~ The Greatest Generation ~

Umm Khalil

Masha Allah!! Very beneficial and informative thread! I had a great time reading (and of course learnt something too al-hamdulillah!)

Jazak Allah khayr!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Wa-iyyaki, alhamdulillaah, thats good to know.

'ilyas_eh' is supposed to go next, but I think he is away from the forum 'Location: at sea from 27th july; in sha Allaah will be back soon'

So its open to anyone ..

Wa-salaam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

1)he fought with the prophet's :saw: sword in the battle of badr.

2)he used to wear a red head band.

3)almost attack abu sufyan's wife,while she was singing war songs.

:)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Yes Abu Dujaanah, the one who fulfilled the rights of the sword of Rasulullaah :saw: when challenged to do so, radiAllaah anhu.

3)almost attack abu sufyan's wife,while she was singing war songs.

Lol I didn't know that, Jazakillaah khayr.

Wa-salaam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
correct akhi:)your turn.

^ Yes Abu Dujaanah, the one who fulfilled the rights of the sword of Rasulullaah :saw: when challenged to do so, radiAllaah anhu.

Lol I didn't know that, Jazakillaah khayr.

Wa-salaam

yeah read about that in a children tales book:Dit said it happened in the battle of badr,she was singing along 14 or 15 other women for their men to boost their spirits when hadhrat Abu dujaanah attack but stopped when she screamed coz he thought it was against the respect of the prophet sword to strike a women with it:)!!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah

Sorry guys, I forgot the rule of this game required me to post three questions if I get it right, so that I will.

1) He accepted Islaam at the age of eighteen.
2) He was of those despatched to Yemen for calling to Islaam.
3) When he heard that plague was described by the Messenger of Allaah (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) as 'a cause of death for the righteous amongst you', he supplicated, "O Allaah! Grant the offspring of *Fulaan* an abundant share of it."

Where *Fulaan* is the name of this particular companion.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
As-salaamu` alaykum

The answer is Mu`âdh Ibn Jabal rahimahullâh.

Oh no ..this Sahaabi is commonly known. I cannot say I exhausted all efforts in figuring this out, I would be reminded of the clues often when I logged in, yet knew I had no time to find out. An annoying combination.

JazakAllaah khayr. You have the option to take the next go, or leave it open game for whoever wants to post the next set of clues.

Wa-salaam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Oh no ..this Sahaabi is commonly known. I cannot say I exhausted all efforts in figuring this out, I would be reminded of the clues often when I logged in, yet knew I had no time to find out. An annoying combination.

:salam2:

I know right! I was quite shocked when I saw the answer thinking, "I should have been able to find that!" ... I think on my part, although I looked it up a bit -- I had misdirected efforts. For some reason since I'd never heard of that last hadeeth I had it in my mind it had to be some obscure Sahaabah I don't know yet.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

JazakAllaah khayr. You have the option to take the next go, or leave it open game for whoever wants to post the next set of clues.

Wa-salaam

I know right! I was quite shocked when I saw the answer thinking, "I should have been able to find that!" ... I think on my part, although I looked it up a bit -- I had misdirected efforts. For some reason since I'd never heard of that last hadeeth I had it in my mind it had to be some obscure Sahaabah I don't know yet.

Wa`alaykum us-salaam warahmatullaah

Been there, done that. It just shows how little we actually know about our Sahaabah. And by 'we' I mean of course 'me' above anyone. Anyway, Mu`adh's du`aa was answered and he died after his offspring. Rahimahumullaah!

Someone else may go, as I won't have time until tomorrow night to think of someone lol.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

- She (radiAllaah anha) was one of the noble wives of Rasulullaah (s)
- She once saw Rasulullaah's (s) face pale and distressed, so she jokingly commented "Oh Messenger of Allaah! I prayed behind you yesterday and you prolonged the prostration so long, that I felt I might have a nose-bleed!" And the Prophet (s) laughed at this until his molars were visible and his distressed look went away.
- She died during the Khilafah of 'Umar ibn al Khattab radiAllaah anhu.

Not too difficult I hope.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Sawda bint Zam'ah?

Yes! Nice one samiha ..sister Seeking Allah's Mercy, good try anyway.

Sawdah bint Zam'ah (r) was known for her light hearted sense of humour.

Wa-alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah wa barakatuhuh

samiha

---------
Staff member

I think I rather like being the one to find the answer - rather then the questions! But here they are, I hope they're not too confusing:

- He radi'Allaahu anhu was one of four people about whom the Prophet sallaallahu 'alayhi wa sallam told his companions he considered to be above being associated with shirk and would like to accept Islaam

- Because of a promise to the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam this Sahabi refused to take anything of the Bayt al Maal during the caliphate of both Abu Bakr and 'Umar radiAllaahu anhum

- Although he was close to the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam he did not accept Islaam until after the conquest of Makkah - during which time the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam declared that anyone within his house would be safe

Honestly, it's like you look for things which wouldn't be too obvious - even though some of the most beautiful things are in the obvious. SubhanAllaah... and everything felt too easy ...

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yep MashaAllaah that was quick! Your turn ukht (Although to be absolutely technical, in most places I've seen the name spelled Hakim ibn Hazm / Hakeem ibn Hazm although a few places have otherwise, I don't know why!)

Edit: upon further looking up, now I'm confused if they are different or the same? Could someone clarify for me? Because although I've read it said that Hakim ibn Hazm was the only one born inside the Ka'bah ... a narration from Imam Muslim says that Hakim ibn Hizam was born inside the Ka'bah and lived for 120 years. This may be a mistake on my part.

lol... I changed the last clue, so therefore until further notice - it is actually Hakim ibn Hazm radiAllaahu anhu

But please go ahead, since I think this is partially my mistake of confusion SubhanAllaah