These endless night

revert2007

Love Fishing
well it is really beautiful...but alhamdulilah it is short..once i read someone's poem which consists 60 stanza(not on tti but in real life)..yeah..thats too much though...

i used to write poem..but hv stopped and i can't really get in the mood of writing one..lol..inshaAllah one day all of u could read mine..lol:SMILY259::SMILY259:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
well it is really beautiful...but alhamdulilah it is short..once i read someone's poem which consists 60 stanza(not on tti but in real life)..yeah..thats too much though...

i used to write poem..but hv stopped and i can't really get in the mood of writing one..lol..inshaAllah one day all of u could read mine..lol:SMILY259::SMILY259:

:salam2:

JazakAllah khair for ur comments sister :)
yea i dont like too long poems this is short and i just wrote it cuz i felt like it :) thx for reading

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar
:salam2: Brother Shaheer

The good thing about being a poet is YOU get to chose how you want to write it. There is no specific rule to writing it. No right nor wrong IMO. However, there are ways to better them. If you don't mind me sharing my 1 cent :)

I noticed you were trying hard to rhyme the whole first stanza... but mind you the 'nights' is SLIGHTLY off the light, bright.... Then in the second stanza there was no rhyme at all. What about trying to 'formulate' a rhythm? A few examples could be...

All the lines in the stanza to rhyme ...bright, light, right, delight
Every alternate line to rhyme.... bright, life, light, wife :p
The ending of each stanza to rhyme. I used this technique in my poem about Hijab. See HERE

Sometimes when sentences are long and others short, try put the long sentence in 2 lines, giving the reader some sort of beat.

Then come those deeper poems that talk about something else and mean something else. Take for example Brother MuslimBrother92 poem (See HERE) whilst talking of a bird, one could interpret it as Iman as I did. However the poet himself could be talking about something else altogether. I love the depth in such poems. You can still use rhymes for such or chose not to rhyme at all! I believe the diversity of it all makes it beautiful.

Like i said Brother, there is NOTHING wrong with how you wrote yours. All that surprises me is how were you capable of writing something that you disclaimed isn't about you? I find this SO unbelievably difficult! I personally need inspiration - that hasn't come since i believe last year! :shymuslima1:

For a first timer... i say Well Done Brother... waiting for your second one :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: Brother Shaheer

The good thing about being a poet is YOU get to chose how you want to write it. There is no specific rule to writing it. No right nor wrong IMO. However, there are ways to better them. If you don't mind me sharing my 1 cent :)

I noticed you were trying hard to rhyme the whole first stanza... but mind you the 'nights' is SLIGHTLY off the light, bright.... Then in the second stanza there was no rhyme at all. What about trying to 'formulate' a rhythm? A few examples could be...

All the lines in the stanza to rhyme ...bright, light, right, delight
Every alternate line to rhyme.... bright, life, light, wife :p
The ending of each stanza to rhyme. I used this technique in my poem about Hijab. See HERE

Sometimes when sentences are long and others short, try put the long sentence in 2 lines, giving the reader some sort of beat.

Then come those deeper poems that talk about something else and mean something else. Take for example Brother MuslimBrother92 poem (See HERE) whilst talking of a bird, one could interpret it as Iman as I did. However the poet himself could be talking about something else altogether. I love the depth in such poems. You can still use rhymes for such or chose not to rhyme at all! I believe the diversity of it all makes it beautiful.

Like i said Brother, there is NOTHING wrong with how you wrote yours. All that surprises me is how were you capable of writing something that you disclaimed isn't about you? I find this SO unbelievably difficult! I personally need inspiration - that hasn't come since i believe last year! :shymuslima1:

For a first timer... i say Well Done Brother... waiting for your second one :)

JazakAllah khair sister for ur beautiful reply :) very informative
to tell you the truth sister, i never really put alot of thought in any of my poems, its just a train of thoughts that goes thru my mind, By far im not a writer not a poem to tell u the truth
I just like what im feeling, and since sadness is something that cant be conveyed easily , it better to put it in words that other wont totally get hehe :D
Inshallah i'll try to ask u for help sis next time i write something up

oh :shymuslima1: (imagine A BOY!!) btw this isn't my first time writing lol i know its very very bad but i write poetry sometimes depending on how i feel and i have also won two awards for the national poetry society, :shymuslima1:
i know hard to believe and for me too, really i just write wat i feel like i dont put much thought Inshallah next time i'll try to put more thought

btw :) ur poem im a swan i have read it before and its marvellous :) very beautiful :)

ansari

STRANGER...
oh :shymuslima1: (imagine A BOY!!)

:lol: .. akhi u always put shy muslima smilie n say imagine a boy :lol: ..

btw nice poem bro :D :D i knw bro wats there in ur HEART :D

MAKE DUA & REMEMBER ME IN UR DUA :D :tti_sister: (imagine a BOY) :lol:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

:lol: .. akhi u always put shy muslima smilie n say imagine a boy :lol: ..

btw nice poem bro :D :D i knw bro wats there in ur HEART :D

MAKE DUA & REMEMBER ME IN UR DUA :D :tti_sister: (imagine a BOY) :lol:

Making u use ur imagination akhi :) hehe :D i cant help it there is no shy brother emote lol

ameen :)

and :lol: @ :tti_sister: (imagine a BOY) COpy cat :p

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar
Ooops my bad!

i was like man i gotto try to

From this statement i thought you were a first timer :shymuslima1: My apologies.

To be honest Brother Shaheer, when I am inspired, I let my heart guide my pen... i write lousy poems when i sit to think about them :D

It's not only sadness that one finds difficult to talk about... sometimes even extreme happiness makes you lost for words... i believe poetry to be at its best when your heart is involved. I was once extremely happy for quitting a job i didn't know what to do but i felt like jumping around from happiness (dont ask :shymuslima1: ) i wrote a poem instead. lol. Maybe one day i will share it :shymuslima1:

Am glad you liked my poem and hope it wasn't too long for sister revert2007 :shymuslima1: It's one of my longest i believe. Jazakalla Kheiran

ansari

STRANGER...
Making u use ur imagination akhi :) hehe :D i cant help it there is no shy brother emote lol

ameen :)

and :lol: @ :tti_sister: (imagine a BOY) COpy cat :p

u r elder than me :p :D .. we must learn good things frm our elders :D :D :lol: ..
istockphoto_8394552-old-man-with-walking-frame-cartoon.jpg

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Ooops my bad!

From this statement i thought you were a first timer :shymuslima1: My apologies.

To be honest Brother Shaheer, when I am inspired, I let my heart guide my pen... i write lousy poems when i sit to think about them :D

It's not only sadness that one finds difficult to talk about... sometimes even extreme happiness makes you lost for words... i believe poetry to be at its best when your heart is involved. I was once extremely happy for quitting a job i didn't know what to do but i felt like jumping around from happiness (dont ask :shymuslima1: ) i wrote a poem instead. lol. Maybe one day i will share it :shymuslima1:

Am glad you liked my poem and hope it wasn't too long for sister revert2007 :shymuslima1: It's one of my longest i believe. Jazakalla Kheiran

yea :) thats true when u r inspired u just let the words flow in watever way they are going , cuz thats ur true emotions and thats why i didn't go back to correct anything or change in the poem cuz i wanted to share wat my real feelings were
:) i usually have no problem in expressing happiness ( jumping on bed!!!) , but yea sadness u know :)
and yea i agree with u poetry to be at its best when your heart is involved
:) mashallah jazakAllah khair for sharing ur thoughts sis :)

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
SHUT UP :p im not even close to emo :p

those are deep deep words LOL :p u wont understand and yes i wrote it :p

hahahhaha sach karwa lagta ha...lolz kiddin kiddin bro itna gussa nahi :p
i know ur not emo take a chill pill :lol:
wese pehla shazia na shut nd ullu now u sayin...*wondering whats up with people who keep sayin shup up and ullu*

:lol:
bhai peom samaj aa hi gai thi:p aap na kon sa lord of the rings ki book jese mushkil english use ki thi :D:D:D

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
hahahhaha sach karwa lagta ha...lolz kiddin kiddin bro itna gussa nahi :p
i know ur not emo take a chill pill :lol:
wese pehla shazia na shut nd ullu now u sayin...*wondering whats up with people who keep sayin shup up and ullu*

:lol:
bhai peom samaj aa hi gai thi:p aap na kon sa lord of the rings ki book jese mushkil english use ki thi :D:D:D

well :p atleast i know :D one of my lil sis is smart enough to get it hehe