:salam2:
Greeting.

How are you
my brothers and sisters?
May Allah swt blessed you and your family
with the best of health~Amin!

Students may carry guns on campus in Texas

Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Texas is preparing to give college students and staff the right to carry guns on campus. More than half of the Texas House of Representatives have signed a measure allowing concealed handguns at universities.

Texas has become a prime battleground for the issue because of its gun culture and its size, with 38 public universities and more than 500,000 students. It would become the second state, after Utah, to pass such a broad-based law. Supporters of the move argue that gun violence on campuses, such as the mass shootings at Virginia Tech in 2007 and Northern Illinois in 2008, show that the best defence against a gunman is students who can shoot back.

"It's strictly a matter of self-defence," said Jeff Wentworth, a Republican state senator. "I don't ever want to see repeated on a Texas college campus what happened at Virginia Tech, where some deranged, suicidal madman goes into a building and is able to pick off totally defenceless kids like sitting ducks."

The president of Texas University, William Powers, has opposed concealed handguns on campus, saying the mix of students, guns and campus parties is too volatile. Previous laws have been rejected in 23 states since 2007, but gun-control activists say it will be difficult to stop the Texas bill passing this year. The Senate passed a similar bill in 2009 and is expected to do so again.

So if you happen to be in Texas
if you don't carry gun wif you
make sure you got the bullet's proof vest on~Just to be safe who knows somebody play ''cowboy''
and fire rounds
and you happen to be near(that serious)
:concern that's all.

~May Allah swt help and protect us~Amin!

Thank you for Reading.
Take Care!
~Wassalam .

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pardon me brother
Interesting?
in the sense meaning: you find it interesting to study in that kind of condition???

Boys are boys!
Gun are like toy to them :)
Just don't take it too serious.
This for safety purposes only

~May Allah swt protect all muslim always~Amin!
and thank you
for reading my post.

Take care !
~Wassalam :)

Shak78

Haha, I know!!! Alhamdolilahhh.

Why do they need guns on campus?

If you knew anything about Texas it would not surprise you. They are a very pro-gun state and that in many places still has the cowboy mentality. I can not say I am really all that surprised about this sadly. When I saw the thread title I just shook my head and said, that's Texas for you.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Haha, I know!!! Alhamdolilahhh.

Why do they need guns on campus?

It all about the recent shooting...
some student died...
and the governor decide that the student need gun
so if anybody wish to draw gun with them .Ofcourse in this case you can't draw with a pencil to only discover there a hole in his chest later :)

truely sad
but the Authority knows better what best for their town.

Thank you for reading.
Take Care!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
If you knew anything about Texas it would not surprise you. They are a very pro-gun state and that in many places still has the cowboy mentality. I can not say I am really all that surprised about this sadly. When I saw the thread title I just shook my head and said, that's Texas for you.

So they are born with it
it in their blood.

And all student should ride horse to school after that.

somebody should invent GTH(Grandtheft Horse after GTA(Grandtheft Auto)
~to get the heat all off .

May Allah swt help us all~Amin!

Thank you for reading.
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

what about muslim students?
can they carry guns too?
prob get arrested for being terrorists.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
salaams to all

what about muslim students?
can they carry guns too?
prob get arrested for being terrorists.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brother,
The governor said all student
muslim or others.
if you'll be in Texas school
you won't be considered a terrorist
but as an act of self defence
so start taking gun's courses if you
end up in Texas school.

Take Care!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The facts behind the possible legislation are simple. Female students were being attacked and raped. It is for protection. And yes Muslims can apply to carry weapons.

Let us remain calm and look at all the facts. The right to arms is in the Bill of Rights.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalaam walaikum,

The facts behind the possible legislation are simple. Female students were being attacked and raped. It is for protection. And yes Muslims can apply to carry weapons.

Let us remain calm and look at all the facts. The right to arms is in the Bill of Rights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly sister :)

~May Allah swt help all muslim~Amin!

Take Care!

JenGiove

I don't mean to be nit-picky but I have one question....

What does the issue of US Students being allowed to carry guns at school have to do with Islam? Also, as an aside, there are procedures you have to go through in order to get permission to carry a weapon in the state, let alone on campus. I don't know the gun laws in Tx. but its not like a 3 year old can walk into a gun store and buy a gun....Just because its legal, doesn't mean that everyone has the right to carry a weapon.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There are Muslims in America. Islam has been and will remain in the US. If a person is Muslim and American they have the rights to the Bill of Rights. This is a second amendment issue.

The specific legislation proposed in Texas is due to a young girl who was raped. She stated had she a weapon she would not have been raped. She is the one who is fighting for her rights.

It is relevant to those Muslims in Texas who wish to exercise their rights to bear arms.

I am not going to rewrite the Constitution.

Shak78

So they are born with it
it in their blood.

And all student should ride horse to school after that.

somebody should invent GTH(Grandtheft Horse after GTA(Grandtheft Auto)
~to get the heat all off .

May Allah swt help us all~Amin!

Thank you for reading.
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

Grand Theft Horse...that is so funny lol :SMILY303:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

I don't mean to be nit-picky but I have one question....

What does the issue of US Students being allowed to carry guns at school have to do with Islam? Also, as an aside, there are procedures you have to go through in order to get permission to carry a weapon in the state, let alone on campus. I don't know the gun laws in Tx. but its not like a 3 year old can walk into a gun store and buy a gun....Just because its legal, doesn't mean that everyone has the right to carry a weapon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

greeting Jen,

Thank you for reading my thread.

1.The recent shooting was done not by muslim student
but many ask what if it.Surely people has no problem pointing
it as an act of terrorism.
How sad!

2.This gun carry procedure only legal and allowed for Campus student.
And this applied in Texas only.
But ofcourse we have to consult the concern authority first for follow up
and futher details until then it remain a News only.

Take Care!

JenGiove

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

greeting Jen,

Thank you for reading my thread.

1.The recent shooting was done not by muslim student
but many ask what if it.Surely people has no problem pointing
it as an act of terrorism.
How sad!

Wa Alaikum asalaamu Sister,

There have been so many shooting on education grounds for so many reasons. Neo-Nazi leanings, hatred of the self (I think its referred to as police assisted suicide, which the police abhor), and mental disorders. While I can not say that no one would jump all over a religious based reason and if it was a Muslim, the "jihad" label would be the first to come up, it all depends on the person and any evidence that was found in their possessions and writings. Yes, a very sad thing indeed if a person was a Muslim and that is the first label placed on the incident, "terrorism".

(I'm a bit foggy from my medications right now so I hope I made myself understandable)

2.This gun carry procedure only legal and allowed for Campus student.
And this applied in Texas only.
But ofcourse we have to consult the concern authority first for follow up
and futher details until then it remain a News only.

Take Care!

A person, ANYWHERE, has to have a license to possess a gun legally. So while the campus is concidering a change in this campus regulation, what we need to remember that the person is still required to go through a background check (to look for official mental disorders, past felony records-since anyone with a felony record can not legally posses a weapon anywhere in the United states, or any previous denial/revocation of weapons license). There is a difference between having the freedom to carry a weapon and having the right to. If you break the law that impacts your right to carry a weapon, your freedom to carry one is revoked.

lotus

I don't think it's a good idea to pass this law. Seems it's encouraging very young feeble minds to carry weapons. College students are still very immature, and I'm afraid that it'll be touted like the way a 15 year old gets his permit to drive. Scary times we live in. I don't think it's a good idea. Those are my initial thoughts on the matter.
On the other side, though, I can see that perhaps it would deter an evil person from using their weapon if they realize that others certainly may have a weapon of their own stashed closely to them to use in self defense.