the loss of decency in the u.s.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
salaam alaykum to all readers,

before i really begin to discuss my topic, i would like to commend all of the hijabi and niqabi women out there for gaurding their modesty. now i'll get to the point. i am a manager pf an rx store that never closes, so from time to time i have to work the overnight shift. very often i happen to cover the weekends. during this time it never ceases to amaze me at how so much sin is tolerated these days. last night i had so many women that were practically topless approaching me at the register. i couldn't even look at them directly like should be doing as an act of customer service. our beloved prophet muhammad saws told us to lower our gazes at such times. which is the right thing to do. my problem is that these women that walk around like this these days never take into consideration that just maybe, just maybe that not every man wants to see a woman this way. that we do have morals and levels of appropriateness. i actually feel sorry for them to in a way. why? while i see them i often hear other men in the store talking about how nice these womens body parts are or what they'd do to these women; and how these men hit on them etc. these women will never truly be respected by men. these men have no interest in any of these womens hopes and dreams etc. who will truly love them one day?

what happened to the decency in america? these were young women, so i began to wonder what type of mothers would they be? what kind of model would they be to their daughters, and how can their sons respect women, when their main model of a woman doesn't respect herself?

then i have people coming in from nightclubs all drunk and stuff buying condoms. what happened to people waiting for marriage to have sex? some of these same people tell me their sob stories of how terrible it is to pay child support etc. i never hesitate to tell them that they have to be accountable for their actions. today in america there is a if it feels good do it mentality. women come in buying condoms by the dozens is the norm when i'm at work. each and every one of the men that they're dealing with is no good and really has no love for any of these women. i also get women that come in drunk nervously buying pregnancy tests. afraid that they may actually have to lay in the bed that they made. but there is no shame in them. on occasion one may seem to be a little embarrassed, so i ask them what are they ashamed of. they say well me buying condoms and all, you may think i'm loose. i say, do you know what that means? they say, no. i then tell them that they know deep in their heart that they're doing something wrong and what are they going to do about it.

homosexuals also come in, openly flaunting their gayness to everyone, at times kissing their partners in front of us, many times parents have to cover their childrens eyes. they have many times hit on me, even the ones that dress as women. more and more this country is becoming like sodom and gomorrah. and it is considered politically incorrect to object to this lifestyle. how can criticizing questionable behavior be politically incorrect?

when i see all of these things, i just have to say alhamdullah, for practicing the teachings of al qur'aan al karim and as-sunnah of muhammad saws. that allah subhana wa t'aala has guided me in the right direction. i thank allah swt for allowing hijabi women to be a sign to me that all is not lost when it comes to modesty. that a woman doesn't have to be near naked to let the world know that she is a woman.

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

That is called being cheap. Women begging: "please somebody watch me, please somebody have sex with me. Here I go put off my clothes, please please....."

:D

People never made themselves this much cheap and dirty.

A person who follows his Nafs is just like a dog who also has its sexual organ as the forcus of all the attentions.

This is the Western civilized anarchy which I had been talking about that this civilization is committing suicide itself.

Wassalaam,
VE

eemaan1

:salam2:

is it not better to pray for them to see the error of their ways?
besides which every human being is a sinner and we should be more concerned with our actions...

live and let live...

here's an idea....
why dont you make some leaflets about islam (da'wa like) and giv it to them with every condon you sell to them? just an idea

no offence...:hearts:

shaz_1999

It is no better in England

I cannot stand that men have no tops on and I dont even think we can call them shorts coz its the size of boxers

Its disgusts me big time to

They have no shame do they and they dont think that other people dont like you being in their face naked not even semi clothed its makes me sick

I am so glad that I am a muslim and I dress the way I do

justoneofmillion

in germany it`s the same too just take a look at divorces , rapes,illigitimate children,prostitution antidepressif consumes rates and on and on..... they point the fingers at muslims when it comes to polygamy by taking it out of context from the holy quran while themselves practice what i call undeclared polygamy they dare talking about women right and use them to sell beer and cars in the advertisings they jail them in vicious,selfdistructing and never ending cycle of watching end being watched they give them the false but certainly pleasing impression of being free and" independent" just for the sake of the word so they may forget that" women" these days are capitalism`s favorit preys and it`s best consumers they literally press them like lemons and when they`re old and used the bring them into centers for old people because there is no one to take care of them anymore they become to much of a burden for the families they neglected or may have never really managed to build.they call this civilisation? it`s a jungle brother!!!!even animals hunt their preys just when they are hungry for their basic needs capitalists try to eat other´s for their comfort and luxury they launch their wars and propaganda machines playing the good and the bad but remember "it`s self distructif"this bad hollywood scenario is no longer working the world is indeed changing countries like india china and others want their part of the cake the outsiders of today will be the heroes of tomorrow and regarding to islam well it is the fastes growing religion in the west!!! and it is without doubt the only cridible way for the west to get protected from itself they don`t see yet but they will see itsoon when Mercedes will move to india and the elefant will be heading to germany they will recognise it because that`s" human beings" are hypocrites when they are doing good and healthy they forget Allah swt when they are in troubles or sick they ask for his help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let me finish by writing this from the holy Quran"sanastadrijuhum min haytu la yaalamun"sorry i don`t rememberber the verse number. wassalamu aleikum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatuhu:astag: :astag: :SMILY346:

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR

thanks for sharing brother...don't be sad because Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and in the U.S. May Allah guide these people.

I thank Allah for guiding us to Islam.

I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, Islam as my religion, and Muhamaad (PBUH) as the messenger.

saqlawi

Muslim Student
I'm in America too- same problem of course.

They taught us about AIDS in my health class. Here is their solution: use a condom.

Wow.

Here's "fighting AIDS in Africa": hand out condoms.

Wow.

And of course-modesty is not even a question in my school. It is on a more skin=better basis.

fagie

well what bout our own Muslim countries. I live in a Muslim country in South East Asia. We hav a lot of woman wearing hijab here. But even though they cover their hair, u should see how tight and body-hugging their clothes, skirts, jeans are.
Dont let me start on the men themselves. The number of them becoming useless is on the rise. I can tell u that the majority of graduates in my country is girls ( bout 70% ). I dont know where are all the guys hav gone. A lot of drug addict, gang rape is on the rise, cimes etc.
I prayed God will protect m family and children from the tribulation of this world and the Dajjal. InsyaAllah

Wulf

Voltaire, a French Philosopher once said. "Man who fails to learn from history, is condemned to repeat it"

The West has not learned from the lessons of Rome at the time of it's demise. The corruption, infidelity, incest etc weakened a great Empire, just as it now weakens the West.

As men sow their seed of corruption across the corupted but fertile fields of promiscuity, they do not wonder about the children that will be born. They hide their guilt with Alchohol and Drugs saying, "I am not responsible, I was Drunk/High at the time". Yet they deliberately go out of their way to get drunk, so they can have an excuse for their actions?

They do not realise that these children may grow up and, unbeknown to them, have relationships with their brothers, sisters, cousins etc. Because their Fathers do not know which child is theirs.
Certificates of Birth read "Father Unknown." How are they to know?
Even as I write there are moves to have Incest decrimminalised in Germany. Allowing Marriage between siblings. I am led to understand that in France it is already permitted.
Religion in the West has become an Inconvenience, interfering in the desires of humanity, nakedness, promiscuity and infidelity have become the norm, the only example by which their children learn.
Here in Australia three out five families are Single Parent. Sociological predictions have stated that by 2010, four out of five marriages will end in Divorce within the first five years of Marriage.

It is the temptations of western society that entice the Righteous away from the purity of Allah (swt) and the teachings of the Prophets, blessings be upon them.

W'Asalaam

Ibrahim

BlueFish

is it not better to pray for them to see the error of their ways?
besides which every human being is a sinner and we should be more concerned with our actions...

live and let live...

here's an idea....
why dont you make some leaflets about islam (da'wa like) and giv it to them with every condon you sell to them? just an idea

no offence...:hearts:

You know, that might be effective. Interesting idea i must say. Dont know if it is right way, but it might send mixed messeges.
PEACE

aishamohamud

:wasalam: the ayha is in suratul qalam verse 44
in germany it`s the same too just take a look at divorces , rapes,illigitimate children,prostitution antidepressif consumes rates and on and on..... they point the fingers at muslims when it comes to polygamy by taking it out of context from the holy quran while themselves practice what i call undeclared polygamy they dare talking about women right and use them to sell beer and cars in the advertisings they jail them in vicious,selfdistructing and never ending cycle of watching end being watched they give them the false but certainly pleasing impression of being free and" independent" just for the sake of the word so they may forget that" women" these days are capitalism`s favorit preys and it`s best consumers they literally press them like lemons and when they`re old and used the bring them into centers for old people because there is no one to take care of them anymore they become to much of a burden for the families they neglected or may have never really managed to build.they call this civilisation? it`s a jungle brother!!!!even animals hunt their preys just when they are hungry for their basic needs capitalists try to eat other´s for their comfort and luxury they launch their wars and propaganda machines playing the good and the bad but remember "it`s self distructif"this bad hollywood scenario is no longer working the world is indeed changing countries like india china and others want their part of the cake the outsiders of today will be the heroes of tomorrow and regarding to islam well it is the fastes growing religion in the west!!! and it is without doubt the only cridible way for the west to get protected from itself they don`t see yet but they will see itsoon when Mercedes will move to india and the elefant will be heading to germany they will recognise it because that`s" human beings" are hypocrites when they are doing good and healthy they forget Allah swt when they are in troubles or sick they ask for his help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let me finish by writing this from the holy Quran"sanastadrijuhum min haytu la yaalamun"sorry i don`t rememberber the verse number. wassalamu aleikum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatuhu:astag: :astag: :SMILY346:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Your topic makes everyone think. Yes, these poor people parade around. They fill thier souls with physcial cures. We live in a very diseased society. The laws are contorted becuase they are built on an erroneous tenent.
Everything is an object. As long as everything is an object, it remains physical. What are you going to do for me? What am I getting out of this?
This society reflects pain. There is a magic pill for every aliment. The society is purposefully drug addicted. The dummification of the average person enables the powers to be to make decisions i.e. hegemony. It is interesting to note that there is no time to reflect and think.
The sufis help us understand how to remain on the path. We have to detach from the world. You work, you remain responsible however you do focus on the interior journey. Life is a process and you fight your lower self to remain in touch with that which is in your heart.
Islam teaches us to lower our gaze. The world around us is a prop, pulling us away from that which helps us to raise our souls.

safiya58

I´m so sorry for these woman... please brothers/sisters let us try to be carefull with our expressions. Are we better then them? If Allah would not quide us we would be lost aswell! That´s why we pray guide us to the straight path ( sura el fatiha) no matter how pious one may is he is never able to find the straight path by himself! Hope u got my point. I like sister eemaans Idea...

AlQurtubi

Banned
sister nyer, (I have always though you are a brother before this post)

Nabi (SAW) has already said that "when you dont have haya, do what every you want to".

The materialistic western society will eventually end like this. Doesnt matter how they pose to be respectable, educated etc.

Allama Iqbal has said it 70 years ago that

Tumhari Tehzeeb apnay khanjar say aap he khud kushi karay gee
Shakh-e-nazuk pay jo Aashiana baney ga, na paiedar hoga

(your culture will suicide using its own dagger... the house made on vulnerable place will always be prone to destruction)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

What confuses me the most is:

1. The USA government legalized prostitution and whorehouses. And americans wonder why the wide spreading of HIV AIDS.

2. The USA government legalized alcohol, and americans wonder why people drive drunk, killing others.

those are just 2 of many of the things that dont make sence in america.

Non-muslims take personal freedom as an excuse, to make everything legal and permitted.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
1. The USA government legalized prostitution and whorehouses. And americans wonder why the wide spreading of HIV AIDS.

Brother...Prostitution is against the law in the U.S.

When a prostitute is caught..she will get arrested..and have a charge put on her record..and if the incident reoccurs..then the charge/sentence will increase each time it happens..and the same goes for men who hire prostitutes..and/or pay for them for any sort of service...

A lot of times...the police will even have female and male cops pose as prostitutes and customers..and then they arrest people that way...

I mean no disrespect..but we should be egalitarian even in our disagreements..as we are held accountable for everything we say..even towards those we might not think so highly of...

Also...

I would like to bring the following into perspective...

When Americans..Europeans...let's just say..."Westerners"...dress and act the way they do...it is all they know...they might have heard about their grandparents doing it...they might see their parents doing it..they see or hear about...the uncles..aunts...neighbors..classmates..friends...actors and actresses...acting that way...dressing and talking that way...

They are practically "raised" surrounded by faulty decisions..choices..and morals...

That's why many of them follow the cycle..but when they have a moment to themselves...they feel guilty..regretful...or even confused as to why they have to be that way...

Or better yet..

That's why many of them..when exposed to the morals of Islam for example..they embrace them..and thus..the embrace Islam *itself*!!!

What bothers *me* is...

The indecency...ill-manners...double-standards...moral detachment..and faulty choices which fellow Muslims make...both *in* Muslim countries..and *out* of them...

Now...in some places..these things are not *apparent*...in other words..."they happen behind closed doors"...but believe me..they happen exactly like they happen in the West (sometimes even WORST) which we are always so quick to criticize...

In fact now in some Muslim countries...taking a short walk through a mall...will turn your hair gray with sorrow!!!...due to the things you will see and hear around you..all committed by brothers and sisters...

Which brings up the question...

What is the *excuse* for these people to be acting that way?

The first group is *raised* to be that way because there is no guiding "system" for them..but the 2nd (the Muslims)..Sobhanallah..they are even *taught* Islam *in school*...they see and hear the masjids..many *speak..write..and read* the language of the Qura'an!!!..but yet they commit some unspeakable things

I just thought I'd point this out..because really..we *all* need to look at ourselves..at the Muslim community around us (whether it be in the East..or West)..and examine them well..and attempt to clear off anything which doesn't belong in it or around it..then we may move on to those outside..or near us or the Muslim community around us

And we all need to remember the Hadith of The Prophet (pbuh) when he said:

"One of you may see the Qithiy (dirt..dust..etc.) in the eye of his brother, but he will not see the Jithe'e (stem of a tree or plant) within his eye".

Meaning...

each of us may fall prey to zooming in on other people's imperfections and mistakes..even if they are as tiny and irrelevant as dust particles..but we will ignore our *own*...which can be as if they were "stems" growing out of our eyes..and The Prophet (pbuh) in his wisdom..used the Qithiy and the Jithe'e as examples to help us "imagine" the criticalness of this trait (to some it could be a *habit) which many of us may fall into practicing or committing...

I ask Allah (swt) to guide us towards what pleases Him..and to give us His aid to remain steadfast when facing the evils of this dunya..

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
you are absolutely right brother and seriously i couldn't stop laughing for a while lol cuz i use to work at a gas station and would encounter many cases like this some of them would seriously be funny ... like literally some guys or girls would walk in and be like you guyz have condoms ... and they were behind counter so i would just let them in cuz i was really shy and lol the funniest part would be some people would ask my opinion which one is better I would be Like I dont know how am i suppose to know that Oh those were horrible days especially that the gas station i worked at was in between many major hotels/models in the city so I had many different cartoons visit and can you believe it pharmacy wasn't enough they had to sell condoms and i dont know wat type of weird pills at the GAS STATION like OMG where is this society going.
walaikum salam

safiya58

Brother...Prostitution is against the law in the U.S.

When a prostitute is caught..she will get arrested..and have a charge put on her record..and if the incident reoccurs..then the charge/sentence will increase each time it happens..and the same goes for men who hire prostitutes..and/or pay for them for any sort of service...

A lot of times...the police will even have female and male cops pose as prostitutes and customers..and then they arrest people that way...

I mean no disrespect..but we should be egalitarian even in our disagreements..as we are held accountable for everything we say..even towards those we might not think so highly of...

Also...

I would like to bring the following into perspective...

When Americans..Europeans...let's just say..."Westerners"...dress and act the way they do...it is all they know...they might have heard about their grandparents doing it...they might see their parents doing it..they see or hear about...the uncles..aunts...neighbors..classmates..friends...actors and actresses...acting that way...dressing and talking that way...

They are practically "raised" surrounded by faulty decisions..choices..and morals...

That's why many of them follow the cycle..but when they have a moment to themselves...they feel guilty..regretful...or even confused as to why they have to be that way...

Or better yet..

That's why many of them..when exposed to the morals of Islam for example..they embrace them..and thus..the embrace Islam *itself*!!!

What bothers *me* is...

The indecency...ill-manners...double-standards...moral detachment..and faulty choices which fellow Muslims make...both *in* Muslim countries..and *out* of them...

Now...in some places..these things are not *apparent*...in other words..."they happen behind closed doors"...but believe me..they happen exactly like they happen in the West (sometimes even WORST) which we are always so quick to criticize...

In fact now in some Muslim countries...taking a short walk through a mall...will turn your hair gray with sorrow!!!...due to the things you will see and hear around you..all committed by brothers and sisters...

Which brings up the question...

What is the *excuse* for these people to be acting that way?

The first group is *raised* to be that way because there is no guiding "system" for them..but the 2nd (the Muslims)..Sobhanallah..they are even *taught* Islam *in school*...they see and hear the masjids..many *speak..write..and read* the language of the Qura'an!!!..but yet they commit some unspeakable things

I just thought I'd point this out..because really..we *all* need to look at ourselves..at the Muslim community around us (whether it be in the East..or West)..and examine them well..and attempt to clear off anything which doesn't belong in it or around it..then we may move on to those outside..or near us or the Muslim community around us

And we all need to remember the Hadith of The Prophet (pbuh) when he said:

"One of you may see the Qithiy (dirt..dust..etc.) in the eye of his brother, but he will not see the Jithe'e (stem of a tree or plant) within his eye".

Meaning...

each of us may fall prey to zooming in on other people's imperfections and mistakes..even if they are as tiny and irrelevant as dust particles..but we will ignore our *own*...which can be as if they were "stems" growing out of our eyes..and The Prophet (pbuh) in his wisdom..used the Qithiy and the Jithe'e as examples to help us "imagine" the criticalness of this trait (to some it could be a *habit) which many of us may fall into practicing or committing...

I ask Allah (swt) to guide us towards what pleases Him..and to give us His aid to remain steadfast when facing the evils of this dunya..

wow.... I hope that everyone will read this

Isra

aka Tree2008
As Salamo Alaikome...

I live in the USA so I see everything that is said here about the low morals of this country and I believe too as others here have said that low morals are practiced all over the world today in every country.

I have to say though that what made me the most sad is when I visited a local mosque in my area during Ramadan and saw the women in the mosque were dressed with just scarfs hanging loosely on their heads instead of the hijab. I also heard from their own voices that it is not necessary to wear the hijab OR the scarf outside the mosque. When I mentioned I thought it was obligatory they simply suggested it was a personal choice. Some even said yes its obligatory but they dont follow it. I felt so sad to hear this.

In the mosque I attended the men and women prayed separately with a partition dividing them yet they ate together in the same room with no partition and even mingled in the kitchen area talking to each other. I didnt think anything of it at the time because of course it was my first time in any mosque so for me it was very normal for men and women to mingle in this type of setting. It was later as I read more and more about Islam that I understood this to be wrong.

I want to say that this was my first impression of true Muslims coming from a non-Muslim point of view. If this is the impression that Muslims are giving in this society how can we even begin to point a finger at what non-Muslims are acting like???

I hope to not offend anyone by my observations and this is strictly my own opinion. May Allah guide us all to the straight path.