The US Did What???!!!

rayray

ugh! that is just so wrong! Girls would watch, even without naked girls...but yeh, playing the game is better than watching

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

That hurt!!!!

However, I am a big b'ball fan. And everyone wants to slam dunk once in their life. The power...the grace.

Remember the force is with the USA thanks to Luke Skywalker!!!

Valerie

I am slightly saddened that the US got through to the 2nd round. I wish they'd fail at everything in life. Until they get their act together and fix their foreign policy so they stop attacking Muslim countries. Assalam alaikum.

Fail at everything in life? Thanks.

arzafar

ugh! that is just so wrong! Girls would watch, even without naked girls...but yeh, playing the game is better than watching

i was referring to cheer leaders. i know it has origins in college football, but apart from american sports i haven't seen cheerleaders anywhere. and certainly never in football proper.

i have played basketball a bit and found it very exciting but footy is much better.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
LOL Sr. AAPA, you're too much XD

I find it amusing, how people kept saying that lady gaga was actually a man, now shes on all the magazine covers naked...Azubillah, lol.

If someone ever accused a normal rational person as being secretly a man, we would laugh at their sheer stupidity and keep walking.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

I was thinking that.
Apparently the original poster is OBLIVIOUS there are Muslim brothers & Sisters in America. Struggling and praying to Allah (swt) that something changes.

Isra

aka Tree2008
please do not hate Americans. The US government is a different animal. They hate their own people.

As salamo alaikome

I was cracking up at most of the posts in this thread and it was very very nice to see everyone having such fun posting on it. However I do agree with Aapa when she posted this. We shouldnt judge all the people of a nation when it is the government that dictates what goes on politically and not necessarily the people.

I am Muslim before I am American. America just happens to be the place Allah chose to "plant" me. We cant choose where we are born but Alhamdulillah Islam is the fastest growing religion in the USA so who knows maybe someday with Allah's blessing this country could turn itself around. I believe in miracles and everything is in Allah's hands. Please dont hate all Americans. We are your brothers and sisters in Islam no matter where we happen to live.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

I was thinking that.
Apparently the original poster is OBLIVIOUS there are Muslim brothers & Sisters in America. Struggling and praying to Allah (swt) that something changes.

I'm not oblivious at all. I'm not talking about the individual in the states. But as a collective body. I pretty much explained it above. I'd hold the same view for any other country in the world, whether it be Egypt, Syria, Mozambique, Guam or France, if they started as many illegal wars as the United States has.

"At least until the foreign policy changes" as I said, I'm sorry but I don't want the US soccer team (a collective body representing the USA) to do well, even though Donovan seems to be a nice player. I hope they get owned by Ghana tomorrow; it'll be good to see an African team progress to the quarter finals too. :salam2:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

People Tiger Woods playing golf is more fun than watching soccer. I love to watch Tiger play.

Most fans of soccer do not think the US will advance to the group of 8. ( In the States with the exception of the Hispanic population....soccer is a sport for a certain segment of society. We actually have a term : soccer mom.)

They are stay at home moms who drive fancy SUV's ( can't drive those cars)..they are very competitive and the only sport their children can excell in is soccer. Their children are not coordinated. Soccer is not the sport for the poor and the middle class in the US, in general.

There are several posts running concurrently telling us the wrongs of sports. One person linked zina to soccer. I could not understand how they were related.

May the force be strong with the USA today.

Valerie

I'm sorry but I don't want the US soccer team (a collective body representing the USA) to do well

They're not representing the government. They're not representing the politics. What country are you from? It'll be helpful for me to know when I cheer for teams in future sporting events.

Linkgx1

o yeah well what about american footy
people wearing over sized clothing and protection, bumping into each other and even the bump the ball into an oval shape. also the ball can be carried by hand and passed around it but they still call it football.

baseball - where exactly is the sport part? if that's a sport, id rather watch chess.

basketball - clothe hangers running, jumping and bouncing the ball around. didnt somebody tell them they could just run with the ball in their hands and throw it around when needed. o wait that would be football. LOL!

with sports like those, no wonder them Americans need naked girls to get the game going. :rolleyes:

And it's still a superpower.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
They're not representing the government. They're not representing the politics. What country are you from? It'll be helpful for me to know when I cheer for teams in future sporting events.

:salam2:

I think people get emotionally carried away at times. It's just a game of sport after all.

Valerie

:salam2:

I think people get emotionally carried away at times. It's just a game of sport after all.

Agreed. I'm not even a sports fan, but I wanted to return the favor since the person wants the US to fail at everything in life. It's just as obnoxious to lump everyone from the US into one category as it is to put, for example, all Muslims into one category. People would freak out if someone said all Muslims are terrorists. Its rude.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is game time. I hate to say it but it would be kinda nice for the US to win in the one game they do not dominate.

Baseball is fun to play. For those who know something about it..I was always put out in left field..( i hope this made someone smile).

Enjoy the match.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Agreed. I'm not even a sports fan, but I wanted to return the favor since the person wants the US to fail at everything in life. It's just as obnoxious to lump everyone from the US into one category as it is to put, for example, all Muslims into one category. People would freak out if someone said all Muslims are terrorists. Its rude.

I agree. That was out of line and inconsiderate. If one doesn't agree with a country's foreign policy, he/she shouldn't hold prejudiced against it's citizens.
Plus, what benefit does it bring if USA fails badly at soccer to the country's politics ? They are unrelated matters.

I hope it hasn't spoiled your day.

Valerie

I agree. That was out of line and inconsiderate. If one doesn't agree with a country's foreign policy, he/she shouldn't hold prejudiced against it's citizens.
Plus, what benefit does it bring if USA fails badly at soccer to the country's politics ? They are unrelated matters.

I hope it hasn't spoiled your day.

For about two seconds :) then I remembered I can't control what people think, no matter how strongly I disagree with it. I'm okay now :) Hope you're having a good day :)