To those who can understand Malay language.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I wish respectful brothers and beloved sisters are in the best of health and imaan always, InshaAllaah.

Just want to share a very good source of i'lm:

Well Ive been listening to kulliyah Tafseer Al-Quran fee IKIM.fm given by al-fadhil al-ustaaz Zahazan Mohamed for quite some time. Alhamdulillah a'ala kulli haal, I've learnt a LOT from it. The recording of the kulliyah can also be google by typing the name "Ustaaz Zahazan".

Those who are interested can listen to the kulliyah every weekdays at 8.00pm (GMT+8), inshaAllaah. Besides that, there is also a series of "Haya' bil Arabiyah" where it teaches simple everyday Arabic sentences.

Other than that, I barely listen to the radio. InshaAllaah we can pick those that only bring benefit to us and avoid that which doesnt.

InshaAllaah those living in Singapore, Malaysia or even those currently living overseas but can understand Malay language can browse for the radio's website online.

I hope sharing this with others isn't against the website rules. If it is, kindly inform to me beforehand.

All goodness indeed comes from Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala alone.

Jazakumullahu khayr for reading.

Wa-a'laykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Yes I listen to IKIM at times too. For Singaporeans, you can tune to 106.2FM. Ustaz Zahazan's tafsir lesson is also available every weekdays at 6.30am (GMT+8). I believe the 830pm is the repeated one?

May Allah reward you sister.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Yes, the repeated kulliyah is at 8pm. (I corrected the mistakes, Aasifah).

Alhamdulillah, may we all gain benefits from the 15mins lecture.

Jazakallahu khayr aidhaan.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Assalamu'alaikum

jazaakallahu khairan for this information, will definitely look it up. even though i'm indonesian but i can understand malay (our language maybe similar but the accent is very different and many words have different meanings so its confusing to some people).

just one thing though, where's this ustadz graduate from? just curious that's all.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaikum

jazaakallahu khairan for this information, will definitely look it up. even though i'm indonesian but i can understand malay (our language maybe similar but the accent is very different and many words have different meanings so its confusing to some people).

just one thing though, where's this ustadz graduate from? just curious that's all.

Waa'laykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Its fine, its always nice to ask questions and make things clear.

Here's a brief biodata of the Ustaaz:

He graduated from University Yarmouk, Jordan and then pursued his education in Masters in Al-lughah al-Arabiyah at a local university.

Anyways, maybe you can try to give it a try to listen to his lectures. Then inshaAllah, you'll gain benefits as well.

Wassalam.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
:salam2:

i see thank you for the information, baarakallhu fiik. its just that as a student of knowledge we are taught not to take knowledge blindly from just everybody, kinda like children who taught by their parents "don't talk to strangers" lol thats why its become a habit of mine to find information about an ustadz or syaikh before taking knowledge from them.

btw are you a student at islamic university of malaysia? i kinda have that feeling when i saw your avatar.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa iyyaka akhi.

Did you mean UIA? University Islam Antarabangsa? IIUM (in English).

Well, I am not. But I study at a local university here, alhamdulillah.

Did you went to pesantren before? In Malay, we call pesantren - pondok.

BTW, its been a few years since I listen to that lecture, MashaAllah, it is one of my source of 'ilm since finished madrasah. So inshaAllaah, I can assure you it isnt blindly following :)

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
:salam2:

mashaAllah how did you know? yes alhamdulillah i went to pondok pesantren, people in indonesia call it that as well in indonesia but students of knowledge call it ma'had (boarding school).

since i was junior high i finished my studies in ma'had because national school didn't work out for me, after that i saw phamplet of ma'had al-irsyad al-islamiyyah of tengaran, salatiga (al-irsyad has many schools) and i got interested because i read that al-irsyad salatiga is the only school in indonesia that received mu'adalah from Jami'atul islamiyyah bil madinah al-munawwarah in saudi, also most student of jami'atul islamiyyah that came from indonesia is al-irsyad graduate like 70% of it.

so i got interested and accepted alhamdulillah and ended up as one of the best student there.. but later then things didn't work out well for me and i resigned then finish my study in normal school.

well even so i'm still catching up with my friends that already got accepted in madinah (they almost graduate actually lol)and working hard to get accepted into islamic university of madinah, i applied last year and i'm still waiting for the announcement to come out which is next month i believe.

so that's.. my short story i guess, like the indonesian proverb "tak kenal maka tak sayang" which means if we don't know someone we won't care for them or love them.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
LOL your last statement is kind of funny. But here, people may wrongly understood with the statement, if you understand what I mean.

How do I know? Well, I've been reading the old threads and know quite a bit (I think) of the members here. Its through observations that I realised I guess. Lol. Hope I'm making sense here.

Yes, its called ma'aahad too here actually. But I understand that in Pondok, they learn in great depth of the old kitaab (kitaab-kitaab kuning etc) unlike Islamic schools (madrasaah).

I came to know the word pesantren from the book Ayat-Ayat Cinta.

Anyways, best wishes for you to further your study fee Al-Jamia'ah Al-Madinaah Al-Munawwarah. Saheeh aw khoto'? Sorry my arabic isn't that good.

P.S: I do have some hard time to understand Indonesian language especially if its too...erm...pekat. Not sure of the right word.

Wassalam.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
err... now that i think about it my last statement really is funny, it could also lead people to misunderstanding, but you what i mean of course.

a little correction, what i went to is modern boarding school and we do study old books such as aqidah al-wasitiyyah by ibn taimiyyah, etc. and the papers sometimes is "kuning" lol or yellow, most people will argue about this but what is meant by majority of people by "kitab kuning" is actually referring to books written by imam asy-syafi'i rahimahullah such as Safinah al-naja or scholars who follows madzhab syafi'i because majority of people whether in indonesia or malaysia for that matter follows madzhab syafi'i. then there's also some book that contains bid'ah and khurafat and said that its written by imam syafi'i while actually it has nothing to do with him, or books about tasawwuf, umm.. this is a very important matter and i'll explain more about this inshaAllah because i'm lacking some reference right now.

on other hand the ma'had that went to is striving to be free from all kinds of bid'ah and khurafat, and have a pure tawheed.

hmm.. i see that the book Ayat-ayat cinta is very popular, don't tell me you watched the movie too lol no just kidding.

jazaakallahul khair for the encouragement, your arabic is good mashaAllah, you actually spelled it better in english because i what used is the indonesian spelling.

okay now this is funny define what you mean by "pekat" please.. :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Barakallahu feek for the explanation about the kitaab.

hmm.. i see that the book Ayat-ayat cinta is very popular, don't tell me you watched the movie too lol no just kidding.

Well, I did watched the movie though I prefer the book much much better.

okay now this is funny define what you mean by "pekat" please.. :)

Aasifah about the word. I guess "pekat" means when the accent is too deep; sort of making me hard to understand. For example, the way some village people might speak that even those outside the village wont understand much.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Well, I did watched the movie though I prefer the book much much better.

yes i agree the movie didn't contain the message that the book had.

Aasifah about the word. I guess "pekat" means when the accent is too deep; sort of making me hard to understand. For example, the way some village people might speak that even those outside the village wont understand much.

you don't need to apologize, i just confused because the "pekat" in english is concentrated, or tough. so in indonesia we say this cofee or tea is too "pekat"

btw when i was in al-irsyad i had friends from malaysia, two of them is the sons of ust rasul dahri, do you know him? if you don't you should check his website inshaAllah its beneficial.

http://www.rasuldahri.com/

you can download his videos from this site as well

http://www.al-islam.agussuwasono.com/video-kajian/categories/10.html

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Assalamualaikum

Instead of making a new thread, I'd just like to inform the Malay language speakers (particularly in Singapore and Malaysia) that there's a hifz competition at TV1(Malaysian channel) everyday at 6.30pm every evening!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
btw when i was in al-irsyad i had friends from malaysia, two of them is the sons of ust rasul dahri, do you know him? if you don't you should check his website inshaAllah its beneficial.

http://www.rasuldahri.com/

Akhi, I never heard of Ustaaz Rasul Dahri before, but when I googled it, I found something not really good about it. Wallahu a'lam, its google, so it really can't be trusted.

Assalamualaikum

Instead of making a new thread, I'd just like to inform the Malay language speakers (particularly in Singapore and Malaysia) that there's a hifz competition at TV1(Malaysian channel) everyday at 6.30pm every evening!

Jazakallahu khayr akhi. Didn't know that our television channels could reach Singapore. Can you watch TV9 there? Well if I'm nt mistaken on Jumaat they have a program call "Haalaqah" that discusses about many issues. Worth watching it! (though I havent watch TV intentionally for quite some time)

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
I dont know of TV9. We usually have TV1, TV2 and TV3 only. Anyway the hifz competition is always on before Ramadhan. Its a great watch!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Today the lecture continue with Suraah Al-Anbiyaa' but as usual, Ustaaz will add here and there about stories/ahadeeth and tafseer that might be related to the ayaat discussed.

He said that when he used to study before and was one of the students of ex-Muftee of Jordan, Sheikh Dr Nooh al-Qudho, his Sheikh said that every night before going to sleep, "Read a page from the book Riyadhus Saliheen". It is a must for everyone to read the book as it is a way to become closer to Allaah (of course besides from reciting and pondering of ayaat al-Quran) and one of the "easy" method to become a soleeh/solehaah.

Talking about soleeh/solehaah people, from the book Riyadhus Saliheen, a saheeh hadeeth narrated that Abu Bakr and Umar al-Khattab radiyallahu anhuma used to visit Ummu Ayman (may Allaah be pleased with her), a solehaah, after the demise of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu a'layhi wassalam.

Here it shows the importance of us to live or at least pay a visit to the soleeheen people. Ummu Ayman, one of the woman promised the glad tidings of Jannah cried when both the Sahaabah visited her. Then she said that she wasn't crying because the Prophet sallallahu a'layhi wassalam has passed away but because there will be no more wahyu or revelations.

Soleeheen people thinks, talks and acts differently from the "normal" people. Thats why we are encouraged to meet with such people compared to meeting with people whose heart are preoccupied with the world and scare to die (al-Wahn).

Well, that was some of the knowledge I managed to jot down.

An article of Ummu Ayman: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=443915#post443915

Wassalamua'laykum wa rahmatullah.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Yup MashaAllah and if im not wrong he also said to be among the soliheen you have to perform regular sunnah worships or acts.

May Allah reward you ukhti.