~ The Greatest Generation ~

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

Yep MashaAllaah that was quick! Your turn ukht (Although to be absolutely technical, in most places I've seen the name spelled Hakim ibn Hazm / Hakeem ibn Hazm although a few places have otherwise, I don't know why!)

Edit: upon further looking up, now I'm confused if they are different or the same? Could someone clarify for me? Because although I've read it said that Hakim ibn Hazm was the only one born inside the Ka'bah ... a narration from Imam Muslim says that Hakim ibn Hizam was born inside the Ka'bah and lived for 120 years. This may be a mistake on my part.

lol... I changed the last clue, so therefore until further notice - it is actually Hakim ibn Hazm radiAllaahu anhu

But please go ahead, since I think this is partially my mistake of confusion SubhanAllaah

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

actually it was the last clue that rang the bell as i read it somewhere else that the companion who lived for 120 years was hakim ibn hizam and then i searched a lil to see if he was the one in khulalfa's time to reject stuff from bait ul maal(clue 2) and i got it confirmed it was him.i can't locate the site right now.i'm sure i read it...

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yeah, upon looking up on it a bit more online now it seems they are the same. I don't know why the name seems so different to me lol... in any case ~ on with the game.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Okay here goes nothing....

a)he was captured and tied.The prophet:saw:asked him thrice:"What do you have to say for yourself".each time he replied:" "you can have someone of noble blood to kill. If, out of your bounty, you want to forgive, I shall be grateful. If you want money in compensation, I shall give you whatever amount you ask."

b)after reversion he told the prophet:saw::"O Muhammad, by God, there was never on this earth a face more detestable than yours. Now, yours is the dearest face of all to me."

c)He was the first Muslim on the face of the earth to enter Makkah reciting:"Labbayk Allakumma labbayk. Labbayka laa shareeka laka labbayk. Innal hamda wa-n ni'mata laka wa-l mulk Laa shareeka lak.

and yeah an additional bonus clue:i always admired the atittude-lol!!

Jazakallah khair

samiha

---------
Staff member

Thumamah Ibn Uthal radiAllaahu anhu. I knew this one a while back from a lecture where they were narrating the hadeeth about his capture and kept saying "Ya Thumamah" And something rhymed with me and it got stuck in my head lol

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Thumamah Ibn Uthal radiAllaahu anhu. I knew this one a while back from a lecture where they were narrating the hadeeth about his capture and kept saying "Ya Thumamah" And something rhymed with me and it got stuck in my head lol

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

perfect!!you are right.i read about him the first time when i was small.i just loved his atittude for some reason.i told my family his story and no body believed me O_O.So i just thought i'll talk childhood.

you're next sister.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Ok here goes:

1. He was of the children companions in the time of Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam

2. It was said about him that whenever 'Umar radiAllaahu anhu saw him he would say, "May the peace of Allah be upon you, oh, Commander!" And *he* (meaning this Sahabi) would reply: "May Allah forgive you, oh Commander of the Faithful; do you say this to me?" and he would say to him, "I will continue to address you as Commander so long as I live. The Messenger of Allah :saw: has died and you are my Commander."

3. During the Battle of Uhud he was only eleven years old, but attempted to join the Mujahideen carrying a sword almost taller than he was.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Ok here goes:

1. He was of the children companions in the time of Rasulullah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam

2. It was said about him that whenever 'Umar radiAllaahu anhu saw him he would say, "May the peace of Allah be upon you, oh, Commander!" And *he* (meaning this Sahabi) would reply: "May Allah forgive you, oh Commander of the Faithful; do you say this to me?" and he would say to him, "I will continue to address you as Commander so long as I live. The Messenger of Allah :saw: has died and you are my Commander."

3. During the Battle of Uhud he was only eleven years old, but attempted to join the Mujahideen carrying a sword almost taller than he was.

Oh sister was i really confused this time O_O.This companion(if i've guessed correctly)is reported to be 13,10 and 11(acc, to your post)years of age in the battle of uhud.really had me confused as to who is he...and what was his age really.

it's Usama bin Zayd.correct??

Where did you get this info about age from??i think the 13 years is the correct age.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yes that's correct.

Different narrations may have slight alterations in age. I came across both 10 years and 11 years, but the book by Darussalaam discussing children sahabah had him marked as being 11.

Allaah knows best

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Yes that's correct.

Different narrations may have slight alterations in age. I came across both 10 years and 11 years, but the book by Darussalaam discussing children sahabah had him marked as being 11.

Allaah knows best

and i came across 13 too.it said him and another companion(hadhrat ibn omer i think)were rejected as they were yoiung and that they joined battle of ditch when they were 15.Wallahu Alam.

next:

a)he had the the opportunity to meet two world potentates(kings) of his time as a muslim.

b)This is his statement to a king in reply to his proposal: "Death is preferable to me a thousand times to what you ask me to do."

c)hadhrat umer said about him:"Every Muslim has a duty to kiss the head of _________ and I shall start."

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
and i came across 13 too.it said him and another companion(hadhrat ibn omer i think)were rejected as they were yoiung and that they joined battle of ditch when they were 15.Wallahu Alam.

next:

a)he had the the opportunity to meet two world potentates(kings) of his time as a muslim.

b)This is his statement to a king in reply to his proposal: "Death is preferable to me a thousand times to what you ask me to do."

c)hadhrat umer said about him:"Every Muslim has a duty to kiss the head of _________ and I shall start."

'Abdullaah Ibn Hudhafah As-Sahmi radiAllaah anhu

As for point number 3, I think curiosity demands we be told why exactly 'Umar Ibn al Khattab radiAllaah anhu made kissing his head a duty so as to make the thread more beneficial. So please elaborate on that sis, before we carry on ..

A note to all: If there is a specific event which involved a Sahaabi and you want to use that as a basis of the clues, then be sure to give it a bit of context in subsequent posts.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
'Abdullaah Ibn Hudhafah As-Shami radiAllaah anhu

As for point number 3, I think curiosity demands we be told why exactly 'Umar Ibn al Khattab radiAllaah anhu made kissing his head a duty so as to make the thread more beneficial. So please elaborate on that sis, before we carry on ..

A note to all: If there is a specific event which involved a Sahaabi and you want to use that as a basis of the clues, then be sure to give it a bit of context in subsequent posts.

As-salaamu `alaykum

I think I may know why. He saw some of the sahabah or Muslims being tortured/boiled/fried first hand by some mushrik (christian I think) ruler. When it came to `Adbullaah's turn, he wept. The mushrik asked him if it was due to fear and `Abdullaah replied in the negative, stating the reason for his crying being the wish to die a thousand deaths in this way, fee sabeelillaah. So the mushrik said that if `Abdullaah kisses his head, him and all the other Muslim captives would be freed, and so he did... When he narrated this story to `Umar, he ordered the Ummah to kiss his forehead for this feat of his. Wallaahu A`lam... Please correct/elaborate if anyone can. Did I even get the right sahabi!?

Edit: Looking at the other clues (I only noticed them!!!) then it blatantly is the same story!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I think I may know why. He saw some of the sahabah or Muslims being tortured/boiled/fried first hand by some mushrik (christian I think) ruler. When it came to `Adbullaah's turn, he wept. The mushrik asked him if it was due to fear and `Abdullaah replied in the negative, stating the reason for his crying being the wish to die a thousand deaths in this way, fee sabeelillaah. So the mushrik said that if `Abdullaah kisses his head, him and all the other Muslim captives would be freed, and so he did... When he narrated this story to `Umar, he ordered the Ummah to kiss his forehead for this feat of his. Wallaahu A`lam... Please correct/elaborate if anyone can. Did I even get the right sahabi!?

Edit: Looking at the other clues (I only noticed them!!!) then it blatantly is the same story!

Thats correct, barakAllaahu feek. I've seen 2 versions of this story and one says the Christian King boiled the prisoners, the other says they were thrown in boiling oil ..so yes, 'fried'.

Edit: Abdullaah Ibn Hudhafah (r) was the only Sahaabi present in a group of prisoners of war taken captive and presented to the Christian king, due to the curiosity of the King in wanting to meet a Sahaabi, 'Abdullaah was challenged and tested above the other prisoners.

Prior to the punishment, 'Abdullaah Ibn Hudhafah radiAllaah anhu was offered half of the Kings empire and also the Kings daughter in marriage on the condition he apostated from Islaam and became a Christian, he absolutely refused with what was mentioned in clue b)

Next ..

- Upon his birth the Sahaabah carried him through the streets of Madeenah resounding takbeers. (and why was this..?)
- There is a special unique action for which this Sahaabi was praised by Rasulullaah (s) "Oh ___________________, Glad tidings unto you! For the fire of Jahannam cannot touch that body which ________________’ ( ..a truly remarkable incident, really worth the search! so try hard, lol)
- This Sahaabi was 10 years old when Rasulullaah (s) passed away.

Wa-alaykum salaam

PS: Samiha, you're not allowed to guess this one. I think we discussed it recently =P

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Thats correct, barakAllaahu feek. I've seen 2 versions of this story and one says the Christian King boiled the prisoners, the other says they were thrown in boiling oil ..so yes, 'fried'.

Prior to the punishment, 'Abdullaah Ibn Hudhafah radiAllaah anhu was offered half of the Kings empire and also the Kings daughter in marriage on the condition he apostated from Islaam and became a Christian, he absolutely refused with what was mentioned in clue b)

Next ..

- Upon his birth the Sahaabah carried him through the streets of Madeenah resounding takbeers. (and why was this..?)
- There is a special unique action for which this Sahaabi was praised by Rasulullaah (s) "Oh ___________________, Glad tidings unto you! For the fire of Jahannam cannot touch that body which ________________’ ( ..a truly remarkable incident, really worth the search! so try hard, lol)
- This Sahaabi was 10 years old when Rasulullaah (s) passed away.

Wa-alaykum salaam

PS: Samiha, you're not allowed to guess this one. I think we discussed it recently =P

As-salaamu `alaykum

I think it's `Abdullaah Ibn Zubayr. If it is, I was planning on doing him next anyway!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Lol, that was annoyingly quick, yes it is him.. I thought I made it tough!

You have to post what he did that was significant and also a reason for the first clue, before you continue please.

Wa-salaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Lol, that was annoyingly quick, yes it is him.. I thought I made it tough!

You have to post what he did that was significant and also a reason for the first clue, before you continue please.

Wa-salaam

Sorry, but it's happened to me before so now you know how it feels when you put the best clues ever and someone gets it (in my case I edited the lame clue before the answer was posted, oh well, twas saddening...) The Jews of Madinah cast some sihr on the Muslims hoping that they wouldn't give birth to sons. Ibn Zubayr was the first to be born after this event, and maa shaa' Allaah, his first word was sayf (sword). My favourite narration about him is still the one where he drank blood, I was cracking up when I first read that. The sahabah were such amazing people, may Allaah be pleased with them!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Sorry for not providing the details.i made a thread about Abdullaah Ibn Hudhafah (r) in the companions section.but it is "gone".I clicked submit Thread and then it dissappeard...so what's going on...??
i thought i would post the link of the thread and some of the incidents explaining the clues as sister alfajr requested.here's the part that explains clue2 and 3

God willed that Abdullah ibn Hudhafah should fall captive to the Byzantines and he was brought before the Emperor. The Emperor looked at Abdullah for a long time. Suddenly he said, "I shall make a proposal to you."

"What is it?" asked Abdullah. "I suggest that you become a Christian. If you do this, you will be set free and I shall grant you a safe refuge." The prisoner's reaction was furious: "Death is preferable to me a thousand times to what you ask me to do."

"I see that you are a bold man. However, if you respond positively to what I propose to you, I will give you a share in my authority and swear you in as my aide."

The prisoner, shackled in his chains, smiled and said, "By God, if you give me all that you possess and all that the Arabs have in exchange for giving up the religion of Muhammad, I shall not do so."

"Then I shall kill you."

"Do what you want," answered Abdullah.

The emperor then had him put on a cross and ordered his soldiers to throw spears at him, first near his hands and then near his feet, all the while telling him to accept Christianity or at least give up his religion. This he refused over and over again to do.

The emperor then had him taken down from the wooden cross. He called for a great pot to be brought. This was filled with oil which was then heated under a fierce fire. He then had two other Muslim prisoners brought and had one of them thrown into the boiling oil. The prisoner's flesh sizzled and soon his bones could be seen. The emperor turned to Abdullah and invited him to Christianity.

This was the most terrible test that Abdullah had to face up till now. But he remained firm and the emperor gave up trying. He then ordered that Abdullah too be thrown into the pot. As he was being taken away he began to shed tears. The emperor thought that he had at last been broken and had him brought back to him. He once more suggested that Abdullah become a Christian but to his astonishment, Abdullah refused.

"Damn you! Why did you weep then?" shouted the emperor.

"I cried," said Abdullah, "because I said to myself 'You will now be thrown into this pot and your soul will depart'. What I really desired then was to have as many souls as the number of hairs on my body and to have all of them thrown into this pot for the sake of God."

The tyrant then said, "Will you kiss my head? I will then set you free?"

"And all the Muslim prisoners also?" asked Abdullah.

This the emperor agreed to do and Abdullah said to himself, "One of the enemies of God! I shall kiss his head and he shall set me and all other Muslim prisoners free. There can be no blame on me for doing this." He then went up to the emperor and kissed his forehead. All the Muslim prisoners were released and handed over to Abdullah.

Abdullah ibn Hudhafah eventually came to Umar ibn al-Khattab and told him what had happened. Umar was greatly pleased and when he looked at the prisoners he said, "Every Muslim has a duty to kiss the head of Abdullah ibn Khudhafah and I shall start." Umar then got up and kissed the head of Abdullah ibn Hudhafah.

btw i think it's Akhi al-Kashmiri's turn.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73042
Edit:i found my thread.strange!!i'm sure it wasn't there last night.wonder what happened.??

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Sorry, but it's happened to me before so now you know how it feels when you put the best clues ever and someone gets it (in my case I edited the lame clue before the answer was posted, oh well, twas saddening...) The Jews of Madinah cast some sihr on the Muslims hoping that they wouldn't give birth to sons. Ibn Zubayr was the first to be born after this event, and maa shaa' Allaah, his first word was sayf (sword). My favourite narration about him is still the one where he drank blood, I was cracking up when I first read that. The sahabah were such amazing people, may Allaah be pleased with them!

Yes but none of my clues were lame, you just knew it beforehand, so its extra irksome! Lol no worries, Im amused more than annoyed anyway. Also, theres a lot about 'Abdullaah Ibn Zubayr (r), so I hope other events from his life crop again as the thread progresses.

The drinking of the blood is also a personal favourite, and a friend of mine told me his first word was 'sayf' but I had yet to confirm it, subhanAllaah, if we could have just one of the likes of their kind today, the face of the planet would change.

Wa-salaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Yes but none of my clues were lame, you just knew it beforehand, so its extra irksome! Lol no worries, Im amused more than annoyed anyway. Also, theres a lot about 'Abdullaah Ibn Zubayr (r), so I hope other events from his life crop again as the thread progresses.

The drinking of the blood is also a personal favourite, and a friend of mine told me his first word was 'sayf' but I had yet to confirm it, subhanAllaah, if we could have just one of the likes of their kind today, the face of the planet would change.

Wa-salaam

No they weren't. Only one of mine was a giveaway, otherwise they were some very interesting clues... To be honest, I kind of guessed yours. Ibn Zubayr's name was the first that came to mind and I was sure he was young when Rasoolullaah (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) passed away, and initially I thought that the second clue was said after the blood drinking incident... The first clue I found when I checked my source to verify! Ok I'm next, hold tight as I might take a while to think.

Oh and Seeking Allah's Mercy, your thread was unapproved automatically I don't know why, but I approved it last night.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Before I get told off or reminded, I'll post my questions which I was suppose to do a while back... Sorry guys, I'm hardly around these days.

1) There is a dispute over this Sahabi, as he never met the Messenger, sall Allaahu `alayi wasallam, though the Prophet spoke of him to the companions. Hence to some he is considered a taabi`ee.

2) He came with a dispatch from Yemen and met `Umar during his caliphate.

3) His name in Arabic means 'wolf cub'.​

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
1) There is a dispute over this Sahabi, as he never met the Messenger, sall Allaahu `alayi wasallam, though the Prophet spoke of him to the companions. Hence to some he is considered a taabi`ee.

2) He came with a dispatch from Yemen and met `Umar during his caliphate.

3) His name in Arabic means 'wolf cub'.​

Awais al-Qarni rahimahullaah? I don't know if his name means 'wolf cub,' but I'm pretty sure its him from the other clues you've given.

Wa-alaykum salaam