anything.

But if it refers to plucking hair from the head, it does not reach the level of being haraam, because that is not namas. End quote from Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (11/123).

It seems – and Allaah knows best – that namas refers specifically to removing hair from the eyebrows. Based on that there is nothing wrong with a man removing hair from his face other than the beard and eyebrows.

Islam Q & A

wasalam

kayleigh

Assalamu alaykum.

thanks bunches. I didn't mean to sound like I doubted him or anything, I was just confused. I apologize if it sounded bad or anything. But since I don't have time to listen as of now, insha'Allah maybe some other time :)

No problem, that's not how it sounded at all.

But if you ever do have time, I would recommend listening to it. It's a really wonderful lecture with or without the question and answer at the end :)

Aliyah206

http://kalamullah.com/Bilal Assad/Bilal Assad - Those who desire Paradise - Part 04.mp3

Download that lecture, in the question answer part, Bilal Assad answers that question very well.

Actually, I recommend you listen to all for parts of the above lecture using the following links:

Those Who Desire Paradise by Bilal Assad
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

Salam alaikum.
saala u aliakum..
mashallah..brotha Bilal Assad has gifted vioce when it comes to quraan recitation...mashallah..may allah bless him foreva