Sunni marrying Shia (mature responses only, plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barkatuhu again really emphasize reading this article

http://www.schiiten.com/backup/AhlelBayt.com/www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/rebuttals/12-caliphs.html

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother Slave of Allah,

You have made my point. In Truth we can not fear what others have written. Truth stands alone. In fear of poor research methods ( laziness ) on our parts we rely on the quick answer. The poet Rumi told us to when we are thirsty to seek the source of thirst and not be satiated with a glass of water..( sorry for the paraphrasing).

We need to delve into the issues. We need solid answers. That is what I am seeking.

walaikum salam aapa, i really respect you as my elder and hence i really don't want to say anything to offend you, but i believe alot of solid clear answers were given you have to just read on the matter, there is no one word answer unless you accept rawfidah to be that word, but i feel like there is debating for no reason, you asked for information, articles and books, and videos were provided it should have been sufficient.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I am not trying to debate. One has to be knowledgeable to debate. I am seeking answers.

The question I have in mind that has not been resolved is that a marriage between a Sunni man and Shia woman can not be forbidden. As there is no consensus that is 100%.

If a man marries a Christian woman he concedes that he is marrying a woman that will always believe the supremacy of the Trinity.
If a man marries a Jewess he concedes that his children will be Jews.

I looked at your link....here is a minor issue..why on earth would a person respond to an intellectual issue and make a reference to Wikipedia as a source. That lets me know the research was shallow.

I will read article, InshaAllah

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
As'salaamu alaikum,

Muslim men are allowed to marry CHASTE women of the people of the book. I doubt you will find very many chaste women from people of the book, not when they start dating and fornicating soon as they hit puberty.

Regarding Shia, that is a sect of Islam. And some of their believes have rendered them kuffar. Scholars are clearly as to who you can or cannot marry from these sects. we are talking about aqeedah here. Their aqeedah, corrupting your aqeedah, and raising your kids on their misguided aqeedah, all which will lead to hellfire when you don't have the right aqeedah.

The differences between the Ahl al-Sunnah (Sunnis) and the Raafidis are very great and are fundamental. For example, the Raafidis say that the Qur’aan was altered, and they condemn most of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) and think that they went astray; they exaggerate about their imaams and worship them, and give them precedence over the Prophets and angels; they go on pilgrimages to mashhads (shrines) and graves, where they do all kinds of actions of shirk, associating others in worship with Allaah. They also believe in hypocrisy (as a tenet of faith) and call it taqiyah (dissimulation), and they believe in al-badaa’(the notion that Allaah “changes His mind”), al-raj’ah (the Return, i.e., the raising of the dead to life again for some time in the same form as they were before) and absolute infallibility of their imaams, and in prostrating on a handful of clay…

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4569

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

Thank you for the link. The response is critical. The response states that they advise the questioner not to marry. They do not respond that it is forbidden.
Although, it is not a good idea to marry it is not forbidden.

If by chaste you limit it to virginity; there are women of the duyna and amongst the people of the book who are chaste. Think of the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are very strict. Many fundamentalist are strict. The Amish and Mennonites are strict. The Mormons are strict. Those who call themselves God-fearing people do not allow their daughters to fornicate nor permit their sons to disrespect women. Funny thing..they do not marry outside of their faiths.

InshaAllah, everyone have a blessed day.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

I looked at your link....here is a minor issue..why on earth would a person respond to an intellectual issue and make a reference to Wikipedia as a source. That lets me know the research was shallow.

Still waiting for a single reference for your accusation!

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

For the sake of knowledge pin point for us without knowledge the exact differences in creed. I understand the historical issues. I understand the fabrication of some of the hadiths. I realize there is some confusion regarding the 12 imams. Where did it all go wrong?

Ali is the Companion of the Prophet, The cousin of the Prophet, the son in law of the Prophet, and one of the Four Defenders of the Faith. Yet, I see that Sunni Muslims neglect his worth. I wonder why?

Forgive me if this should be the subject of another thread.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

I wrote earlier...search TTI. We have very little attributed to Ali ( ra) or Fatima. I never see anyone here write about them. That was my reference. There is no need to be angry.

The brother gave an explanation earlier. They do not want information of Shia websites so here on TTI there is little on Ali. Search yourself. Instead of being angry with me start a thread on Ali.

tic_tac_toe

Accusation:

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

For the sake of knowledge pin point for us without knowledge the exact differences in creed. I understand the historical issues. I understand the fabrication of some of the hadiths. I realize there is some confusion regarding the 12 imams. Where did it all go wrong?

Ali is the Companion of the Prophet, The cousin of the Prophet, the son in law of the Prophet, and one of the Four Defenders of the Faith. Yet, I see that Sunni Muslims neglect his worth. I wonder why?

Forgive me if this should be the subject of another thread.

What was asked?

Still waiting for a single reference for your accusation!

Response?

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

I wrote earlier...search TTI. We have very little attributed to Ali ( ra) or Fatima. I never see anyone here write about them. That was my reference. There is no need to be angry.

The brother gave an explanation earlier. They do not want information of Shia websites so here on TTI there is little on Ali. Search yourself. Instead of being angry with me start a thread on Ali.

So your accusation that Sunnees don't show any worth to Sayyidina Ali (RA) & Sayyida Fatima (RA) is because nobody writes about them on TTI? Would you please confirm this because I am simply flabbergasted at your approach because 1 day ago this is what you wrote to someone else:

Assalaam alaikum,

I will read article, InshaAllah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

Do not be flabbergasted. I just pointed out that there is a paucity of information on Ali and Fatima here on TTI. In many of the Sunni books that I read it seems that his pearls of wisdom are overlooked.

I simply questioned why. I am not making any glaring accusations.

As for my comment regarding using Wikipedia as a source, I stand behind that. If I am asked to read an article and the first thing I read is a reference to the Roman myth and the source is Wikipedia it makes me scratch my head. In all the wisdom of Islam the author could not come up with an example other than the Romulus and Remus myth as a basis to explain a philosophical construct. If I am going to explain the characteristics of wine grapes it would do not good to write about green apples. It makes the premise weak. The Israelis have admitted to spending million of dollars employing their soldiers to change the content of Wikipedia to suit there needs.

A responder wrote that much of what we known about Ali is now found on Shia websites. We can remedy that for those who are seeking Islam and/or knowledge. This is a golden opportunity to learn. There is no need for anger. It is a minor issue. We are encouraged to learn about the Prophet,swas. Each prophet of Allah subhana wa taala was given a companion. Isa had Yaya, Musa had Harun, The Prophet, swas, had Ali. Close in blood relationship.

Consider this my lack of knowledge and give me knowledge.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'alaykum,

I have not read all the replies in this thread but I just wanted to comment on what Aapa said. There is some information on Ali (radiyAllahu anh) like you mentioned here. I posted a thread regarding the statement of Ali's in relation to self admiration, and the quotes that the scholars made, which is one of the best things I have read as an admonishment. But the fact is after the Prophet :saw: the best among the Sahaba was Abu Bakr (radiyAllahu anh), as can be seen in the posts made in that regard. That is why you might see more posts about Abu Bakr, and then Umar, which even Ali attested to their superiority in his statements. I will try to share some of Ali's pearls of wisdom starting with the three types of people, and not to forget Uthmaan ibn Affan as well (and information regarding some of the lies that are propagated). I suggest you refer to the Biography of Ali ibn Abi Taalib by Muhammad as-Sallabi which is where the quotes I will Insha'Allah post are from.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Jazaak Allahu Kharin brother.

It is only in the interest of seeking absolute knowledge. InshaAllah, I will find the book. On the Day when I face my Creator I am in great need of being grateful. I fear being empty handed on that Day.

unbreak

SISTER GUPTA did you send this link to your cousin and his girl.

Asalam alaykom. My male cousin is pursuing marriage with a girl who is Shia. she seems to be a modest hijabi girl who prays and has done hajj before. Is it permissible for him to marry her?

please don't allow yourself to post anything hateful. Keep this thread sophisticated and mature. Thank you.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
we should all be an only Ummah,while I perceive a difficulty to agree to this or that.by myself there is no difference between a sunni or a shi'a,because they both pray Allah.I don't know shiism but I'm sure that they are good people....my great disappointment is that we should be neutral in front of such matters,instead we get ivolved into it and get angry if others don't agree.remember that we are first of all muslims and nothing else

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Reading the replies to this post there is much I would like to say but I have refrained from doing so. Instead I will simply write some wise words that were once said to me by an alim I once turned to for guidance. I have also stated these words on this forum before:

When you believe Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to be your Lord and Muhammad :saw: to be His Prophet and Messenger, there is NO room for your OPINION.

Ayyub

Assalamou Alaikoum

A few infos about the hatred of the Shia of Abu bakr,Omar radhaillahu anhum.

Al Kulaynee (a shi'ah scholar) mentions in his book titled: Fur'oo al Kaafee on the authority of Ja'far:
All of the people (companions) apostated after the death of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) except three: Al
Miqdaad bin al Aswad, Abu Dhar al Ghafaree, and Selmaan al Faarisee. (Fur'oo al Kaafee pg.115)

I
t is similarly mentioned in their book titled: Al Iktisaas, that one of the grandsons of 'Ali bin Abi Taalib said:
As for the individual who never apostated after the death of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) until he died was Al Miqdaad bin al Aswaad. (Al Iktisaas pg.9, Mejma' al Nureen pg.97)

Tafseer al Saafi:
The majority of the companions concealed their hypocrisy. (vol.1 pg.9)

Al Mejlesi (a shi'ah scholar) mentioned in his book titled: Bihar al Anwaar, on the authority of a freed slave of 'Ali bin al Hussain (the great grandson of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), who said:
I was with Al Hussain bin 'Ali bin Abi Taalib in private, and I mentioned to him:
I have a right upon you to inquire about those two men (Abu Bakr and 'Umar). Al Hussain responded: They are disbelievers and anyone who loves them is also a disbeliever. (Bihar al Anwaar vol.69 pg. 137)

Al Mejlesi commented after mentioning several statements similar to the above, he said:
The narrations that inform of the disbelief of Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and those who are similar to them, and the narrations which inform of the great reward obtained for cursing them and renouncing them, and the narrations which inform that they are innovators, are so abundant that they cannot be mentioned in this book nor in larger works. But what we have mentioned is sufficient for the person who Allah wants to guide to the straight path. (Bihar al Anwaar vol.30 pg.230)

He (Al Mejlesi) also mentions in his book titled: Al 'Etiqaadaat:
From that which is obligatory upon a follower of the Imamiyah religion, is to renounce Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthmaan and Mu'awiyah. (Al 'Etiqaadaat pg.17)

Usool al Kafee:
Whoever abdicates Abu Bakr, 'Umar and 'Uthman, and he dies that day, he will enter Paradise. (Usool al Kafee vol.2 pg.751)

Al Anwaar al Nu'maniyah:
He ('Umar) was a homosexual. He had a disease that could only be cured by the semen of other men. (vol.1 pg.63)

This is the belief of the shi'ah concerning the man ('Umar) who the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
جَعَلَ اللَّهُ الْحَقَّ عَلَى لِسَانِ عُمَرَ وَقَلْبِه
"Indeed Allah has placed the truth on the tongue of 'Umar and on his heart." (Sunan Abi Dawood: 2963)

And he likewise stated:
لوَ كان ب ع دْ ي ن بيِ لكان عمر بن الخط اب
"If there were a Prophet after me, it would have been 'Umar bin al Khattaab." (Jame' al Tirmidhi: 3686)

It is mentioned by Al Mejlesi in his book titled: Jalaa' al 'Uyoon:
There is no room for anyone with sound intellect, to deny the disbelief of 'Umar. May the curse of Allah and His Messenger be upon him, and upon everyone who deems him to be a believer, and likewise upon everyone who does not curse him. (pg.45)

Al Kalabi mentioned in his book titled: Al Mathalab:
'Uthman was the sort of man who would allow other man to play with him (sexually), and he used to also beat the drum. (Al Anwaar al Nu'maniyah vol.2 pg.65)

Al Majlisee mentioned concerning 'Uthmaan:
Indeed 'Uthmaan has deleted three things from The Quran. He deleted the merits of the leader of the believers ('Ali), likewise the merits of the family of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and he also deleted the verse: I wish I would have never taken Abu Bakr as a close companion. (Tethkirat al Aimaah pg.9)

Al Jazairee mentioned:
It was witnessed that 'Uthmaan had apostated from Islam. (Al Anwaar al Nu'maniyah vol.1 pg.64)

He (Al Jazairee) also stated:
'Uthmaan was from amongst those who concealed hypocrisy during the life of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). (Al Anwaar al Nu'maniyah vol.1 pg.81)

Still thinking that Ahlul Sunnah and Shia are brothers in Islam. People should stop being ignorant either speak with knowledge or keep being silent instead of posting nonsense.

wa'alaikoum assalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The Prophet, swas, always answered questions until the framer of the question understood. To silence someone for asking questions is oppression.

When we will stand before Allah on the Day of Judgement it will be us alone. Scholars have opinions. They are wise opinions. But, they are opinions. We have the right to question.

To practice faith in the dark is ludicrous. What is prayer worth if you do not know who you are praying to and why you are praying. One has to seek knowledge. If the respondents think it is nonsense please move on. To respond that you think it is nonsense is unfair. There are many who are looking to revert to Islam. They have a right to understand.

Truth can not be hidden nor suppressed. Just because a person is satisfied with a level of understanding does not demean the questioner. A solid knowledge base takes the anger out of the argument.

The OP asked about Shia/Sunni marriage. The fatawa that was posted said it best. It is not forbidden.

tic_tac_toe

Aapa,

We all make mistakes and if you have made a mistake by accusing Sunni Muslims of degrading, dishonoring and disparaging Sayyidina Ali (RA) or demeaning his worth please apologize for your remarks and move on.

I wasn't angry and still not angry and I could continue this discussion forever but would like to point out to you as your brother that your remarks are pretty insulting for any Muslim to take.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I did not go to the extreme brother. I pointed out that I have noticed on many Sunni forums, videos, books that there seems to be avoidance when the subject of Ali ( ra) comes up.

Why I have to apologize I do not know. Thus, I can not apologize for something I have not done. I suggested we have more threads on him, that is all I have done. Why would I apologize for that.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

I did not go to the extreme brother. I pointed out that I have noticed on many Sunni forums, videos, books that there seems to be avoidance when the subject of Ali ( ra) comes up.

Why I have to apologize I do not know. Thus, I can not apologize for something I have not done. I suggested we have more threads on him, that is all I have done. Why would I apologize for that.

You need to think, reflect and retract because you have made an accusation based on your observation of Sunni forums, videos, books. It is entirely based on conjecture and lack of knowledge when you yourself admit that you lack knowledge and want to learn. Hence, its a highly subjective conclusion based on lack of evidence and then you accuse others of being angry with you. You dismiss wikipedia yet reach monumental conclusions based on personal experience of Sunni forums.

We try to respect you, reason with you with respect and dignity and yet you leave us no choice but to take a confrontational stance and ask for your evidence (which you have none).

If you are a Shia and your conclusions are based on your deeply held religious bias then at least admit it and move on instead of making slanderous accusations based on most whimsical of reasons.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
You need to think, reflect and retract because you have made an accusation based on your observation of Sunni forums, videos, books. It is entirely based on conjecture and lack of knowledge when you yourself admit that you lack knowledge and want to learn. Hence, its a highly subjective conclusion based on lack of evidence and then you accuse others of being angry with you. You dismiss wikipedia yet reach monumental conclusions based on personal experience of Sunni forums.

We try to respect you, reason with you with respect and dignity and yet you leave us no choice but to take a confrontational stance and ask for your evidence (which you have none).

If you are a Shia and your conclusions are based on your deeply held religious bias then at least admit it and move on instead of making slanderous accusations based on most whimsical of reasons.

aslam o alaikum wr wb

I second this, and again i mean no disrespect.

If you thought/ found this to be the case, you can do the research and start sharing the knowledge about ALi (ra) on the forum, although i completely disagree cause every sunni muslim realizes Ali (ra) ahlul bayt, the household of the prophet (PBUH) have a very high status, and if you study the the tafaseer you will come to know so much knowledge that have been passed on by Ali (ra) and Abd Allah ibn Abbas (ra).

and i really apologize if i said something which offended someone, but i tried my best to stick to the opinion shared by the scholars.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

Please let's learn about those who deviates in the deen, we can't just follow our heart rather we should follow the tawheed and the sincere love for the Prophet sallaAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam and all his Companions, inshallah.

Something to read if you want:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9255

May Allah keep us all on the straight path!
Jazakhum Allahu khayran

Status
Not open for further replies.