Should I stop....

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

I heard that you must always obey your parents (unless it involves disobidience to Allah), even if they tell you not to learn Islam :confused: Is this true...??? :confused: Does this mean I can't learn about Islam anymore??? :(:(:(

revert2007

Love Fishing
of course no.isn;t it against islam.whatever is against islam do not listen to them except if ur going for jihad and u hv parents to be taken care..give priority to ur parents.
it depends in what sense they mean do not learn islam.is it from the internet,from books,from people or they just told u not to learn anything about islam?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
of course no.isn;t it against islam.whatever is against islam do not listen to them except if ur going for jihad and u hv parents to be taken care..give priority to ur parents.
it depends in what sense they mean do not learn islam.is it from the internet,from books,from people or they just told u not to learn anything about islam?

They meant from the internet and from people, not from books cuz then that means I cant read the quran :(:(:(

revert2007

Love Fishing
They meant from the internet and from people, not from books cuz then that means I cant read the quran :(:(:(
then i guess u should listen to them.if possible ask them to tolerate with u.as the valid reason for it.even my husband banned me from alot of things and i just need to listen to him and obey him even if it is for islam.
:(

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
then i guess u should listen to them.if possible ask them to tolerate with u.as the valid reason for it.even my husband banned me from alot of things and i just need to listen to him and obey him even if it is for islam.
:(

:( Really..?? :( But what if it makes me disobidient to Allah..???

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

wait sis im just wondering , how can that be true, i read somewhere like its a old saying or a popular saying, that u shud gain knowledge even if u have to go to china.
and plus in a non muslim country Internet is a very important source,

sis muslim_Gurl, u shud look at ur situation, books doesn't work for everyone some ppl are visual learners u needs vids and other useful stuff ,
just talk with ur parents and maybe show them from time to time this is what u have learned Alhumdulilah :)

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
aslam o aliakum

wait sis im just wondering , how can that be true, i read somewhere like its a old saying or a popular saying, that u shud gain knowledge even if u have to go to china.
and plus in a non muslim country Internet is a very important source,

sis muslim_Gurl, u shud look at ur situation, books doesn't work for everyone some ppl are visual learners u needs vids and other useful stuff ,
just talk with ur parents and maybe show them from time to time this is what u have learned Alhumdulilah :)

LOL :D even if I have to go to China?? lools :D

*sigh* I wish :shymuslima1:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
LOL :D even if I have to go to China?? lools :D

*sigh* I wish :shymuslima1:

u know wat i mean sis :) in that time china was somethign really far and people used to travel to china to study

and for me i have learned everything about islam online, in Canada which u r from too, we dont have resources so cant help it :) be nice to ur parents they will understand inshallah

revert2007

Love Fishing
yes he is right somehow ...but u know..those days there were no internet ..yet people can gain knowledge..and i beileve that book is the major source of gaining knowledge..if u see those scholors who make others convert to islam..they read a lot of books.so just read books and obey ur parents....ask u parents to spend their money on books lol

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
yes he is right somehow ...but u know..those days there were no internet ..yet people can gain knowledge..and i beileve that book is the major source of gaining knowledge..if u see those scholors who make others convert to islam..they read a lot of books.so just read books and obey ur parents....ask u parents to spend their money on books lol

:) sis is right :) sis ;) do what u can :) i know in my city in canada there is like no islamic book store so the internet is all i got :) and books can be ur best friend :) if u find good ones inshallah :)

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Sister, I am confused as to why your parents don't want you to learn about Islam anyway? Can you clarify?
Already answered: "They meant from the internet and from people"

And it makes sense to me also; learning from Internet isn't the best thing to do - books are awesome.
I think, we most young people, need to get into habit of reading - it's awesome if you give it a go.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Understood the situation Alhamdhulillah!

Please correct if I am wrong. Your parents do not want you to be on forums and websites to learn Islam. Correct?

There can be possible reasons for that too.

1) You are young and there are a lot of websites and forums over there which may lead a one (including my poor self) away from the true path.

2) There are so many deviated sects and/or opinions which goes against the true teachings of Islam.

3) There are many people out there who are (yes) Muslims, but chat with sisters over non-essential matters in private, semi-public and public, due to the less control they have over their desires. This is strictly prohibited in Islam, and this cause great Fitnah.

4) Mothers and fathers see many of their children sometimes go on one of the two sides of extremism. Some goes weak until they say Allah is not there, and some say they have to kill all the Kuffar they see.

5) Most of the parents are not very familiar with internet, so their children are much smarter than them in it, which might lead them to have no control over them from some extend.

6) Many parents are not very religious and may have some wrong ideas regarding Islam, came from their childhood backgrounds. Its up to their children to give them love and pray for them, with utmost sincere caring.

And there are many other possible reasons too.

Back to your original issue. Since your parents are asking from you to stop using internet and talking with "unknown" (they may seem to be known) people, you should talk with both of them very politely despite of your age. I prefer you to go and talk with your mother, as you are a sister. Mothers understand us better than fathers most of the times. (But in my case, both are almost equal. Alhamdhulillah! :)).

Talk her very politely and take her to this website. Show her where you are being, and tell her to search for her own too. Tell her that you will surely be a good daughter who will be careful about her Deen, Parents and Iffah inshaAllah. And follow your words as much as possible. Ask her for reasons why she is asking you to do it, and tell her that you will obey her if things you do are wrong and leading to astray.

Talk with her politely about the increment you achieved in knowledge of Deen by being here, and talk about your nature. She will know her daughter better than anyone in this whole world for sure.

Remember! Your parents love you a lot. That is the sole reason they are asking you to do it. Your mother carried you in her womb for nine months with so much of difficulties. After you are born, both of them raised you as a Muslimah who fears her Lord. Whenever you cry, they were there with you. So do not ever think that they are asking this because they do not love you or that they want you not to learn your Deen. But it is most probably due to the Fitnah internet brings. Surely the Fitnah of internet is so strong. A'oodu Billahi Minash-shaitaanirrajeem.

If they show you a valid reason, them immediately agree with them, and if their reason is not valid try your best to convince them and if they do not agree with you, then have a temporary break from internet. I am saying this not ever to hurt you, but with it, you will be able to get great amounts of Ajr inshaAllah.

Before ending, let me remind you about the most important thing that you must do. Ask Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) always to protect you from any evil that occurs in your life, and ask Him to give good thinking to your parents. Never let your Eaman to get weak, rather replace what you lose (if you should) from books. I am sure inshaAllah your parents will be happy to buy books for you.

Also remember that Caring to Parents is the second most important 'Ibadah in Islam, after Five Daily Salah.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
your brother in Islam

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

I heard that you must always obey your parents (unless it involves disobidience to Allah), even if they tell you not to learn Islam :confused: Is this true...??? :confused: Does this mean I can't learn about Islam anymore??? :(:(:(

if u can increase ur knowledge on Islam frm other sources like books, lectures...maybe u have to listen to ur parents.

but i have 2 ideas for u...:)

1. advice them politely that u need internet for better Islamic info.

2. surf the net in front of them like in drawning room, etc so they see u r not doing anything wrong.

3. help ur mom in cooking food, cleaning home and tell her that the knowledge u gain frm internt has brought that change in u. :D

and Allah knows best

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
"Many parents are not very religious and may have some wrong ideas regarding Islam, came from their childhood backgrounds. Its up to their children to give them love and pray for them, with utmost sincere caring"

Thats why :( And the only reason they can't stop me from reading books is cuz the Quran is also a book, and they aren't THAT bad to stop me from reading Quran.

But when they do see me reading other islamic book, they get really mad :(
So basically....they don't want me learning Islam...AT ALL.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
if u can increase ur knowledge on Islam frm other sources like books, lectures...maybe u have to listen to ur parents.

but i have 2 ideas for u...:)

1. advice them politely that u need internet for better Islamic info.

2. surf the net in front of them like in drawning room, etc so they see u r not doing anything wrong.

3. help ur mom in cooking food, cleaning home and tell her that the knowledge u gain frm internt has brought that change in u. :D
and Allah knows best

LOL :D then I'll get a TIGHT slap LOL :D
And I'll blame you for it :D:D:D:D:D:D Im just kidding....

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Remember! Your parents love you a lot. That is the sole reason they are asking you to do it. Your mother carried you in her womb for nine months with so much of difficulties. After you are born, both of them raised you as a Muslimah who fears her Lord. Whenever you cry, they were there with you. So do not ever think that they are asking this because they do not love you or that they want you not to learn your Deen. But it is most probably due to the Fitnah internet brings. Surely the Fitnah of internet is so strong. A'oodu Billahi Minash-shaitaanirrajeem.

I wish.....:(

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
ouchi!!! that kind of painful and hard to follow but sis and bro are right parents come first in islam. i don't think you should disboey them.but considering the fact that they don't want you to learn about islam i'd say that changes things.one queation :

will they stop u from using the net if you were getting info on beyuonce knowles or mnm....................?

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salamu alaikkum sister. You need to balance out some things in shaAllah. But here is a fatwa that kind of fits into your situation most of the times, so in shaAllah I hope it helps :)...

Allah has favoured me by islam. And I love to seek knowledge, but my parents stopped me, they are strongly against seeking Islamic knowledge. I had then to travel and seek knowledge in another city without their permission. When they ask me after I come home late, I lie to them. I spend a full day every week away from home, they think that I am studying with friends, but I am not, I lie to them a lot.
My questions are:
Is it permissible for me to lie to them, although I know that lying is a great sin and crime, but it is the only way for me to continue seeking knowledge?
What shall I do if they know what I was hiding? They will, for sure, stop me seeking islamic knowledge, shall I obey them then or continue what I am doing? They may tell me to leave home if I do not stop, I am a medical student, I cannot do anything else outside to spend on myself, what shall I do?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Seeking shar’i (Islamic) knowledge is one of the greatest means of drawing closer to Allaah, and is a sign that Allaah is guiding and loves His slave, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for a person, He causes him to understand the religion.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (71) and Muslim (1037).

This knowledge may be divided into fard ‘ayn (individual obligation) and fard kifaayah (communal obligation). That which is an individual obligation is that which the Muslim needs to know in order for his ‘aqeedah (belief), worship and interactions with others to be sound.

Everything other than that is naafil or supererogatory for the individual, but it is a communal obligation for the ummah as a whole.

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked: Is studying shar’i knowledge obligatory?

They replied: Shar’i knowledge falls into two categories. There is that which is obligatory for every Muslim, male and female, to know, which is knowledge of the basics of faith, the pillars of Islam, the rulings on prayer, how to do wudoo’ and purify oneself from janaabah and so on. It is in this sense that the famous hadeeth, “Seeking knowledge is a duty on every Muslim” is to be understood.

The second category is fard kifaayah (a communal obligation), which is learning all aspects of Islamic knowledge, the details of various cases and the evidence for them. If some people undertake this, the rest of the ummah is absolved of sin. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (12/90).

Secondly:

The basic principle concerning lying is that it is haraam and it is only permissible in specific cases that have been explained in sharee’ah, in order to attain major benefits or ward off harm. For more information on these cases please see the answer to question no. 47564.

Thirdly:

Going out to seek knowledge without one’s parents’ permission or against their wishes is something that is subject to further discussion.

1 – If acquiring the knowledge is an individual obligation, then it is not essential to have one’s parents’ permission, and if they try to stop you then you do not have to obey them with regard to that. But lying is a serious matter, and equivocation or ambiguity is a safe way to avoid a lie. Al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Saheeh: Chapter: Equivocation or ambiguity is a safe way to avoid a lie. Ishaaq said: I heard Anas (say): A son of Abu Talhah died, and he said: How is the boy? Umm Sulaym said: He has calmed down, and I hope that he has found relief. And he thought that she was telling the truth.

Equivocation or ambiguity is the opposite of clarity. What is meant is saying one thing and meaning something else, or deliberate ambiguity; it is a way out of lying.

Al-Haafiz said: The point of quoting what Umm Sulaym said, He has calmed down, and I hope that he has found relief., is that Abu Talhah understood from that that the sick child had recovered, because she said “calmed down” in the sense of quietening down, and gave the impression that he had fallen asleep. When a sick person falls asleep, it may be a sign that the sickness has gone or is reduced. But what she actually meant was that the child had died. This is reflected in her words, “I hope that he has found relief”. He understood that the child had found relief by recovering whereas she meant that he had found relief from the problems of this world and the pain of sickness. She was telling the truth as far as what she meant is concerned, but what she told Abu Talhah was something other than what he understood. So the narrator said: He thought that she was telling the truth, i.e., based on what he understood. End quote from Fath al-Baari (10/594).

Ibn Qutaybah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: An example of equivocation is what Ibraaheem al-Khaleel (peace be upon him) said concerning his wife, “She is my sister,” meaning that the believers are brothers and sisters of one another. End quote from Ta’weel Mukhtalif al-Hadeeth, p. 35.

If you are asked why you are late, for example, you can say that you were studying with a friend, and they will think that you mean you were studying medicine, when in fact you mean that you were studying Islam. Or you can say that you were with a classmate, meaning a fellow student of Islam, or that you passed by your friend, meaning on your way back from the Islamic class. This ambiguity is only to be used when necessary and you should not do it a great deal when there is no need for it, because that may lead to lying, loss of respect and loss of trust in what a person says.

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked: It is essential to have parents’ permission for seeking knowledge that is obligatory, or not?

They replied: Seeking knowledge on which the validity of your faith and performance of obligatory duties depend does not require parents’ permission, but when it comes to knowledge that is a communal obligation, then parents’ permission should be sought. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (12/78).

2 – If the parents do not let you attend religious study circles because they dislike your seeking Islamic knowledge, then you should not ask their permission and you are not obliged to obey them in that case. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: … But if he knows that his parents dislike him seeking Islamic knowledge, then he should not obey them, and he should not ask them for permission if he goes out, because their motive is dislike of Islamic knowledge. See his comments in full in the answer to question no. 11558.

3 – If going out to seek knowledge requires travel and being absent from them when they need you to help them and so on, then you must ask their permission. But if seeking knowledge is in the same city where you live, and they do not need you during the period when you are outside the home, then their permission is not essential.

Al-Khallaal narrated that a man asked Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him): I am seeking knowledge, but my mother has told me not to do that; she wants me to work in trade. He said to me: Be kind to her and say something pleasing to her, but do not stop seeking knowledge.

Ibn Muflih said in al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (1/646): The author of al-Nuzum said: Do not obey them in forsaking a confirmed naafil action such as seeking knowledge that will not harm them. End quote.

Fourthly:

You should note that there are many ways of acquiring knowledge, especially nowadays when tapes, CDs and books are widely available. For example:

1- You can make use of books, tapes and information available on the internet.

2- You can make use of the programs on some satellite channels such as beneficial lessons which are presented on the educational Majd channel.

3- You can read books and ask knowledgeable people via the internet or through other means, about things you are confused about.

See also the answer to question no. 20191 for more information on how to seek knowledge.

We ask Allaah to help and guide you.

And Allaah knows best.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
As salamu alaikkum sister. You need to balance out some things in shaAllah. But here is a fatwa that kind of fits into your situation most of the times, so in shaAllah I hope it helps :)...

:wasalam:

:SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288:
:jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap:
:wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms: