Thoughts for Sister Kayleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

:salam2:

i have been following the whole discussion, and after reading the posts i completely agree with sisters Kayleigh, valerie and Aapa. you have solid points to support your argument.

i think if one thinks rationally then there is nothing wrong if a woman works along her husband as long as she follows the Islamic rulings.

times have changed now and we have to cope with the changing trends and society then we will progress but also along with keeping our Islamic traditions alive..

:wasalam:

I agree completely with you as well :) You stated it better than I could in those last two sentences :)

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Excellent brother Korai.. From now on , i will agree with u (if u say in my favor :)

Mom, tell us about some of ur presentations and experiences.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have been bad today...I need to finish painting. I am having fun with my mother. I will start a post of my presentations on a rainy day.

We have a hot thread that should be read by everyone. It's the one on shirk..actions and intentions...let's look at that, please..and give this one a well deserved rest.

ShyHijabi

Asalaam aleakum,

Hmm remind me if the leaders of the nations presently banning the nikaab/burka are male or female? Oh yeah..male.

Remind if the leader of nations were male or female that started the whole stupid "War on terror" and invaded a a sovereign nation. Yeah...male.

Remind me the gender of the nations that were responsible for the Spanish inquisition, the holocaust, World War I & II. Men...every.single.time.

And the CEOs of the companies that have gone belly up in the economic crises due to poor investments, criminal use of public funds, and unethical loan proactices. Yep, men. And not just one man per disaster but WHOLE committees of men.

If one were to follow flawed thinking then one would assume that ALL men are as dumb and dangerous as the examples I listed above. And the stats would actually favor this thinking if one did not take in all variables. But this would just reveal the lack of intelligence of one who makes these assumptions based off a narrow view.

I have been a MUCH better supervisor than my male counterparts in the work force. I have had male sups that have lost their tempers, were incompetent at their job, and sulked like little boys if they didn't get their way. And since I have had more male sups one would think I could be prejudiced against ALL males in sup positions. But I can't. Because that would be prejudicial behavior based off anecdotal evidence. And that would make me stupid and ignorant.

In Islam the value of a female person and a male person is equal. Our acts of worship are not weighted on the organs between our legs. Our value is not determined because of anyone's belief about the strength and weaknesses of person because of gender. Islam was and is waaaaay ahead of it's time when it comes to such matters. It seems some people want to use their cultural and personal beliefs to shadow the rules of life and that reveals great immaturity...mental stunting if you will.

I am so glad I am part of a religion that doesn't teach that women are lesser creatures. I am so grateful that my actions will be judged by Allah swt on their own merit and not because of a physical aspect. And I am glad I live in a time when old fashioned thinking will not let a less intelligent and volatile person be in a position of power over me simply because of the genitals in their pants.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
@shyhijabi

Sorry but u didnt get the point we were discussing. U just rushed to reply. U better edit and remove it

And the CEOs of the companies that have gone belly up in the economic crises due to poor investments, criminal use of public funds, and unethical loan proactices

Please dont say this joke again. This recession is a drama and companies flopping is also a drama. U are not seeing wat is ACTUALLY happening. I m glad that i dont live in USA and not been driven by that media which u watch and stay happy, when they fool u by saying YES and NO in two different programs

The way we beleive in news papers and media channel, if we do the same way with Quraan and hadith, we will get higher level in Jannah

arzafar

oh so now that is radical feminism. i suppose there is moderate feminism too.

I bet even them moderate feminists find things like polygny, female slaves of war, corporal punishments radical. Guess what those are all verified sunnah of Muhammad (saw) and an integral part of islaam, any one who hates those things should reconsider their faith. Nowadays practicing sunnah is termed radial islam and then there is the moderate islam (subjective term based on personal preferences).

actually there is only one islam, one feminism and one Christianity. people just cherry pick the parts they like. that's how sects are created. When you show them the parts that they dont agree with it, suddenly it becomes radical.

radical - that which i dont agree with.
moderate - that which i agree with it
how about liberal, progressive or maybe call it ultra moderate - that which is radical on the left i suppose

Furthermore, rationalization, philosophy, argumentation has no place in islam. if someone wants to play rationality and logic open a different thread. kant, volataire, hume, locke, godel, spinoza you name it.

Simply put Islam is taqleed (following) of Muhammad (saw). Once it's established that the prophet (saw) commanded something or forbade something that's the end of that. there is no argument over the matter. twp of the principles that are established are
1. muslim wife is obeys husband as long as it doesnt involve disobedience to Allah (swt). - from quraan and hadith
2. muslim husband provides for the family. - from quraan and hadith

barring exceptional circumstances that is the law and will stay that way without addition or subtraction till the day of judgement. we can only move forward to discussing modern, practical situations (such as single women for whom 1 and 2 dont apply) if those two basic commands are accepted sincerely. i gather that some are finding them hard to accept and in fact a few in this thread find 1 and 2 fairly radical.

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2: :SMILY149:

105 posts :mashallah:.......btw whats going on here im totally :confused::confused::confused:...:SMILY335:

Aapa could u please explain. I mean summarize the whole thread lol if u have time :SMILY149:

Jazakallah khair

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: :SMILY149:

105 posts :mashallah:.......btw whats going on here im totally :confused::confused::confused:...:SMILY335:

Aapa could u please explain. I mean summarize the whole thread lol if u have time :SMILY149:

Jazakallah khair

:pbhai honestly i was thinking what you had to say on this thread:pshould have known:SMILY149:

btw Aapa can your really summarize it.i missed the whole thing halfway and now it's like a novel..........can you turn into a bed time story:SMILY149:

tis makes it 107:D!!

Gernada1492

A Muslim
la la la la la la

lol @ ansari ... u r too late.. discussion has changed its color ..

Brotehr arzafar.. sheeesh! USA version of islam is a bit different than urs even u have lived in USA but u have got a pakitani touch :)

So my best suggestion is not to speak on this thread anymore unless u drink ice cubes before writting here .. please :)

kayleigh

2. muslim husband provides for the family. - from quraan and hadith

Yeah, see, you can repeat that over and over again but it isn't going to do any good because that just isn't realistic in many cases these days.

as I said before, Islam is practical and realistic, not rigid and oppressive. I think some people here are going to find tough real life situations exceptionally hard to deal with if they keep that mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.