so if I say....abt a good da'ee!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamualikum.Well sis I am not aware of salah tasbeeh.Why don't you just tell her to do 12 sunnah salah if she wants to do more salah then 5 obligatory salah.Just renew her intention to sunnah salah and of course do not pray during the forbidden time like before Zohr when the sun is high.In the morning when the sun rises she can perform salah duha as much as she wants.And at night she can pray night prayers as much as she wants.

Anyway I will google what is salah tasbeeh :D

Will try to get useful fatwas and evidence in sha Allah

sister i didn't quite got the 12 sunnah thing:confused:she prays almost all of those:)!!

Here are some links which might help you.So far thsoe hadiths are daeef and it is concluded that thsi salah is bi'dah and should be avoided.

LINK 1
From TTI previous Thread

jazakallah khairan for the links sister.i was given a good answer by BrotherInIslam but these links will add to my knowledge;)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:wasalam:,

just few sentences i would like to say :)

1. learn and practice before preaching to be a good example. and have patience after preaching bcoz u may hear some disliking words.

2. dont forget to mention Oneness of Allah, paradise and fire, benefits of good deeds in this world/grave/judgment day and problems bad deeds may create.

barak Allah feeki

jazakallah kharian for the post akhi.recent events her has proven the importance your simple advice and i needed it very much:)pray that i';m strong inshallah.
2nd point is beneficial i'll keep it in mind:)

jazakallah khairan

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
jazakallah khairan for LINK 1 on salat tasbhee it was veryvery beneficial.inshallah i'll convey all this to my mother so she'll understand inshallah.

about the other link.sister i was reading the old TTI thread regarding salat tasbhee and i cam across the prayers of repentance fatwa in post #10.it says salat tauba can be recited even at times whan prayers are disallowed but the fatwa didn't provide referance to this specific point.i'm confused??

revert2007

Love Fishing
jazakallah khairan for LINK 1 on salat tasbhee it was veryvery beneficial.inshallah i'll convey all this to my mother so she'll understand inshallah.

about the other link.sister i was reading the old TTI thread regarding salat tasbhee and i cam across the prayers of repentance fatwa in post #10.it says salat tauba can be recited even at times whan prayers are disallowed but the fatwa didn't provide referance to this specific point.i'm confused??

Yes dear it is right.Well I can serach the reference but from what I hear from scoholars is that...death comes any moment.So if a person think that he has committed sin-small or big,must quickly perform the salah taubah even if it is at the forbidden....

3 – The time for the prayer of repentance
It is mustahabb to offer this prayer when the Muslim has decided to repent from the sin that he has committed, whether this repentance comes immediately after committing the sin or later on. The sinner must hasten to repent but if he delays it, it will still be accepted, because repentance is accepted so long as one of the following impediments does not occur:
(i) When the soul reaches the throat (at death). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will accept the repentance of His slave so long as the death rattle has not yet begun.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi (3537).

(ii) When the sun rises from the west. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever repents before the sun rises from the west, Allaah will accept his repentance.” Narrated by Muslim (2703).

This prayer is prescribed at all times including times when prayer is disallowed (such as after ‘Asr prayer), because it is one of the prayers that are done for a reason, so it is prescribed when the reason for it is present.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: Prayers which are done for a reason, such as the prostration of recitation, greeting the mosque, the eclipse prayer, prayer immediately after purifying oneself, as mentioned in the hadeeth of Bilaal, and istikhaarah prayer should not be delayed if the reason comes up at a time when prayer is disallowed, because delaying them may cause one to miss them, such as if the one who is praying istikhaarah may miss the thing concerning which he is seeking guidance if he delays the prayer. The same applies to the prayer of repentance. If a person commits a sin, then it is obligatory to repent straight away, and it is recommended for him to pray two rak’ahs, then repent, as it says in the hadeeth of Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (23/215).
source

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Yes dear it is right.Well I can serach the reference but from what I hear from scoholars is that...death comes any moment.So if a person think that he has committed sin-small or big,must quickly perform the salah taubah even if it is at the forbidden....

3 – The time for the prayer of repentance
It is mustahabb to offer this prayer when the Muslim has decided to repent from the sin that he has committed, whether this repentance comes immediately after committing the sin or later on. The sinner must hasten to repent but if he delays it, it will still be accepted, because repentance is accepted so long as one of the following impediments does not occur:
(i) When the soul reaches the throat (at death). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will accept the repentance of His slave so long as the death rattle has not yet begun.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi (3537).

(ii) When the sun rises from the west. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever repents before the sun rises from the west, Allaah will accept his repentance.” Narrated by Muslim (2703).

This prayer is prescribed at all times including times when prayer is disallowed (such as after ‘Asr prayer), because it is one of the prayers that are done for a reason, so it is prescribed when the reason for it is present.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: Prayers which are done for a reason, such as the prostration of recitation, greeting the mosque, the eclipse prayer, prayer immediately after purifying oneself, as mentioned in the hadeeth of Bilaal, and istikhaarah prayer should not be delayed if the reason comes up at a time when prayer is disallowed, because delaying them may cause one to miss them, such as if the one who is praying istikhaarah may miss the thing concerning which he is seeking guidance if he delays the prayer. The same applies to the prayer of repentance. If a person commits a sin, then it is obligatory to repent straight away, and it is recommended for him to pray two rak’ahs, then repent, as it says in the hadeeth of Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (23/215).
source

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

jazakallah khairan again sister.this is what was in that fatwa too:)i understand the importance:).

and the link was nice.lol it's funny how i search for one thing and find many others that are 100 times more beneficial:p

Ashima33

I'm not for sure what kind of structure this project is going to have. But I can tell you I disagree with dawah on the basis of you going out and initiating the conversations about Islam to non-muslims. If it's something that comes up in general conversation, or someone comes to you asking about our religion... then YES by all means give dawah. If it is like the first description, it just doesn't make sense to me knowing how many times it is stated in the Qur'an: God guides whom He wills.

Christian Missionaries do amazing humanitarian work, but I don't agree with their intentions of saving people in the process. I think you should help people solely for the sake of helping them.

If a conversation about Islam does start, I would advise that you treat the person like they have more knowledge than you. Not more knowledge of Islam, but just in a worldly sense. I think this keeps us humbled because no one likes to have some one talking to them like, "Oh you don't know anything." But really, you don't know a lot about these people and their backgrounds. Someone could have a hang up on religion because they have issues with authority. Maybe they have issues with authority because they were abused by their parents or something. So, these are things we may not know or understand in the beginning of conversations.

Well, that's all i have for now. Good Luck =]

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I'm not for sure what kind of structure this project is going to have. But I can tell you I disagree with dawah on the basis of you going out and initiating the conversations about Islam to non-muslims. If it's something that comes up in general conversation, or someone comes to you asking about our religion... then YES by all means give dawah. If it is like the first description, it just doesn't make sense to me knowing how many times it is stated in the Qur'an: God guides whom He wills.

Christian Missionaries do amazing humanitarian work, but I don't agree with their intentions of saving people in the process. I think you should help people solely for the sake of helping them.

If a conversation about Islam does start, I would advise that you treat the person like they have more knowledge than you. Not more knowledge of Islam, but just in a worldly sense. I think this keeps us humbled because no one likes to have some one talking to them like, "Oh you don't know anything." But really, you don't know a lot about these people and their backgrounds. Someone could have a hang up on religion because they have issues with authority. Maybe they have issues with authority because they were abused by their parents or something. So, these are things we may not know or understand in the beginning of conversations.

Well, that's all i have for now. Good Luck =]

Oh good one sister jazakallah khairan.i'll keep it in mind:)