So when was the last time you....

misbah ul haya

asalam u alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
nice thread.:ma:
i last time kissed my mom on a hot and mournful day of 2006. now there is temporary separation between me and her and that is 'DEATH'.:shymuslima1:
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE.MAY ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA MAKE HER GRAVE A GARDEN OF JANNAH BY HIS FADL. AMEEN
wasalam

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2:
........ hugged and kissed your mum?
I am asking this question because, in the masjid today, i heard a girl say to her friend that she disliked hugging her mum and tha she felt uncomfortable.
I never thought that a daughter could feel this way and it really shocked me!
(Not in the bad way!)
I am forever hugging my mum and kissing her to the extent that she has to tell me to stop! :shymuslima1:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We all have our own thoughts and opinions.
So i hope i have not hurt anyone inshAllah. :blackhijab:

Do you feel this too and when was the last time you showed your love to your mum?

May Allah give our parents barakah in their life, and for those parents who have passed away, may Allah grant them Jannat-ul-Firdous. Aameen

:tti_sister:

i dont have a full stop .........i hug my mom so much that she get's fed up of me.....and the last time i hgugged and kissed her was 5 seconds back...wow i got a good topic...

warda A

Sister

MashaAllah
nice thread

I kiss my mum daily on her head as a mark of respect & love, i tell her anything and i see her as my friend (jannah is under the feet of our mothers) and when i make her angry ,i apologize imediately, she forgives with no backward glance.

But, it also depends on how your mum treats you (also depends on her upbringing)as some sisters have said, you have to be close to hug your mum 24/7
some mums are very critical and that puts a wedge in the affection from their children, it isnt easy hugging and kissing your mum in such a situation.
Mothers being the most important people should teach their children openly how to be close and alway in a good manner.
MashaAllah how ever much our mums push us out , we still do the best to love & respect them, it goes the same to dads.

:hearts:

all & all may Allah guide our mums to the straight path and those who have passed to be granted jannatul fardous, ameen

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
i last time kissed my mom on a hot and mournful day of 2006. now there is temporary separation between me and her and that is 'DEATH'.:shymuslima1:
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE.MAY ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA MAKE HER GRAVE A GARDEN OF JANNAH BY HIS FADL. AMEEN
wasalam

oh my dear sister......i know how your feeling .....well, sister , you know everyo ne has a written date......everyone has to go...my mother and father have to go, my sisters and my brothers have to go....everyone has to go...one day i will also dye :blackhijab:...sister mashallah w4e are muslims ..and we are proud to be muslims .....allah will surely put your mother in jannah ...allah does everything for our good ..who knows your mom was suffering ..so, allah took her ...and now your mother is free of tension :blackhijab:

IslamicGirl24

You poked the sorest spot in my heart with this one sister..it's the first time I ever speak of this but..

My mom pushed me away with obvious discomfort (in front of the entire family) the last time I *tried* to hug her..ever since..I have avoided even sitting close to her..mind you..I don't even remember the last time *she* rubbed over *my hair* nonetheless *hug me*...

Alhamduliallah anyway :)

:wasalam:

Ha!! Thats exactly what my mother does.... she says " Don't be over, alright"!:shymuslima1:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Awww sister, don't worry. You know, sometimes my mom and I don't get along at all. The thing is, no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, she's usually upset with me, and I can never be good enough for her. These feelings deep inside me, I don't let her know that she hurts me because I feel she would've been much happier with some other daughter than me, and she's constantly saying how nice all the other girls are, which makes me feel even more bad. But then I think, she's my mother, and I'll love her no matter what, because she's the only mother I have or will ever have. Ah sorry, but now this is making me cry. :( I wish I could be a better daughter for her, but now I know that's impossible, I've tried so hard but always there will be something she will not like with me. When I read this thread or I hear others talk about how wonderful all their mothers are, sometimes I get jealous. But its okay. I'll be strong. :SMILY346:

All mothers do that though, seriously :confused:

'Such an such probably does this that and the other and STILL completes coursework on time' ..or 'such and suchs mum was telling me how she never washed a single dirty dish in the past decade' yeh thats cos they always use the dishwasher, not cos her daughter washes them! < but ofcourse, you keep that fact to yourself.

Its character building though.

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
OoOoO....I just love my mom and i have kiss her yesterday because today she is not at home ....I am feeling boreeeeeeee.....sometimes when i feel love for my mom i just dont really know what to do ...??? I call her mommy,mum maa.ammi and i usually call her my friend....I huggggggggggg her soooo much.....
Well sister you have brought a topic jazakillah...
walaikumsalam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Awww sister, don't worry. You know, sometimes my mom and I don't get along at all. The thing is, no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, she's usually upset with me, and I can never be good enough for her. These feelings deep inside me, I don't let her know that she hurts me because I feel she would've been much happier with some other daughter than me, and she's constantly saying how nice all the other girls are, which makes me feel even more bad. But then I think, she's my mother, and I'll love her no matter what, because she's the only mother I have or will ever have. Ah sorry, but now this is making me cry. :( I wish I could be a better daughter for her, but now I know that's impossible, I've tried so hard but always there will be something she will not like with me. When I read this thread or I hear others talk about how wonderful all their mothers are, sometimes I get jealous. But its okay. I'll be strong. :SMILY346:
That's like my mother in a *simplified* nutshell (my mom has more traits & incidents with me which make our relationship sour)...but to be honest sister..I just gave up on changing her long time ago..Now I do things for Allah's sake regarding her..I help around the house..I do what's asked of me..and that's it..because I want to please Allah..and because my mom killed the "loving & longing daughter" section of my heart years ago :)..if I get criticism..or *better* yet a heartfelt dua'a of evil for me in my life and my akhirah..then I keep quiet and say to Allah in my heart *You See everything..and You Know everything*..

Just do the same sister..do things for Allah's sake..so that way the shaitan doesn't take advantage of this matter and turn it against you in the sight of Allah and you do not breach one of His commandments..whether you're getting along with your mother or not (my situation is a constant negative so it's probably easier for me to do that :))

btw..you made me feel bad for writing so honestly about my mother..as from what I understood it made you think deep of your situation and cry..and I hope Allah (swt) does not hold me accountable for making a sister of mine cry :(

Ha!! Thats exactly what my mother does.... she says " Don't be over, alright"!:shymuslima1:

It puzzles me when she pushes me off..but she *goes after* my brothers to hug them..kiss them..make dua'a *for* them..compliment them..joke around with them..and I am just set aside like the step-daughter from a bitter wife rivalry!

All mothers do that though, seriously :confused:

'Such an such probably does this that and the other and STILL completes coursework on time' ..or 'such and suchs mum was telling me how she never washed a single dirty dish in the past decade' yeh thats cos they always use the dishwasher, not cos her daughter washes them! < but ofcourse, you keep that fact to yourself.

Its character building though.

Heh!..I hear things bigger than dishwashing..astaghfirullah al-adheem...with this thread I realized that I am an orphan of motherly affection..alhamduliallah rab al 'alameen for everything though..

To all other brothers and sisters...you're blessed..take every advantage of it..kiss your mothers' heads..kiss their hands..smile to them..hug them..and tell them that you love them...if your mothers have not murdered your heart emotionally and have made it a lifetime goal to bring you down..prostrate to Allah in gratefulness and go find that mother of yours..hug her tiiiiight..and tell her *you're a blessing from Allah*..do it everyday if you can..show Allah that you realize His blessing upon you :)

shichemlydia

salam alikoum, good issue in fact, i am telling you that i love my dearest mum to the extent that sometimes i feel that the idea of marriage is stupid. and the more i grow up, the more i feel her position in my heart.
may allah swt grant her a long good life and the paradise in the hereafter, ameen
wa salam alikoum

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
wasalam

I'm so sorry to hear that.
Aameen to your duaa.

I just want to say that it takes lots of guts to write that on a forum where you know loads of people are going to come and go. Loads of guts.
You must be so brave. :) I wish i was like you so that i could stand to the people that intimidate me! :p

May Allah bless you.
We love you for the sake of Allah dear sister.
Take care

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

You poked the sorest spot in my heart with this one sister..it's the first time I ever speak of this but..

My mom pushed me away with obvious discomfort (in front of the entire family) the last time I *tried* to hug her..ever since..I have avoided even sitting close to her..mind you..I don't even remember the last time *she* rubbed over *my hair* nonetheless *hug me*...

Alhamduliallah anyway :)

I'm sure she loves you.
Again you must have heaps and heaps of guts! :) I respect you for that. :):)

May Allah bless you alwayz.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2: Everyone,

JazakAllah khair for your replies, i don't have time to give an individual comment to you all. So i basically just replied to the ones that really touched my heart and made me want to cry. Not that the others were not touching!
They all were. Alhamdulillah its nice to see how much you love your mums. May Allah bless you all and your families.'

So i'm going to go and cry now in my bedroom.
Joke! I need to help my mum out in the kitchen!

Take care
Love you all for the sake of Allah.

Please remember me in your duaa, and keep the posts coming in, I really enjoy reading them!

:) :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Alaicomu dear sister

WooooooW,Mashallah.Jazzak Allah khair dear sister for your sweet post Mashallah.:)

I kiss my beloved mumy 10 times a day.:)When I go to sleap she always kiss me,and when I go to college or in mosque she always hug me and kiss me before I go.Wallahi i love my mumy so much,and may Allah bless and reword all our beloved mothers with Jannatul Firdows,and with the highest place in Jannah,Ameeen.:hearts::hearts:

May Allah bless you dear sister

Salam

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
AAmeen,

I'm glad i joined TTI, my lovely brothers and sisters shower me with duaas.
And anyone of you could be So close to Allah that he loves you and accepts your duaas.
so please keep making dua for your little sister here at TTI and all other muslims.
I love you all for the sake of Allah,

Please forgive if i have ever hurt anyone's feelings.
May Allah reward you all. Aameen

jamilah rumias

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

assalam alaikom warahmatul Allha
Masha Allah, it's amazing that you hug and kiss your mother.I wish to hug and kiss my mum everytime same you,but i'mvery far far away from them they are in philippine ,and i'm here in Saudi.You know mother is only one,and if mother gone all our ajar will gone also.We cannot pay our mother as i read in Hadith PARADISE LAY UNDER THE FEET OF MOTHER,if i'm not mistake.
jazakal Allah khairan ya ukhti upon remembering us towards our mother.
i't's really touch my heart because i miss my mum too much,and i'm longing to see her.
Barakal Allahu fiki.Wa thabbit na iyak wa li jami'ul Muslimin fi kuli makan,Ameen.:tti_sister:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Well i cant remember the last time i hugged my mum actually maybe 2,3,4 years ago its kind of awkard my lil sister does everytime she comes from school but iam older sooo its different for me its like my mum only hugs me for a reason like when i get a good grade at school or i have passed a test were not very affectionate but i do nice things for her when i can, but i do sometimes need to correct myself when i speak to her :shymuslima1: its a working process i love her soo much but it gets frustrating when she shouts and gets a temper because were a bit messy but i cleaned up:dishes: and cooked today without answering back lol its a big step inshallah in the right direction make dua for me inshallah

when i read all the posts about hugging and kissing your mum i guess i am missing out you all are sooo blessed to have that relationship with your mums thank Allah for it :hearts: and dont take advantage of it :girl3: i hope to gain a relationship like this just need to take baby steps :)

nice thread mashallah :wasalam:

strahan

my mom passed away since i was child, so probably the last time when i kiss her or hug her was around 5-6 years old . i don't quite remember.I pray for her a lot
:)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
assalam alaikom warahmatul Allha
Masha Allah, it's amazing that you hug and kiss your mother.I wish to hug and kiss my mum everytime same you,but i'mvery far far away from them they are in philippine ,and i'm here in Saudi.You know mother is only one,and if mother gone all our ajar will gone also.We cannot pay our mother as i read in Hadith PARADISE LAY UNDER THE FEET OF MOTHER,if i'm not mistake.
jazakal Allah khairan ya ukhti upon remembering us towards our mother.
i't's really touch my heart because i miss my mum too much,and i'm longing to see her.
Barakal Allahu fiki.Wa thabbit na iyak wa li jami'ul Muslimin fi kuli makan,Ameen.:tti_sister:

Very true say sister, Mother is only one!
May Allah make it easy for you and your parents to meet each other. Aameen.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

Well i cant remember the last time i hugged my mum actually maybe 2,3,4 years ago its kind of awkard my lil sister does everytime she comes from school but iam older sooo its different for me its like my mum only hugs me for a reason like when i get a good grade at school or i have passed a test were not very affectionate but i do nice things for her when i can, but i do sometimes need to correct myself when i speak to her :shymuslima1: its a working process i love her soo much but it gets frustrating when she shouts and gets a temper because were a bit messy but i cleaned up:dishes: and cooked today without answering back lol its a big step inshallah in the right direction make dua for me inshallah

when i read all the posts about hugging and kissing your mum i guess i am missing out you all are sooo blessed to have that relationship with your mums thank Allah for it :hearts: and dont take advantage of it :girl3: i hope to gain a relationship like this just need to take baby steps :)

nice thread mashallah :wasalam:

MashaAllah, like you said its a big step, then you can alwayz slowly work on it.
InshaAllah He will make it easy for you to gain this relationship.
Alhamdulillah you are trying :)

Keep working at it!!

Gosh! I feel like i am giving advice :D