This is a MAD Section!

Status
Not open for further replies.

q8penpals

:salam2:

Why are some good cooks/ chefs male !!!??

I think that is funny - we associate women with cooking and cleaning, but some of the most famous chefs in the world are men (and at many of the fancy-schmancy hotels, resorts, and restaurants) and in many, many places, the cleaners are men as well!

Answering the question though, I love to cook and bake and make home-made candy - I just don't do it as much as I would like because I HATE to clean! So I can only do the most cooking the day or two before my maid comes to clean!

Lana

Greek_Rose_2005

Cooking is another art form and I dont think it has anything to do with being male or female..if you feel artistic in the kitchen go for it..try something new..there are famous chefs male and female. I think its just women generally are the home keepers so we generally take over the kitchen..lol..maybe we run the men out too much as we like things neat and clean...hehe ops

q8penpals

LOL! My husband is much more of a house cleaner than I am! I think he is good for me! I hate to clean more than anything else! Not that I want to live in a mess, I am just happy to do my best not to MAKE the mess and pay someone else to clean it up for me when I do!

My husband cooks, cleans, does laundry, cleans the cat litter, ALHUMDILLAH! And I thank him all the time for every thing that he does! His job is not as stressful or time-intensive as mine and so he picks up the extra home duties (I am a teacher, so even when I am home, I am correcting papers, making worksheets/tests, writing lesson plans, etc!)

Lana

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
LOL! My husband is much more of a house cleaner than I am! I think he is good for me! I hate to clean more than anything else! Not that I want to live in a mess, I am just happy to do my best not to MAKE the mess and pay someone else to clean it up for me when I do!

My husband cooks, cleans, does laundry, cleans the cat litter, ALHUMDILLAH! And I thank him all the time for every thing that he does! His job is not as stressful or time-intensive as mine and so he picks up the extra home duties (I am a teacher, so even when I am home, I am correcting papers, making worksheets/tests, writing lesson plans, etc!)

Lana

Sister my humble advice is that. Maybe you can finish the marking of papers all in your school so that u bring nothing back home unless necessary.
you need to help your husband out a bit ukhti...plz

q8penpals

Assalam Aliekum - it's not as bad as all that! I am not forcing my husband to do anything! We have a dishwasher, we have a washer & dryer, we send all the clothes out to be ironed, and we have a maid that does all the actual cleaning-cleaning once a week. My husband loves to cook and finds folding laundry a very soothing, relaxing task. Also, he brought the cat into the house, so I feed it, he cleans up after it (besides, women of child-bearing age should not get anywhere near cat feces). Some of the replies make me think that you think I am a bad wife.

I work at a prestigious college-prep school and if I did all my work at school, my husband would never see me! I work (including after-school hours and weekends) an average of 60 hours per week during the school year - If I spent all that time at school it would be worse on my marriage. That said, being a teacher I do get a lot of extended blocks of time off - I am much more the "housewife" during those times. My husband makes way more money than me and has a job that he only needs to work about 20 hours per week.

If our my husband and I are happy with our situation, I don't see why anyone else should criticize us.

Lana

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalam Aliekum - it's not as bad as all that! I am not forcing my husband to do anything! We have a dishwasher, we have a washer & dryer, we send all the clothes out to be ironed, and we have a maid that does all the actual cleaning-cleaning once a week. My husband loves to cook and finds folding laundry a very soothing, relaxing task. Also, he brought the cat into the house, so I feed it, he cleans up after it (besides, women of child-bearing age should not get anywhere near cat feces). Some of the replies make me think that you think I am a bad wife.

I work at a prestigious college-prep school and if I did all my work at school, my husband would never see me! I work (including after-school hours and weekends) an average of 60 hours per week during the school year - If I spent all that time at school it would be worse on my marriage. That said, being a teacher I do get a lot of extended blocks of time off - I am much more the "housewife" during those times. My husband makes way more money than me and has a job that he only needs to work about 20 hours per week.

If our my husband and I are happy with our situation, I don't see why anyone else should criticize us.

Lana

Forgive me if i make you angry . Sincere apologies
May god reward both of you

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller

Lana

walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu. Humblest apologies from me, alkathiri, and all the brothers who just thought something wrong. You are our sister in Islam, so please forgive us. I never said or had a wrong thought about you or your husband. I hope its clear. We were just kidding, trying to put a smile on our brothers and sisters. Actually the way you put it was funny for us. We know our brothers and sisters in Islam and we trust all for the sake of Allah SUbhanahu Wa Taala. I know you wont trouble our brother like that..lol
May Allah help you and guide you always. May He shower HIS blessings, love, mercy upon you and your family and give what is best in this dunya as well as in the AKhirah.

You guys made me laugh:lol:
Subhanallah

I laughed the most after reading the sister's post.
wa/salam

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Sister; what-ever arrangement works for ya'all. Its your life, Insha'Allah.

I polish my wife's shoes and iron her clothes and being a Pakistani I get called all sorts of stuff!

She does everything else, I help out with what-ever & being a Military man I can't stand people with dirty shoes and messed up clothes& I don't like anyone's ironing and polishing!

Our place is almost always spotless! No complains and no regrets

Lana

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Tough military guy=> backpacking shouldnt be a problem.
I would love to go backpacking inshAllah one day maybe in Turkey

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
The one left is of indian soldiers. And the pictures are too small to be viewed.
Anyway he did his military training in USA, isn't it akhee GP ?
wa/salam

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Tough Military guy?

Bro! I couldn't even ask the Shaykh about 2nd wife when my wife was listening, remember?

:)

Tough military guy=> backpacking shouldnt be a problem.
I would love to go backpacking inshAllah one day maybe in Turkey

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

I myself never tried any of these recipes out do to the fact that i never entered this section but like once!!

The reason i dont enter this section is because i really dont want to burn down my kitchen, because i know if i read the recipes here i would try all of them and ofcourse make them wrong!!!

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!

I myself never tried any of these recipes out do to the fact that i never entered this section but like once!!

The reason i dont enter this section is because i really dont want to burn down my kitchen, because i know if i read the recipes here i would try all of them and ofcourse make them wrong!!!

lol sister i always end up burning something when i attempt to cook and im a sister

najbc

Assalamu alaykum,

I cook but never follow instruction, I smell things, and if I like I put it in the food. My family like my cooking and think I am good cooker but I am not. I use my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.