Thank you Pastor Terry Jones

hassana elkoussi

For your service to Islam!

Salam alaikum dear brothers and sisters. First I'd like to wish a wonderful Eid and hope u enjoy this wonderful news. :ma:

1. Thanks for making Quran a bestseller. More copies of Qurans and were sold on Amazon, local and online Islamic stores, thus providing humanity an opportunity to read and ponder over God's guidance for humanity.

2. Thanks for the business. More people bought Islamic literature, along with the Quran, generating extra revenue for the Islamic stores.

3. More individuals visited the mosques to attend Muslim open houses and Islam presentations, thus receiving the wonderful message of Islam.

4. More individuals called on the GainPeace's outreach hotline 800-662-ISLAM and inquired about the faith of Islam, giving Muslims an opportunity to explain Islam to our fellow citizens. You generated more publicity for Islam, then all our past outreach campaigns combined.

5. More people Googled the words 'Islam' and 'Quran'.The more that you spoke about Islam and the Quran, more people came to Muslim websites to learn about the truth of Islam.

6. Libraries were busy loaning out copies of the Quran. Yes, libraries across the USA , Canada and Europe were busy lend out copies of the Quran to its patrons.

7. Thanks for saving the Muslims advertisement dollars. The free publicity to the words 'Quran' and 'Islam', that you gave, Muslims could have spent millions of dollars but couldn't have generated the same publicity and attention of the media, and thanks to you, the word of God (the Quran) became a household word.

8. Thanks for waking up the Muslims. Muslim all across the world are now more passionate about the wonderful and peaceful faith of Islam and are eager to share it with their neighbors, colleagues, friends and humanity.

9. Thanks for encouraging more people to embrace Islam. We had more people calling, learning and embracing Islam in the past few weeks, then we ever had since the last 40 years.

10. Thanks for uniting the people of conscience, the Muslim, the Jews, the Christians, the Hindus, and the atheist, on the common platform of goodness, love and tolerance and against hatred, bias and bigotry.

Salam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum

I knew it he will never be able to burn it because Allah will never allow it and I keep on telling my friends "just wait and see what is going to happen" subahana Allah.

I knew it this is a great publicity. Sometimes we have to be more calm and be patience when they do such things as Allah Himself is the protector of the Quran :)

Allah is verily the best planner of all :)

Jazaka Allah khair for sharing sis... :)

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum :)

arzafar

i dont like this attitude. The fact that we are resorting such delusional articles, thanking a kaafir man who planned to burn copies of the quraans (actually some quraan were burnt by others) for cancelling his plans; finding some kind of 'positives'. This shows ultimate weakness and it hurts. most people will dislike what i said but im probably the only one who see things that way. is there any pride (more like self esteem) left in muslims today?

:salam2:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

good one sister i would have used all these points to laugh at his face for the fool he made of himself:p

jazakallah khiaran for sharing.

omahmed

Sister in Islam

For your service to Islam!

Salam alaikum dear brothers and sisters. First I'd like to wish a wonderful Eid and hope u enjoy this wonderful news. :ma:

1. Thanks for making Quran a bestseller. More copies of Qurans and were sold on Amazon, local and online Islamic stores, thus providing humanity an opportunity to read and ponder over God's guidance for humanity.

2. Thanks for the business. More people bought Islamic literature, along with the Quran, generating extra revenue for the Islamic stores.

3. More individuals visited the mosques to attend Muslim open houses and Islam presentations, thus receiving the wonderful message of Islam.

4. More individuals called on the GainPeace's outreach hotline 800-662-ISLAM and inquired about the faith of Islam, giving Muslims an opportunity to explain Islam to our fellow citizens. You generated more publicity for Islam, then all our past outreach campaigns combined.

5. More people Googled the words 'Islam' and 'Quran'.The more that you spoke about Islam and the Quran, more people came to Muslim websites to learn about the truth of Islam.

6. Libraries were busy loaning out copies of the Quran. Yes, libraries across the USA , Canada and Europe were busy lend out copies of the Quran to its patrons.

7. Thanks for saving the Muslims advertisement dollars. The free publicity to the words 'Quran' and 'Islam', that you gave, Muslims could have spent millions of dollars but couldn't have generated the same publicity and attention of the media, and thanks to you, the word of God (the Quran) became a household word.

8. Thanks for waking up the Muslims. Muslim all across the world are now more passionate about the wonderful and peaceful faith of Islam and are eager to share it with their neighbors, colleagues, friends and humanity.

9. Thanks for encouraging more people to embrace Islam. We had more people calling, learning and embracing Islam in the past few weeks, then we ever had since the last 40 years.

10. Thanks for uniting the people of conscience, the Muslim, the Jews, the Christians, the Hindus, and the atheist, on the common platform of goodness, love and tolerance and against hatred, bias and bigotry.

Salam
Masha'Allah, that's wonderful. Subhan Allah - the efforts of a few people to demonize Islam and Muslims and ridicule it have led to more and more people being introduced to Islam. Until now, there are still many people who have no idea what Islam really is - the bad ones will always be there, but for this reaction to be generated is wonderful. Many people who revert to Islam become interested in studying it only after hearing bad things about it. Subhan Allah.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
its good to see the brighter side,,,,,,,,,,, brother or sister,,,,, but we can t afford such things,,, i fear one day we will start thinking every such thing in positive for deen,,,(which is an attack on Islam and Muslims) such things are litmus paper test of our emaan... its a blessing of Allah that this event is prevented to happen we must see what we have done for this????????? coz we will be asked for what we have done.
i m giving you advise because m form the region which is suffering most results of coldness of Muslims esteem towards Islam...
within one year this is second attack on Islam. and reactionary turn out(it may not be a violent one) ratio is less then the last face book contest in the Muslim countries...we are getting use too to such things that is highly dangerous thing..
and by the way one mardood has burned quran in NY ,, his video has been removed from YT..:wasalam:
P.S..........m not suspecting you sincerity but should not celebrate such things ..

zainsmommy

"i dont like this attitude. The fact that we are resorting such delusional articles, thanking a kaafir man who planned to burn copies of the quraans (actually some quraan were burnt by others) for cancelling his plans; finding some kind of 'positives'. This shows ultimate weakness and it hurts. most people will dislike what i said but im probably the only one who see things that way. is there any pride (more like self esteem) left in muslims today?"

"its good to see the brighter side,,,,,,,,,,, brother or sister,,,,, but we can t afford such things,,, i fear one day we will start thinking every such thing in positive for deen,,,(which is an attack on Islam and Muslims) such things are litmus paper test of our emaan... its a blessing of Allah that this event is prevented to happen we must see what we have done for this????????? coz we will be asked for what we have done.
i m giving you advise because m form the region which is suffering most results of coldness of Muslims esteem towards Islam...
within one year this is second attack on Islam. and reactionary turn out(it may not be a violent one) ratio is less then the last face book contest in the Muslim countries...we are getting use too to such things that is highly dangerous thing..
and by the way one mardood has burned quran in NY ,, his video has been removed from YT..
P.S..........m not suspecting you sincerity but should not celebrate such things .. "

SUBHANALLAH! I could not believe my eyes. I cannot believe the state of this Ummah today--the mind frame some of us have. I don't know if I want to cry, scream, or simply throw-up.

It is so difficult--SO INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT--to see any positive or good from this way of thinking. I am absolutely speechless.

May Allah subhana wa ta'aala guide us upon the straight path and instill in our hearts compassion, understanding, tolerance, positivity, peace & tranquility and most importantly KNOWLEDGE of our deen so that we may not let our tongues utter ignorance and hatred that will continue to separate us, brand us, and make us not worthy of our names. Ameen

This is truly sad. So incredibly sad that Muslims are so ready to attack that they will fail to see any good from a bad situation just for the sake of remaining positive.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Thanks "pastor" Jones whose criminal action made brothers in Kashmir martyrs in demostration where soldiers there fired unarmed civilians.
May you get your "gift" at the Judgement Day.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

@sister saima

I don't think anyone on this board approves of burning a Mushaf or disrespecting it. But sister hassana is just trying to point out that the non-believers are only rousing curiosity of the masses (who never really cared about Islam). Such activities are galvanizing certain people to read/learn about our faith.

This thread is trying to point out that you can't plot or threaten a deen that is protected by Allah azz zawajal. All their efforts are futile, no matter how hard some people try, people seeking the truth will find and accept it.

However, no one in their sound mind here is looking for positives in burning of any religious scriptures. But yes, it has aroused the conscience of many muslims to a certain extent. Some of them are channeling it through holding lectures and distributing pamphlets (like at our masjid) about the sanctity of the Holy Quran and its teachings.

hassana elkoussi

As-salamu alaikum,

It's really weird that some of u failed to get the point of this thread. I wonder how some of u ever imagined it was meant to celebrate that event or to really thank this guy. The so called " thanking " is just meant to make fun of the intentions of this pastor that did backfire at him. Don't you think that these petty intentions stand as a living proof of Allah's preservation of this deen They intend to put out the Light of Allah (i.e. the Religion of Islam, this Qur'an, and the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with their mouths. But Allah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it). ( As-Saff:8).

Just wait and see the positive consequences of this despicable act. Weren't the attacks of 9-11 among the main reasons that Islam is repeatedly referred to as the fastest growing religion? Wasn't the driving out of the Prophet pbuh and his other emigrant companions from their homeland a seeming humiliation? But, at the same time, didn't this allow them to establish the Islamic nation in Medinah and spread Islam everywhere? Wasn't almost every detail of Al Hudaybiya treaty a seeming humiliation to the muslims? But didn't it ultimately lead to the great victory of the muslims and the conquest of Mecca?

WE all have all the right to resent what happened, but we just need patience and the day will come when our deen will have the upper hand, be it in our lifetime or in later generations, just trust the promise of Allah SWT. If a few copies of the mushaf have been burnt, thousands if not millions, will be engraved in the hearts of muslims, both born muslims or reverts in sha Allah." Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil, then that will be a determining factor in all affairs." (3:186) Subhan Allah , so very true.

Salam alaikum

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
asalam o alykum
i dont intend to enter in a debate but i will clear my point....
i get it that you HAVE ridiculed him,,, but i dont want this issue to be taken in a lighter tone HE IS A MALUOON MAY ALLAH CURSE HIM, MAKE HIM A EXAMPLE OF WORST CASE FOR GENERATIONS TO COME,,,,,, I DONT WANT ANYTHING OTHER THEN ANGER FOR HIM AND FOR WHAT HE DID ,,, THIS IS WHAT I AM ............ NOW COMMENTS ............ARE WELCOMED
WSALAM

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

The pastor is not worthy for our thanks even that may be in a mocking way. He hasn’t intended welfare of islaam so why he should be backed or patted for having done something for islaam ? some places saw violence, the peaceful environment got stirred and people felt terrorised for this open enemy especially more in US. This man will be probably backed by anti Islaamic lobbies and they are very certain to celebrate him, will honour him knighthood like that was given to salman rushdie in UK or Danish cartoonist the german award.The makkah Imam declared his action as call of terrorism and that is. We are happy of our imam’s decision and accept his understanding of religious matters and seriousness of the issue better than us. With that No one can openly challenge the sanctity of our faith, beliefs and feelings. This man is an inspiration for others who hold the same grudges for islaam and muslims.This people will bring forth some reasons for such evil and devilish plans.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i know ur posts bullet points make sense but are these guesses or you have data to back up on these claims.....
they planned and Allah Planned and He is the Best of Planners

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

yeah it was on amazons best sellers list for 58 days tis till there but lets create awareness for quran on our own and not wait for another pastor to come up with a humiliating idea