The Ruling of Watching Football Games In Islam (Arabic with Eng.Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Hey heye hey watching football is permissible. But i like the Shaykh, he has good points.

Assalamualikum
of course it is permissible as what is haram and what is halal is clearly mentioned in Quran yet everything has limitation.If something that we do take us away from remembering Allah or worshiping Allah then in sha Allah it is not something good.

Trust me,life is much better than watching football game :)
Allah knows the best.Assalamualikum.

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
Ruling on wearing shorts when playing sport and exercising

I play basketball, so I wear shorts when practicing and when playing in matches. Is this haraam?

Praise be to Allaah.

Playing sport is permissible if that does not distract one from something that is obligatory. If it distracts you from something that is obligatory then it becomes haraam, and if it becomes a person’s way of life so that it takes up most of his time, then it is a waste of time, and in this case at the very least it is makrooh.

With regard to playing sport wearing only shorts which show the thighs or most of them, this is not permissible. The correct view is that young men must cover their thighs, and it is not permissible to watch players when they have their thighs uncovered in this manner.

Fatwa of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen from Fataawa Islamiyyah, vol. 4, p. 430.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Ruling on wearing shorts when playing sport and exercising

I play basketball, so I wear shorts when practicing and when playing in matches. Is this haraam?

Praise be to Allaah.

Playing sport is permissible if that does not distract one from something that is obligatory. If it distracts you from something that is obligatory then it becomes haraam, and if it becomes a person’s way of life so that it takes up most of his time, then it is a waste of time, and in this case at the very least it is makrooh.

With regard to playing sport wearing only shorts which show the thighs or most of them, this is not permissible. The correct view is that young men must cover their thighs, and it is not permissible to watch players when they have their thighs uncovered in this manner.

Fatwa of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen from Fataawa Islamiyyah, vol. 4, p. 430.

Assalamualikum sister.
Jazaka Allah khair for the fatwa :)
Assalamualikum

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalamualikum
of course it is permissible as what is haram and what is halal is clearly mentioned in Quran yet everything has limitation.If something that we do take us away from remembering Allah or worshiping Allah then in sha Allah it is not something good.

Trust me,life is much better than watching football game :)
Allah knows the best.Assalamualikum.

Yeap, I agree with you, but sometimes i need to relax a bit. I dont watch foootie all day btw

revert2007

Love Fishing
Yeap, I agree with you, but sometimes i need to relax a bit. I dont watch foootie all day btw

Football doesn't make u relax.That is the worse choice of game for those want to relax :).Football increases ur blood pressure and controls ur mind.
I used to watch football and played football.Neither makes me relax :)

Ibn Uthaymin

Football doesn't make u relax.That is the worse choice of game for those want to relax :).Football increases ur blood pressure and controls ur mind.
I used to watch football and played football.Neither makes me relax :)

Sister, you should really play football occasionally because it is good for your health. It doesn't increase blood pressure, that's fallacy.

Salamn alik. :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
Sister, you should really play football occasionally because it is good for your health. It doesn't increase blood pressure, that's fallacy.

Salamn alik. :)

I wish i can play...but those joyful days is history now...Now I am a mother and a fulltime housewife..and the most important thing ..am a Muslimah... :)...house work is more than enough to keep me healthy.

Anyway...hope you enjoy playing football but make sure your shorts is below knee :)

Assalamualikum.

Ibn Uthaymin

I wish i can play...but those joyful days is history now...Now I am a mother and a fulltime housewife..and the most important thing ..am a Muslimah... :)...house work is more than enough to keep me healthy.

Anyway...hope you enjoy playing football but make sure your shorts is below knee :)

Assalamualikum.

Ah. I see...and yeap below knees is important

AbdurRahman91

You know what my point against football is?

You are not only supporting the kafirs in their festivals like the time of the people of the caves and Ibrahim alayahi salam, but you many times are imitating them and there ways. We are also copying them in nationalism.

And...im no scholar, but i thought we are supposed to hate the kaffirs

dna1987

Muslim Guy

You are not only supporting the kafirs in their festivals like the time of the people of the caves and Ibrahim alayahi salam, but you many times are imitating them and there ways. We are also copying them in nationalism.

After reading this post, and the other 18 you've posted, I have a strong feeling that you are trolling and writing things based on internet research you've done on Islam.
You don't hate anyone that is not oppressing you in anyway. You are meant to hate doing things yourself that displeases Allah. This is what the scholars that spoke today at our mosque repeated.
:salam2:

revert2007

Love Fishing

Assalamualikum.I am not going to discuss football as I have said enough on that topic.

One thing would like to point out here.As a Muslim we are not suppose to hate anyone including our enemy.We were given the responsibility to call them to Islam and not to hate them.When you hate them,of course you want them to end up in hell and you will not going to call them to Islam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is boring. The other posts on soccer are more fun. For heaven's sake quit being haters. There is so much to enjoy in life...and I see bitterness here...I'm going to the other soccer posts.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalaam walaikum,

This is boring. The other posts on soccer are more fun. For heaven's sake quit being haters. There is so much to enjoy in life...and I see bitterness here...I'm going to the other soccer posts.

Assalamualikum.

I am surprised .

I read you thread and I am not going to comment anything.I rather remain silent and make dua that Allah guides everyone to His path.

How can I enjoy when am not sure about my akhirah?
How can I enjoy when other Muslims are suffering.
How can I enjoy when my mother is still a non Muslim.
How can I enjoy when most of my families are still non Muslim
How can I enjoy when my deen is not perfect?
How can I enjoy when my salah is not perfect?
How can I enjoy when my Quran recitation is not perfect?
How can I enjoy when my zakah is not perfect?
How can I enjoy when my fasting is not perfect?
How can I enjoy when my loved one having troubles?
How can I enjoy when I am not sure whether I can see Allah's face or not?
How can I enjoy when I haven't done my hajj?
How can I enjoy when I haven't conveyed Allah's message to the whole world?
How can I enjoy when many reverts do not pray and do not know how to pray?

How do you define enjoy?Supporting kafirs and dance tango with them?If that is called enjoy,alhamdulilah I do not need to enjoy.

I am pleased by doing jihad in my house and if I were to define enjoy,In sha Allah enjoy in highest level of Jannah when Allah say Salam to His slaves and when we can see HIs face .

I took 12 years to convert to Islam because I want to make sure when I call myself a Muslim,let that be the final and not even a small regret in my decision .I took 12 years to convert because I need time to give up ENJOYING.I want to stop imitating Non Muslims.

Whatever we do,if it pleases Allah and brings benefit to our deen as well as to others ,in sha Allah it is permissible.

If whatever we do displeases Allah,and brings harm to our deen as well as to others,in sha Allah it is forbidden.

And if whatever we do neither pleases Allah nor displeases Him,and neither brings any goodness nor harm to our deen as well as neither brings goodness nor harm to others,in sha Allah stay away from doing it.

:hearts:Muslims' time is precious.Treasure it before it is too late:hearts:
Yassin-58"Peace!" -- a word (of salutation) from a Lord Most Merciful!

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will enjoy my life. I enjoy every second...I am blesssed.

( How did you know I was an excellent dancer...once upon a time when I got on the dance floor everyone else left to watch...but that was many a moon ago ).

Islam is joy sister. Islam is pure joy. There is no guilt in Islam. Guilt is self-imposed. Faith is the antidote to guilt. Each salat removes sin.

A moth runs to light with joy ...and I run to Allah with reckless joy.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalaam walaikum,

I will enjoy my life. I enjoy every second...I am blesssed.

( How did you know I was an excellent dancer...once upon a time when I got on the dance floor everyone else left to watch...but that was many a moon ago ).

Islam is joy sister. Islam is pure joy. There is no guilt in Islam. Guilt is self-imposed. Faith is the antidote to guilt. Each salat removes sin.

A moth runs to light with joy ...and I run to Allah with reckless joy.

Assalamualikum dear.
We both live in different world. :)

I know Islam is pure joy.But our discussion is not about Islam but about soccer.You said my thread is borring simply am proving that the real joy is in Islam and not in soccer :)

Jazaka Allah khair for your post.
Assalamualikum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

I will put in my two cents here.

There must be moderation in any form of entertainment (or hobby). I don't see a lot of harm, if someone just tunes in and enjoys an hour or so of soccer, if he/she has the time.

On the other hand, one must not base one's schedule around soccer matches, watching 3-4 hours of soccer a day, followed by listening to expert commentators etc etc. We should be definitely not be going out and buying vuvuzelas, flags and what not & be completely engrossed in the sport. It is simply a waste of time.

But at the same time, youngsters will be youngsters. And they definitely enjoy playing, watching and discussing sport. So I think they can be excused to some extent.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

I will put in my two cents here.

There must be moderation in any form of entertainment (or hobby). I don't see a lot of harm, if someone just tunes in and enjoys an hour or so of soccer, if he/she has the time.

On the other hand, one must not base one's schedule around soccer matches, watching 3-4 hours of soccer a day, followed by listening to expert commentators etc etc. We should be definitely not be going out and buying vuvuzelas, flags and what not & be completely engrossed in the sport. It is simply a waste of time.

But at the same time, youngsters will be youngsters. And they definitely enjoy playing, watching and discussing sport. So I think they can be excused to some extent.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

I will only watch if you can ask all the football players to wear pants below their knee ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.